The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 17, 2018 1:10 pm

Rodgeir wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:00 am "So, now that we are all cleared up on that these lizardfolk are servants of Ash'Karoth you're all onboard to help us defeat them and save the folks they grabbed?"

He is increasingly worried about the shelf life of the prisoners based on this discussion.
The elf continues:
"We must consider what you have said, but the affairs of your people are your own.

If you have more to say, now is the time. Otherwise, Goroth and Tam will look after you and see that you are rested and well fed after your travels."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 17, 2018 1:41 pm

"Seems like if this Ash'Karoth is back around our affairs are very much in line with yours. That is if anything I heard about druids wantin' to protect nature and balances is true."

He will give an overly nonchalant shrug,

"But maybe Ash'Karoth and his crew won't bother you or your swamp here."

((Let me know if rolls are needed))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 17, 2018 1:52 pm

"As I say... We have much to discuss."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 17, 2018 2:17 pm

"Is it of no concern to you that they live only a couple days away? The city is much further from them than that, even by boat it took us nearly a week to get there. Furthermore they are also capturing those not from the city that live in the wilds.

If you brush it off as something that does not concern you then it may become worse and worse and get harder to stop, and many will die. They wish to sacrafice people to this monster. The sooner there is a tion the less destruction in the long run. Espessially if thier sacraficing can bring it back. If it isn't already."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 17, 2018 2:32 pm

Varsk is ready to let them deliberate but pauses at something the gnome said suddenly strikes him as odd and addresses him,

"...Wait, how often do a handful of black dragon scales float down an acid river that melts literally everything 600 years after... whatever it is you did to said dragon- that you wouldn't give a goblin's ass about it?"

((How likely is it that Varsk would know anything about black dragons and their breath weapons? If not from general stories, if they are mostly forgotten, then from extrapolating from the breath weapons of similarly colored dragonborn?))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 17, 2018 3:42 pm

((I'll take a nature check from Varsk on that one :) ))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 17, 2018 4:49 pm

((I feel like this area of expertise is just common knowledge to dragonborn - They'd know the elements of their fellows. Plus everyone except Varsk has seen Guardsman McHero dive into the acid with just some burns. Otherwise, ignore me.))

"The lack of concern is precisely because it was a black dragon. Just as with my dark-scaled kin, black dragons bear great protection against acids of all forms. Even long after the dragon is dead, its scales will still show barely a mark for acid etchings. Either Ash'Karoth chose this land because the acid suited it, or it caused a change in the environment to create the acid."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 17, 2018 6:31 pm

(ah yeah, thaquorel totally did that :) )

Varsk's outburst causes Goroth to turn round and glare at him, but no-one else seems to take much notice. The ancient gnome raises a hand.

"It's all right, Goroth. He doesn't understand.

The dragonborn is correct. Especially with older dragons, their own element simply stops affecting them. Their innate elemental power is so much greater in them than anything found in nature, they are immune to it. Do not mistake Iolare - this news is troubling and will be given due consideration. But such conversations are not for you to be part of."

Tam laughs brightly when Gwen comments on how close the sanctuary is to the troubled area.

"Oh! We are very much further than that! We're also much closer."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 17, 2018 11:24 pm

"And I bet these folks here know which came first, the acid dragon or the acid river."

Varsk decides to drop it, doesn't matter right now.

He will cautiously follow the druid guides away when the rest if the group is ready.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri May 18, 2018 1:25 am

Mehr shrugs, "Perhaps they do, but for the moment we should leave the elders to their debate. I imagine it will be a lengthy one, without our interruptions."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri May 18, 2018 1:44 am

Varsk nods in agreement with Mehr.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 18, 2018 9:59 am

"Since you have bested this dragon before, perhaps you can give advice on how to deal with this threat?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat May 19, 2018 6:49 am

"We shall discuss what you have told us and speak again in due course. If you have nothing else to say, Goroth will show you where you can eat, bathe and rest tonight."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat May 19, 2018 6:51 am

"Come along, Gwen. We will gain no answers this night."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat May 19, 2018 8:21 am

((What time is it for Team Druid? How far ahead are we from Team Lizardfolk, in a temporal sense?))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat May 19, 2018 10:53 am

((almost a full day. You guys are probably about 5pm, I'll need to check on the other group but I think they're just after sunset or so.))

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sun May 20, 2018 8:30 am

Syli quietly follows their guide as well, recognizing that pushing further at this juncture would likely not lead to any further results.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sun May 20, 2018 11:23 am

"Do you know of other tribes around here? Ones which have not yet been tainted by the touch of the false god?"
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon May 21, 2018 11:08 am

Druid Group
Goroth nods and leads you away from the clearing, back through the long gully until you reach the forest on the far side. Tam, somehow, is already there waiting for you.

Continuing onwards, the forest begins to show more and more signs of habitation as the sun sets for another day. Little magical orbs of lights hang beneath the boughs of trees, attracting moths and fireflies, crickets chirp in the trees, and the sound of laughter drifts through the evening towards you, carried on the smell of sweet smoke and cooking.

In due course, you arrive at an open camp. A variety of shelters and hammocks have been built under, in and around the trees, of a range of different sizes. A young woman is sitting next to a campfire repairing a harp, and laughing at the story being told by two halfling men nearby. One is adding herbs to a cooking pot hung over the fire and the smell is delicious.

Goroth lingers at the edge of the camp.

"This is where our guests can sleep. Make yourselves comfortable and I shall find you when the elders are ready. Nowhere is off-limits, and you will be safe here wherever you wander."

-------------------

Lizard Group
"Do you know of other tribes around here? Ones which have not yet been tainted by the touch of the false god?"

Another growl.

"Yes. There are others. To the south are the Blackmaw clan. We have coexisted for many years, but never friends. To the north are others I have never-"

A deep, low-pitched horn echoes long and loud through the forest from the north and the warrior is cut off. He stares at you for a moment.

"That is the last summons. I must go back or they will know... You must run! Sleep above the ground and stay hidden. Evil things will walk these lands tonight."

He slowly moves to pick up his bow again, and takes a few cautious steps backwards and away from you towards the north.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon May 21, 2018 12:03 pm

"But we should figure we are always bein' watched? For our own protect of course."

Varsk will give Goroth a grin that is mostly just pulling a bit more of his lips from his tusks.

He looks at the woman and the halflings closely, looking for weapons and reactions to his group's arrival. As well as a count on the number of hammocks and shelters to get a feel for the size of this group.

Checking out the new folks: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18

He will move closer to the fire to get an eye on what they are cooking and how big the pot is.

"Hey, you hungry Gwen? This looks good."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon May 21, 2018 7:43 pm

"Do not simply invite yourself, Varsk. These people have worked to prepare their meal."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon May 21, 2018 10:19 pm

"Of course, how rude of me. After you boss!"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue May 22, 2018 2:32 am

Mehr rolls his eyes as he approaches the fire, "I will offer apologies for my... Less amiable companion. Do you mind sharing your fire?"
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue May 22, 2018 6:44 am

Once Mehriv tells Varsk off, Gwen responds to him in orcish. "It does look good. I am feeling peckish."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue May 22, 2018 6:59 am

Heaving a relieved sigh, I look around. "Well! That went a lot forkin' better than I had any reason to think it would!
Do we want to see if there is anything in the guardpost worth noting before we take off?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler