PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by SamWiser » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:52 am

Phoenix walks down the caves, staying close to Alex.

Perception=7
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

The_Eternal_Spark
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Eternal_Spark » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:59 pm

Flying gal, Cheerful lass, Rocky guy, Icy guy, Fun guy, Goner kid

"if you can extract that info then maybe they can."

Code: Select all

But I did a bit more than just mind reading, didn't I? :)

Ha ha ha.
"So... in the past, you said you helped people with whatever they were making? I'm guessing you didn't show any preference to whatever sides there were - you probably just gave little boosts to whoever was close to a breakthrough? Just say if I'm wrong, yeah?"

That is quite correct, yes. :)
"Now the thing that I'm wondering is... well, these Godslayer guys have some pretty high-tech stuff. Robot suits, clones, some kinda machine that could control that Regifae thing, this drill machine they're trying to crack the fairy-box open with, the machine under that machine that can cancel out god-pokemon powers - and just now you said you won't let that machine affect you, like you've got a say in the matter."

I was already beginning to see where the kid was taking this conversation. It was a very good point to bring up - And was closely tied in with my interest for the godslayers. Although he believed my implication to be for the wrong reasons. He'd likely try to be as... "intuitive" as possible to see if I was lying or not. It was moot though- Because not only would it be impossible to derive such a thing from a screen... My kind never lies in the first place.

"Did you... help these guys out at all, to get where they are now?"

No.

And that is exactly why I am so interested in them.

But the most impressive thing is not only how they achieved all of this without my help.

But how they've done it without me even noticing.

That's...

Something I had though impossible.

In many years past now, I believe I have occasionally caught glimpses of their activities. Seeing things- One girl in particular I believe you've met- as if they flickered in and out of existence.

I dismissed most of these sightings as erroneous.

After all, surely it was impossible, right?

But in recent months they have been acting more and more... Rash.

They can no longer get what they need by staying in hiding.

And seeing all this... How they can hide this all from my sight.

I do not like it.

But from what I have observed... I believe all of this somehow leads back to Prometheus.

He is a constant. It is as he does not exist from my eyes. But his followers are not- While he seems able to extend this protection... It doesn't stick forever.

That is why I am hoping to learn more about him.

Because once I do, I might be able to see what they're up to, you know? :)

The thing with the machine I have seen at that base- I have analyzed it. I know WHAT it does. I simply get around that.

But to be completely honest...

While I've done everything I can to make this disguise as foolproof as possible.

These godslayers have already proven they can hide things from my sight.

So I cannot one hundred percent guarantee that they don't have an ace up their sleeve.

But I'm getting pretty close. :)
Of course, my actions following such a revelation were yet to be decided. I was not lying when I said their ability to hide from my sight was... Disconcerting. But even this "Prometheus" can't keep his secrets forever. And once I did find how he did it... I'd probably have a laugh about this obvious loophole I somehow must have missed, see everything he's done, and then find nothing that's worth intervening any further with.

And in the rare case I did... Well, it'd be business I'd probably settle quite quickly.

Doesn't mean I couldn't help the kids. Help even up the odds slightly. Even if I doubted their chances in the long run, I've seen history prove my calculations wrong in the past. And it'd surely keep things... Interesting.

Ha ha ha.

"I'm sorry, but as helpful as you've been. I must personally decline, though I'm not sure if that applies to the others as well. Though if you may humor me on one last question... Pokedex are designed to gather information on pokemon, so it is useless to point it at a human, unless said human is a disguised pokemon. Does that mean you believe that Promtheus is a pokemon?"

Ha ha ha. It's okay. :)

But truthfully, I only need ONE of you to really agree for me for all to gain from the benefit. :)

Although of course, I would like it more if more did agree. :D

As for Prometheus...

I do not know.

It is certainly not a possibility I have ruled out.

Although given his appearance, I would have linked him to be either a god or a pokemon capable of great illusions.

Currently, his profile fits neither. At least not any gods I have known. Or any pokemon that'd be able to keep up such an illusion.

But mostly, that scanner can do more than just scan only pokemon. :)

And once you got it locked in on him... I'll give it a significant boost. :)

I'll make sure that'll get me SOMETHING.
"Erm....honestly, I don't see why you guys are so against all this."

"I mean, we are going to go stop these Godslayer guys, right? Nobody's against that? So why not just....just take the help, when it's offered. I don't know about you, but I'd quite like having a disguise if we're going to be fighting the League or something. And for...other reasons. And it's not like we have to do anything really dangerous in exchange, either. Just....point our 'dex's at this Prometheus guy! Heck, it probably won't even do anything!"

That is the statement I was looking for. :)

You're right, you know. Even if you don't trust me- And honestly I can't blame you for that... :)

There's no reason to not take what is essentially a gift. ;)

Ha ha ha.

But my kind doesn't do "gifts"... So let's call it a favorable trade instead, shall we? ;)

Hmm... The disguise isn't really... "low key" though, is it? :)

Ha ha ha. Never has been my style. :)

But hey, maybe somewhere down the line you can find something I want, and we can work out another mutual favorable trade? ;)

Anyways... That's the deal settled! :)
And on that note, I summoned forth just the tiniest bit of myself- A handful of unown, eyes blue like electric, seemingly dancing in the air rather than the boring drift most kind have, spelling out the word "HIDE"- Attaching themselves to the book, assuming the Fun guy is willing to open it, at least. Ha ha ha.

Anyways... I believe that settles all, then, doesn't it? :)

So shall I leave you all to your own devices then? :)

And to meet the lovely diancie? ;)

Or has my sudden introduction prompted any more questions you have a burning desire for needing answered? :)
Funny guy, blind guy

The trainers almost run back through the caves, although given terrain and the fact only their torchlight illuminate the darker paths of the caves ahead, a "steady jog" would be a better fit... But ultimately, as they start making their daring escape, none of them notice anything before they reach the rope they'll have to climb up to get out again. Or the more accurate statement- Of those who did, they probably had no interest in engaging any more trouble.

And then of course, they start talking again...

"So... Can I get a proper explanation on what happened yet..?"
"Honestly, I think you should be giving us the explanation!"

"Does the name Hoopa ring a bell?"

"Hoopa..?"

"...I think my granddad mentioned that name once...? I'm not sure on what. It's a bit... Fuzzy for some reason."

"What about it..?"

The trainers would probably need to do some athletics and more sightseeing to proceed.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:15 pm

"I am sorry.

Does this mean you can scan me? Next time can you appear out of the dex, even of it is an illusion of a pokemon or person I think I would be more comfortable about the situation.

gwynn, what did you find?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:27 pm

Alex brings out Roy to help him up, speaking to Alexander once he reaches the top, "From what I understood, Hoopa is some sort of greed demon, incredibly powerful apparently, until he was sealed - by your family. Some sort of seal where part of his power was sealed in a bottle and part in your bloodline. Time passed, people forgot about him. And then he started whispering to you, as your Lady. Directed you here, where he could sense the sealing bottle. Which it turns out was the artifact the Bone Lord had found. You put up a decent fight, or maybe Hoopa did after you were knocked out, but that forced the Bone Lord to try using the bottle's power, which gave Hoopa enough energy to manifest physically. Long story short, we beat the hell out of him, something weird happened, and the castle collapsed into the chasm, taking Hoopa with it. But he's kinda ghosty, so I'm pretty sure he'll find a way out eventually."

Athletics: Alex = 1, Roy = 11
Perception: Alex = 1, Dusk = 17
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:01 pm

So even this techno-god-pokemon doesn't know all that much about the Godslayers, despite making all sorts of advancements. They did it all behind the Spark's back, somehow... so if it can't see what they're doing almost all the time, then yeah, this glimpse of their Hamachi research facility was definitely leaked on purpose.

"I mean, we are going to go stop these Godslayer guys, right? Nobody's against that? So why not just....just take the help, when it's offered. I don't know about you, but I'd quite like having a disguise if we're going to be fighting the League or something. And for...other reasons. And it's not like we have to do anything really dangerous in exchange, either. Just....point our 'dex's at this Prometheus guy! Heck, it probably won't even do anything!"

