The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:09 pm

If Maji hasn't had his mask identified by now, that's on him. :roll: The other two items... Yeah, probably stuff we missed because we had no easy means to identify back then.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:11 pm

I think we've done Maji's wooden mask, but the screaming mask at least seems to have been forgotten.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Yea, we forgot about the screaming mask. :lol: not even sure if it's Maji's.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:20 pm

I wonder if even Spider still has the notes on those by this point... :lol:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:22 pm

Lol. The only references to the chalice and vial of thick liquid is in a post I made aaaaages ago about how they're not ID'd :)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:33 pm

:lol: well then I am glad I asked! I thought maybe I had just missed the chalice and vial. The mask just kind of disappeared.

Makes me wonder if there was anything not even on the loot page floating around. :shrug:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:38 pm

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if there was an item or two from back at the blights or even the gnome dungeon we completely forgot about- Management of items while we were still dealing with "We have magic items but got no clue what they do, and hence who to give em to" was... Bothersome. There's a reason I decided to pick it up post-haste. :P

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:52 pm

I'd almost forgot about the scroll that Randy picked up. Should be usable now that everyone has some spell caster ability. Randy obviously has the mini nuke, and he used the burned claw (and gave the resultant halberd to Galt). I seem to remember there being a crystal with some gold wire in it? But is that what Tess used?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:54 pm

Yeah, I think badge has been pretty good on record keeping for us, but remembering to ID group items hasn't been our strong suit haha!

M0rt, did you have Ulmwin do a Detect Magic walk-through yet or was that for later? Spider specifically mentioned a pitcher at some point in here, and I wondered OOC if it was a pitcher of endless water (or whatever the real name is). If there's something like that in here it'd explain how the orcs lasted with poisoned wells and so many of them.

Incidentally, if Dornikal and co killed a bunch of orcs already, did we find those corpses anywhere?

Lurks, what was Randy's scroll?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:02 pm

Yeah, I had Ulmwin do detect magic earlier and do a walk through the entire cavern earlier... He should have noticed anything of the sorts, I'm pretty sure.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:04 pm

Cool stuff, cheers :)

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:10 pm

Lessor Restoration.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:18 pm

Nice one. Don't suppose you've got like 7? We might get rid of the snake curse :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:28 pm

Couldn't Coljin prepare remove curse? :shifty:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:32 pm

Sadly it's a 3rd level spell, so he can't cast it until hes a 5th level cleric.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:54 pm

Lesser restoration is second level though, right? If you think it might "cure" us, could be worth a try... :P

But yeah, once we deal with this cook, we'd probably ought to settle which direction we want to end up going... I think Ulwin would personally vote to go back West for now- The East just really sounds like it's not a nice place to be this time of year, and he wants to go somewhere least likely to have them assaulted for committing crimes against self-proclaimed snake gods.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:57 pm

Unfortunately, lessor restoration is a second level ranger spell, so Randy can't learn it until he's 5th level. Coljin might get it earlier. I don't think it'll remove curses, just single effects.

Someone was making noises about heading to the forest lands to the south at one time?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:33 pm

The well you camped at last night was good, they've poisoned, by the former prisoner's account, the next week's worth of so into the desert.

You guys do have a resource that most caravans, including Szartha's, can't afford... Someone on payroll to cast create water on a daily basis.

As for items, I may have record, but I'd any one can link me to a page, some of those don't ring any bells.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:36 pm

Coljin can cast LR, but I don't think it'll actually help us now I've looked it up.

What's the problem with going East? Nem isn't one for backtracking and I'd like to get to a city for some studying / Mafia time. Nem picked up the weird mafia dagger in the plant ruins and will be wanting to investigate that a bit at some point.

Edit: I'm on my phone right now, but if no one else has dug through up by the time I'm back at a computer I'll pull them up.

Edit 2: we also have goodberries from Maji so we don't need to worry about food/water at all.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:41 pm

Problems with going East:

>All water wells leading toward it are poisoned
>Rumors about war/general instability (I mean, some of that might be good for adventurers... Ending up in the middle of a potential civil war probably not)
>I'm pretty sure at least somewhere in the region is where the snake people live, who will hate our guts if they see our curse?

We should probably discuss this IC though, and you'd be welcome to try and convince Ulmwin :P

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:45 pm

Oh ok, cool. I think Nem found out a bunch of info on all that stuff (except for the Create Water thing). I'll look it up and post IC.

Right now, I'm just waiting on something happening with this orcish chef of ours. Once that's resolved we can decide what happens next I guess.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:18 pm

All right, here we go on loot:

Copper chalice with silver inlay (No idea if it's actually magical or not): Only mentioned once that I can see; was part of the loot from the Mouther caves.

Screaming bronze mask: Found in the Elder / Tree Blight thing ((Same link as below))

Vial of thick liquid: Found in the Elder / Tree Blight thing ((Same link as above))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:59 pm

Sorry, had the link to the last two items open but didn't think to post it before I went to sleep.

As far as going East, the only thing Dornikal has said about that, beyond the posioned wells, was that there were a lot of snakes and it was hot to the south. He also thought people were weird there. He mentioned that further north things were less hot.

I would refer you to the map from page 1 to get an idea of the layout of the city-states. The group has already heard that Krelpo is snaky and warm. The group also knows about some unrest in Krovesh. Both of these are to the south. The naked gnome also had some clues about Esmont's lord.

Once things calm down the group can probably quiz the slaves about the cities to get a fuller understanding.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:54 am

What do you mean by snakes? Yuan ti, or monsters?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:03 am

Pretty sure all types of snakes and monster version can see we are bad news. That's at least Holgers assumption thus far and he has mentioned that What he thinks the curse does.

I think it is yuan ti in krelpo
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread