Text messaging?

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Text messaging?

Post by redfeather » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:49 am

I have a smartphone for the first time in my life. It has a stupidly tiny amount of data, a large but still finite number of talk minutes, and infinite text messages. How can I employ texting as a source of entertainment for whiling away my spare minutes? Is there something loosely equivalent to ChatRoulette where I can go connect with random equally-bored people and pass my time in an amusing fashion? Are there any text-based games or something? I'm open to *any* suggestion on this topic because I really have no fucking clue how this works.

Sleaw
Moderates Controversy!

Re: Text messaging?

Post by Sleaw » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:37 am

(I moved this to Community cause I didn't think it was much of a Controversy thing! Let me know if it should be somewhere else, though.)

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:52 pm

Sleaw wrote:(I moved this to Community cause I didn't think it was much of a Controversy thing! Let me know if it should be somewhere else, though.)
Yeah, it doesn't really matter too much to me where this goes. The Hidden forum might be ideal, except I can't get into it yet.

crow76308
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by crow76308 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:16 pm

I have no clue where you're posting from, or your financial situation, but there are better options, at least most places. I just upgraded by buying a refurbished phone, which are just as good as brand new, and got a Galaxy S6 for a hundred bucks plus tax, and am on an unlimited plan for fifty a month (plus tax, of course, Uncle Sam and Texas have to get their pieces of the pie). Unlimited talk, data, text, everything. Look into Sprint prepay, Boost, and other prepay carriers, and most of them have unlimited plans for fifty to sixty a month.
Possum explicare vobis, sed Ego aliter comprehendere non illam tibi.

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:24 am

Well the phone is gone, so it no longer matters. I never did come up with anything interesting to do with that feature, apart from a couple amusing conversations with telemarketers or something who messaged me out of the blue.