PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by SamWiser » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:45 pm

Phoenix

"Wait, so this goddess is parading around as some gym leader's singer/assistant? It seems like she's kinda... slumming it. Do you have any other ideas about who she is?"

"I am guessing she is Meloetta."

"Song and dance have always been her thing as a tutor. To be found at a club like this is... Something of low ambitions, but not impossible."

"Also, it appears she's not as much an assistant as much as they are dating."

Ah. Well, I guess dating a regular human could still be seen as slumming it for goddess, but they seem to fit. That must be an... interesting relationship.
Phoenix continues watching and dancing, until he finds somebody new to talk with.

"Hey, you just won a badge- You got no pokemon that'd like to stretch their legs?"

Well, most of them are kinda tired. My only nocturnal one just took out like 4 pokemon by herself. But I think I do have one pokemon who would enjoy being out. Phoenix quickly releases Andy, who jumps out of his ball, takes a quick tour of the rafters of the club, before settling down to dance with her Roserade, spinning her around with his tail.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:10 am

~Earlier~

Stretching in the morning light, Izzy tries to ignore the uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach. That had been...unpleasant. What should've been a good night's rest had somehow left her feeling worse than she had the night before. In comparison, Kay and Fern are looking much better. They still have a couple of aches and pains from the Ultra battle, but they're surprisingly well rested anyway. Maybe something to do with their natural affinity for dark, spooky caves....

After chowing down on Koa's Hearty Breakfast, Izzy does some morning stretches, trying to distract herself from thoughts of creepy eyes and ominous drums. She spends extra time with Kay, helping her stretch the kinks out of her battered wings - culminating in a friendly race around the cavern between Kay and Zeke. Kay still wins, naturally, but Zeke doesn't seem to mind....not too much, at least :roll:

Kay and Zeke both earn 12xp each from Training.

It isn't until afterwards, as Kay and Zeke show off, that Izzy notices Maku. The huge sumo is sitting off on his own, at the foot of the stone tree. Something about the way he's sitting draws her eyes. It seems almost....contemplative?

"Hey...you okay?"

Walking up behind him, she touches him on his shoulder, without response. Peering round, she sees his eyes are closed. As if....meditating? Pausing, she considers whether she should really disturb him - but before she can decide, it happens. It feels like an electric shock - like static, when you touch something metal - only much, much stronger. And...stranger. She can practically feel something jump out of her, racing down her hand and into Maku's massive shoulder. Gasping, she stumbles backwards, only barely catching herself from falling over. Maku barely seems to notice, lost deep in his meditation....

Then she notices that he's floating an inch off the ground.

Type Sync: Flying - Maku
► Show Spoiler
~Now~

As they travel back down the mountain, Izzy again riding on Kay's back, she pulls out her 'dex and addresses Sparky.

"Hey....do you think you could let the other guys know about the Mega Fissure? You know, Alex and Bjorn and them? I'd send them a message, but....I figure it's safer if the League don't know about it. You know, in case they....intercept the message? Or something? I guess...."

Blushing slightly at her paranoia, she tries to hide her embarrassment by focusing on their surroundings, using her elevated position to her advantage.

Izzy Perception: 21
Kay Athletics: 11
Kay Perception: 12
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:36 am

Bringing her phone to her ear Irene calls Diance "Hi it's Irene, is it a good time to talk? You might want to be alone for what I'm about to say..." Irene will then to provide a sumary of the tree, and Giritina's alternate world, and how both Colress and Prometheus came from said realm. "I know it's a lot to take in, but now we should find Arceus because he is the only one who really knows that tree does, unless you know someone else who might? I know it's been a day, but how are things going in the city? " Oddly enough dispite being distracted on the phone Irene's eyes are darting everywhere catching every detail she can make out paranoid about someone listening in.

Irene perception [2d6] = 12
Ochrana perception [4d6] = 13

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:18 am

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

While Haley is waiting for the decontamination chamber to cycle back to her so she can go through, the others already start investigating the place- Alex, after determining he's not going to be able to get into Nixon's room without a keycard of some description, heading into the kitchen... The room itself looking like a cozy multi-purpose room. Sure, there was a kitchen, with the basic utensils one could require, such as a stove, microwave, oven... But it also seemed to serve as a small "dining hall", and judging by the tv and some stowed away board games- The chess and backgammon boards seeming especially used- also as a form of minor entertainment...

There is a more heavy door off to the far side of the room, near all the cooking equipment, as his intuition tells him it's likely some kind of walk in freezer- It's got one of those wheels to secure the door when it's not opened... He leaves checking deeper for now, though, instead inspecting just the kitchen for anything of potential use: he does pick off a rather hefty looking rolling pin from one of the counters, which... Is looking like it'd actually take a rather hefty punch.

Steel rolling pin
Simple melee weapon
+2 DB against ice and rock types
Grants the Bash! move.

Further inspection on first glance doesn't find him anything else of use... Although his eye does eventually fall to another one of these "doodles" that were previously found- Holding another caricature of Nixon holding a pie, the statement "Every day is pie day" brightly exclaimed... With two statements drawn underneath it in different markers:

"Goser has been banned from pie day."

"I'M SORRY"

Bjorn meanwhile is checking out the storage room... Finding it overal rather dull, shelves lined with goods to either side as they store mostly a variety of mundane goods, most not interesting enough to try and haul back... Unless he's interested in a life time supply of shampoo. From bottles that must certainly be at least twenty years old... And nothing he notices that'd help in their pursuit of answering this riddle that's going on...

He does find a couple items that seem interesting enough to take, though, albeit them being in sparse quantity, sadly... One of them is some kind of... Fermented berry juice? The way it's produced, it looks like it's still fine to eat, albeit with a strong smell... There's two bottles of it still, labeled as "shuckle berry juice". He also finds two bandages that haven't been contaminated by the tooth of time in some way.

There are some other medical supplies here too, still- Some revives, potions, status restores, and some herbs too... Except he's not sure which of them would still be good for use, and which ones are more likely to do more harm than good with how old they must be.

Before he can consider perhaps having someone else check out the medicine, though, he's distracted by rustling sounds coming from somewhere... Behind one of the shelves further down..?

Meanwhile Haley finally gets through the cycling chamber herself, looking over to the keycard reader as she tries to figure it out... She manages to figure out that, in theory, she could easily overload the system and force the door open in the process- But when doing that it'll be doing some kind of "control check"... And anything else but the keycard is likely going to trigger... Something. Most likely an alarm- Potentially something else... Her experiment with having Willow try and phase through both rooms is met with success, though- As it seems to float through both walls with no issue, and judging by it's expressions, it's not looking like there is anything dangerous or especially notable in either room... To the pokemon, at least.

Koa, (Drake), Izzy, Irene

Just moments earlier, during their morning stretches as Kay and Zeke raced and other assorted pokemon likely went through similar regiments, Izzy noted that something seemed... Off? About Maku... The pokemon looking rather contemplative and "serene" for a fighting type- As Izzy cautiously moves over to check on him, she feels an almost instinctual, yet odd "pull"- There is the briefest moment in which her body feels to weaken, and she gets the sensation of sinking away in the ground as if she had lost her "wings"... After just a couple seconds, though, the worst of the sudden "diziness" fades, as a couple seconds later she feels like... Almost nothing happened. She was left with the oddest sensation she could not place- As if she had permanently lost something... Albeit something that she did not need, and she wasn't even really "missing"... It truly is a shame the party had no way to distinguish auras just yet- They'd have been able to tell that the girl's "wings" had a single feather plucked from them, and granted to someone else...

As she notes the results of that soon enough: as Maku is hovering several inches above the ground. Little clouds lifting up the "buddha" pokemon...

Later, the party is on the road again... Spending a lot of the time travelling talking and scraping the Spark for information, who is quite literally an infinite barrel of exposition...

"Well... are they doing anything about it, the people who saw? Is it too late to... I dunno, mess with our pokeballs so they send back a different signal? Like maybe you could change mine so it looks like a shiny-white Tentacruel in their computers, something that might've reported back wrong at first. I dunno, maybe they'd buy that?"

Code: Select all

Trust me, it's already taken care off. :)

Saying much more than that would be spoiling the surprise! ;)
"Who are the two groups looking into what the Overseer's doing? Are they gonna be a problem?"

Hmm... Depends on your definition of a "problem". ;)

Although if we stick to "Likelihood they will take an action involving us, and we will find this action detrimental" I'd be guessing... Most likely not. :)
"Yeah... if Colress came through before the Overseer, it doesn't make a lot of sense for it to be the one doing all this."

"...I've been thinking about it and... well, what if it was you that pulled Colress and Prometheus through? I mean, not you, but a different you? What if there are two Sparks?"

"Gaia said a Spark first showed up in their world 42 years ago, yeah? Around the time Giratina came through into our world to break the Red Chain? And around the time you grabbed your piece of it. Well... you might've guessed that taking a piece of the Chain would do what it did and start limiting what you can do, yeah? So you make a copy of yourself, without the copy knowing about it, so that your copy can take the piece instead. Then the original you sneaks in through Giratina's portal, 'cause you know you can hide there without anyone knowing about it, not even your copy."

"It might be a bit of a stretch, but... what if there's a Spark out there that's been helping Colress, and now it's helping Prometheus? They've got all this crazy tech, and yesterday Pandora called you by name when she saw us. She said 'what do you want, Spark?' like she wasn't even surprised. Have you ever met her before? She said you use robots that look like our suits, but I thought you just use agents like us?"

It's a cute little theory, but impossible. :)

Our kind can not just... "split" as you're describing. :)

Or the situation would be most illogical for it to occur, at the very least. :)

...I suppose that for completeness sake, I can tell that there is ONE way that one of our kind can "split" as you're describing. :)

But it is not something in our actual control. :)

Basically, to give an example... Imagine there is one of my kind who is all about dancing and singing, right? :)

Now, imagine that, somewhere along the line, humans suddenly decide: "These two things don't belong together!" :o

"They are both completely different!" :o

Poof- One becomes two. :)

Although to be fair, it doesn't happen quite that quickly, and it's a horrible example. ;)

If THAT was the kind of criteria it based on... There wouldn't be just me- There'd be the Spark of chemistry, the Spark of electrical engineer, the Spark of building drones... :)

You need to look at... The grand picture of what it all stands for. If that changes for people, a split can occur. :)

But even with a revelation like that, I'd like to think I'd remember it happening. ;)

Not to mention, what would even trigger it in the first place? :)
"Hey....do you think you could let the other guys know about the Mega Fissure? You know, Alex and Bjorn and them? I'd send them a message, but....I figure it's safer if the League don't know about it. You know, in case they....intercept the message? Or something? I guess...."

What, giving away freebies? ;)

You should know me better than that. ;)

I will need to make some kind of outrageous claim from them first! :)

Maybe I'll have them do the rest of the journey in hopscotch... I'll have to think about it. ;)
Finally, Irene calls up Diancie... Talking to her about everything they've discovered:

"I know it's a lot to take in, but now we should find Arceus because he is the only one who really knows that tree does, unless you know someone else who might? I know it's been a day, but how are things going in the city? "

"That's... Something."

"I... I think I'll have to think about what we even could do, if anything... I mean I know someone who would probably know, but... Well, nobody knows where he is."

"...Anyways- Everything has been going fine over here at the city... Mostly. Godslayers are apparently coming on television tomorrow, so there is that..."

The group makes steady progress- On their route, they seem to encounter some small pokemon groups which, according to their pokedex, consist out of pineco, shuckle, and elekid... The first and last ones also seeming to have the support of at least one evolved form. None are hostile, though, meaning the trainers can progress without issue unless one of those pokemon might interest them...
► Show Spoiler

Phoenix

"Well, most of them are kinda tired. My only nocturnal one just took out like 4 pokemon by herself. But I think I do have one pokemon who would enjoy being out." Phoenix stated, soon releasing the monkey as it spends a couple moments exploring, before soon returning to Phoenix... And noticing the roserade, soon extends a hand- Allowing the roserade to spin around his tail. From what he can notice paying attention to the supposed Meloetta, she seems to be mostly spending time near the back of the stage- Occasionally talking with Nick, or some of the people who seem to be working for the pub as well... Although he finds himself distracted as the girl he's chatting up with hooks herself a bit closer to him, wrapping her arms around his shoulder:

"Hey, your aipom seems to be having the right idea!"

