2 April 2018 - there are some who would..

Discuss the comic here!
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

2 April 2018 - there are some who would..

Post by Krulle » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:39 pm

http://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-7-2018

Many have guessed it, she just did it in a way that allowed her to move forward..

Well played, Kin.

Note: April Foolˋs: published one day early: https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/statu ... 5025765377

Also, I'm betting next page will be with Forgath, Idle, Ward, and Bowst....
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

crow76308
Enjoys Chitchat

Re: 2 April 2018 - there are some who would..

Post by crow76308 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:06 pm

Awesome! Love how she out thought him!
Possum explicare vobis, sed Ego aliter comprehendere non illam tibi.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:36 pm

Correct predictions of mine include Parchment's well-timed flight having the exact result that was telegraphed, Kin's tail was indeed a suburb defense while escaping, and Kin watching her assailant fall like a chump.

But it seems less than the nitty-gritty was outlined in full regarding these colorized symbols. We kept thinking the raw distance was key, but now I'm just lost.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:02 am

I will admire Kore's ability to return from a trap in a dungeon shortly .. let me admire his fall from grace and his damaged crippling visage being outwitted for a bit longer.

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:27 am

I have no idea what is happening here.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:48 am

Kin made sure she touched so much of the floor, that her IME was all around Kore, and towards the exit he entered through.
So, all symbols turned ree, except for Parchment's symbol.
Until she told Parchment to move away from the symbol.

edit:
@mg4h wrote:I'm confused how Kin's IME moved like that - wouldn't Kore's have stayed where he was, and kept at least one symbol white?
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:I think this needed a top down view for more clarity. Kin slithered (under the fog) around the walls, leaving a trail of green fog. The fog around Kore stayed white, but he wasn't close to the walls/shapes. So she deliberately turned all the shapes green.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:08 am

Yes, and since the floor is only there as long as at least one shape is a different colour than the others, and the floor was what made the IME-fog appear, Kore is not emitting the fog anymore and he seems too far from any shape to colour it manually by touching it.
Besides, it's possible that he doesn't know how the room/floor works, as either a) he hadn't encountered something like this ever before and/or b) when he arrived at his door, the floor was already there and he had no reason to assume it was a temporary feature.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

ManInBasement
Remains Silent

Post by ManInBasement » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:33 am

Had to register to post this. I love Kore's expressions here, so I added what I think he was thinking.
► Show Spoiler

crow76308
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by crow76308 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:47 am

Kinda hope she drops a fireball after him.
Possum explicare vobis, sed Ego aliter comprehendere non illam tibi.

Sessine
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Sessine » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:11 am

Krulle wrote:Kin made sure she touched so much of the floor, that her IME was all around Kore, and towards the exit he entered through.
So, all symbols turned (g)ree(n), except for Parchment's symbol.

edit:
@mg4h wrote:I'm confused how Kin's IME moved like that - wouldn't Kore's have stayed where he was, and kept at least one symbol white?
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:I think this needed a top down view for more clarity. Kin slithered (under the fog) around the walls, leaving a trail of green fog. The fog around Kore stayed white, but he wasn't close to the walls/shapes. So she deliberately turned all the shapes green.
That helps, but I am still a bit confused. What's with Kore's IME on this page? His chains seem to be breaking apart, especially in panel 8. Is this just a way of showing his total bewilderment, or is there more to it than that?
► Show Spoiler

Liquidmark
Speaks Quietly

Post by Liquidmark » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:30 am

Hmm, you know, IÔÇÖm seeing the page but IÔÇÖm not buying it since todayÔÇÖs April 1st. CanÔÇÖt fool me, Thunt. IÔÇÖll be back tomorrow.

Derkins
Mutters to Themself

Post by Derkins » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:15 am

ManInBasement wrote:Had to register to post this. I love Kore's expressions here, so I added what I think he was thinking.
► Show Spoiler
Haha This is perfect. :lol:

Also - Kin's tail is super OP and I love it. She deserves an invincible giant snake tail. ^____^

Hjerne
Of Few Words

Post by Hjerne » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:35 am

Krulle wrote:Also, I'm betting next page will be with Forgath, Idle, Ward, and Bowst....
You've got it and I have figured out what is going to happen. The first couple panels will be the group talking then Idle will ask "Do you hear that?" The rest of the group will be like "Hear what?" then we will see a screaming sound effect like a scream slowly growing louder. Everybody will look around. Forgath will look up and scream loudly. Then Kore will land directly on top of him driving them both deeply into the ground.

