MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.
Post Reply
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:12 pm

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1249
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:24 pm

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5017
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:31 pm

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:24 pm

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11789

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:27 pm

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1249
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:12 pm

main party
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14649

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:50 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:34 pm

Main Party
"Of course you may ask! My name is Lady Crucem Capilli."

Ah'Sereen slips into the shadows, and watches the reptilian lady for a bit. She seems odd, but there's no particular suggestion she's planning anything other than starting a gallery and indulging in a spot of pyromania.

Aura looks around at her surroundings. It seems that there are three doors leading out of this room - one in each of the eastern and western walls that lead into round rooms, and one in the north wall that leads onwards. [Map Updated]

-----------------------------------------

Warryn
Warryn sneaks silently out of the cloakroom, through a blessedly quiet door, and instinctively grabs the handle to catch himself as he realises he is standing in the ceiling of a room with three staircases leading towards each other and blending into a confusing knot of stairs in the centre of the space below him.

But the fall doesn't come. In fact, it seems that whatever gravity is holding this room together is intent on keeping him oriented exactly as he shouldn't be: upside down and standing normally on his own two feet. It's very confusing and he feels a little sick thinking about it. He sees two doors below him to the east and west... or to the left and right at least... but the only way to reach them is to descend the staircases. ...The weird, knotted staircases, that are supported by absolutely nothing except themselves.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5017
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:02 pm

(( I must be going blind. I'm not seeing the map? ))

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7358
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:05 am

Warryn takes a second to reorient himself as the door closes behind him. What was this place?

Creeping down the stairs as carefully as possible, he studies the twisting paths available, trying to figure out which one will lead him to one of the other doors. But he finds the strangely warped dimensions of the room messing with his head too much. Meanwhile Erik tries to keep alert for movement, but also finds himself distracted by their surroundings.

Investigation check: 1D20+3 = [3]+3 = 6

Erik Per (hearing) check: 2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [3, 6]+3 = 9

((Still Invisible, obviously. I'm not dropping it until I have too :roll: ))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:19 am

((lurks- the map's at the start of the ooc thread.

Dusk- just a head's up - if you move at half speed, you are ok on the stairs. If you move faster, I'll need an acrobatics check :) In the meantime, I'll take another stealth roll))

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7358
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:25 am

((Half Speed is fine, I'm not in a rush (yet). Do I get Advantage on my Stealth because of the invisibility again?))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:31 am

((not in here, no. The room is a massive echo chamber and even the quiet scuffs of your boots reverberate much more loudly than normal. ((You don't have to make the stealth check if you don't mind being loud by the way. I assumed you'd want to be quiet, but up to you)).

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7358
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:39 am


User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1249
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:26 am

"Nice to meet you, Lady Capilli. I will get a painting or two for you. Will we find you here again, or somewhere else in this....place?"

After she answers that he will ask another two of his millions of questions that are swirling in his mind.

"We were told by the last woman we talked to that this place is a prison. Do you agree with that assessment?
And secondly, you said the gallery might be dangerous, what lurks there that is bad?"

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11789

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:32 am

While the others are asking questions to the lady, Aura decides to begin scoping out what the best way to go might be... Heading to the Eastern door, and seeing if she can "hear" anything from beyond it... As well as make sure if there's any way to open the door or such.

Perception: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:56 am

Main Party
Art questions the woman some more. She replies:

"I shall be here. I believe it was once designed as a prison perhaps, but it has evolved into so much more! It is certainly a convenient place to place powerful people if you wish to break their political influence over a particular plane. Few have the power to oppose Psathyrella anyway, and those who do... well, they still recognise the significance of this place and Psathyrella's importance.

As for the gallery, I do not know what "lurks" there. I was only told to take care while inside and not to linger in it. A shame, I think. Galleries are always best when gievn adequate time."

Aura listens at the eastern door, but hears nothing through it. It opens easily though, and is not locked. ((Were you going through or just testing the door?))

----------------------------------------------

Warryn

Warryn tries to visually map a path to the doors, but the effort makes him feel queasy and he keeps getting muddled up. Erik seems to be having just about exactly as much fun and refuses to come out from inside Warryn's hood except to make the most cursory effort at listening for other creatures in the room. He doesn't hear anything.

((There is one flight of stairs leading down from where you are now into the tangle of staircases in the middle of the room. Each door has one staircase leading to it, but you can't tell where they start, except that it's somewhere in the mess in the middle))

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7358
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:06 am

Trying not to throw up, Warryn decides to just keep following the stairs in front of him and hope for the best. Careful to muffle his footsteps as best as possible, he descends down into tangle of stairways at the centre of the room. If he stumbles across a path to one of the other doors, he follows it. He's not going to be picky right now - either one will do.

((I'm a bit confused about how gravity works in here. The door I came through was on the ceiling, yeah? But my feet stick to the stairs regardless of how they twist? So I'm walking vertically down right now?))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:33 am

Dusk9 wrote:((I'm a bit confused about how gravity works in here. The door I came through was on the ceiling, yeah? But my feet stick to the stairs regardless of how they twist? So I'm walking vertically down right now?))
:lol: yeah, it's a confusing room :D But yes, you are walking vertically down. Gravity feels normal, but it looks anything but normal to your brain.

Warryn clenches his jaw and sneaks carefully and slowly towards the center of the tangled stairs. ((I'll take a perception check to find a path to one of the exits))

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7358
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:34 am


User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11789

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:11 am

Aura was just checking, but now she's verified it seems safe she'll open the door to see what lies beyond.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14649

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:15 am

((How close is Ah'sereen to Aura? Do I have time to notice and stop her before she opens the (possibly) trapped door?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:21 am

((Sure, go ahead))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14649

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:26 am

"Aura... hold on, can I check that first?"

Ah'sereen pulls out her magnifying glass and investigates the door. "Ok, looks good. Go ahead."

Investigation: Why did I not put some proficiency in this?: 2D20.HIGH(1)+2 = [1, 8]+2 = 10
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11789

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:29 am

"I did check myself, you know, not going to open it wily nilly... Didn't spot anything myself, or am hearing anything, so... Let's check it out."

Post Reply