"Or are you a bit preoccupied in trying to get an autograph..?"
she states- Seeming to have noticed Phoenix' "distracted" state.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:48 am

Alex lets Haley know, potentially through message before she goes through the airlock(?), that Nixon's favourite food may well be pie. He then goes to search Goser's room.

So, answers are... Unown, Pie, Pluto? Or Missingno, Pie, Pluto? Though I'd argue that missingno is an unown collective, so that's redundant... Then again, in this lore literally everything is apparently made of unown collectives.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:52 am

I knew it!
Haley gives Willow her dex and sets it to record. "Record everything you see even if it's small. Then come back to me. Thank you~" Haley then goes back to Disabling the alarm/whatever happens when the reader is triggered or at the very least finding a way to fool it to thinking the key card is in there..Tech edu [4d6+1] = 13+1 = 14

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:06 am

Bjorn fires off a quick message:

I'm not alone in the storage room. Will holler if I need help.
He crouches down to get a better view of whatever it is, and appear non-threatening. "Hello? Come out, are you hungry? Do you want something from the kitchen?"
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:04 am

Koa breathes a small sigh of relief at having his two-Sparks theory shot down.

"Well that's good to hear, at least. Now we're just back to 'what went through 42 years ago, and why do they think it's you?' Which... I mean, you said you were there, yeah, when you grabbed your piece of the Chain? If you didn't see anything go back with Giratina, then...," Koa shrugs. There was just too many possibilities of what it could be, none of which Koa could know for sure.

"And I guess Gaia's people were smart enough to figure out how to teleport over here on their own, then - it's not like they would've had your help with that. So I guess that Colress guy was just smart enough to come up with all of Plasma's crazy tech stuff."

"...When's the last time you saw that Colress guy, anyway?" Koa asks his pokedex. "Were you ever able to see him?"

Koa isn't all that interested in any of the pokemon the group sees. The elekid's interesting as a counterpart to Maguma, but not enough to warrant bothering with.
Athletics and Perception going to Eastern anomaly 2:
4d6+2 = [5, 4, 3, 2] = 16
2d6 = [5, 2] = 7

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:22 pm

What, giving away freebies? ;)

You should know me better than that. ;)

I will need to make some kind of outrageous claim from them first! :)

Maybe I'll have them do the rest of the journey in hopscotch... I'll have to think about it. ;)
"..."

"So is that a yes, or....?"

Izzy is also uninterested in the wild Pokemon they pass. She's more concerned by the giant, heavy Hariyama floating along beside them.

Maku seems surprisingly unconcerned with his height above the ground, watching the others below with a quiet calmness. Izzy has no fucking idea how those little clouds are keeping the 600lbs Pokemon airborne....but, to be fair, it's hardly the strangest thing she's seen recently. Or even in the last 24 hours.

Izzy Per: 17
Kay Per: 18

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:06 pm

Phoenix, realizing that she actually seems interested, and after mentally telling Midas to keep an eye on Meloetta for him, Phoenix decides to focus on her, for now.

You're right. I think he does. So, what do you say we join them? Keep them company, you know? My name is Phoenix, by the way. You are?

Charm=16

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:07 am

I see, could you tell us who he is? There's always a small chance of us meeting him, about there with me picking up a winning lottery ticket off the ground, but still a chance. Irene chuckles at her joke, not really believing it was so unlikely at this point. With the way they're were going she wouldn't be surprised if they tripped over him asleep on the ground.
"Oh, do you now what time? I'd like to be in a city to watch it happen?"
Irene will relay the information towards the group seeing if they have any quick questions.
"Thank you for taking our call, we won't hold you up for any longer. Stay safe, kay?"

Finally Irene asks a question that's been bothering her.
Izzy, what's going on with Maku? This sight also effects her perception

Irene perception [2d6] = 6
Ochrana perception [4d6] = 12

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:47 am

"Izzy, what's going on with Maku?"
► Show Spoiler
"He's...meditating? I dunno, honestly. Something to do with the tree, I guess? Or he's just been hanging around with me too much...."

