UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:37 pm

That's not how physics work. :p

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:16 pm

It is though. Well, what one COULD do is fly up, then either stop accelerating to lower the effective height, or better yet, fly up, accelerate down at the same pace, then grab a hold and decelerate naturally.

But otherwise that's most definitely how that works though.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:48 am

How far away are those last two birds from Kay, Mort? If it's more than 24m, then yeah I'm done.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:50 am

They'd all be like 19 meters away after sprinting this turn... :p

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:55 am

Okay, next question - does Razor Wind count as an AOE attack (one AC roll and one damage roll), or three single-target attacks?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:07 am

Hmm... Let's say it'd be considered as AOE?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:25 am

Cool, I thought so too, just wanted to check.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:23 am

Synch, you can say what pokemon you'd like to start with if you want to hurry things along.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:54 am

Kay gets 119xp, hitting Lv32 and gaining +1ATK.
Rhythm earns 80xp, going up to Lv27. She gains +1HP.

Also, with the capture of that Staravia (who'll be released somewhere safely away from the bugs), Izzy jumps to Lv12! She is now a Charm Master, and has Master Perception to go along with it!

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:02 pm

Natrivv wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:37 am hey, did you want to use probability control Dusk?
Nah, it's fine. 21 is only 1 below average for 6d6+1 Charm, and that was a really good Medicine roll (for Izzy :lol: )

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:33 pm

The charjabug currently has 9 injuries. Izzy also gets one additional misc exp for doing the right thing, when the substitute was no doubt extremely tempting. :roll:
Yeah, I was pretty much fully expecting it to be around 9 injuries.

And it was actually the obvious choice, once I put some thought into it. Izzy was always going to feel awful for the Charjabug once she realised how close it was to death. Taking it to a Pokecenter for healing would be her very first thought. Plus, catching the Vikavolt was never really an option for her, since it would've left the other bugs defenceless. No matter how tempting it was for me :P

(Not that I'm saying no to some bonus exp :lol: )

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:56 am

Yeah at the end it's the best choice in character, which is what I was trying to reward- OOC, it was most definitely not, given you know it's going to take at least three days to get the pokemon back to full operatus, you'd have to deal with it being an unknowing level lower than the vikavolt, get it evolved... While trying to capture the vikavolt would probably be a huge break in character, I was prepared for you to try it- More likely, I was expecting a "I tried what I could, hey there still perfectly okay Charjabug would you like to join my team?"

So yeah, just throwing a small extra bone for doing the right thing... :P

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:35 pm

If you want a Vikavolt then it's better to have the lower evolution first anyway, for the extra DEXP and the potential to choose its higher abilities. Why do you think Alex traded an Escavalier to Dave for a Karrablast? Except I never got around to evolving it anyway.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:09 am

Speaking of dex exp remind me that I need to make my next character who wants to research all pokemon. :lol:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:04 pm

So..., now that I'm trying to actually capture a pokemon, I realized we never finalized what items I start with. Would it be possible to either say that Bruce had a few pokeballs with him already, or say he went to the store before they started out and bought some?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:58 am

Yeah, that's fair. Let's say you start with at least 5 pokeballs (acquired completely legally knowing current backstory) and... 4000 to distribute on what you wish?

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:55 pm

Cool! Thank you.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:06 am

On a totally not belated note

Polaris gains 100 xp going from level 10 to 14, all that running was a great learning expeirence.
Polaris forgers growl for quick attack, and gets a point in speed, hp, and both defenses

Etiole gains 99 xp goint from level 26 to 27
gaining 1 point hp

Cygnus gains appreciation for his valiant attemps

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:46 pm

M0rt, you need to update that Sting was KO'd.

Well, he was especially ineffective!
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:46 pm

So, this is what I get for shamelessly stealing other people's sheets and putting my info in them. I used Alex's sheet for my current one with Bruce, not realizing that he had added an extra move slot for his Guidance feat. And I guess I can't count over 5, so I missed the fact that I had an extra move.

I don't think it gave me that much of an advantage, as I only normally use 2-3 moves max for most of my pokemon, but I'll be fixing it and making sure I only have 6 moves in the future.

Really sorry guys! I didn't mean to!!!

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:18 am

lol. Take it from my experience, the extra move slot is only useful for long-term, early on the pokemon don't have enough good moves to take full advantage of it.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:28 am

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:12 am

Wow, Mort, don't you know smoking is bad for your health?

I feel like that might actually be the line to match that, but I don't know for sure.
My game:

My characters:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:14 pm

Dlover wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:18 am lol. Take it from my experience, the extra move slot is only useful for long-term, early on the pokemon don't have enough good moves to take full advantage of it.
Yeah. I think with most of the moves I took off, I had never even used them. It would have been a much harder choice if I hadn't noticed for another 20 levels or so.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:43 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:50 pm Haley claps her hands and puts the idols on the pedistals, figuring it's activated by wieght.

(Can she use her survival skills to figure out where to go? She knows where the idol is, its getting to it that is the problem.)
Sure, give me a couple of rolls and see if she can figure it out.