The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:29 pm

"And how much I long for Elven grace, beauty and longivity. I should inform you that we have others in our group, looking into the lizard cult as well. Would your generous blessing pass onto them as well? And will you teach us how to come and go to and from this lovely place?

You are powerful, truely generous, wise beings. We only require supplies which will help our safety while we go upon this quest."

Persuade: 1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7

...the dice hate us, huh?

Edit! I forgot the advantage!

Persuade: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:34 pm

"How many more are there? Do not worry, we shall teach you how to return."

((I forgot too - Varsk can roll the 2nd dice if you'd like))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:37 pm

((exactly the same roll :roll: ))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:59 pm

Mehr nods, "Any assistance you are willing to volunteer is appreciated. As for our other companions, there are three of them."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:28 am

Druid Group

"Seven, then? Very well."

The stone-like giant creature begins to stir slowly and unclasps his hands from his lap and holds them out to the waiting group. In his hand he is holding a collection of smooth, colourful pebbles.

"Take one of these for each of your group. When you wish to use it, close your hand around the stone, place your other palm on the bark of a full-grown tree, and speak the words: "I seek shelter." Any language will suffice, it is the meaning of the words that matters, not the words themselves."

"We have few friends left in Gors wyd, but there is one who still lives there who may be willing to help you. Tam can help you reach him if you so desire. He is old now, but knows those lands better than anyone. Be kind to him if you meet him, he has been alone out there for a great many years."

-----------------------------------------------------

Lizard Group

Korrik gathers everything of interest together in the little hut, and the group wait for the effects of Merric's paralysis to wear off. Over the course of about an hour, you can see the movement start to come back to him, starting with his hands, feet and eyes, and eventually spreading to the rest of hims limbs and trunk. He looks terrible ((Merric has 1HP)).

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:06 am

Varsk walks up and grabs the stones,

"Thanks."

He hands one to Gwen and five to Mehr,

"Here you go, boss. May I suggest we find our druid and get back to saving those people?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:21 am

Mehr accepts the five stones from Varsk, then bows to the elders, "Thank you greatly for your assistance. We will tell you of whatever we can learn."

"Yes, Varsk, we should. The first step, after collecting Syli, will be contacting this remaining friend of the druids."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:36 am

"Pretty sure Tam knows the guy. Least he talked about him. I can go check with Tam if you two want to look in the woods? Kinda built a rapport ((cus French is a language in this world right)) will the little nudest."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:23 am

((Tam certainly knows the guy, considering the Elders told us to have him introduce us. :p))
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:20 am

((They said Tam can help us reach him, not quite the same as knowing him.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:56 am

Druid Group

"Thank you greatly for your assistance. We will tell you of whatever we can learn."
"Here you go, boss. May I suggest we find our druid and get back to saving those people?"
"Yes, Varsk, we should. The first step, after collecting Syli, will be contacting this remaining friend of the druids."
"Pretty sure Tam knows the guy. Least he talked about him. I can go check with Tam if you two want to look in the woods? Kinda built a rapport will the little nudest."

"Good luck. And please, do not take needless risks in this pursuit. Even if this is not Ash'Karoth, he was a brutal, sadistic creature and his followers were brutal in their dedication to him. If these lizardfolk are truly acting in his memory, they may pose a far more dangerous threat than usual. Be careful.

"Is there anything else you wish to know before you leave?"

Lizard Group

By the time Merric is back on his feet, Artho and Kal have managed to haul the little canoe out of the water, made a couple of minor fixes and are inspecting it as it floats.

Artho looks up as the halflings emerge from the hut (with whatever you'd like to bring with you):
"This looks in good enough shape to carry the four of us at least. We'll need to keep an eye on it as we go, but it's better than swimming."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:34 am

"I can think of nothing else we will need to know. Gwen? Varsk? Anything?"
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:36 am

"Nope, not that I can think of."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:33 am

"Me either."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:34 am

Druid Group

The pair nod.

"Very well. We shall await your return."
"Go well. Stay safe."

The giant stone-like creature raises a hand and waggles his fingers at the group.

"Bye bye."

------------------------

Syli, for her part, spends a happy morning chasing through the trees and practising with her new jaguar and panther forms until she can't maintain them any more. Still, despite the tiredness in her muscles, she feels like the exercise has done her a power of good, and she feels stronger for it as the pair walk back to the campsite in their humanoid forms.