As Izzy shrugs down at Irene, Maku decides to show off - doing a barrel roll over the heads of the others. Somehow gravity seems to just....ignore him, his butt staying stuck to the cloud despite being effectively upside down for a good few seconds.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:29 pm

Alex

Alex is off to search Goser's room...

(Perception roll, please.)

Haley

Haley meanwhile, sets to trying to remotely disable whatever kind of "alarm" might go off if the door is opened without the card reader... Eventually thinking she's found a way she can prevent the signal from occurring- Although it's going to be a risk... She thinks if she manages to pull one of the wires at just the right time, the door would open, but the signal won't be able to reach the alarm, or whatever it is... If her hands slip at the last moment, though, or the cable refuses to come loose...

(Another tech edu, or focus roll.)

Meanwhile, she has Willow fly in with her dex, having her record everything before coming back through... Seems it was met with success! The ghost pokemon soon returning with a somewhat shaky, albeit clear image... A rather standard looking bedroom- With some private stuff, a couple curio's... And a desk with a computer. She can't spot anything on first glance that seems like a clear hint, but perhaps if she can take a look herself... And then there's that computer, off course.

Bjorn

Bjorn quickly sends notice towards the others of what he's found, as he himself cautiously approaches the source of the noise... Luna right behind him to back him up if need be.

"Hello? Come out, are you hungry? Do you want something from the kitchen?"

Cautiously approaching, Bjorn notices through the shelves that there appears to be a... Hole? Where previously something must have borrowed through the relatively weak tiling of these walls... The eventual source showing up as he goes about poking in it- A large grey, rabbit-like pokemon jumping out of the hole, it's arms somehow serving as a pair of large digging hands, too... As it eyes Bjorn with a mix of suspicion, and caution.

Koa, Drake, Izzy, Irene

The party continues, ignoring the pokemon... And not sparing questions for their near omnipresent guide on the way.

"Well that's good to hear, at least. Now we're just back to 'what went through 42 years ago, and why do they think it's you?' Which... I mean, you said you were there, yeah, when you grabbed your piece of the Chain? If you didn't see anything go back with Giratina, then...,"

Nope. :)

Honestly, while it's fun to think up all these crazy theories... :)

The most realistic answer is that, whatever it might have been... :)

It lied hoping to throw others off the track. :)

I for one, am glad to hear it did not take, at least. :)
"And I guess Gaia's people were smart enough to figure out how to teleport over here on their own, then - it's not like they would've had your help with that. So I guess that Colress guy was just smart enough to come up with all of Plasma's crazy tech stuff."

Oh, yes. :)

They have been... "Copying" technology from what I can only presume to be their own world. :)

I figure that they've been using magic for ages, while you're all using electricity. ;)

"...When's the last time you saw that Colress guy, anyway? Were you ever able to see him?"

Hmm, tricky question... Depending on definition. :)

I have never "seen" Colress, similar to Prometheus... :)

Major reason my suspicion had been that they were off the same kin. :)

But unlike Prometheus, I was at least aware of him. :)

And could follow him easily through proxy. :)

So the major difference there is- While I might not be able to see them... Prometheus figured out something that allows him to extend that to others as well. :o

THAT is what I am really curious to find out more about... :)

As for when I saw him last... 

I do actually know what happened to him.

After he fired the frost cannon, he left- Finding a portal and becoming convinced it had to be a way home.

He got to meet our dear old friend instead.

That is the last anyone has ever seen him.

"..."

"So is that a yes, or....?"

Ha ha ha. :)

Sure. I can pass it along. ;)
Irene meanwhile, is still on the phone with Diancie- Posing a couple questions before she'd eventually hang up, joining Izzy in wondering what the hell was going on with Maku... Although none of the trainers seem particularly phased, after literally having defeated an interdimensional being just yesterday.

I see, could you tell us who he is? There's always a small chance of us meeting him, about there with me picking up a winning lottery ticket off the ground, but still a chance.

"...Regigigas. The builder. The architect. The right hand..."

"He holds many titles."

"Oh, do you now what time? I'd like to be in a city to watch it happen?"

