27th november: Crunch crunch

Discuss the comic here!
Generic
Converses Frequently

27th november: Crunch crunch

Post by Generic » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:39 pm

http://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-28-2018

We can see some scratches. 8) I imagine Forgath is not used to fighting out of armor .

But what the heck happened? I thought he was above Buzz? Now they seem to be on some kind of plane? Why is the horizon so close to Idle? Is the world falling apart?
Oh, wait. It is.

Anyhow: Buzz is still not a sand, dust or powder, so Forgath better keep huff'n. Even though it looks like Buzz might be coming apart in that last panel.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

speakslittle
Of Few Words

Re: 27th november: Crunch crunch

Post by speakslittle » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:55 pm

Looks like just warped perspective. If you go back 3 pages. Forgath gets tossed. 2 pages ago, Idle makes it to the tunnel. The full thing is NOT that big. It's about as tall as Forgath is. Buzz climbs up and scampers to the hole where it jabbed Idle 1 page ago. On that same page, we see Forgath arrive basically at the very start of the tunnel, he's just climbed up onto the rock. It's not him being higher, it's him being further back.
Then he curbstomps Buzz. And it looks like where stone hits Buzz, Buzz turns in to sharp shards. The spray from those shards cut Forgath. Including a number of worrying scratches on his Klik-Bits. A big scratch on the green one by the helmet, and a few on his yellow ab.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:42 am

Warped persp-...

Our eyes are at horizon height.
We can't see the horizon, but the treeline behind Forgath. That should be somewhat above the horizon.
Buzz is under horizon, Forgath is over: He is standing in a higher place.

It might not be a cliff (even though I think it looks like one) but at least a slope. Slope is nowhere to be seen as he charges.

So, yeah. Something is warping. Perspective or space.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:58 am

When Idle scampered away, it seemed to me she was climbing upwards.

Anyway, not intersted in that kind of discussion. I take that kind of stuff anyway, since I'm here for the story.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Sessine
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Sessine » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:23 am

I'm looking at Forgath's IME. Now that we're getting multiple views of it, it's clear that it is made up of a single horn, and the "this is a helmet" sign.
► Show Spoiler

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 am

Generic wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:39 pmAnyhow: Buzz is still not a sand, dust or powder, so Forgath better keep huff'n. Even though it looks like Buzz might be coming apart in that last panel.
Look closer at the final panels: it's not just the tendrils going limp, what starts as a cracked fist-print is dissolving.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:07 am

BuildsLegos wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 am
Generic wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:39 pmAnyhow: Buzz is still not a sand, dust or powder, so Forgath better keep huff'n. Even though it looks like Buzz might be coming apart in that last panel.
Look closer at the final panels: it's not just the tendrils going limp, what starts as a cracked fist-print is dissolving.

LarsenSan
Mutters to Themself

Post by LarsenSan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:09 am

Seriously, while I was reading this in my mind I could hear Forgath shouting "ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!"

Derkins
Mutters to Themself

Post by Derkins » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:37 am

Now I'm worried he's going to get infected, cause it has a tendril wrapped around his waist. Perhaps they can heal him and deal with the corrupt parts one at a time, sort of like with Dies Horribly... versus, you know, when Forgath fell off the cliff and needed the patchwork pieces in the first place, since he was bleeding missing multiple organs, including his eye and part of his brain ... the disease or mutation or whatever it was didn't take over Dies' arm right away, after all.

Or do you think it's just hovering over him, and hadn't had a chance to touch his yellow waist patch yet? It hard to tell depth with the shading style, sometimes.

Derkins
Mutters to Themself

Post by Derkins » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:39 am

I think Idle's impressed. ^.-

LarsenSan
Mutters to Themself

Post by LarsenSan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:30 am

Waaaait a minute, why is Idle's blood green?

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:58 am

Well that's what confused me, Generic. If you noticed that Buzz is dissolving, why are you saying Forgath needs to keep pounding? He's in the process of becoming dust.

Larsen, her hand is drenched in Buzz's blood after smashing a tendril with a rock.

LarsenSan
Mutters to Themself

Post by LarsenSan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:44 am

BuildsLegos wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:58 am Larsen, her hand is drenched in Buzz's blood after smashing a tendril with a rock.
I'm not sure. In https://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-27-2018 you can see her hand is drenched in her own blood, but in the next page she only has green blood and no red blood in sight... it mostly seems that her blood is turning green.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:00 am

Most likely just a coloring error.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

AceJayce
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by AceJayce » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:04 am

Derkins wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:37 am Now I'm worried he's going to get infected, cause it has a tendril wrapped around his waist. Perhaps they can heal him and deal with the corrupt parts one at a time, sort of like with Dies Horribly... versus, you know, when Forgath fell off the cliff and needed the patchwork pieces in the first place, since he was bleeding missing multiple organs, including his eye and part of his brain ... the disease or mutation or whatever it was didn't take over Dies' arm right away, after all.

Or do you think it's just hovering over him, and hadn't had a chance to touch his yellow waist patch yet? It hard to tell depth with the shading style, sometimes.
Also worried about it - not only his waist, there was another tendril on his left shoulder.
Oh no, I just hope his horrid death prophecy won't hit now T_T

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:19 am

There are a few of his patches with scratches, eye and shoulder most obviously.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:51 am

AceJayce wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:04 amOh no, I just hope his horrid death prophecy won't hit now.
Kore would need to appear for that to happen, but this is clearly going to be Forgath's motive for a heroic sacrifice the next time they meet.

0z79
Whispers Softly

Post by 0z79 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:55 pm

About Idle's tunnel, since nobody else mentioned it: It seems that Tarol's had a bit of time on No Man's Sky recently. That tunnel looks a lot like a hidey-hole made with the terraforming tool. Useful for hiding from angry Sentinels.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:54 pm

BuildsLegos wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:58 am Well that's what confused me, Generic. If you noticed that Buzz is dissolving, why are you saying Forgath needs to keep pounding? He's in the process of becoming dust.

Larsen, her hand is drenched in Buzz's blood after smashing a tendril with a rock.
That is because you deal in absolutes, padawan. We've noticed the same things and reached slightly different conclusions.

Piximae
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Piximae » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:09 am

Remember the prophesy about how Forgath will become Minmax's enemy and "Love will fuel hate"?

Well, I have a feeling this is the beginning of why Forgath will become Minmax's enemy. If he gets a bit corrupted...

And, I can't help but notice Forgath and Idle getting close. Perhaps similar to how Minmax and Kin got? I wonder...

Piximae
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Piximae » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:18 am

BuildsLegos wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:51 am
AceJayce wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:04 amOh no, I just hope his horrid death prophecy won't hit now.
Kore would need to appear for that to happen, but this is clearly going to be Forgath's motive for a heroic sacrifice the next time they meet.
Is it possible that, in a way there'd be two parts to the prophecy? That he fought Kore and because of him dies soon after? The patches are caused because of Kore anyways.

SylvanDragoon
Remains Silent

Post by SylvanDragoon » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:57 am

LarsenSan wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:09 am Seriously, while I was reading this in my mind I could hear Forgath shouting "ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!"
"You thought you would find an easy meal, but it was I, Forgath!"

Hjerne
Of Few Words

Post by Hjerne » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:41 am

Yep, now that Forgath has been scratched on his Klik bits he is going to become an abomination like Kore. He will attack Kin, and Minmax will be forced to kill him. Possibly he will instead be killed in a fight with Kore which Minmax won't interfere with because they are both evil monstrosities. Then Kore will be weakened enough that he can be killed by the party.

Either way years after we first saw the prophesy Forgath is going to turn on the party and be killed.

Starling
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Starling » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:25 am

Dies Horribly didn't become an abomination, so your prediction is probably wrong.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:59 am

Starling wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:25 amDies Horribly didn't become an abomination, so your prediction is probably wrong.
That's completely different because Junior was made wrongly by a novice; this is a contagious infection. And nowhere does it say that the infection will corrupt Forgath's mind, only that his body is now full of ticking time-bombs. The prophesy is also plenty vague on which friends exactly become enemies; M&F were only the most obvious option when the prophesy was spoken, but now we have Bowst being primed for feeling the need to betray the others.