Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Synch
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Synch » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:51 pm

SuperVaderMan wrote:Burns can you just do a boss fight without complaining literally every step of the way?
This. M0rt's world, M0rt's homebrew, M0rt's rules.

Yeah, I was assuming the robot is in the edge of the middle diagonal square, but I'm fine if he's not supposed to be and its just the two smaller bots.

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:35 pm

Natrivv wrote:-snip
First: Oh my god, what is that fluffy thing on your trainer sheet, it's adorable!

Second: The defensive tag exists to note which abilities can be ignored by Mold Breaker, but Telepathy is only triggered by friendly moves, and since Mold Breaker specifically states it ignores "enemies' Defensive Abilities" it wouldn't work on Telepathy. Thus, no Defensive tag.

Third: I like the concept. At some point I came up with a similar idea, but where the character had the telepathy capability and "saw" through others' eyes. Then it became apparent that would leave the character stranded if they got separated from everyone. Which would mean a pretty similar problem to Izzy, for you; if they're separated from their munna in any way then they're left blind.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:15 pm

It's called a poro. some random effects about them.
Poros have a heart-shaped underbelly because theyÔÇÖre made of love.
A poroÔÇÖs horns perk up when itÔÇÖs excited and droop down when itÔÇÖs scared.
Poros are equal parts truth, valor, and innocence.

I see, makes sense, but sort of gimps enduring soul on the feature.

Yeah, it would be a problem but outside of this dark gym shouldn't happen too often.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Which part? I don't know any Enduring Soul things that relate to Defensive Abilities. But with the new playtest Telepathy maybe could be treated as Defensive. It adds a passive +1 Evasion now, so that's enough for it to classify.

As for the blindness problem, wouldn't it come up any time the munna's KO'd? A tough fight or an unlucky hit would be enough, unless you've got ways to revive it.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:47 pm

Dlover wrote:
Natrivv wrote:-snip
First: Oh my god, what is that fluffy thing on your trainer sheet, it's adorable!
Its from League of Legends.
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:48 pm

Dlover wrote:Which part? I don't know any Enduring Soul things that relate to Defensive Abilities. But with the new playtest Telepathy maybe could be treated as Defensive. It adds a passive +1 Evasion now, so that's enough for it to classify.

As for the blindness problem, wouldn't it come up any time the munna's KO'd? A tough fight or an unlucky hit would be enough, unless you've got ways to revive it.
It's the awareness feature the prerequisite is three pokemon with defensive capabilities. It adds +2 to save checks

Koffing would let me follow it's scent, as for Golbat no easy help there, though Crobat does have mount 1, but yeah it would be a hassle, but that's part of not getting any abilities to circumvent the blindness is because it's an actual challenge he'd have to deal with.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:12 am

Ooh, creative ways to get around it, I like it. :D

Meanwhile the extent of my character design (For characters since Alex.) is "Let's make this sort of elementalist. Now what works with that?" :P
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:40 am

My character design, having never played PTU:

"Ooh, Rider looks cool! Ooh mammoth pokemon! Tundra boy!"
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:48 am

On a similar note, if anyone ever needs a backup character and has no ideas I've got Dark, Electric, and Poison elementalists mostly prepared, had them sitting around for a while. And Steel, but I'm keeping him for myself.
My game:

My characters:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:03 am

In my opinion doing what looks fun or sounds fun to you personally is the best way to create a character. The biggest goal is to have fun.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:23 am

Which is why I'm keeping my dorky Sword Dancer for my own backup. :p

But there are some combinations that sound cool. Shade Caller (Dark elementalist) / Hunter / Dark Ace is stacked for fighting single targets and building up to an insta-KO condition. Some sort of professional killer, maybe. Or just, y'know, a professional hunter. Since they have that as a class. They'd use long-range guns as their main weapon, and have Shade Caller features for when they get up close and personal.
Spark Master / Skirmisher / MaybeJuggler to darts around the field laying into enemies all about.
Miasmic / ... Okay, I don't have any combos for Miasmic, but the idea of a Miasmic character who uses toxins like cigarettes and alcohol as fuel for their abilities seems like a cool one. I was also amused by the thought of throwing in a really haggard, frail, untrustworthy appearance as a result of all the nasty chemicals they take in, but they're actually perfectly healthy and a huge softie. (So no intimidate or charm, but guile is necessary for Miasmic.)
My game:

My characters:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:16 pm

It's funny. I created a poison elementalist for a back up character also. It seems like it would be really fun to play, and powerful, with the right build.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:22 pm

Dlover wrote: But there are some combinations that sound cool. Shade Caller (Dark elementalist) / Hunter / Dark Ace is stacked for fighting single targets and building up to an insta-KO condition. Some sort of professional killer, maybe. Or just, y'know, a professional hunter. Since they have that as a class. They'd use long-range guns as their main weapon, and have Shade Caller features for when they get up close and personal.
This sounds friggin' sweet! I dibs this for any future PTU games!
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:19 pm

So can you post z moves and how they interact with moves again? I tried searching for it but apparently that is too common.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:19 pm

Synch wrote:This sounds friggin' sweet! I dibs this for any future PTU games!
I've planned out up to level 25, but it's probably not ideal. And of course you'd have parts you'd want to change to fit your preferences, too.

