The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:22 pm

I am PRETTY sure we already covered that one :D

... Or maybe it came up in the Sundered Way... I don't remember. It's fine though, you'll be fine. It's fine. Everything's great. Nothing deadly can possibly come of this :)

((PS Wears - that's no problem at all. I'll keep Kal being helpful and he'll be there when you come back, hopefully feeling a bit more refreshed and less jetlagged!)).

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:28 pm

Splitting is working out great in Sundered so far!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:24 am

Isn't it just... :lol:

I'm also trying very hard not to be too meta-scared by the solo boss over there :paranoia:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:57 am

I feel like I'm going to need the first one at some point for Hunters. Maybe not any time soon, but one day. One day someone is going to do something unbelievable. More so than the Explorer Boys have already done. (Boys because Korga seems to be relatively sane so far.)
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:13 am

thinkslogically wrote:
I'm also trying very hard not to be too meta-scared by the solo boss over there :paranoia:
Tess is being plenty in character scared for the both of you... I'm half expecting her to turn around, drop the column, and ride for the Vale.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:44 am

We can blame Ulmwin or Coljin for that I think. Nem isn't a big fan of gods at the best of times, never mind meeting one. Also, she's squishy right now :lol:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:43 pm

Any actions / OOC thoughts from the stinky group?

Feel free to suggest actions for Kal too if you want to :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:24 pm

I think we've failed at figuring out anything more, I've suggested moving onward...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:58 am

Moving on sounds good, doubt we get more than vegetation might look humanoid when squinting, enough so that it warranted a satchel full of alchemist fire to get rid of it.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:41 am

Or it accidentally died after eating someone carrying a satchel of the stuff...

Could we make one last check for loot? ;)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:37 am

Yeah of course. You've got time here right now, so if you want to take your time looking at / for particular things then that's good with me.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:10 am

Since Merric is crap at searching, I'll just offer a help action to negate the disadvantage :lol:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:14 pm

I'm still not clear on what we've found. It's a partially buried animal carcass (we're sure it's an animal?) but it's got partially digested humanoids in it (because it ate them, presumably)? So there's no point in investigating the leg? And it's really unpleasant here so we're inclined to move on because we've got other things to do and it's clear enough that some giant animal devastated the place and now everyone is dead and these things happen and we don't need to know exactly what it was? And what's this about alchemist's fire? Is that something they used to kill the monster or something the monster might have produced naturally?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:28 pm

Near as I can understand - it is a giant plant monster that walked around and that probably ate someone that had a bag full of alchemist's fire. Bit worse than a Pyrrhic victory for them since they didn't survive (probably) to enjoy their victory.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:56 pm

Double post-

Nioca, I can edit my post if Syli does want to lead the group.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:58 pm

That's fine, I phrased it that way mostly because Mehriv prodded Syli to action.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:20 am

Mehr prodded Syli because she has the map, and he certainly doesn't know where they are. I could actually add rolls, but it makes sense for Mehr to not know what he's doing and everyone's far more capable. :p
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:47 am

Varsk will take the lead again then. He seems to have gotten his bearings since being lost..

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:24 pm

I'm not sure if wears is around much at the moment, so I'm just needing a vote from Theis/Merric on what to do next.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:39 pm

Sorry, thought I had posted, but I pretty much agree with spider and Merric is easily persuaded as he doesn't have any concrete clues on where his god wants him to go.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue May 22, 2018 9:11 pm

Rodgeir wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:51 pmAlso what does druidic sound like.))
It's up to Thinks, really. Personally, I picture it as sort of a harsh, simple, yet nuanced primal language, where intonation carries part of the intent and context; I was doing cipher-based translations for a while, but in my own opinion it added a layer of complexity that wasn't really needed.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed May 23, 2018 7:34 pm

Kal starts making strange random noises, almost as if he's having a seizure, as his driving consciousness comes to a sputtering halt...

Going back on autopilot. Sorry.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 24, 2018 5:50 am

No problem wears. Spider, Theis - it's up to you to decide where to go for the night. Artho and Kal can help with rolls.

Nioca- if that's how you want druidic to shine, that's fine by me. I'm more than happy for you guys to add those sorts of details to the world as we go.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 24, 2018 6:21 am

I was mostly wondering if it was anything like any other language or if it sounded like squirrels chittering so Varsk could mutter about it :).

I picture (hear?) orcish as very throaty/barky and spit throwing, Elvish as smooth and flowing, dwarven as having more syllabic groupings (like Mor-ad-in) but being pretty smooth still.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue May 29, 2018 8:03 pm

You know, I had intended Syli (in base form) to be the stealthy, acrobatic sort, but now I'm starting to wonder if ninja druids able to appear from nowhere are just the norm in the Archipelago-verse. :lol: