The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15411

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:14 am

((You've got 6-7 foot tall grass surrounding you, clear shot won't be available until your pretty much on them unless you enter the roadway, though you could try to judge by sound (disadvantage, cover).))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15022
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:18 am


User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8659
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:19 am

Zephyr tucks her coin purse back into her back and stand up. "Maji, I hope you're hungry, cause we're having FRESH MEAT TONIGHT BOYS" then she begins cackling like a crazy person.
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12184

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:46 am

Ulmwin just facepalms, and wonders if he should just ask them plainly if they'd move aside as to "spare her the satisfaction"...

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1551
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:03 am

Once Zephyr starts acting like a lunatic, Coljin will ready his crossbow and then say, "Actually, Maji, we need to have a quick talk before you go and eat anyone today."

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5537
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:25 am

perception: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21

Randy mutters under his breath: "Oh, spork."

He starts angling towards the edge of the tall grass, trying to get a view of the road without revealing himself.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15411

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:42 am

As Ulmwin finishes speaking, the leader responds.

"Under other circumstances, I think I would enjoy playing a few hands with you. However, to continue your analogy, if your only option at the table is to win, then it doesn't matter who is sitting across from you... you do whatever is necessary to make sure you're the one leaving the table with heavy pockets. Perhaps you ought to speak to your friends."

The pierced half elf looks a bit unsure of things...

As Holger speaks up, berating Zephyr for being a stupid demon girl, the half-elf mutters something about racists.

As he mentions great magicians, and makes it apparent that he's got some mage armor up, there is some muttering that is quickly quieted by the leader.

"Sorry to say I missed the festival this year. I was... otherwise occupied."

Zephyr starts yelling about fresh meat (which everyone hears), and the "taxman" sighs, gesturing to his men to just shoot the fool tiefling.

((Initiative time! Need numbers for Tess, Randy and Ulmwin. Holger, if you'd held an action to cast sleep, it would have been you starting to cast it and holding off on releasing it... they basically have shooting folks readied, and probably would have just shot you as soon as you started to cast. You did get a 21 on initiative though...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15692
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:53 am

perception: 1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18 Maji wants to facepalm as Zephyr is being an idiot.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6968

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:01 am

Knowing that his magic can have some explosive results, Holger will move 30 ft forward and cast sleep on the people in front of him.

Holger sleep: 5D8 = [3, 8, 6, 8, 8] = 33
Holger wild surge (tide of chaos): 1D100 = [66] = 66
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15022
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:13 am


User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12184

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:18 am

initiative: 1D20 = [12] = 12

(This might only occur once my turn comes around?)

"I'd really urge you all to get out the way now while you still can!" Ulmwin yells as first shots are being exchanged, giving it a last ditch effort to not have to pull out his own spells and crossbows- Although having the leader run away screaming would probably crush their morale just a little bit...

"After all, if you were intent on having all of us pay 5 gold, you shouldn't be asking for 30... Think more like 95!" he yells, being outright deceiving as he's hoping to lead them to believe they're vastly outnumbered...

Deception: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8659
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:43 am

Zephyr moves forward with holger, ready to protect him from whatever bolts are flung his way.
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5537
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:04 am

Initiative: 1D20 = [10] = 10 ((Right now, Randy probably wants to 'face palm' Zephyr for provoking a fight before they were in position. :P ))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15411

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:41 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:Zephyr moves forward with holger, ready to protect him from whatever bolts are flung his way.
((You'll move on your turn.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15411

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:23 pm

Holger: You hurry forward, casting sleep as you move, releasing it on the group of folks in front of you. As your spell starts to take effect, and you see the two subordinates starting to look sleepy, you feel a surging discharge of electrical energy.

((Roll 4d10 for me please!))

Ambush: MAP!
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
Posts: 2288
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Patdragon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:05 am

Rudolph will double move forwards trying to end in a little cover of the long grass if able. Assuming he got his gear ready while everyone else was playing "diplomat".
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6968

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:26 am

The extra energy he assembles doesn't amount to as much as he had hoped for

Holger wild magic: 4D10 = [10, 2, 1, 2] = 15
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15411

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:53 am

The human holding a crossbow drops to his knees as his eyes close, while the pierced half-elf shakes his head and glares at Holger. No sooner does the human drop, than the energy bursts out of Holger, a crack of lightning bolts striking both the leader and the sleepy human. The leader is singed and cries out in pain and anger, while the human subordinates head explodes.

Rudolph rushes forward, easing into the grass to the south of the road.

Kreentath rears up on her hind legs and fires on the leader, the first arrow taking him in the side, the second shattering against a rock on the roadway.
Dropping back down, she stows her bow as she moves forward closer to the road.

However, rising up and firing gave away her position, and those around you can see the grass rustle as someone moves up and attacks her with a feral roar, the centaur crying out in pain.
Rothar draws a shortsword and rushes to her aid, thrusting his blade into the attacker before he paws at it with his hooves, landing with a heavy thwack.

Ambush: MAP!

((I'll say in the tall grass, you can only really see well within 5 ft of you, but rustling could be detected further... so Tess knows someone entered where Rudy is, but doesn't have eyes on him.))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15022
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:42 am

Nemeia stows her bow and curses quietly as she suddenly realises how trapped she is. If she can spend her action to dodge, she will, then will cunning action dash to head further past the bandits on the road.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15411

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:59 am

Past through the grass?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15022
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:21 am

Yes, through the grass. Carefully, I hope.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15411

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:10 am

Tess: You skirt past where the two centaurs are engaged with what looks to be an axe wielding half orc in hide armor, and proceed on past the crest of the hill.

((Let's have a Perception check please.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15022
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:14 am

I think she may have jabbed herself in the eye with some grass and walked straight into a sword...

Perception: 1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15411

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:16 am

You don't see much on the other side, but since the leader was at the top of the hill, you should be just past him and the half elf at this point.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12184

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:29 am

((Yeah, so it's probably too late to not have this evolve into conflict... Would you rule the action I posted earlier as taking up an actual action, Spider, or could I get away with 'talking is a free action'? :roll: And consecutively, can I make a conditional to shoot at anyone that ain't running? ))

Post Reply