"I think it was gonna be on one of the evening shows... 8 pm, probably?"

Meanwhile, the travel stays, for now, rather uneventful as they slowly approach their destination... Another couple of pokemon spotted along their route- This time around some vivillion, a scolipede pair with some smaller ones), and a large honchkrow roosting with the rest of it's murder atop a couple branches... It's looking like they're very much debating as whether to try and hit some of the bugs for a snack, or if it's generally not worth the trouble.

Phoenix

"And what exactly do you mean with that..? Am I merely supposed to warn you if it is looking like she is going to leave?" Midas asks as Phoenix mentally orders the entity to keep an eye on the goddess... While he shifts his attention to the girl- Turning to almost outright flirting.

You're right. I think he does. So, what do you say we join them? Keep them company, you know? My name is Phoenix, by the way. You are?

"Name's Alex! Yeah, yeah, I know- Parents are dicks, and stuff. Mostly unoriginal, to be honest- Just had to pick a name that'd fit no matter what I'd turn out as, right?" she says, seeming to be at least a bit tipsy, although her speech is still far too coherent to put her anywhere near "drunk" levels- Although liquid courage was still doing it's job, as she seemed to take his words for approval to pull him... Rather close. Looking up to him, seeming to consider something, before quickly seeming to backpedal as she instead quickly seems to blurt out a question.

"So! You're out of town, right..? What with the whole challenging Nick thing... Found a place to stay yet?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:04 pm

Think, Alex, where would a mad engineer put important things?
Per: 1
Int: 22

Also, apparently Goser's room is so secret that it doesn't even exist without perception rolls.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:04 pm

Haley sighs at the footage and gently pats Willow. "You did great. Now to get into the room."
She looks at the wires, frowning.

I'm sorry if this goes badly.
Tech edu [4d6+1] = 17+1 = 18
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:45 pm

Koa felt a shiver run through him. He was only in the Overseer's world for several moments, he couldn't imagine being stuck in there for several years.
"Eesh... I guess there goes the idea I had that Colress and Prometheus were working together now... not unless the Godslayers pulled him out whenever they got their piece of the Chain. Which... well it's a long-shot, but maybe he'd still be alright? Assuming Colress is just as invisible to the Overseer in that world as he is to you in this one. Or... unless he helped make the Overseer's big machine room Izzy talked about."

"I was just thinking that Colress was the one who helped Prometheus figure out how to expand their shroud-thing, since Hermes said Prometheus was just another warrior-kinda guy like him and not a scientist-kinda guy, but... well I dunno about that anymore. Maybe one of the Overseer's kids will know what happened to Colress, for sure...?" Koa wonders aloud, hand unconsciously touching that certain pokeball on his belt.

"What about Hermes and Gaia, anyway? Were you able to see them? It seemed like you could hear 'em, at least?"

Again, Koa's not that interested in any of the pokemon the group passes by. He's already got plenty of Bug-types, and he's not that interested in the crows despite lacking a strong Flying-type.
Athletics and Perception going to Eastern anomaly 3:
4d6+2 = [1, 1, 1, 1] = 6
2d6 = [4, 3] = 7

...Then again maybe he should've stopped, as Koa abruptly feels the effects of yesterday's shenanigans and a poor night's sleep wash over him in a sudden wave of fatigue.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:06 pm

Alex

Alex enters the "quantum room", one that apparently does not exist until observed... And it would seem if that were the case, it would continue to not exist- As it would come to no surprise to anyone that, while his intuition is on point, he'd miss something... Simply because he had not seen it.

Doesn't stop him from at least a "general" inspection. The room seeming rather... Messy. A form of "organized chaos"- Goser seeming to have the inclination to just leave whatever he was working on where-ever he last left it, ending with stacking papers on top of papers... Most of it seeming incomprehensible to likely anyone besides himself, and judging by the state of some, many of them even he considered them "discarded".

He's not even sure where he'd go about finding anything of interest among the stacks... But does check a couple of papers pinned to the walls- They seem to be mostly pictures of unown, and among them, the machine they had seen earlier in the room... Somehow related?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:57 pm

Looks like the machine probably has something to do with unown.
(Summons them, though Alex didn't take note of the summoning thing on the machine.)