"Yeah, I know, I'm just being careful. I mean this is the first god-pokemon I've ever talked to, and it's not really what I was expecting, and Luna was really weirded out by it, and we start getting offered these suit things, and... I dunno."
"But yeah, this is kinda too good to pass up - being able to go totally incognito against these guys? So I'm in, too."

It seems as though their business is about wrapped up as the Spark asks if there's any last questions the trainers had in mind, and Koa speaks up once more.

"I have to ask... do you think these Godslayer guys know about you? Because, well, their stance is pretty clear, they wanna kill all the god-pokemon. And if they knew about you then... they probably would have a plan for you, don't you think? Since they're so tech-y, you'd probably be one of their biggest priorities, yeah?"
"What's kinda worrying me now is that they do have some kinda plan for you. 'Cause if they do... I just have to wonder how tough these guys are."

"...I think you should be careful, yeah?"

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:35 pm

"But yeah, this is kinda too good to pass up - being able to go totally incognito against these guys? So I'm in, too."

Bjorn raises his hand. "Yup, me too. We're this deeply involved now, we may as well do something positive."
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:25 pm

Phoenix lets Alex do the explaining, while he fails to climb the rope.

Athletics=4
Perception=6

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:54 pm

"Yeah I'm in as well.

Drake opens the book for the eternal spark to fill out a new page with unowns.
The eternal spark wrote:

Anyways... I believe that settles all, then, doesn't it? :)

So shall I leave you all to your own devices then? :)

And to meet the lovely diancie? ;)

Or has my sudden introduction prompted any more questions you have a burning desire for needing answered? :)
"I do have a couple of questions, but not for you. It was nice kinda meeting you."

Drake then turns towards the temple being.

"You mentioned something about changing the teleportation spell. Exactly how much longer would the return time be or how many more people would it be able to transport?"
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:35 pm

"I think I'm good. Thanks for the spell, Mr Spark!"

After the meeting with the Spark finishes up, Izzy turns to Luna.

"So, Okeer now? Or do you want to do something else first?"

"Oh, also, I've been meaning to ask.....this temple deals with Fairy magic, right? And I guess Okeer's is Ghost? So....does that mean there's a temple for every type? Like, saaaay....Flying......?"

The_Eternal_Spark
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Eternal_Spark » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:05 pm

Flying gal, Cheerful lass, Rocky guy, Icy guy, Fun guy, Goner kid

"I am sorry."

Ha ha ha.

I was never really angry. :)

Kind of hard to do! ;)

But apology accepted none the less. :)
"Does this mean you can scan me? Next time can you appear out of the dex, even of it is an illusion of a pokemon or person I think I would be more comfortable about the situation."

Hmm... I could, yes. :)

But I'm not sure I'd want to. ;)
"Yeah, I know, I'm just being careful. I mean this is the first god-pokemon I've ever talked to, and it's not really what I was expecting, and Luna was really weirded out by it, and we start getting offered these suit things, and... I dunno."

"I mean... This... Spark definitely acts different than what I remember it. Or any of it's kind for that matter..."

"...But they don't lie from what I know. So unless these... Changes means that this one can... I don't see why you wouldn't take it."

"Yup, me too. We're this deeply involved now, we may as well do something positive."

"Yeah I'm in as well."

Great! :D

And I only need one of you to do the scan thing too- Should that day ever come. ;)

And ha ha ha, don't worry. :)

Why would I even need to lie, when I can put enough truth on the table for both of us to win? :)
Following this, I started processing answers the kids might have... Although only one really had something to say. Something quite... Hilarious.

"I have to ask... do you think these Godslayer guys know about you?"

I would hazard to guess "yes". :)
"Because, well, their stance is pretty clear, they wanna kill all the god-pokemon. And if they knew about you then... they probably would have a plan for you, don't you think? Since they're so tech-y, you'd probably be one of their biggest priorities, yeah?"

Ha ha ha. Well, I'm not sure if I'd lob myself in the same boat as the gods. :)

I'm a far different beast compared to them. ;)

But I see what you might be trying to say, yes. :)

"What's kinda worrying me now is that they do have some kinda plan for you. 'Cause if they do... I just have to wonder how tough these guys are."

"...I think you should be careful, yeah?"

It's at this point I can't help but laugh at this ridiculous notion. I show it too- The screens filling up with "HA HA HA" endlessly, scrolling down- I even briefly consider adding in a little laugh to freak the trainers out a bit and see their reaction... But I decided that's probably a bad idea after somewhat gaining their trust, just in case I did end up finding their help could be useful in the future... Instead the screen quickly cutting back to empty as I give a proper reply.

That's hilarious. :)

Don't worry kid. :)

If they'd try something as silly as that... :)

You soon wouldn't need worry about them anymore.

Ha ha ha.

Anyways. I guess that'll be all. :)

See ya! :)

I'll be watching. ;)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:05 pm

Izzy, Irene, Koa, Bjorn, Drake, James

The conversation finished, the hive mind up above seems to be done playing passive and simply observing once again- Preparing to speak once more, as it apparently senses one of the trainer's intents instead- And allows him to speak up about it instead.

"You mentioned something about changing the teleportation spell. Exactly how much longer would the return time be or how many more people would it be able to transport?"
Temple Heart wrote:yes

as you now seem committed to this cause

i am willing to share all resources i can offer with you

the spell is but one of these

all facilities of this temple are at your disposal

and given input i can even change these

but to answer your question

i can modidy the reditum spell to teleport everyone in a two meter radius around the caster

or make the return spell have a return time of up to twelve hours

this is of course only one of the options

i may also modify the ira spell

or potentially add a new spell altogether

provided you have any ideas i may be able to help with

with this out the way

i believe i must bring attention back to this league you have mentioned
"Yes... You said something about how if the league found this place, they'd empty it..? We can't allow that."

"Well... I could potentially try and do in a good word... But... Do they even know of the temple? At least, these halls. You mentioned the little entrance up there, but they don't know this right? So... What if we happen to... Forget to mention it?"
i will close the entrance for anyone i do not consider friendly
"Yeah... I'm guessing that'll work... Right?"

"gwynn, what did you find?"

"Hmm? Oh! You mean the items I was inspecting, dear? I believe I figured out what most of them do."
i can inform you to their function if you do not
"...Or that! Anyways, we can go over and inspect them if you want..?"

"We have more than just those few spare weapons laying around you know. Storeroom should still have plenty of valuables- Assuming you'd either want to put them to use or... Need to trade them for coin." Luna says a bit dejectedly- Clearly not in support of the idea, but seeming to acknowledge the fact it could be a great boon for the trainers as well, if it's something they'd choose to do...

"So, Okeer now? Or do you want to do something else first?"

"Yeah... Unless any of you need my help for something, I'm gonna do that now while we wait for Diancie." Luna says- Looking up to see if anyone else needed her aid for something first.

"Oh, also, I've been meaning to ask.....this temple deals with Fairy magic, right? And I guess Okeer's is Ghost? So....does that mean there's a temple for every type? Like, saaaay....Flying......?"

"Well..." Luna says, briefly hesitating as if not sure if it's something she should be saying- Before seemingly coming to the same conclusion she had done earlier that day, namely "fuck it".

"Yeah, there is. The great spire- Tallest monument that was ever built. Well... I can't be sure if that still stands. And neither would I know where it is now." she says- Giving a mildly apologetic shrug at what she believed to be a rather disappointing answer.
► Show Spoiler
Alex, Phoenix

"From what I understood, Hoopa is some sort of greed demon, incredibly powerful apparently, until he was sealed - by your family. Some sort of seal where part of his power was sealed in a bottle and part in your bloodline. Time passed, people forgot about him. And then he started whispering to you, as your Lady. Directed you here, where he could sense the sealing bottle. Which it turns out was the artifact the Bone Lord had found. You put up a decent fight, or maybe Hoopa did after you were knocked out, but that forced the Bone Lord to try using the bottle's power, which gave Hoopa enough energy to manifest physically. Long story short, we beat the hell out of him, something weird happened, and the castle collapsed into the chasm, taking Hoopa with it. But he's kinda ghosty, so I'm pretty sure he'll find a way out eventually."

"...What? That's... You guys are just yanking my tail because I got knocked out, is that it?" Alexander speaks up, seeming to come to the slow realization that's not quite what happened.

