Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:13 am

...Except Drake I guess cuz tbf he should have gotten an edge/feat since he got back.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:28 am

The best gift is each other o:)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:58 am

I JUST said no one's getting anything!

Here I go killing again

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:07 pm

M0rtimer wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:58 am I JUST said no one's getting anything!

Here I go killing again
So the gift of death? That's rather macabre, but it's the thought that counts.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:05 pm

Does this mean we get ghost mons?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:26 am

Nah, we become ghost pokemon. Gamemode changed.

Alex will get there one day regardless. I swear, I'll eat either Hoopa or Marshadow eventually. Marshadow just because he's gotta taste great.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:19 am

After Haley is done with the ghosts, she's going to leave the maze. She's been in there too long already and I am feeling drained. Trying to figure what they have took too much out of me.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:12 am

I'd like to take this moment to wish our good friends, The Eternal Spark and THE GRAND OVERSEER a happy birthday, who are turning 102 and 103 years old! :roll:

Anyways now that everyone has completed the dark gym Finally, lessons were hopefully learned, on my part that is, I can finally share some trivia about it..! If anyone's got questions about it you can ask them now, too.

The whole gym was... Probably a bit of a mess. I think I liked the overall execution of it, though the process of going through the motions took too long and I would definitely have made some changes in retrospect. Both in establishing more of an overall theme rather than an apparent "creepy sideshow" (though that was kind of intentional to make the monsters seem like they didn't belong/more genuine) and in mechanical changes.

One openly hidden secret was that the main challenges were all tied to what Jack's pokemon are, however. And to make that clear, here's a full overview:

Bottom right: Watson - Rotom (possessing the lantern, and simply phasing down through the floor once "defeated")
Top right: Hilda - Shiny ariados bug/dark
Top left: Fatale - Zoroark (Also the person that would introduce and end up being "killed" on the bottom left, but I think the only person that had this somewhat happen to them is Bjorn and Irene..?)
Bottom left: Eliza - Gardevoir fairy/dark
Entrance/trader: Vayne - Hydreigon

Now some of you might find some of those names rather familiar... And I'll have that all explained in the following canon story segment:
"Well... Here it is." the blonde haired trainer spoke- Offering one of her trademark smiles as she extended her arms forward enthusiastically, though with a certain amount of care. The object that was held on it's end was quite precious, after all- A pokemon egg. The man that accepted the apparent gift was a lot less delicate than the other trainer... Though no less careful in accepting this precious gift.

"Thank you, Eliza. You have my promise I'll treat it the best I can."

"I don't doubt you will. So... Have you considered what you're gonna name it?"

"I did, actually... I was thinking I'd name it after you." he spoke, to apparent surprise of the female trainer, though some curiosity what exactly was meant with that. "You know. I feel like it'll really emphasize the meaning of the gift."

She slowly shook her head. "Jack... Don't, that's weird. You're not that bad with names that you-" she started, though wouldn't get to finish as Jack raised the egg above him: "Hey there, Eliza. Welcome to the family."

"Jack, oh my god..."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:19 am

So why did gardiviour and ariados have illusion? It's a zozoark only thing. It's a bit over powered for every pokemon he made into dark type to have it. :/

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:25 am

Yeah, they don't actually have illusion. That's part of the one bit of actual magic the maze has that was alluded to, and only Koa and Irene got as far as to discover it by getting all the way through the "prize corridor"... There's an artifact Darkrai made that allows one to store several "illusions", and all dark types that are in range of the artifact can use it.

... Another little side effect of it is that falling asleep in range of it drags one off straight into the nightmare world. Didn't the big guy himself need to snap Haley out of there twice..?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:27 am

....I want an artifact that lets my pokemon have various illusions.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:31 am

One of you guys ALREADY has a wand that gives the illusionist capability. :roll: Izzy, I think..?

Second best thing is sneaking in there at night and stealing it... :shifty:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:53 am

...So who has good stealth? :shifty: It comes with the added bonus of giving your enemies nightmares!

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:20 pm

The urn is also behind very thick bars, so if you want to steal from a helpful has generally been kind to us npc you'll also need a way to deal with that. Also Irene has horrid stealth. Cheerleaders need to be seen after all :p

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:13 pm

Phoenix had pretty good stealth. And a good fire pokemon to melt the bars. Too bad he went to the evil side, though.

Bruce meanwhile hates stealth. His idea of being stealthy is jogging into a dangerous situation rather than sprinting in screaming.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:58 pm

We're Team Charm, not Team Stealth.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:09 pm

Alex/Koa/Whoever else is charming can convince Jack that we need it to save the world right? :shifty:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:01 pm

Pfft, to me it sounds pretty useless. I aint' a dark type user, and we've got a magic book of disguise.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:24 pm

That moment you realize you never used up all stat points on one of Jack's pokemon. :paranoia:

So, uh, yeah. A bunch of you guys fought a weaker than should be scraggy. I fixed that now...

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:12 am

So... anybody have good suggestions on a name for a Foongus? I don't know why, but I just can't think of anything.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:16 am

What would your character name it?

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:54 am

Oh so random thought, but I think I finally realized why pokemon are suppose to get injuries so easily. Like just for reaching the 50% mark, and that's to help trainers justify having large boxes of pokemon.

If the character want's the pokemon to rest and heal up fully then after even a wild pokemon battle it would be normal to rotate out one or two pokemon, and for more intense battles trainers might need to switch out their entire team. Because our pokemon are more resistant to injuries we have less need to catch pokemon allowing the others time to heal. Though in early game it's a huge burden.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:45 am

That might be part of it, but I think it's more intended for PTU to be a more "punishing" game than how we are playing it. I think the general expectation is that travelling between cities is supposed to be much longer, and that injuries will pile up in said time to a point you might consider not wanting to risk sending out certain pokemon, because there's a credible chance of death if they get the wrong hit at the wrong time. Then when you do get to cities, take several days pretty much solely healing up/timeskipping.

I've mostly been sticking with a more lax way of doing things, because I think it's probably overall more fun than needing to stress about what pokemon you can and can't use. As a potentially negative effect though, it does mean there's essentially been no real worry of a pokemon dying, and even the trainers have been mostly alright. The only real thing that could kill a pokemon without injuries is the -200% rule, and that is far too lax generally. (Though I never did look up if that's supposed to be -200% MAX hp or INJURED hp.) Hell, the most threatening scenarios we've really had so far is when the threat of TPK, or higher than average ledges came up. :roll:

If that's what you guys want, though... >:D

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:49 am

I rather my pokemon not to die easily thank you.
Also I am starting to realise why enduring bloom sucks (again.) mostly hecause for me to even activate it, I have to get my mons hurt by SE moves. after this battle I am going to switch it to something else.

And Haley is starting of having the problem of having way toooooo many pokemons. Which is why she's probsbly going to start setting up something so that her other mons gets play time as well (not nessicarly in battle)
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:51 am