Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 46

For all games that are now over.
Quarg

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 11

Post by Quarg » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:08 pm

William decides to let another round go before moving in on the last Rat Standing,( which is scheduled to appear on TV next season) and do a quick rat dispatch...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:22 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:@GM May I just say I've loved the artwork the last few panels, my two weapon strike, Forges leap, my imitation of a vampire. Great stuff
Thank you kindly :)
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:@GM How far along am I with scraping?

They are a near-limitless supply of spores as far as you know.
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:So some confirmation that they do or do not in fact look different to the naked goblin eye would be nice.
The text of the updates should be taken as canon. Based on those, you should be able to figure out what's going on.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:07 pm

► Show Spoiler
(i'll let others make their own extrapolations in case I missed something)Based on what I found :
First mushroom = pale blue spores = sleep effect (seem to lose effect quickly when outside of the cloud)
second mushroom = unknown spores = unknown effect
Third mushroom = unknown spores = chaotic rage/confusion effect?

One of them produces yellow spores.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

kida
Gives Speeches

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 7

Post by kida » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:08 pm

"These pouches might help us sort the spores"
Drinks
hands over the 4 pouches to Righteous and help him harvest more spores from the mushrooms.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:35 am

Whispering under his breath "ooooo is that a giant?" Forges lies down and hopes they didn't notice him. He then tries to listen in and see if they are saying anything.

He also look across the gap in the scenery and debates if he did a little run up if he could make it to the other side.

ooc: almost forgot to post...,
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 12

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:55 am

Turn 12

Righteous helpsWalks up to the lower rung of the ladder and she hauls herself up to retrieve the arrow. She reties the rope onto the lower rung of the ladder.

William decides to leave the rats alone for another turn.

"These pouches might help us sort the spores"

Drinks heads over to help Righteous with the spore-collecting next turn, but will need to identify what tools he's going to use to do it.

"ooooo is that a giant?"

Forges lies down and tries to overhear what is going on with the green folk, but they seem to be speaking some weird language he can't understand. The jump doesn't look impossible, but it would be a very tough jump.

-----------------------------

INVENTORIES

.[tabs: Walks]

Stats:
ATT: 3 (axe) / 2 (bow)
DEF: 1
HP: 6/6

Items:
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Arrows (x3, +1 ATT)
  • Torch (extinguished): +1 ATT if used as weapon; 5% chance of setting an enemy on fire; 10% chance of breaking.
  • Vial of spider venom: Can be applied to weapons or added to potions.
  • Skull
  • Necklace (Set with 3 Sapphires) (+1 Hp)
  • Length of Rope
  • Healing Salve (+2d3 Hp)
  • Wolfskin Cloak: +1 DEF. Very fine quality, provides protection against the cold.
  • Knock-Back Axe: +2 ATT. Chance to knock an enemy prone (must spend a move to stand back up).
  • Ring of Unquenchable Thirst: Cursed Item (cannot be removed). The wearer must drink every turn.
[tabs: William]

Stats:
ATT: 3
DEF: 3
HP: 5/5

Items:
  • Chainmail shirt: (+2 DEF)
  • LongSword (+2 ATT)(2-handed)
  • Withering Touch
  • Ring of Water Form (Allows you to turn your body (and belongings) into water for 3 turns. (cool-down is 15 turns))
  • Wizards Robe (+1 Def vs. Magic), currently full of Mystery Mushroom Spores
  • Wand of Slumber: Will temporarily send one creature to sleep. Contains 3 charges (and will recharge automagically on return to the GAL)
[tabs: Righteous]

Stats:
ATT: 4
DEF: 2
HP: 3/5

Items:
  • Scorpion Blade: +2ATT, 25% chance to poison an enemy. 1H dagger.
  • Straight Razor (+1 Atk, 1H, 25% chance to cause Bleed(-1 Hp for 1 turn))
  • Battle Standard
  • 2-handed shield (+1 DEF)
  • Obsidian Ring (Set with 1 Black Pearl) (Magic Shield nullifies 1 Attack, ignore upon activation, 15 turn cool-down)
  • Cloak of Blood Banking - Can store 1HP in cloak. If wearer reaches 0HP, will restore you to 1HP
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)
  • 1 Length of rope
  • 1 Length of rope with a pirate hook on the end
[tabs: Drinks]

Stats:
ATT: 2

Items:
  • Simple Axe (+1 ATT) (1-handed)
  • Spear (+1 ATT) (2-handed)
  • Empty pouch: x3
  • Pouch of mushroom spores
[tabs: Forges]

Stats:
HP: 4/6

Items:
  • Preserved Human Ear Necklace
  • Dashon's Blessing (+1 DEF)
  • A sharp looking Man-purse (backpack)
  • 3 important looking letters
  • "My first wand" wand
  • Red Potion (increases Hp by 1 point permanently)
  • 3 books of Evil Badness
  • Mace (+2 ATT)(1-handed)
  • Leather Jerkin (+1 DEF)
[/tabs].