As they walk, Rue offers her a goodberry and the conversation turns to other forms of druidic magic beyond shapeshifting. It is apparent that Rue is a little more adept at druidic magic than Syli herself (but not nearly as good as Syli's old master). However, where her old master took a fairly hard approach to tutoring, Rue is rather more patient with her explanations, despite not being a particularly natural teacher. Syli tries to follow the spells that Rue demonstrates but has the annoying feeling that even though this place is alive with magic, she can't quite grab hold of it.

"You're forcing it. Don't do that. It's more like... water, is what the elders told me. You can't grab it or shove it around - all you can do is nudge it in the direction you'd like it to go and hope it doesn't wash you away. Not that it will, I mean. That's a stupid thing to say, sorry. Yeah, don't worry about that. You're stronger than you think! It'll be fine."

Another half hour or so of fruitless attempts follows, until finally, FINALLY, Syli manages to figure out what Rue means. It requires a lighter touch than she expected, but manages to replicate the Barkskin spell that Rue is demonstrating. It takes a hell of a lot of focus to maintain it, but once she is able to relax a bit, she finds she can hold the spell in her mind easily enough and still focus on other tasks. Like walking and talking.

As usual, Rue walks to the edge of the camp before saying her goodbyes and returning to the forest.

"See you around, Syli!"

Returning to the campsite, Syli finds the others arriving with Gorock. Tam is still fast asleep on a bed of thick, soft moss at the base of his tree. He looks the picture of comfort.

Syli is now level 3! - Go ahead and roll for HP. You need a long rest to get over the effects of your practice from today, but then you can go ahead and use those lovely level 2 spell slots.

((I was thinking about letting all of you guys roll for L3 HP now, but I think for simplicity we'll level up for everything at once to make encounter balancing just that little bit easier for me :lol: ))

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:02 am

Syli Hit Dice Roll (1d8+1): 3

((I'll get an actual post up later tonight, got work beckoning))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:30 am

((No problem - but since you rolled low, you can go ahead and take the average instead (5 + CON mod) ))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:50 am

Not unfriendly like Varsk calls,

"Hey Tam, wake up! We are goin' to head out as soon..."

Varsk spots Syli,

"Right now."

"Gorock, you know the name of the druid we are goin' to meet? The old one that lives in the acid swamp area? Gores Wid I think the elders called it."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:08 am

Tam grumbles and rolls over.

Gorock shakes his big head.

"I didn't hear your conversation with the elders, but there aren't any old druids living in the ruined swamp these days."

He thinks a moment and looks between Varsk and Tam.

"Oh! You mean the old fellow Tam knows? Nah. I'm not even sure he has one, or would remember it if he did. Only met him the once, when Tam dragged me along. Strange old fellow he was, but decent. Just... really old. He's been alone out there for a long while but he seems to manage well enough. I don't know why he hasn't ever left that damned place though."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:40 am

Merric will take his own look at what is inside the hut and the items found

Merric investigation: 1D20+3 = [14]+3 = 17
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:04 am

((Korrik will definitely be taking the shackles and key. There were some other vials of stuff... not gonna put my thumb on them, but probably spider venom and worth taking.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:20 am

((do you want Merric to take a look at anything before you put them away?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:25 am

"Hey Merric, you feeling up to taking a look at this?", I ask, extending the shackles.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:35 am

Merric gets back to his feet and groggily takes a look around the little hut. It seems that Korrik and the others have done a pretty good job of pulling out the most interesting things though, and he turns his attention to the pile of goods:

Slick gloves & apron;
Eight pools of fine thread
Spider shackles [fit on small-size creatures] with key
Six unmarked potions (4 are pale, clear blue; 2 are a thick opalescent colour)
Nearly-empty Demijohn of more pale-blue potion
Box of rotten spider eggs

((Let me know what you'd like to look at / for; I'll take separate rolls for each thing on the list))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:03 pm

Varsk sighs heavily,

"Well since only you and Tam here have names it is pretty difficult to pinpoint which guy for sure but ya, that guy sounds right."

Varsk goes over and nudges Tam a bit with his boot,

"Hey Tam, you said you would tree magic us somewhere. It's go time."

If that doesn't work he will lean in and say loudly,

"The Elders will it!"