30 Aug 2018 - Do It For Her

Discuss the comic here!
Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

30 Aug 2018 - Do It For Her

Post by Glemp » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:32 am

https://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-20-2018

Man, Complains is not gonna like it if MM tries transitioning to a leader.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: 30 Aug 2018 - Do It For Her

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:19 am

So, Fumbles can read the word "Parchment" without problems, but familiar is to hard for him? :D
I would have assumed the other way around...
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:21 am

I half-called Thaco's line!
BuildsLegos wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:54 pmNow I hope Thaco will say something to the effect of, "We're doing this for the serpent-girl, the human just wants it the most. DEAL with it."
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:13 am

Congrats Legos.

I totally d'awwwed when I saw Fumbles holding onto Minmax's hand.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:21 am

BuildsLegos wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:21 am I half-called Thaco's line!
BuildsLegos wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:54 pmNow I hope Thaco will say something to the effect of, "We're doing this for the serpent-girl, the human just wants it the most. DEAL with it."
I was hunting through the thread for that, I should have just started at the beginning... :wall:

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:19 am

Wolfie wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:13 amI totally d'awwwed when I saw Fumbles holding onto Minmax's hand.
I'm worried. Fumbles looks sympathetic, rather than determined or hopeful. Is Fumbles attempting to comfort Minmax in advance for a pain he saw in his vision?
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:21 am

I love Fumbles being Fumbles in these pages.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Inspired
Game Master

Post by Inspired » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:10 pm

GathersIngredients wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:19 am So, Fumbles can read the word "Parchment" without problems, but familiar is to hard for him? :D
I would have assumed the other way around...
You could say that word was ...

8)

unfamiliar to him ...

On a more serious note I don't get why he wuld stutter there either. Maybe it's a foreshadowing?
aka LooksAndSmiles, or L&S for short.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:33 pm

He fumbled his reading check. I'm sure it's a thing... to some DM ... somewhere.

It does fit his character though. :)
Davis8488 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:19 am
Wolfie wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:13 amI totally d'awwwed when I saw Fumbles holding onto Minmax's hand.
I'm worried. Fumbles looks sympathetic, rather than determined or hopeful. Is Fumbles attempting to comfort Minmax in advance for a pain he saw in his vision?
I think he looks trusting. It reminds me of a toddler holding onto a parent's hand.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:09 pm

So, a new quest for our party...
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Formaltide
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Formaltide » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:23 pm

Krulle wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:09 pm So, a new quest for our party...
And hopefully some more dungeon shenanigans! Despite a lot of events happening so far in the dungeon, I feel like I haven't really gotten a grasp of what it's about yet. And I'm really looking forward to it because I feel that Thunt really captures the romantic mystery and reward elements of dungeon crawling that I see sorely absent in many real RPG games.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:51 pm

Wolfie wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:33 pm
I think he looks trusting. It reminds me of a toddler holding onto a parent's hand.
I was thinking the same thing. He looks like he should be sucking his thumb. :lol:

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:41 pm

It reminds me that, at some point in the X-Men movie timeline, Peter Dinklage adopts Michael Clark Duncan, who was probably the taller one before starting middle school.

Does anybody remember Fumbles' Item Enchanter? We haven't seen it since...holy crap, April of last year; but it'll come in real handy if he's the last one to step off the I.M.E. fog generators.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:28 am

BTW, before I forget to put the links in the correct post:

Here's a whole bunch of sketches for the last panel:
sketch of last panel [tweet source] (Fumbles without Coat! - for all you ladies out there!)
#ThacoThursday sketch of Thaco in last panel
#FumblesFriday sketches of Fumbles in last panel (showing progress of image)

Dradouggon
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Dradouggon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:15 am

Hate to say it but this scene screams transition.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:42 am

BuildsLegos wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:41 pm It reminds me that, at some point in the X-Men movie timeline, Peter Dinklage adopts Michael Clark Duncan, who was probably the taller one before starting middle school.

Does anybody remember Fumbles' Item Enchanter? We haven't seen it since...holy crap, April of last year; but it'll come in real handy if he's the last one to step off the I.M.E. fog generators.
I was thinking that he poured it on his cloak, and that's how he was able to leap up into the mess of Teller imprints: https://goblinscomic.com/comic/05172017-2

But the flames weren't on when he made that jump, and the cloak came from the wall - IIRC Krulle posted its description.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:28 am

http://www.goblinscomic.org/04032017-2/ :

Wall of Knowledge: Item Enchanter: Leviate
Wall of Knowledge: This single use potion can permanently enchant an item, causing that item to grant limited bursts of `levitation' to any individual in contact with it. This potion is meant to be poured onto a wearable item like a rind, so that it can be easily kept in contact with the individual. While levitating, the enchanted item will ignite into magical flames that don't radiate any heat.

And sorry, can't currently find the coat description that quickly.... (and cannot remember if I posted it... )
Last edited by Krulle on Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:35 am

Krulle wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:28 am http://www.goblinscomic.org/04032017-2/ :

Wall of Knowledge: Item Enchanter: Leviate
Wall of Knowledge: This single use potion can permanently enchant an item, causing that item to grant limited bursts of `levitation' to any individual in contact with it. This potion is meant to be poured onto a wearable item like a rind, so that it can be easily kept in contact with the individual. While levitating, the enchanted item will ignite into magical flames that don't radiate any heat.
I think you mean 'ring' :D
Also, do you have a description for the cloak? I think it came from Twitter.

EDIT: Ah-ha! viewtopic.php?p=235092#p235092

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:41 am

My edit got ninja'ed by you. And yes, I meant ring...
And I'll have to add the information about the shadowcloak to the transcriptions...

Thanks.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:17 pm

I think that last panel would make some nice wallpaper for people who are into that sort of thing.

Formaltide
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Formaltide » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:22 pm

Dradouggon wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:15 am Hate to say it but this scene screams transition.
I don't hate it! I'm actually very curious about what's happening with the others. I actually expected Kin and Minmax's predicament to resolve much, much later, so it was already a treat for me to have her pop back in so soon after their separation.

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:34 am

Dradouggon wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:15 am Hate to say it but this scene screams transition.
Now would be a good time to cut to Dies Horribly' group for a year or so. I mean, when was even the last time we seen them? That cliffhanger though...

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:18 am

RocketScientist wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:17 pm I think that last panel would make some nice wallpaper for people who are into that sort of thing.
That would indeed make a nice and likely quick Patreon bonus......

It's a very merchandisable pose.....

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:26 am

One thing that stuck out to me on this page is Minmax in frames 2 & 3. I imagine how he looks from the side standing like this, sticking his butt out to balance. And then between the frames he scoots closer to Fumbles.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:26 am

Krulle wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:18 am
RocketScientist wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:17 pm I think that last panel would make some nice wallpaper for people who are into that sort of thing.
That would indeed make a nice and likely quick Patreon bonus......

It's a very merchandisable pose.....
Was that a bonus page? I've never seen it before.