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:37 pm

Righteous One will continue harvesting spores covering his face with his cloak. This time he will scrape from the third mushroom into an empty pouch using his razor.

@kida while I appreciate you handing over the pouches, I'd feel kinda greedy taking them all. If you don't want them I'll gladly accept them. Otherwise 2 of them + the chest will let me harvest from all 3 mushrooms which is enough for me.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:17 pm

William looks about...'Is anyone going to help me with the remaining two rats?'

@ Chuck...ah, the chest seems a bit big for mushroom spores versus other future uses...could we transfer them to one of the small pouches instead?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:28 pm

@Quarg My plan was to take a bunch of spores back to the kitchen (now with a rat chef) to see if they could be transformed into a more usable form like something to coat a weapon in or throw-able vials. Or perhaps in a recipe for something more beneficial. So if I could fill a whole chest (or as much as Thinks let me) then I could get a few batches. Though if you have some idea for the chest then I guess we can transfer them. First though I'm trying to find out a bit about each.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:57 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:@Quarg My plan was to take a bunch of spores back to the kitchen (now with a rat chef) to see if they could be transformed into a more usable form like something to coat a weapon in or throw-able vials. Or perhaps in a recipe for something more beneficial. So if I could fill a whole chest (or as much as Thinks let me) then I could get a few batches. Though if you have some idea for the chest then I guess we can transfer them. First though I'm trying to find out a bit about each.
@ Chuck Then may I suggest we hold off gathering a huge supply of mushroom spores until the end of this mission? Thinks typically does not do the 'Universe Explodes' like Badge....

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:50 pm

I'm not gonna do a full gathering now but I am going to at least find out a little more about them first.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:54 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:I'm not gonna do a full gathering now but I am going to at least find out a little more about them first.
@May I suggest we have a nice group of test subjects waiting for us? ;)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:22 pm

I will come back down if it is decided there will be a rat fight. but looks like your leaning towards experimenting now. All we need to know is what one extra mushroom does (which i hope is not a boost). If we all took on the rats we should be able to take them all out.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

kida
Gives Speeches

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 7

Post by kida » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:30 pm

"I'll help with the rats"
Drinks
attack the rats.

@chuck - you can keep the pouches.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:49 am

Quarg wrote: Thinks typically does not do the 'Universe Explodes' like Badge....
Badge exploded the universe?! Well that sounds like fun! (I assume you mean that my dungeons aren't usually destroyed /become inaccessible after a particular quest? I won't say that's always going to be true, but I'll certainly leave you hints if it is :-))
Last edited by thinkslogically on Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:38 am

@ GM: is the rope long enough that Walks can let the end of it (after the secure knot) hang down from the lowest ladder rung, so we can get up there without needing someone else's help?

If so, Walks will do that, else she'll ask for another rope from Right and tie that NOT to the lowest rung, but the next higher one. (So we don't put too much strain one one rung.) In any case she makes sure the rope dangles nicely down to the goblins without sending up another cloud of spores, before climbing up to peek over the ledge. She remains watchful of the centipede, and if it becomes interested in her/aggressive, retreat back down. If it doesn't, Walks will examine it, the black and gray stuff behind her and the blue stuff in the ceiling of the corridor from where she is.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:07 am

William will attack the rats with Drinks...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:22 am

GathersIngredients wrote:@ GM: is the rope long enough that Walks can let the end of it (after the secure knot) hang down from the lowest ladder rung, so we can get up there without needing someone else's help?
Nope. What you see is what you get in this case.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:55 am

Yeah, Walks can take a rope from me. Since you're just tying it take the one without the hook. I figure we might be able to use that one as a grappling hook over by where forges is.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:47 pm

ok looks like spore experiment later, forges will join the others in the rat attack. I we aim for the already injured one big one and one small one (with overflow onto the other small one) I thinks that's our best bet for taking them out.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:26 am

Hey folks, I'm unexpectedly going out this eve, so the updates will be coming tomorrow and Saturday instead of wed & fri. Hope that's ok and sorry for the short delay.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:50 am

thinkslogically wrote:Hey folks, I'm unexpectedly going out this eve, so the updates will be coming tomorrow and Saturday instead of wed & fri. Hope that's ok and sorry for the short delay.
Fake Histronics wrote: No we paid you absolutely nothing, not even in imaginary gold pieces we must be served first before RL!
Sorry but when you said "I hope that's O.K." just made me want to laugh...

