The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:42 pm

spiderwrangler wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:46 am You potentially get access to Shapechange.

Locked out of Archdruid at this point, not that planning for level 20 is all that productive.
Woo! Now all Maji needs to do is see his better kin. I hope since the spell says see that means Maji doesn't have to eat them! :lol:

Eh I might be locked out of Archdruid, but I have more survivability in earlier levels.

Giant Elk does sound insane! So are you are at least level 6 then? If so what feat did you take?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:53 pm

Yeah, level 6. I took ASI rather than a feat, bumped my WIS to 18.

In game, the meks were build by goblins to assist the dwarves, who were dwindling due to low reproduction rates. A goblin built a code into their programming that allowed him to control all of the meks, and they rose up against their dwarven masters 200 yrs ago and slew most of them. Meks in current day are either still attempting to follow old programming, or are 'enlightened' and more self aware (like robots in Fallout). My character is small, only about 5ft tall, and speaks with a 'dwarven' accent. Their master didn't want a big mek looming over him.
► Show Spoiler
tl;dr - Spend the last 169 years after killing their dwarven master sealed within the trunk of a hollow yew tree, being infused with nature magics. Their beasts also have metal accents (claws, antlers, etc.).

Also ended up with a sword that the evil druid had that lets me use a longsword with WIS as attack and damage modifier... Means that for an 8 STR character, they should be fairly potent in combat even in their mek form. If they get knocked out of beast shape, I still have a mek with AC 18 and 50+ HP that can swing a longsword at them at +7 to hit and 1d8+4 damage.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:58 am

thinkslogically wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:44 am O rly? :lol: well we'll just have to find a bunch of wizard shit that only she can do :D
But can you ever learn to cast two spells at once? Granted one of those spells is centered on me and causes plenty of fire damage or confusion.. :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:49 am

Lol no, but you wont be able to summon up Leomund's Tiny Hut for comfy naps either :)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:15 am

But I can summon a unicorn! That beats a comfy nap! Till the unicorn attacks me for associating with Maji >:?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:26 am

:lol: we could just combine forces and have a Leomunds tiny hut floating on tensors floating disc, being pulled behind a unicorn that's being ridden by Nem to keep things moving :lol:

Holger can ride in the hut / on the disc throwing spells and being generally fabulous :D

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:18 pm

Theis2 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:15 am But I can summon a unicorn! That beats a comfy nap! Till the unicorn attacks me for associating with Maji >:?
It does not know Maji's alignment! Detect evil/good is a misnomer, it's detect supernatural (more or less). Also Maji could poly into one...though that would be a waste when he could instead poly into a dragon.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:47 pm

The unicorn would probably get grumpy after you try to eat it...

The problem with polymorphing yourself into something attention grabbing in a combat situation is that it's a concentration spell, and if you're drawing more attacks, you're needing to pass more checks. Getting your concentration knocked out while the target of your spell is 100 ft up would be bad either way, but at least of you poly someone else, you're not the one taking falling damage. :chuckle:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:01 pm

spiderwrangler wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:47 pm The unicorn would probably get grumpy after you try to eat it...

The problem with polymorphing yourself into something attention grabbing in a combat situation is that it's a concentration spell, and if you're drawing more attacks, you're needing to pass more checks. Getting your concentration knocked out while the target of your spell is 100 ft up would be bad either way, but at least of you poly someone else, you're not the one taking falling damage. :chuckle:
He won't try to eat it unless it tries to attack him.
So what your saying is that I should transform Zephyr into an imp? :lol: Actually scratch that she doesn't deserve imp...how about Lemure instead...

Or he can just Poly someone else into a dragon.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:11 pm

Needs to recruit some village kid you can send into battle for you...

Of course, you're then limited to pretty minor forms... Need your devoted minion to go grind some levels so you can turn him into fun stuff.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:29 am

Sounds more like he needs to found a religion if he wants to get the level of devotion and number of minions needed. The Church of Maji? Everyone takes a vow of silence and eat only road kill?

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:14 pm

Couple of clues there about Randy's history in his little rant....provided you can make the history check. ;)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:23 pm

Maji will gladly make one of the orcs a personal chew toy! >:D

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:04 am

Sorry pace of updates has slowed, that might be the case for the next week or two. My department is hosting a national conference that I'll be attending (largely held in the building my office and labs are in, so very convenient). In addition, the summer semester is starting to wrap up, so I have a bunch of grading to catch up/stay on top of while the conference is going on. Might mean I don't have as much time, but will try to update when I can!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:00 am

No worries! Be honest, things have been pretty busy my side as well. Getting ready to close down the current clinic location and move to two new facilities in the next 5 months. I've been tagged to go to a smaller office for about a year in a different city, which means I'll be renting an apartment during the work week and commuting home on weekends. :roll: Yea, whoopee. Means that for most of the week, my access is going to be strictly daytime. Don't see the sense of making a second internet account just for occasional night access. I'll let you know when it happens.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:12 am

((No problem. Things are going to be much the same for me soon too because I've got a job change in the offing :) ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:21 am

That sounds rough Lurks, not sure I'd be able to manage that sort of work life. Hopefully the firewall there allows images!

Thinks, your job change still stateside, or you shipping off?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:48 am

Still stateside, still Florida :) I'm switching to an asst. prof role which came up while I was in the right place at the right time. It's not official yet, but it should be kicking off in the next couple of months or so once it's run the HR and legal gauntlet.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:32 pm

spiderwrangler wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:21 am That sounds rough Lurks, not sure I'd be able to manage that sort of work life. Hopefully the firewall there allows images!

Thinks, your job change still stateside, or you shipping off?
Eh, life with the Feds. They say "Jump", I say "How high?" It's temporary and gets me around arguing with my former employer about whether noncompetes apply to federal employees (They don't. It's considered interfering with the operation of a federal agency, but I'd be tied up with the court case instead of doing my job). Also, I don't have enough seniority yet to buck the decisions from the mothership in Fayetteville. The good news is, it's temporary and the office they actually want me for is only about a mile from my house. Hell, I might even qualify for some moving expenses when I come back. It'll be far enough.
Unfortunately, firewall is going to be the same. I'll have a smart phone with me, so I might be able to find some wifi hot spot and check maps that way. I try to stay off the data stream for the most part because I share the account with my son.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:23 am

Going to have hit or miss access internet (probably) until around the middle July starting on Thursday. If I end up holding the game up feel free to control Dornikal a bit!

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:16 am

Coljin SO wants to upgrade to plate mail like that orc has...Oh wait. Size. Spork.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:23 am

He can wear a sleeve and call it good :)

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:28 am

Actually, we need to travel to the elven forests soon. One, seeing a forest again would make Coljin happy. Two. Elvish chain! Your cleric will no longer be a clanking beacon for every baddy.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:09 am

fairly sure you need permission to turn a party member into something without their permission

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:18 am

I'm confused Badge. What?