She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

13th November 2018 - Bullheaded

Post by Wolfie » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:37 pm

Permalink: http://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-27-2018

Yay! Who called it?

Edit to add: On Oct 30, 2018
LarsenSan wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:25 am Calling it now: stone is its negative.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Shardstorm
Of Few Words

Re: 13th November 2018 - Bullheaded

Post by Shardstorm » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:52 pm

Love that last panel.

My first thought was why didn't Buzz just stab down over and over, but I guess it's possible it doesn't really have feeling through it's legs, what with it presumably having an exoskeleton due to the bug associations, so didn't know it hit the mark.

Idle seems like she's taken the hit pretty well. Forgath can heal that up easily enough. Little worried we *still* haven't heard from Bowst. If they find him he'll either be in a bad way, or pissed that they didn't come to him after he got wrecked.
- ANZ based gamer and reader.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:00 pm

You know Forgath's pissed when he's breaking out spells other than Summon Monster 1...
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Formaltide
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Formaltide » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:07 pm

Wait if his negative is stone, why is Buzz standing on a giant rock?

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:12 pm

But then if that's true, the moment it reached into the hole must suggest some sort of higher defense against [negative] than Senior and Junior had. They would react to their negatives like it was an acid, but this thing needs to be smashed with it.

Also, how nice that Forgath's lost helmet has been incorporated into his I.M.E.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:20 pm

Welp. Idle is -pissed- at that thing. Not that I blame her.

(I'm still waiting to find out why a Klik whoose positive is wood and whoose negative is stone would take a bite of a magical axe, or what else the deal is with him.)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Arrow
Whispers Softly

Post by Arrow » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:26 pm

GathersIngredients wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:20 pm (I'm still waiting to find out why a Klik whoose positive is wood and whoose negative is stone would take a bite of a magical axe, or what else the deal is with him.)
I am wondering about that as well. My guess is that after a click is warped by consuming shapeshift item, the positive and negative of the click are randomized.

rwstyles
Whispers Softly

Post by rwstyles » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:36 pm

That is a huge bit of information! And with a Dwarf around.

rwstyles
Whispers Softly

Post by rwstyles » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:40 pm

Formaltide wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:07 pm Wait if his negative is stone, why is Buzz standing on a giant rock?
I don't think he is. The tunnel is mostly dirt. Since dirt is made of crushed rock, the assumption that he needs to be hit with a rock might be correct.

stormless
Remains Silent

Post by stormless » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:54 pm

I felt so nerdy getting excited when a character said "Herbert! Bull Strength!" (In a good way) :)

Shardstorm
Of Few Words

Post by Shardstorm » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:56 pm

All of our in knowledge for positive and negatives comes from Metallic type Klik's yeah? It might be their natural shape shifting makes them more sensitive to their negatives? Or that Klik's negative was blood, which as a fluid has a different effect to stone, as a solid.
- ANZ based gamer and reader.

LarsenSan
Mutters to Themself

Post by LarsenSan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:11 pm

He, it seems I was right. After all, after been hit with that stone its "flesh" wrapped and became green-ish, also, it's screaming in pain.

AXIS
Of Few Words

Post by AXIS » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:51 pm

ahh

That's why Idle crawling into the cave felt like bullshit.

It's forced plotting to force the "stone reveal"

Bummer, Thunt is usually a better writer than that.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:29 am

AXIS wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:51 pm ahh

That's why Idle crawling into the cave felt like bullshit.

It's forced plotting to force the "stone reveal"

Bummer, Thunt is usually a better writer than that.
Yeah. She could just have thrown something at it. Instead we have a narrow tunnel with a little hole in a sudden cliff situation.

Gasp! A dead end! Stabwound in tummy. Ouch! Go away! throw REEEEEE! Klik! My face! Klik! realization

Like it is at the moment I am not really sure why she came to that conclusion. Is breaking the stabby thing a significant wound? Did they have problem hurting it before? I mean, Bowst sword also made a pretty large gash in it.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:44 am

BuildsLegos wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:12 pm But then if that's true, the moment it reached into the hole must suggest some sort of higher defense against [negative] than Senior and Junior had. They would react to their negatives like it was an acid, but this thing needs to be smashed with it.

Also, how nice that Forgath's lost helmet has been incorporated into his I.M.E.
That wiki I found said biological kliks are less reactive to both positives and negatives. Thunt said it somewhere.

Pink Bunny
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Pink Bunny » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:27 am

I dunno. Someone who was literally shape-shifted into part rabbit fleeing into a hole during her fight or flight reflex after already trying to fight via overkill doesn't seem that far fetched to me. Her managing to hold said limb to smash it if anything was the part that seemed a bit surprising. Even with adrenaline it just feels like it would massively outscope her in strength.

But eh.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:33 am

Pink Bunny wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:27 am I dunno. Someone who was literally shape-shifted into part rabbit fleeing into a hole during her fight or flight reflex after already trying to fight via overkill doesn't seem that far fetched to me. Her managing to hold said limb to smash it if anything was the part that seemed a bit surprising. Even with adrenaline it just feels like it would massively outscope her in strength.

But eh.
Yes. It's wierd. We already seen Buzz throw Bowst through several tree trunks, smash several more while running through them, stab through skin and flesh without any backdrop and throw Forgath so he plows up a ditch as he lands. Through vegetation, roots and dirt. Like he was a sharp plow pulled by an ox. Buzz has a sky high strength.

And why she went "rock smash!" instead of casting a spell at it.
Last edited by Generic on Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lightning Lance
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Lightning Lance » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:11 am

From last page's thread:
Lightning Lance wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:21 pm It doesn't look like it's negative is stone.
Oops :lol: . Guess I came to that conclusion too quickly. I thought it would be more scared of the cave but I guess not.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:16 am

Lightning Lance wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:11 am From last page's thread:
Lightning Lance wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:21 pm It doesn't look like it's negative is stone.
Oops :lol: . Guess I came to that conclusion too quickly. I thought it would be more scared of the cave but I guess not.
Don't be ashamed. All negatives we seen in comic has had violent reactions on touch. Thunt might have mentioned a weaker reaction somewhere, but what is established is this:
► Show Spoiler

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:58 am

Actually, all of Buzz's strength came from the hive-shell; these tendrils are different.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:27 am

@Krulle
Generic wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:44 am That wiki I found said biological kliks are less reactive to both positives and negatives. Thunt said it somewhere.
@BuildsLegos: I agree. The massive strength was shown in the arms around Buzz, not necessarily the internal tendrils. Besides, after that massive hit that Idle got him with, I wouldn't be surprised if his strength is reduced due to brittleness or pain.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:12 am

Hi, Wolfie.
Why did you highlight that quote from Generic for me?

You want me tofind the pages?

Maybe, maybe in his blog post about thuntonion lore, #2: Kliks
http://goblinscomic.com/blog/thuntonian ... iks-part-1, or in the continuation
http://goblinscomic.com/blog/thuntonian ... iks-part-2

No time now to check if it's really in there.... Gotta feed my critters.

[edit]
http://goblinscomic.com/blog/thuntonian-lore-2-kliks-part-1 wrote:3. Organic
Organic kliks are the most diverse. They can be made of skin, claws, plant matter (wood, leaves), insect legs, spider webbing, hair, teeth... this means that they can sometimes be kind of gross or terrifying to look at. Organic kliks aren't as strongly affected by their positives/negatives. While their positive can take hours instead of seconds, to heal their wounds, their negative will not be as damaging to them as it is with other forms.
[/Edit]
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:52 am

Remember that we know this story arc is supposed to end in tragedy. The death of Idle wouldn't be all that tragic, since she's had so much chance to reconcile herself to the idea of death, even though it has never been permanent. But now Forgath is going into melee combat with the warped Klik, which we know carries the risk of him becoming warped himself. Potentially becoming something just as bad as Kore. "I'm willing to die, but you can't have my soul"...Kliks don't always have souls, and becoming a warped Klik himself might destroy Forgath's soul.
Generic wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:33 am And why she went "rock smash!" instead of casting a spell at it.
Same reason she said "You are gross!" She's been viscerally affected (literally) and is not making all her strategic choices based on cold calculus.

PrismCat21
Remains Silent

Post by PrismCat21 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:29 am

Shouldn't it be "Bull's Strength"? Instead of Bull Strength?

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:49 pm

Krulle wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:12 am Hi, Wolfie.
Why did you highlight that quote from Generic for me?

You want me tofind the pages?
Nope. I was tired this morning and tagged the wrong person. My apologies.