Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:43 am

Kroshav counts out five silver for Charlie's and his board, and four copper for two bowls of soup, bread and ale.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:07 am

Lurn fetches the five silvers for a bunk, along with two coppers for a bowl and a loaf.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:01 am

((sorry yes: find=food))

Ves buys food and board like everyone else.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:05 am

Also, Ves will take a look at the bandits boots if no one minds, mostly to see if they look well made and warm, and if they're better than her current travelling boots.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:41 am

The woman takes and pockets the money and, seeming happier now that money has changed hands, says,

"Sit down at a table, I will get your food," before going through the doorway behind her.

The boots appear to have been dyed black, their original color isn't clear. She can feel intricate designs (?) when running her fingers along the outsides of the boots but the dying hides them. They don't seem well insulated but are clearly well made.

((Investigation check for more details.))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:55 am

"How much ta stable a horse?" Joe also buys a meal and board. She gives the woman 57 copper total (before stable prices). "Keep tha change." (since I didn't add the 50 cp yet from the bandit thing that's what she'll use. Along side the 7 extra cp she has)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:57 am

((She said 2 silver per horse, but I think Lurn paid already...? He paid 5silver for a 3 silver bed otherwise.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:18 pm

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:23 pm

Kroshav has a seat at the table to await their food, casting a glance at the other table of folks, but is having trouble getting a read on any of them.

Insight: 1D20+1 = [7]+1 = 8
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:04 pm

((Lurn did pay for the draft horse already, yeah))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:58 am

Jaq says he’s good on food until the morning and he will pay for the common room bed.
He go to bed but ‘keep watch’ and stay awake for about two hours before he does his four hours of meditation.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:22 am

While waiting for her food Ves examines the boots in more detail but can't divine more from them than that look more comfortable than her current books and smell more like forest than foot.

Kroshav causally looks over at the people at the other table, but only notices one of them inspecting the group fairly unabashedly. She is probably human, or mostly that anyways, is wearing rough leathers and has her hair pulled tight into a short ponytail. She winks at Kroshav when she notices him looking back at her.

The tiefling woman returns and places a bowl in front of everyone and a solid loaf of bread for those that paid. Kroshav gets his ale and Jolly licks his lips but focuses on his soup. The soup is on the cold side but is filling with venison on potatoes.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:06 am

Kroshav finishes his two bowls and ale, using the last of the bread to wipe the bowl clean.

He checks with the woman about getting the horses fed, as there didn't seem to be a stable hand tending to things at this hour.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:54 am

"I will get her on taking care of them when she tries to sneak in...she tends to loiter by the gates at night with that dwarf."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:04 am

"Ah, she must have been the one who brought us here from the gate. Alright, thank you. Think I'll be turning in now."

Kroshav gathers his things and heads to wash up a bit before going to sleep.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:25 am

Kroshav heads upstairs and finds that Jaq has claimed a cot near the stairs and seems to be half awake. Each of the cots has a chest to place some belongings in but is more or less just a wide room with beds. The linens appear clean and just looking around it seems like only one other cot has been claimed, a sleeping figure in a blanket partly visible. Hard to tell much more about the person. Some talking can be heard from through the floor and up the stairs but it is pretty muted. Three doors are visible to the right of the stairs as well, presumably to the rooms that were available.

There are four laterns on the walls in the corners providing a low level of light and there is a wash basin with a hunk of pine smelling soup next to it. There is also a bucket of indeterminate function until Kroshav leans in towards it and the function becomes clear from the lingering odor. Also good to have just in case!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:29 am

He quietly washes the travel dust (and blood?) from his face and hands, before bunking down beside Mar'lin.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:19 am

Ves similarly cleans her gear, and checks it for damage and such before putting it away to dry. Once she has seen the others are mostly settled, she collapses into a cot and falls asleep.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:47 am

Joe warms up her soup with presigigitation. She happily eats most of it and half of her bread. She goes to the closest bunk that is avalible and goes to sleep pretty quickly.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:05 am

Lurn, like the others, eats quietly, but rather than bathing slightly, he asks after availability of water. Should there be any, he'll take it outside, where he removes his shirt and chain, carefully tending to his injuries. With those cleaned, the large man scrubs his face and arms before donning a fresh shirt and heading to sleep.

I kind of wish Lurn had Mending just so I could have him fix his shirt, too.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:09 am

Lurn is directed to a well around the side of the building and takes a chilly shower. Only one man walks by during the procedure and he gives Lurn a nod before continuing on his way, seemingly unimpressed by the sight.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:10 am

Lurn simply returns the nod, having no cares for whether his upper body is seen. More important is cleaning his injuries to ensure no infections can set in.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:17 am

Now clean and with wounds tended to, even the one in his back, Lurn heads up to bed. He finds most everyone has found a cot. Jolly is fast asleep, face down in his and seems to be having a bit of a nightmare. Jaq is sitting on his cot.

---

Early the next morning (5 a.m.), before the sun has risen, Jaq hears movement and muted talking from down the stairs. After a half hour the smell of baking bread starts drifting up the stairs along with more voices. The occupant of one of the booked rooms, an elf, comes into the bunk hall and gives Jaq a nod before she goes quietly down the stairs. She seems to be packed and ready for travel.

((Jaq has had a full long rest, the others need another hour.))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:25 am

((actually if Jaq wants to do anything we can rewind!))

After another hour some of the voices from below get louder and there is some laughing and the sound of chairs being dragged across the floor.

Edit: So people sleeping would probably wake up, especially Lurn.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:17 am

No need to rewind, he was just being careful and wanted to be on watch a bit if not sleeping. Seeing nothing happened, all is good.