Alex looks to see if there are any drawers which may contain interesting articles, but doesn't have much hope of making sense of the chaos, so after a quick inspection he moves on to the third room.

If needed:
Per: 6
Intuition: 28

Well, that went well. If this last room has anything useful Alex will probably find it.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:09 pm

Izzy doesn't care about the birds or bugs either. Instead she focuses ahead of them, trying to guesstimate how far they are from their destination.

Izzy Per: 16
Kay Per: 18

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:49 pm

Irene again doesn't add much to the group but does her best to keep an eye out, while setting a reminder on her pokedex to watch the broadcast.

Irene perception [2d6] = 7
Ochrana perception [4d6] = 10

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:55 am

As Alex pulls him close, Phoenix grabs her hand, and puts one on her waist, and starts to move her around, in a makeshift waltz.

I'm staying at the shelter for trainers. Nothing special. I should probably be getting back there, soon-ish, though. Maybe after a couple more dances.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:19 am

"Oh hey there buddy, you looking for food?" Bjorn reaches into his backpack and takes out some pokemon food, gently offering it to the bunnelby.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:35 am

Alex

Alex moves on to the next room, "Pearl's" room... Hasn't he heard that name before..? Must be so long ago, he's probably just misremembering it...

In each case, he soon manages to recover from his momentary haze, looking at this room with far more clarity- Discovering that it almost the antithesis of Goser's room: It is perfectly ordered, maintained, and cleaned, to a point of obsession... Especially considering that this "Pearl" seems more like a "hands-on" kind of worker, judging by the fact that she's got a small "workshop" going even here. All her tools neatly stored after finishing, off course, and whatever project she had under progress put down "neatly"... Which in question seems to be... A tiny, remote controlled drone? He picks up the controller that is next to it, built in with a tiny screen- Which seems to quickly connect to the drone as he turns it out, apparently still left with some battery life left! Given that the drone is only about the size of a pokeball , he figures he might as well take it...

Continuing to search, he does find that this Pearl has a lot more order in her own documents... But all that he does find seem to either be schematics for the robots she's built, or actual code written down with pen and paper- Both really too complicated to derive anything useful from... But he does find something he has heard mention of before: The supposed "reprogamming disc" that Pearl had constructed to deal with Genesect- Together with some "documentation" that is probably, again, too complicated for him to understand...

And then, just on a hunch... He wonders if this "Pearl" would have something to hide? And where she'd be placing that... Spotting a roll of duct tape on the bench, soon he finds himself looking under tables and feeling on the underside of some drawers- His efforts rewarded with the latter as he manages to pull off a piece of tape, revealing... An ID card? It seems to have been tampered with...

Remote drone
Has a range of 75 meters, providing video feedback to the user. (Stealth stat of 2d6+1)

Reformatting disk + documentation

Hacked ID card.

Haley

Haley meanwhile, sends out an apology in advance in preparation for what she fully expects to go horribly wrong, as she sends the override signal, pulling out the cable a split second after in hopes she's done it right- Too soon and the door would refuse to open, too late and whatever "alarm" is attached would go off... But she's not hearing any alarms go off... And judging by the door clicking open, she's succeeded!

Bjorn

"Oh hey there buddy, you looking for food?" Bjorn asks towards the fat diggersby, seeming to have caught it's interest in doing that- Soon digging through his backpack to offer it to the pokemon... Although the greedy little bugger doesn't seem quite content with just a "little" offering- Attempting to snatch the whole bag away from him!

Give me either an acrobatics or athletics roll if you're trying to stop it...

Koa, (Drake), Izzy, Irene

"Eesh... I guess there goes the idea I had that Colress and Prometheus were working together now... not unless the Godslayers pulled him out whenever they got their piece of the Chain. Which... well it's a long-shot, but maybe he'd still be alright? Assuming Colress is just as invisible to the Overseer in that world as he is to you in this one. Or... unless he helped make the Overseer's big machine room Izzy talked about."