"I... No, Hoopa rung a bell, so you can't... But my lady was real! You can speak to her as well! All you need to do is draw her symbol before you go to sleep and... Draw a symbol which I haven't done in years."

"I mean, I'd say you're sounding crazy, but we literally just vanquished a demon that was inside you."

"...I don't know what to believe anymore. It was all a stupid idea anyways. Granddad didn't want me to do any of this shit- It was always boring we're a line of knights but we can't act on it bullshit. Like there was more importance on keeping the line going than it was on the actual importance behind it."

"I mean, if it's because that demon you were carrying around would escape if you died, I could see the point..."

"Hmm..."

"And now it's supposedly free anyways..."

"But guess we can't do any more about that anyways, since we got neither ghost or bottle..."
Alexander says- Blissfully unaware of Phoenix having stashed the item away.

"... I can show you how to draw the symbol later if you want. You could try it yourself if you want to. Even if just to verify I haven't gone completely crazy..."

"But let's just get out for now..."

On that note, the trainers are not met with great success scaling the relatively should be non-challenging wall... Phoenix managing to climb up, but with great difficulty- Suffering some minor rope burn on his hands, taking 2 HP damage on his way up... As Alex is about to do something far more catastrophic- Only getting a few meters up the rope before his arms start to fail, and his mind is having inadvertent flashbacks to what happened before- Roy the only thing which stops him from falling back down at full force, as the landing still causes him to take 6HP damage- Almost enough to knock him straight out again.

"Okay, can we have a mandate to never have Alex climb ropes again..?"

"Maybe we can secure him to the rope and have him lifted up..?"

"...Hold on, I just had an idea." Alice speaks up from below, having the trainers clear some room before releasing Grannonia, the massive rock space taking up most of the width in the crevice... As she simply instruct the snake to lower it's head for Alex to climb on- And then raise her head towards the exit.

"...Why didn't we think of that before?"

With the new method of easy "climbing", the trainers quickly one by one manage to get up the ridge, and ready to head back to the outside... Although it is then Dusk attempts to get it's trainer's attention- Trying to point his attention to something it has spotted in the crevice below them, although Alex doesn't notice anything in the darkness himself... Not without some help trying to light it and risk angering whatever it might be- Assuming it is something- Or going back down...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:31 pm

"Please don't scan me."

James looks at the temple "how far away can it teleport us, and what is the current cool down?

yes please, knowing what we have will benefit us. What about the books in the library?"
after asking James gets the two black apricorns and gives them to drake. He then hesitantly gives him the shield. "I plan on studing down here in the upcoming future, and you guys will need it more. I want you to give it to Alex, he has a habit of becoming plant food and hopefully this will help prevent that." he goes into the library to learn about spells.

If the eevee egg hatches at this time, James will use one of the spells he learned to make it a normal/fairy pokemon.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:54 pm

Alex peers warily in the direction Dusk is indicating, "She hasn't let me down yet. Every time she's tried to get my attention it's been something of interest or danger that would be best to be aware of. And if something is following us... Any objections to me shining a flashlight down there? Those mouthy pokemon probably can't swarm us here, right?"
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:13 pm

"Hmm..."

"And now it's supposedly free anyways..."

"But guess we can't do any more about that anyways, since we got neither ghost or bottle..."
Alexander says- Blissfully unaware of Phoenix having stashed the item away.

"... I can show you how to draw the symbol later if you want. You could try it yourself if you want to. Even if just to verify I haven't gone completely crazy..."

"But let's just get out for now..."

I'll take you up on that. Phoenix decides to not tell him about the bottle. He'd probably want to take it, and since he was naive enough to get possessed by a demon for his whole life, then maybe he isn't the best person to take it. Not that Phoenix was much better, but oh well.

"She hasn't let me down yet. Every time she's tried to get my attention it's been something of interest or danger that would be best to be aware of. And if something is following us... Any objections to me shining a flashlight down there? Those mouthy pokemon probably can't swarm us here, right?"

Go for it! I'd offer you my flashlight, but... It's not that bright.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Koa lets out a puff of air as the Spark takes his 'leave'.
"Pffooo, he's kinda full of himself, yeah? He doesn't even know what they've been doing this whole time and what kinda plans they got, and he still thinks they're no big deal." He shakes his head. "I mean you gotta assume these Godslayer guys have done their homework and have a way to hit all the god-pokemon. Else they'd still be in hiding and thinking of stuff."