And wait shouldn't your defense be this month?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:53 am

No, it's on the 2nd December - everyone got caught up in term time teaching I think so there's a big delay on when I do the viva. Not complaining too much, but I've got plenty of time to wait yet :-)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:08 am

thinkslogically wrote:No, it's on the 2nd December - everyone got caught up in term time teaching I think so there's a big delay on when I do the viva. Not complaining too much, but I've got plenty of time to wait yet :-)
I think that was the last day possible for my defense when I did it... 8)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 13

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:32 pm

Turn 13

Righteous passes his rope to Walks moves over to the right-hand mushroom and attempts to harvest some more spores. Unfortunately, this one puffs unexpectedly and he gets a faceful of spores despite the cloak! He is suddenly overwhelmed by utter confusion. With no idea where he is or what anything in this place is, he begins to panic and pulls out his knives...

Walks ties the new rope onto the second-lowest rung and weaves it up so it doesn't touch the mushrooms. Then she climbs up to the next level, where the centipede takes immediate offence at being approached and bites her. She takes 1 DAM.

'Is anyone going to help me with the remaining two rats?'
"I'll help with the rats"

William and Drinks head right and launch an attack on the remaining rats. Forges climbs back down the ladder and joins in to help. Together they are able to take out the large rat that had previously been hurt. The rats kill the remaining little rat and the large one takes a bite out of Forges, but isn't able to break through his armour.

-----------------------------

INVENTORIES

.[tabs: Walks]

Stats:
ATT: 3 (axe) / 2 (bow)
HP: 5/6

Items:
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Arrows (x3, +1 ATT)
  • Torch (extinguished): +1 ATT if used as weapon; 5% chance of setting an enemy on fire; 10% chance of breaking.
  • Vial of spider venom: Can be applied to weapons or added to potions.
  • Skull
  • Necklace (Set with 3 Sapphires) (+1 Hp)
  • Length of Rope
  • Wolfskin Cloak: +1 DEF. Very fine quality, provides protection against the cold.
  • Knock-Back Axe: +2 ATT. Chance to knock an enemy prone (must spend a move to stand back up).
  • Ring of Unquenchable Thirst: Cursed Item (cannot be removed). The wearer must drink every turn.
[tabs: William]

Stats:
HP: 5/5

Items:
  • Chainmail shirt: (+2 DEF)
  • LongSword (+2 ATT)(2-handed)
  • Withering Touch
  • Ring of Water Form (Allows you to turn your body (and belongings) into water for 3 turns. (cool-down is 15 turns))
  • Wizards Robe (+1 Def vs. Magic), currently full of Mystery Mushroom Spores
  • Wand of Slumber: Will temporarily send one creature to sleep. Contains 3 charges (and will recharge automagically on return to the GAL)
[tabs: Righteous]

Stats:
ATT: 4

Items:
  • Scorpion Blade: +2ATT, 25% chance to poison an enemy. 1H dagger.
  • Straight Razor (+1 Atk, 1H, 25% chance to cause Bleed(-1 Hp for 1 turn))
  • Battle Standard
  • 2-handed shield (+1 DEF)
  • Obsidian Ring (Set with 1 Black Pearl) (Magic Shield nullifies 1 Attack, ignore upon activation, 15 turn cool-down)
  • Cloak of Blood Banking - Can store 1HP in cloak. If wearer reaches 0HP, will restore you to 1HP
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)
  • 1 Length of rope
  • 1 Length of rope with a pirate hook on the end
[tabs: Drinks]

Stats:
ATT: 2

Items:
  • Simple Axe (+1 ATT) (1-handed)
  • Spear (+1 ATT) (2-handed)
  • Empty pouch: x3
  • Pouch of mushroom spores
[tabs: Forges]

Stats:
HP: 4/6

Items:
  • Preserved Human Ear Necklace
  • A sharp looking Man-purse (backpack)
  • 3 important looking letters
  • "My first wand" wand
  • Red Potion (increases Hp by 1 point permanently)
  • 3 books of Evil Badness
  • Mace (+2 ATT)(1-handed)
  • Leather Jerkin (+1 DEF)
[/tabs].