GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Completed, please move)

For all games that are now over.
Nerre
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Completed, please mo

Post by Nerre » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:21 pm

Remedy thanks Mantagar for everything he did for their group. She shakes the wristband as an example of said help and smiles. "See you soon at the headquarter. And don't forget to bring Costa and Bloodsong along."

Then she turns to the others. "Finally we are walking home again. This mission felt like years. Do you think we will see our customer again to get payment? "
:zzz:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:25 pm

"If you do... he will likely know the job wasn't completed... be careful, he may yet still act against your League if he finds out you fought against his men."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:25 pm

((nikohl, would you be interested in swapping the green snake corpse for my violet snake corpse? I'm thinking of using the cube to merge fangs with a dagger, but I'm not sure how a temporal displacement dagger would work, a poisoned dagger seems more sensible. I'm fine if you have plans for it though.))
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:38 pm

((If somebody wants the insanity one from me for his ranged weapon, just say it.

Synch: Do you want the dirk in case the cube merging with the electro-rapier works? Or do you want to upgrade both of your current daggers?))
:zzz:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:56 pm

((Thoughts were, if you want dirk then I am happy to have rapier and try and make my own poisoned dagger with cube. Then I have two decent weapons and you have the dirk also. I don't mind what out of rapier or dirk I have, because either way I should hopefully end up with two decent weapons so I'd rather you have preference given it will be your primary. Dirk and dagger is fine, rapier and dagger is fine. Rogues with rapiers still look cool!))
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:11 am

Does this look right to you guys?

In addition, you have 6gp from Mantagar, and Steals finds an additional 1gp in the pocket of his Lucky Pants.

.[tabs:Costa]
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]

► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]

► Show Spoiler
Green Prismatic Snake

[tabs: Steals]

► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Mines Flagons]

► Show Spoiler
[tabs:Mantagar]
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:08 pm

Yeah, pretty much.

Also I have no problem trading snakes - I just had All pick them up so they weren't left behind, she wasn't planning on particularly keeping any specific ones. If the green one is more suitable for Leaves' plans, he should take it.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:11 pm

Fair enough, I moved it then. The Dirk/Rapier thing still seemed up in the air, so they are just kind of there at the moment, I just wanted to get a semi-final thumbs up on this before I make changes to the Trapper Keeper.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:05 am

I'm fine with this, thanks. Or if Nerre wants to swap weapons that's cool. I think Nerre and I may play around with the cube before we decide what to do with our weapons (eg if snake fang + dagger works), but that can all be sorted in our own time at the Inn.

Thanks again, and thanks everyone. We got there in the end! :cheer:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:42 am

Inventory seems fine :)
I would actually like to have all the snakes that aren't used and combine them with a dagger I have back at the HQ, but only if you have no plans for them. (Maybe even combine the red one with my burning blade :P )
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:46 am

Ormila mentioned (or I meant to have her mention, if she did not), that the magic is contained just in the fangs of the snakes, so bodies are of no magical combo importance.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:13 pm

The de-fanged bodies could go to the mouse chef then, guys, if nobody wants any colourful but useless snake hide? He might be able to make another healing potion out of snakey corpses.

Edit with thoughts - don't know what everyone else already has in mind, but here are my preliminary musings anyway!

Red: fire
Orange: acid
Yellow: lightning
Green: poison
blue: paralysis
indigo: rage
violet: planeshift

Blue and Green might be nice on rogue-like weapons (I see Synch is plotting a poison dagger, which makes sense) - Orange would also be pretty neat for a stabby item, it might do HP damage and DEF damage.
Red could potentially buff Steals' Burning Blade to even-hotter, or Yellow could make it fire-and-zappy.
Indigo could potentially buff the Berzerker Axe, rather than making it rage-on-hit, it'd just improve the axe itself by sticking to the theme?
Violet might be interesting to try to combine with an already-useful defensive item to try for a "reflexively phase out to avoid damage" type effect... or, maybe, to buff Costa's Ghost Gloves which already have a similar theme as above?
Blue or any of the elemental damage-y ones might be rather nifty on Echo or Dreamer - but both weapons are quite nice already and I'd only use them if they were spare.

I'd be happy to have one of the sets of fangs if there are any left over to do some experimenting with, but I don't really mind which/if any - better to get the best out of what we've got really, and All is pretty well equipped now. I don't think it's the best idea to stick all the sets of fangs into the cube at once, which I think someone mentioned? I think the best use would come from making several items out of them, but that's just my opinion.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:57 pm

Minor clarification:

Indigo has an insanity effect, which was rolled on the following table:

01-10 Attack caster with melee or ranged weapons (or close with caster if attack is not possible).
11-20 Act normally.
21-50 Do nothing but babble incoherently.
51-70 Flee away from caster at top possible speed.
71-100 Attack nearest creature (for this purpose, a familiar counts as part of the subjectÔÇÖs self).

If I recall, in our case, it was in the 71-100 range, which resulting in the bit person turning on a party member? The cube is out of my hands, so I don't have any input on what Thinks rolls up out of that, and if the effect takes hold in the item you cubed, another GM may treat it differently, but just wanted to clarify that indigo is not rage specifically or exclusively.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:24 am

I was going to suggest if someone wants to try it, putting my original rat hide cloak in the cube with a violet fang to attempt to make a planeshifting cloak.
► Show Spoiler