"I was just thinking that Colress was the one who helped Prometheus figure out how to expand their shroud-thing, since Hermes said Prometheus was just another warrior-kinda guy like him and not a scientist-kinda guy, but... well I dunno about that anymore. Maybe one of the Overseer's kids will know what happened to Colress, for sure...?"

I suppose it is not an impossible theory. As has already been established, I would likely be left with absolutely no clue if they did "fish him out", so to speak. :)

It just appears that these... People, are deceptively intelligent... :)
"What about Hermes and Gaia, anyway? Were you able to see them? It seemed like you could hear 'em, at least?"

No. Unless you want to include you guys scanning them. ;)

About which... I suppose I should share my findings, should I not? :)

Both from what I know from Colress in the past, and the confirmations I got from your little experiment. :)

It'd help explain why Gaia was so quick to trust you all when you first met... :)

Their kind has no natural aura. 

At least... None that any sensors I know off can detect. :)

But I know from when Colress was still around, that while they don't "generate" a life source like that... They do need it to survive. :)

I suppose this "sun" is what provides it for them back in their world... :)

But back in this world... Colress had to take it from something else. 

... I do not believe most would consider Colress a "good" person by common standards.

But, basically... Creatures that need a specific lifeforce to survive, or otherwise begin to wither away into a monstrous form... And can drain someone to death if they're not careful... :/

I'm going to call them vampires. ;)

Aura vampires. :)
On that note, the group continues, once again not interested in the pokemon they've found on route... A brief rest considered, eventually ignored, and soon regretted as Koa feels the injuries of yesterday take hold and soon trips, collapsing for a moment. The group holds on for a moment while Jeremy helps make sure one of his wounds hasn't gotten infected or re-opened, as eventually they manage to continue... And having walked for several hours now, seems they're about getting back to where the base used to be- Seem they don't have that much farther to go to reach this supposed site where the GRAND OVERSEER entered from there...

The journey goes relatively peacefully, at least... For a while. As the once sparse woodlands were growing more dense once more, and through it, some trainers fail to notice the thin lines of silken spider stretching across the ground just a tad too late... Eventually, Izzy does notice when she almost stepped on one of the almost invisible strings herself, quickly calling it out, as she follows the intricate "warning" web, and how it's many lines snake up the trees all around them, noticing a large portion of the trees above them are filled with webs. It's already too late, though- At least a dozen, likely more, yellow, fuzzy spiders either climbing down the bark of the trees that surround them, or simply allowing themselves to descend from a silk line. It'd be a scene from a horror movie, if the bright blue eyes did not give them at least a certain level of "cute"... Which wasn't detracting the electric spiders from sparking rather dangerously towards the trainers intrusion...
► Show Spoiler
Phoenix

Phoenix decides to stay relatively modest given how happenings at the club usually go... Not that she doesn't seem to mind, as the two break out in some kind of "techno waltz"- Continuing conversation all the while.

I'm staying at the shelter for trainers. Nothing special. I should probably be getting back there, soon-ish, though. Maybe after a couple more dances.

"The hostel? Not exactly the height of luxury, is it..? Why don't you just stay over at my place?" she says, smiling a bit groggily, before seeming to color red a bit at realizing the "implication".

"H-Hey! No funny ideas! I mean, not that I'm forbidding funny ideas, but... It's just a friendly offer, ok? An own room oughta be better than having to share!"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:47 am

"Huzzah!" Haley yells triumphantly and goes into the room, searching for anything relating to pokemon before she slides to the pc and looks at it and looks for anything relating to pokemon.

Per [5d6+3] = 17+3 = 20 tech [4d6+1] = 18+1 = 19

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:17 pm

As the spiders jump out of the trees, Izzy reacts instantly - reaching for the Fire Blaster in her bag and holding it up defensively. Kay is a little less passive about things though, lashing out at any bugs which get too close with a slicing blast of air.

Air Cutter (AC: 9, AC: 6, Damage: 51) [Gale Strike]
(I'll use the lower AC unless it's a miss, in which case I'll expend a use of Gale Strike to use the higher AC)

If the spiders attack, Izzy hits the biggest with her Fire Blaster, keeping it on the lower setting for now.

Flame Burst (AC: 12, Damage: 27)
► Show Spoiler