Koa looks up at the 'Temple' Unown entity. "Hey, uh, that one guy you showed threw something in the water. Can you show that again? I wanna see if I can go find it."
"...Actually, can you show the whole battle again? That's probably not the only thing that got dropped in the water, with all that fighting."

If the Temple obliges, Koa will pay close attention to anything the Godslayers may have lost in the underground lake. They didn't do much to cover their tracks in the first place, and they probably did even less to retrieve anything from the lake waters.

After getting a good idea of what to look for and where to look for it, Koa will go back up and attempt to salvage any lost Godslayer equipment. He's pretty good at swimming and holding his breath (Swimmer edge), so with that, his snorkel and goggles, Sula (who he hugs and reassures that everything's alright now) and his waterproof flashlight to provide light, and his shovel for good measure, Koa feels confident he'll find what he's looking for.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:35 am

Bjorn shows the others the letter he found on the corpse of the Auler (if any still haven't seen it), and calls out to Koa as he leaves, "I'm pretty good in the water too, yell out if you need another pair of hands."
He checks the armory to see if there's any interesting armor or weaponry worth equipping, asking Gwynn about some of the more unusual pieces.
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:25 am

"Hmm...that's alright, thanks anyway. Let me know if you need anything else!"

As everyone disperses, Izzy makes her way to the Pokecenter and - after checking with Luna and the temple that it's definitely safe - puts Fern and Maku into the healing machine to recover from their wounds. She then makes her way to the library and starts searching for any books on magic (particularly Flying or music focused), stories about people with Flying abilities, and any info on this "great spire" Luna mentioned. If she gets stuck at any point she asks the temple for help, since it probably has a pretty good idea what books are inside it's walls.
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:26 am

"I have nothing against the Spark, I'm just not interested in this particular spell at the moment. I don't trust you, but I don't distrust you either."
You know, I think we should leave most of the stuff in the store room alone, unless it's an emergency. This place is our history that has been forgotten, and personally I'd like to keep the history here. I would like to see what's there though in case there is something that could help us right now.
Irene will browse the store room for a while, and then follow through to the library and pick random books to skim till Diancie arrives.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:09 pm

"So guys what do you think about the teleportation spell? I think this temple could function as a secret stockpile for us, if the temple and Luna won't mind us using it like that.. For that reason I think it might be better to increase the time one person can be here rather than have all of us go here for 30 minutes, franticly grabbing and depositing things here...

I'm lazy so I just copied the previous post for what I would like to do

I'm fine with fast forwarding. Drake would like to ask if the one sigilyph he talked to a couple of times would like to join him (and forever escape toilet cleaning duty) followed by having Drake go dowsing for gems twice in the meantime (if the sigilyph doesn't want to join, Ghos could evolve because I'm a horrible meta gamer that wants that one xp I need for a level up and the ability to add 3d6 more to my dowsing rolls :roll:
I do expect a huge charm bonus in case the rumor of the room functioning as a toilet have circulated between the pokemon.. :P

Poke edu (charm): 4D6 = [1, 1, 6, 6]+1 = 15 AP BOOSTED
If I get the sigilyph or one of my pokemon evolves (the chingling because it's close enough to night or Ghos because it have to happen sometimes) I'll have 2*9d6 to roll for shards (4d6 for occult edu 1d6 for skill stunt 1d6 for rocky area and 3d6 for the artificer feature I can't remember right now but I'm getting at level up)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:47 pm

Izzy, Irene, Koa, Bjorn, Drake, James

"Pffooo, he's kinda full of himself, yeah? He doesn't even know what they've been doing this whole time and what kinda plans they got, and he still thinks they're no big deal. I mean you gotta assume these Godslayer guys have done their homework and have a way to hit all the god-pokemon. Else they'd still be in hiding and thinking of stuff."
the watchers are not considered gods

not by old standards at least

we are unaware of the godslayers opinion

none the less

only one creature has ever shown the power to kill one of his kind

and it too was a watcher

it in fact killed ninety nine percent of all watchers

but failed to kill the spark

never the less

it has reluctance to bring it up

states it has left a clear impression

given this is however likely the reason he is not afraid
"how far away can it teleport us, and what is the current cool down?"
Temple Heart wrote:edge of the observable universe

one week
"yes please, knowing what we have will benefit us. What about the books in the library?"

"Lots of subjects in those, if you can read them... I might be able to help you with that, later."

Following this, James enters the armoury with Gwynn and Bjorn, inspecting the tools Gwynn had inspected earlier there- Although it is not the eevee egg that hatches at this time. Instead, the wriggling seems to come from his own backpack- A certain egg shaking heavily as the shell begins to crack...
► Show Spoiler
Before any of that happens though, Gwynn shows what she managed to uncover- First pointing out there is a regular suit of armor on one of the stands, as well as a few ordinary weapons- Such as a sword and spear. Although the trainers interest was likely on the items that contained actual magic...

Fairy blade: fine arcane small melee weapon. Grants the move play rough. Once a scene, can inflict a struck opponent with one of the manipulate maneuvers with no check.
Fairy's wand of tricks: fine arcane long ranged weapon. grants the moves aromatic mist, baby-doll eyes, and flower shield.
Lightwalker boots: Boots slot. Grant +1 to high and far jump, and +2 to movement capability.
Focusing bracer: accessory item. Grants +2 to all save checks.

Izzy and Irene meanwhile, decide to go check out the library- The latter first taking a trip by the storeroom to check it out, finding it containing mostly raw materials for use in the forge... But also a few precious metals, a small bar of gold and silver for use, as well as some precious gems... Before turning to the library to read the books with Izzy. Irene mostly reading what seems interesting, as Izzy tries a more directed approach, getting some guidance from the sigilyph and the temple to find books that seem interesting...

The first one seems to be a "guide on magic" of some sorts... Although it's not super descriptive- Most of the books seeming to consist out of "exercises" and simple instructions on how to wield arcane tools...

And the second one is a bit more informative rather than anything else... A book concerning all those temples! With some crude drawings as well... It's got the spire, this temple, the church... And a whole lot of others as well. Probably worth a thorough read... Later.

On magic weapons
Description: A book detailing the use of magic weapons
Rank 1 Adept occult edu: Grants the user the arcane training feature of their relevant elemental connection or mystic sense. If the user has no elemental connection, the user's attack deal normal damage with no bonus damage. If the user already has the arcane training feature, roll +1 AC on all arcane attacks.
Rank 2 Expert occult edu: Add +5 damage to all arcane attacks made

The builders greatest works

Drake meanwhile moves to one of the sigilyph, requesting one of them to join him... One of them- One which seems to have seen unending horrors, is more than willing to join him... And sensing his intent, the temple gives permission if it meant "aiding the trainer"- As not much later the sigilyph is captured!

Drake has captured a lvl 20 bold female sigilyph with wonder skin and tinted lens!

And afterwards, he finally whips out that dowsing rod he managed to buy- Searching the nearby area for shards, and likely making a decent haul...
► Show Spoiler
Koa finally asks the temple to repeat the vision it had shown them earlier- Doing so a few ideas to get an idea of anything that might have been lost- Primarly the device, and also one of the boats that was sunk...

Not much later, he's out swimming with Sula- And with his gear and affinity- Rather ironic when one would think he'd be sinking like a rock- Manages to scout out the water below and eventually find... What he believes to be everything. Firstly checking the wreck of the boat- Finding most of it in ruin, although among it lies one of the guns the godslayers used... Not sure if he wants it- Especially since it might not even work anymore after having spent so long underwater... But he hauls it up anyways.

And secondly, whatever that guy had thrown in the water... Which takes significantly longer to find- But eventually he succeeds, managing to pull out what seems to be a plastic device, with a metal screen and wires... Wait, holy shit, is this a fucking bomb?!

Timed explosive: set it and run.
Full-Automatic machine gun

Swimming up with these two revelations which... Honestly, he's not sure what to make of them, his attention is suddenly grabbed by Sula as he brings his attention towards the surface- As he quickly swims up to the surface, looking up... As someone else looked down at him.

The woman was floating several meters above the water. She looked... Surprisingly ordinary- The thing that would stand out most the pink hair flowing down to around chest height, as the none the less pretty woman otherwise carried a modest pink skirt and accompanying dress. She does carry a few pretty pieces of jewelry, around her wrist and neck. Looking down at Koa with an warm, if somewhat uncertain and nervous smile- Speaking up in a familiar voice.

"Erm... Hello there! You're one of the trainers, right..?"

Alex, Phoenix

"She hasn't let me down yet. Every time she's tried to get my attention it's been something of interest or danger that would be best to be aware of. And if something is following us... Any objections to me shining a flashlight down there? Those mouthy pokemon probably can't swarm us here, right?"

"Go for it! I'd offer you my flashlight, but... It's not that bright."

"Think something is down there? Well, go for it!"

"Just don't get too close to the edge while you do it..."

Tempting his luck once again, Alex moves just the tiniest bit closer to the edge in order to shine his torchlight down there- Illuminating four pokemon below- Seemingly having been looking towards Grannonia somewhat contemplatively, mostly hesitantly, as they suddenly become startled by the light- And the green pokemon with red bellies start to make a getaway.

"Ooh... Those are larvitar! I'd actually really like one of those..."

"Well, I'm jumping down and trying to catch one- Anyone wanna join me?"

"I think I speak for the rest of us that most just wanna head out..."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:04 pm

"it's hatching!"

james looks excited and pulls out the ralts egg, making sure it's safe and has room to hatch. he carefully puts it down on his bag. He carefully helps the baby out of the shell, removing already broken shell away from it. After it hatches, James lovingly hugs and kisses it.

"You are so precious!" He carefully carries the baby in his arms like it was a human child, looking for Koa so he can make baby food.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:16 pm

"I'm pretty sure if I jumped down I would crack my head open. Don't go off on your own, though, this place is still pretty dangerous."
My game:

My characters:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:47 pm

I'll go down with you. They look cool!

Phoenix climbs down with whatshisname, and releases Cris.
► Show Spoiler

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:58 am

"Erm... Hello there! You're one of the trainers, right..?"

Koa slides his goggles up his face to get a clear look at her.
"Hey, yeah, I'm Koa! And you must be our guest of honor?" Koa gives a welcoming smile up at Diancie. "The rest of us are down in the temple. I was just seeing what those Godslayer guys left behind - you know about them, yeah, the guys who did that?" He says, pointing at the mess around the island. "They didn't do much to clean up after themselves."
"But hey, let's go meet everyone. Luna's with us, too!"

With that Koa turns around and swims back to shore with his findings in hand. He was already considering getting the gun looked at by an expert, maybe at the police station? He's not sure if he can legally carry the thing, not without getting some kind-of license first. The explosives he'd definitely have to keep somewhere. Who knows when those will become useful?

Once he reaches shore, he does his best to start wringing his clothes out. He'd get Maguma to help dry them later.
"We'll have to fill you in on everything we talked about with that Spark guy. Like, I dunno if you saw it, but those Godslayers are trying to break into the Fairy-box they stole from this place. He said that it was a trap to draw god-pokemon in, 'cause normally you can't see anything that they're doing, not even the Spark guy can. But they made sure you guys could see that, 'cause they're doing it on purpose."

As Koa escorts Diancie down and fills her in on what she's been missing, Koa gets a strange sense of... familiarity from the disguised Diancie. And while Diancie's probably much more accustomed to this kind of feeling from her priestesses and other Fairy-attuned supporters, the feeling she gets in return from Koa is different, somehow. It seemed much more down-to-earth.

Koa gives her an odd look, completely not expecting to get this kind-of feeling from the Fairy goddess.
"Err... are you...?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:51 pm

Drake gather the gems and are delighted with the results he sits down watching Koa swim as he considers what to do with the shards. He uses his 4 violet shards to create a dusk stone. If he have enough time, he'll also make a fairy brace in preparation of going up against Eliza. Any other spare time he spends tending to his egg.

Upon seeing that Koa is getting up and there is a floating stranger, he joins up with them on their way back to the temple, only briefly introducing himself before he happily let's Koa take the lead with the talking.

"Hi, I'm Drake yet another trainer."
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked