PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Theis2 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:14 am

Drake takes a good look at one of the golbats before letting Nox help out any of the others.

Nox will use helping hand if anyone attempts to hit more than one target, otherwise wait for scraps to act and boost him.

Drake pokemaniac: 5d6 = [5, 5, 4, 3, 1] = 18
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:30 am

What, you don't enjoy a fight? Scraps, Water Pulse the Crobat!

Scraps gives a valiant effort, but unfortunately misses. Meanwhile, Bruce gains what information he can on the Crobat.

Accuracy=3
Power=50

Pokemaniac=19
► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:13 am

Seeing how badly the Charjabug was injured from the fall, Izzy winces sympathetically. Keeping her movements slow, she cautiously approaches and takes out her first aid kit.

"Heeey there. You're a brave little guy, aren't you?"

Charm: 21
Medicine: 11

Assuming they let her do it, the Charjabug regains 11hp. She also tries to examine the Charjabug, to guess how many injuries it suffered from the impact.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:37 am

Yeah, several of you broke free by your own efforts. Irene chimed in though not paying much attention to the bugs since she was busy trying to calm down Cygnus.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:33 pm

Haley

"Phht please. She could have told you, or since she's a coworker ye'd know that'd be her most likely thin' ta do when meetin new peoples, ye can be psychic, you could be her."

"I'm not talking about just puttying you to sleep. Hell, even YOU can do that- I'm talking about what happens in them, yeah..? But, whatever."

Or most likely you've been watchin' me."

"Hey- Gotta stay secure, make sure nothing happens, right..?"
Haley's double speaks up with a mild grin.

"And what is infront of me is a monitor and we are video chatting. Also I saw that idol in a vent, unable to get to it."

Her double seems to pause, instead just turning into a slight grimace.

"You know, the game stops being fun when you stop playing along..."

"Ugh... Pretty much everyone that's come through here managed to figure things out!"

"I'm... Not sure how you figured anything out if you think those two idols are the same, though.

► Show Spoiler
Bjorn

Confirming he understands, the battle starts...

(Let me know what pokemon you're starting with)

Drake, Bruce

Frost starts off by hitting two of the zubat straight off, injuring them, but not knocking them out... The crobat then immediately confusing it.

Drake meanwhile figures out what he can about one of the golbat... Figuring the first one is lvl 22, hardy, with inner focus and insomnia.

Max, meanwhile, helps finish off one of the zubat.

Then a bunch of bats get to attack, however- Most instinctively retaliating with a barrage of confuse rays... All of them hitting, leaving Max, Isabella, Nox, Scraps and Drake confused..!

Nox stands ready to use helping hand, though losing two ticks of hp as he also helps hit himself in the face through confusion as he does.

Jeremy throws a sleep pester ball at the golbat, and gets it put to sleep! It also takes some damage in the process.

Then, even MORE bats get to act, though, and end up with EVERYONE confused... In fact, one of them even needing to bite Frost, because no one is left to be confused..!

What, you don't enjoy a fight? Scraps, Water Pulse the Crobat!

"I'll show you how much I love a fight once this is over..."

Bruce figures out the crobat is level 30, lonely, and with infiltrator/vanguard... And also takes two ticks of hit points damage, as trying to figure that out with a massive headache apparently hurts.

Scraps, too, hurts himself... But thanks to the helping hand at least still manages to hit the crobat! It takes a fair bit of damage.

Frost(20) 1 momentum, confused, lightly injured
Crobat(20) injured
Drake(15) confused
Max(15) confused
2 Golbat(15) #1 asleep, lightly injured
3 zubat(11)
Nox(10) 30/54 confused
Isabella(10) confused
Jeremy(10) confused
4 zubat(8) #1 KO #2 injured
Bruce(6) 18/55 confused
Scraps(1) confused 64/80

Izzy, Irene

The bugs, while remaining wary and cautious, still recognize the two trainers to be their saviors, and in turn remain peaceful... Though perhaps a bit afraid as Izzy moves forward to try and help, it seems to remain calm... Which is pretty much all it can really do in it's current state, if her examination proves correct- There's... Not really much she can do for it, having only little superficial injuries, and while she does what she can... Really, it'd require intensive equipment, or simply allowing to heal over time. Otherwise, just one more, and... Well.

Again, though, at least it seems the bugs recognize their efforts, and by this point all of them are beginning to calm down- The big "leader", or potentially mother bug, flying around for a moment longer, before landing nearby to begin cleaning it's wings...

Koa, Alex

The both of you continue conversing for a while after battle has concluded... You can see Irene standing far away in the grass, joined by a huge bug that isn't familiar- Given how close it is to her it doesn't look like they're in a fight, though. No sign of Izzy, but the grass is high enough she might just be crouching down..?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:05 pm

"Damn, that sure was a nasty fall..."

Seeing how most of the Charjabug's wounds are internal, and how bad it looks, Izzy approaches the Vikavolt again.

"Hey, so your....kid? They aren't doing too great. If those birds - or something else - came back again, I don't think they'd be able to protect themselves. I...think I know a way to help them? Buuuut they'd have to come with me. And if I did take them, we probably wouldn't be able to find you guys again - meaning you might never see each other again."

"Is...is that okay with you?"

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:58 pm

"Firstly the screen is warm, which normal glass does not do. Also I saw some metal or plastic at the edges.

How are you? What are you? Are you another Zozoark or something else? You said you knew what I was dreaming of, so what thingy did that? What do you like to do?"

(Ah Haley wouldn't say that then.)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:49 pm

Izzy, (Irene)

Izzy internally, and outwardly, winces as she sees the injuries in more detail... Cautiously deciding to approach the leader bug once more, speaking genuinely:

"Hey, so your....kid? They aren't doing too great. If those birds - or something else - came back again, I don't think they'd be able to protect themselves. I...think I know a way to help them? Buuuut they'd have to come with me. And if I did take them, we probably wouldn't be able to find you guys again - meaning you might never see each other again."

"Is...is that okay with you?"

The bug seems to give a blank stare towards Izzy as she does her explanation, though at least seems to be paying attention... She thinks. It's hard to tell exactly what might be going on with what little expression a bug can give- Assuming they're not attributing far more intelligence to, well, a bug than they should, and it didn't get confused halfway through Izzy's explanation.

It appeared it did understand at least the basic gist of what was being said however, as it buzzes off- A short hop towards the injured charjabug, where it's gently clamped between the larger bug's pincers, in what seems to be both a mix of inspecting it's wounds, and comforting... Some words the trainers could impossibly understand seem to be shared, before the bug is gently dropped in front of Izzy- It appears they agree.

Izzy has caught a lvl 25 hardy male charjabug with battery and shed skin!
► Show Spoiler
Haley

"Firstly the screen is warm, which normal glass does not do. Also I saw some metal or plastic at the edges."

"It's heated. To help against fog build up. Marvel of modern technology."
her double smiles, innocently.

"How are you? What are you? Are you another Zozoark or something else? You said you knew what I was dreaming of, so what thingy did that? What do you like to do?"

"Hah! Sorry, but if you were actually hoping from answers from me, you're not nearly as smart as you seem to think you are. But if you figured out everything so far, then surely that's just one more thing for you, right?"

"Now, as you seem to have figured everything out, I guess I can't stick with the regular plan. Instead, if you want this idol... I guess we're just gonna have to play a game."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:06 pm

Haley looks at her double, rolling her eyes in disblief that it's to keep fog out. "What's tha game? How ta play?"

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:27 pm

"I know it's hard, but he'll have a good life. I can assure you of that Izzy is a great person."

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:18 pm

I'll make it easy for you. If you help me get that crobat, and I'll let you have a free punch. Or at least the first punch, if you want a full-out brawl. Now, Scraps! Another water pulse!

While Scraps Water Pulse's the Crobat again, Bruce glares at it, paralyzing it!

Scraps Confusion=2
Accuracy=15
Power=45
Confusion Check=14

Bruce Confusion Roll=1
Accuracy=13
Confusion check=9

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:29 pm

Spotting Irene, Alex trots over to her, calling out as he moves, "Irene. Anything going on?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:19 am

Bjorn opens with Sting, his skorupi.
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:18 am

Ghos will turn visible again after the zubat swarm and shadowball the awake golbat. Drake then proceeds to throw a pokeball at Bruce apparently.

Ghos shadowball: 1d20 = 6 3d8+10+34 = 53
Drake pokeball: 1d20 = 1 1d100+0 = 66
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:57 am

Haley

"What's tha game? How ta play?"

"Oh, it's just a simple numbers game..."
her double starts, with a small grin beginning to rise up.

"If your HP hits 0, you lose!"

Those ominous words are followed with a short, awkward pause... Before that grin turns slightly more awkward, and her double shrugs, backing off to her middle of the room.

"Sorry, felt like making that stupid joke for... Some reason. But no, it's just a simple game of Simon says..! If you keep up until it's over, I'll give you the idol. If you lose, you're out of luck. Seems fair..?" she asks, as you notice the floor on the mirror side of the seems to change color.

"Not that it matters, you either play or lose out on the idol, now. Simon says, step on yellow..."

(Give me a raw d20 roll if you play the game.)

(Izzy), Irene, Alex, (Koa)

Irene assures the leader bug that Izzy is a great trainer, but it seems to have very little doubt about that, in fact almost seeming relieved the captured bug will be taken care off... Even if Izzy falling very silent is perhaps not reassuring.

Not much later, the duo is joined by Alex and Koa, the former asking what's going on as he sees the big bug, and lots of smaller ones... Who do panic slightly on seeing unfamiliar faces, a good number of them beginning to dig underground for protection.

Bruce, Drake

Frost hits himself, before knocking out one of the zubat... The crobat apparently having enough of this little nuisance going through the numbers, chomping down on it with poisonous fangs- Not knocking it out yet, but badly poisoning him! Poor Frost is really getting it...

Ghos meanwhile turns visible again, glad that spared him from also getting confused, before firing at the golbat. It doesn't get knocked out, but does take heavy damage! Drake then throws a pokeball that hits anything but something resembling a pokemon. He also manages to snap out of confusion without taking any damage, apparently.

Max decides to try and help take out the golbat, succeeding..! It also gets rid of it's confusion, though not before injuring itself.

The remaining golbat sleeps peacefully, as one of the zubat decides Ghos should join the party and confuses him too. Of the remaining two one misses, while the other one bites for 21(32) damage.

Isabella just keeps up commands while trying to rid herself of confusion... And fails.

Jeremy meanwhile, seeing Frost, recalls him, switching out for Atom. He too fails to get rid of the confusion.

The remaining zubat attack both Max and Ghos- Ghos taking 27(44) damage this time!

I'll make it easy for you. If you help me get that crobat, and I'll let you have a free punch. Or at least the first punch, if you want a full-out brawl. Now, Scraps! Another water pulse!

"Ugh... Fine!"

Bruce glares, paralyzing the crobat, while Scraps follows up with a water pulse, leaving it in a bad state..!

Atom meanwhile, knocks out another one of the zubat.

Frost(20) 2 momentum, confused, injured, badly poisoned, recalled
Ghos(15) confused 12/79
Drake(15)
Max(15) injured
2 Golbat(15) #1 asleep, lightly injured, #2 KO
Crobat(12/20) heavily injured, paralyzed
3 zubat(11)
Nox(10) 30/54 confused
Isabella(10) confused
Jeremy(10) confused
4 zubat(8) #1,2,3 KO
Bruce(6) 8/55 confused
Atom(4)
Scraps(1) confused 64/80

Bjorn

Bjorn starts with Sting, while Jack simultaneously releases a sableye.

Lights remaining: 4
Sting(16)
Sableye(5)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:05 am

Haley looks for a yellow and steps on it.

[1d20] = 15

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:53 pm

"Hey guys! Guess who lucked out and caught a Greninja!" Koa says, beaming and showing off the frog-laden pokeball.

He notices the retreating bugs, then. "Did you guys catch something neat, too?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:18 pm

"Huh, these little guys are a bit flighty. Something happen? Don't worry little bugs, we're not going to hurt you."

Alex Charm: 5D6+2 = [2, 6, 1, 1, 6]+2 = 18
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:51 pm

Bjorn exclaims "Lets go! Sting, rush forward and give him a bite!"

AC = 2; Damage = 32

The skorupi rushes forward to where he thinks the sableye is but misses badly.
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:01 am

"Hey guys! Guess who lucked out and caught a Greninja!"

"Ooh, nice!"*

"Did you guys catch something neat, too?"

"Kinda? They were getting attacked by some birds, but we came in to help. Oh, speaking of which..."

After waving goodbye to the Vikavolt and her kids (and once they're a safe distance away), Izzy releases the Staravia.
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:45 am

"Hm!" Is all Koa has to say about that.

"Well anyway, I found what I came for, so I'm ready to head back whenever. Up to you guys if you wanna keep looking!"

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:41 pm

Scraps! Take out one of the zubats!

Meanwhile, assuming he can conjure up a pokeball from somewhere, and survives the round, Bruce tries (and I'm almost certain succeeds) to capture the Crobat.

Scraps confusion Check=1
Scraps AC=15
Sraps Damage=44
Scraps Confusion=20

Bruce Confusion=2
Bruce AC=17
Bruce Capture=11-12(Level)+5(I think the debuff on a regular pokeball)=4
Bruce Confusion Check=19

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:37 am

Drake recalls Ghos and releases Crowley instead that bubbles one of the faster zubats to death (hopefully).

Crowley bubblebeam: 1d20 = 18 3d8+10+24 = 47
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:46 pm

Haley

Haley manages to mirror where her position should be pretty well, having absolutely no issue, and continues without issues as the game proceeds, though things turn a bit more... Unnerving, as they progress, and within the reflection, more than colors start appearing on the floor... And more like pits start appearing, which she avoids for now even though there's no actual pits in this room, and the floor probably wouldn't give way..? As the game progresses, whole walls of spikes are starting to be formed, making maneuvering harder... Assuming she's even supposed to avoid those in the first place.

(One more d20 roll, please.)

Koa, Alex, Izzy, Irene

Koa boasts as his recent capture, while Alex addresses the bugs- Seeing his jovial response, and the fact that the other trainers appear to know them, most of the bugs stop their retreat, though remain cautious. Izzy congratulates Koa (having no idea what he's talking about), before the question is raised of what to do next... They could head a bit further out and still get back to the city by dark, though they shouldn't go too much further.

Bjorn

Sting rushes forwards, but misses, as it hits with a feint attack for 31(21) damage.

Lights remaining: 4
Sting(16) 55/76
Sableye(5)

Bruce, Drake

Drake recalls Ghos before he gets KO'd, sending out Crowley instead, who immediately tries and kill one of the zubat... But finds himself quite short. Max decides to be helpful and finish the job, though- Or would, if he didn't miss.

The heavily injured crobat meanwhile, has to resort to a swift attack, striking both Crowley and Max for 29(25) damage. The remaining zubat swarm, hitting Scraps, Atom, and Drake- Doing 26(11) and 26(19) damage.

Isabella, still feeling her head spinning, keeps to simple orders for now, just as Jeremy, trying to get rid of it... And unlike Jeremy, fails to shake it off for now.

One remaining zubat decides to confuse the newly released Crowley, because why not..?

Finally, a badly injured Bruce throws his pokeball... Catching the crobat!

Scraps and Atom meanwhile continue to knock out zubat, Scraps taking out the already injured one, while ATom can only injure one.

Frost(20) injured, badly poisoned, recalled
Ghos(15) 12/79, recalled
Drake(15) 33/70
Crowley(15) 51/76 confused
Max(15) injured
2 Golbat(15) #1 asleep, lightly injured, #2 KO
Crobat(12/20) captured
3 zubat(11) #1 KO, #2 injured
Nox(10) 30/54 confused
Isabella(10) confused
Jeremy(10)
4 zubat(8) #1,2,3 KO