Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:03 am

That's not waht I said at all! Stop twisting my words!

As for the foongus, sometimes I look up plants to help determine names. Some deadly mushrooms are Satan's Bolete, Ivory Funnel, Fly Agaric, Death Angel, Fool's Mushroom, death cap, destroying angel, autum skullcap

So possible names I think would fit for bruce would be 'Satan, Death Angel, Death, Destroying Angel, Skullcap, basically anything that sounds like it would go with some heavy metal.

List of deadly shrooms

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:18 am

M0rtimer wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:45 am ... or higher than average ledges came up. :roll:
HEY! I resemble that statement. >:|
Ignore that I was going to use something similar when you said trainers have been mostly alright.

As for the injury stuff... I do prefer not having to worry about it; Everyone has seen me fight. I have won one battle outside of gym challenges, and for both gyms I've been unreasonably over leveled.
But at the same time, when you consider that it's expected people would take multiple days in timeskips, it becomes much more apparent why so many features are daily. Like, Mentor stuff? If there were big blocks of 3+ days after every notable event, everyone would have their pokemon mentored to hell. EXP Training would be more than "Maybe these double-digit numbers will eventually make a difference in a few years." etc. etc.

But, overall, I do definitely prefer the more lenient way. I'd need a different team for every day of the week, and getting pokemon to gain levels when there are that many would be such a hassle.

Really, the only thing I'll ever complain about is that I haven't been able to eat FruitHoops or Marshmallow yet.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:55 am

SamWiser wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:12 am So... anybody have good suggestions on a name for a Foongus? I don't know why, but I just can't think of anything.
Call it Jasper, M0rt will feel ambivalent about attacking it then.. :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:59 am

If you call it Jasper, it will also have really bad rolls for some reason though. I won't even do anything for that, the universe will just conspire to make it happen :roll:

Also, it'll arguably turn evil. One can debate on that part.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:01 am

So I need to ask a question here to clear something up once and for all- What are your guys thoughts on what the invisibility capability is, and/or , should be?

By raw, the only thing it says it does is that a pokemon can't use moves while invisible, and requires +4 AC to hit. (and some limitations to how often it can be used) I've personally always taken this to mean that it isn't true invisibility, and that there would be some kind of indicator to their presence still. (and in quite recent posts even allowed for high enough perception rolls to deduce what pokemon these ghosts would be)

I've always taken to it that they're "translucent", though that's not exactly the right word for it. The best way I could describe how I'd imagine it to be is like the disturbance in the air you can see above a candle, as the heat slightly warps it- Making it much harder to be seen, but not impossible.

With that said, I'm realising there's multiple ways of interpreting it... One could also take it to mean as true invisibility, but could simply trace it by means of sound..? (Though that would bring up questions what if they got dead silent, too.)

Most importantly of course is how invisibility should act towards perception rolls, which for now I had been taking as "possible, but with a penalty".

What do you guys think?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:49 am

I think they'd still show somewhat of an outline? Maybe it can make per checks harder by 5 or so? Dead silent can also makr per checks a bit harder (but not as hard as invis).

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:57 pm

I've always considered it as real invisibility, with the AC increase being in case you happen to launch your attack at the right place.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:18 pm

I think the +4 to ac is suppose to represent the clues not hidden be being invisible like leaving footprints, making noise, a pokemon with heat sensing capabilities should be able to "see" them. Same way even if they're dead silent they'll still effect how air moves around them.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:33 pm

I'd say still possible to detect, but with a penalty. 'cause if they're impossible to detect, you can't very well attack them.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:36 pm

I guess I would say it's a mix between the two. In a brightly lit plain room, it would be kind of like Mort is saying. Almost smokey, kind of. A slight disturbance in the air. (Still very hard to hit, though) In a dark/smokey/visually cluttered room, it would be practically impossible to see, since a slight disturbance would certainly go unnoticed.

Of course where combat is concerned, nothing should change. But I could see a non-combat perception check being very difficult in the middle of a dark cave.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:41 am

I'm assuming Koa, Izzy, Irene and Alex have just resigned themselves to waiting for the gym battles to complete? (and for the cave adventure, but that will coincedentally probably happen to be at nearly the exact same time) That hopefully shouldn't take too much longer, to the point it's probably no longer worth it, but I could always try and throw something small at you guys... :paranoia:

(Also, this post is probably a couple weeks late by this point... :roll: )

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:43 am

I'm content to wait.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:46 am

Yeah. I... Think the battle for Bjorn might take longer since he doesn't seem able to post daily, but Haley's battle should be completed faster. If push comes to shove, Synch can do the gym battle and what happens afterwards in tandem.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:58 am

Well I was considering going out to the pokeball crafter the one seller mentioned, but it sounded like there wasn't going to be enough in-game time for that.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:02 am

I think that's the kind of thing we could perfectly squeeze in still with the allotted time.

(If you mean in actual in game time it being too late... Probably, depending on what you guys are planning on doing, be that trying to catch some sleep or staying awake/something else, but hey might as well do it now when the opportunity is available.)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:56 pm

I'm sure Dialga is very understanding with wibbly wobbly time stuff :p

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:23 pm

Dialga's gonna be the final boss at this rate cuz you guys keep fucking his shit up.

Also, one of you guys at least respond to Koa so I can stop having the plot turn to you guys apparently needing urgent medical attention cuz you slipped in a coma :roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:57 pm

Whowhat? Oh. I... May have only been scanning through the names in the updates to see if there was anything relevant. >.>
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:09 pm

Did a tiny edit, could Koa, Izzy, Alex, Irene also provide perception rolls?

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:45 pm

Edited Izzy's perception into my last post.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:59 pm

Alright, first off Haley gets Hobbist for her level. That gives her Master Per, Tech, and Surv.
Secondly I want to switch out Enduring bloom for something else. I want to avoid getting hit with super effective attacks and the temp hp is not enough to even try to use it. I'm thinking on changing it to Observation party (which gives my pokemon Keen senses and +2 bonus to per when at a locaion that Haley has archived)

Secondly, I want to make Amber into a grass/fire type. (Haley will switch out srubbery for her)

Finally Exps. Buttercup gets 745 exp, bringing her to lv 30. Absorb gets replaced with magical leaf. Haley uses her Shiny Stone to evolve buttercup to a roserade.
Archie gets 215 which brings him to lv 20, gaining Rattled.

Haley uses her money and buys a Big Root and Shiny stone for 4000. She gives Big Root to Buttercup. Cushion now has the flying Brace and Amber will have the luck incense for now.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:50 am

I'm pretty sure I've given everyone a freebie so far so sure, you can switch out enduring bloom for something else.

The Amber thing we can probably best do IC. Buttercup maybe too though that's not as pressing. Make sure you update all that data on the sheet and it'll be fine.

As for buying the held items... I'm not sure. You could probably get them in Murkoff through some means, but held items aren't meant to be just easily available.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:30 am

ALSO, I just remembered Alex (and others) have left Luna behind to deal with something very important on which she's still waiting. :roll:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:49 am

Wasn't she only waiting for Haley and... Bjorn, I think? Was it Bjorn who was still going through the gym?
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:49 pm

Feel free to give next turns' move already Synch, assuming Jack doesn't switch.