Z-Moves... They were something like "+2DB to a move of the relevant type, melee moves become Blast 2, ranged moves become Ranged Blast 2" or something?
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:25 am

I'll have to check myself what the exact ruling was we agreed upon, but it doesn't matter right now anyways- Haley has neither key stone nor knowledge as how to activate them.
So, Detect didn't happen?
Oops, missed that with your other action- Do you want me to retcon knowing that you got healed and able to act, or will you just save it for this/ a future round?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:25 am

Double post, but found the post relating to what z-moves do:
Z-moves
A Z-move can be declared once per scene as a standard action by the trainer, assuming the target pokemon is holding a Z-crystal of the same type of the move to be used. The move gains Burst 2 if melee, Blast 2 if ranged, or extends radius by two if already burst or blast. In addition, the DB of the move is raised by 2, and gains the smite keyword.
But we decided to change a couple things about that, which would make it...
Z-moves
A Z-move can be declared once per scene as a standard action by the trainer, assuming the target pokemon is holding a Z-crystal of the same type of the move to be used. The move gains close blast 2 if melee, Blast 2 if ranged, or extends radius by one if already burst, blast, or an other kind of AOE effect. Moves that target X targets target an additional target. In addition, the DB of the move is raised by 2, and gains the smite keyword.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:49 am

You need a keystone to use Z-Moves? :o
Shows how much I know about Pokemon.

As for Detect... Nah, no need to retcon. To be honest, it's probably not going to do anything significant in this fight, regardless. I'll dodge one attack, and another will hit me after. I'm actually pretty sure Luna wasted healing on reviving Alex, since he doesn't get to act until the end of the round, so there's a good chance he'll be KO'd before his turn comes around anyway. And heck, maybe if a trainer is seriously hurt in that mess they'll stop using AOEs to avoid lethal damage.

:O Hey, so do multi-target moves still get the blast effect? If they do, what happens if they overlap? Two adjacent targets where you position the Blasts so that they're both caught in each other's blast as well as their own attack. Do they take double the damage?
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:52 am

Moves that hit X targets only hit X+1 targets, no blast damage on those.

And technically you don't use a keystone in the game pretty sure, but something very similar to one..? I'm ruling them to be the same, though.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:57 am

I'll take the voltorb next to me.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:57 am

Just to confirm, using a healing item takes your standard and shift actions, right? So Alex can't try to get out of the AOE clusterfuck and drink an Enriched Water at the same time?
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:22 am

Applying Restorative Items, or X Items is a
Standard Action, which causes the target to
forfeit their next Standard Action and Shift
Action, unless the user has the ÔÇ£Medic TrainingÔÇØ
Edge. The target of these items may refuse to
stay still and be healed; in that case, the item is
not used, and the target does not forfeit their
actions.
If you use a Restorative Item on yourself it is a
Full-Round action, but you do not forfeit any
further actions.
So if you were using a potion etc what you are saying is correct, but enrichened water is actually a refreshment item so...:
Refreshments are Items that grant their effects when
they are consumed as an Extended Action outside of combat.
While they canÔÇÖt heal in a pinch like Potions do,
they are a cheaper alternative for healing while
outside of battle. A Pok├®mon or Trainer can
only consume one refreshment per half hour,
unless they have the Gluttony Ability.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:06 am

M0rtimer wrote:I'll have to check myself what the exact ruling was we agreed upon, but it doesn't matter right now anyways- Haley has neither key stone nor knowledge as how to activate them.
So, Detect didn't happen?
Oops, missed that with your other action- Do you want me to retcon knowing that you got healed and able to act, or will you just save it for this/ a future round?
:o we need a keystone? Anyways we know how to activate them, when we touched them it showed a dance when we touched them.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:18 am

In game, a "Z-ring" is required to use the Z-moves, and you apparently also "slot in" your z-crystals into it... (And I think later in the game you just obtain a separate key stone..? Or does it get integrated into the z-ring too..?) But I'm just saying "You can use a key stone both for z-moves and mega evolution".

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:30 am

In that case I changed the condition where the plate is destroyed. Fortunally fast moms get to act as soon as you release them.