Kore will have killed Forgath who died screaming.

wordelo
Mutters to Themself

Post by wordelo » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:53 am

This was an awesome update.

After Kore fell I imagine he sat there for a minute and then this scene from DBZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnzMkJocw6Q

Zeus1976
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Zeus1976 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:20 am

Sessine wrote: That helps, but I am still a bit confused. What's with Kore's IME on this page? His chains seem to be breaking apart, especially in panel 8. Is this just a way of showing his total bewilderment, or is there more to it than that?
what we see in panel 8 is literally the split second after the trap activates, the floor disappears and the IME with it as it was the floor which caused the effect

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:20 pm

Sessine wrote:
Krulle wrote:Kin made sure she touched so much of the floor, that her IME was all around Kore, and towards the exit he entered through.
So, all symbols turned (g)ree(n), except for Parchment's symbol.

edit:
That helps, but I am still a bit confused. What's with Kore's IME on this page? His chains seem to be breaking apart, especially in panel 8. Is this just a way of showing his total bewilderment, or is there more to it than that?
It's breaking apart, because Kin is touching most floor, and the IME is not cause by Kore or Kin, but by the floor being touched....

Also, thank You ManInBasement. Love your addition!

Crimson
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: Crimsonak

Post by Crimson » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:20 pm

Now we just need to figure out how much damage Kore is gonna take from the fall.

RG2Cents
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by RG2Cents » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:58 pm

crow76308 wrote:Awesome! Love how she out thought him!
Me too! I mean, I really like the art and visual presentation as well, but the way she outsmarted Kore is the gem of this story arc! ;)

Dustin_S
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Dustin_S » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:43 pm

Sessine wrote: That helps, but I am still a bit confused. What's with Kore's IME on this page? His chains seem to be breaking apart, especially in panel 8. Is this just a way of showing his total bewilderment, or is there more to it than that?
The floor was what was making Kin/Kore's IMEs "spawn." Once the floor was gone, no more IME.

qTzal
Mutters to Themself

Post by qTzal » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:43 pm

Dustin_S wrote:
The floor was what was making Kin/Kore's IMEs "spawn." Once the floor was gone, no more IME.
So Kore's IME was basically "forced visible" continuously because of the floor trap?
Normally it is only visible during active spell casting; I wonder how this floor trap would react to an entirely non-magical person?

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:49 pm

Clever girl, but we don't see a -10 yet, so Mister Dwarf is still alive, just at the bottom of the pit.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:13 am

qTzal wrote:
Dustin_S wrote:
So Kore's IME was basically "forced visible" continuously because of the floor trap?
Normally it is only visible during active spell casting; I wonder how this floor trap would react to an entirely non-magical person?
Yes, Kin notices the floor creates the fog.
See http://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-12018.

I also have no idea how the floor would react to a non-casting non-magical character (or NPC).

BookWyrm17
Mutters to Themself

Post by BookWyrm17 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:19 am

qTzal wrote: Normally it is only visible during active spell casting; I wonder how this floor trap would react to an entirely non-magical person?
I believe Thunt has said that *everyone* has an IME, no matter who they are. You just don't really see it unless they're doing magical things with it. Complains, after all, is a barbarian goblin who has probably never cast a spell in his life. But he had a purple diamond tattooed on his arm when he found out what his IME was.

I don't know if IME's can evolve without being used or not, but I kind of assume so. It depends on if Rage counts as something magical enough to evolve your IME, because both Minmax and Complains have their individual IME changing and evolving every time they Rage. Or, well, actually it's because they're leveling up.

So basically what I'm assuming is that if you have a level 15 rogue who has never cast a spell in his life, he'll have a surprising and interesting IME on that floor, not just a color.
The point is to have fun.

Matney X
Whispers Softly

Post by Matney X » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:02 am

I feel like this update is the defining moment for "When the serpent becomes his prey."

When was that first mentioned? When Young and Beautiful met Forgath?

Never Finishes Anyth
Mutters to Themself

Post by Never Finishes Anyth » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:45 am

ManInBasement wrote:Had to register to post this. I love Kore's expressions here, so I added what I think he was thinking.
► Show Spoiler
Needs more OW.

KA-KLANG (OW!) KLANG (Ouch!) ...ka-klang (ow)