Idle Made It All Better, Feb 11 2019 and Literally the 11th Hour

Discuss the comic here!
BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Idle Made It All Better, Feb 11 2019 and Literally the 11th Hour

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:34 pm

The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: Idle Made It All Better, Feb 11 2019 and Literally the 11th Hour

Post by WearsHats » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:01 pm

I'm taking this as a sign that things are going according to plan. Turning to Klik dust means Salt and the others should be able to resurrect him. Although now I wonder what he'll look like if and when they do.

Will he be a regular dwarf? Will he have the Klik patches? Will he be a Klik? Something else?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Goodstuff
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Goodstuff » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:00 am

My prediction? Salt is gonna drink idles tears (salt likes salt) and warp as they ressurect Forgath, who Will proceed to kill salt as kliks are his positive.

Bapuvitttssf
Of Few Words

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:25 am

Goodstuff wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:00 am My prediction? Salt is gonna drink idles tears (salt likes salt) and warp as they ressurect Forgath, who Will proceed to kill salt as kliks are his positive.
Now that would be useful when they meet Junior!

sensate
Remains Silent

Post by sensate » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:07 am

Hope I'm wrong, but I have an awfully Chief-like feeling about this. Well done, Thunt!

Master TMO
Speaks Quietly

Post by Master TMO » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:13 am

*feels*

I don't see any warts on Salt, at least. Yet...

Drakoth
Remains Silent

Post by Drakoth » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:07 am

I joined just to beg you not to switch to the goblins just yet! Please stay with this storyline! I wanna see what happens :'(

Zeus1976
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Zeus1976 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:12 am

Well now we know those who have klik parts they actually become part klik. I am now wondering if dies horribly is still classed part klik even tho he chopped off junior?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:21 am

Drakoth wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:07 am I joined just to beg you not to switch to the goblins just yet! Please stay with this storyline! I wanna see what happens :'(
[url]https://mobile.twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/1040089118485565440[url] wrote:We're finally about to hit the shocking end of this story arc started 3 years ago.
Thunt confirmed also independently of above tweet, that we will end this storyline before switching back to either Goblins party (Fumbles+Big Ears+Minmax+CoN+Thaco, Dies Horribly+friends).
But, since Forgath is dead, this storyline might be considered "finished", and maybe we'll see a new group with Forgath's player having a new character...
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

GazC
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by GazC » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:26 pm

The last panel:

SO MUCH COCAINE!

Jarednc
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Jarednc » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:43 pm

http://goblinscomic.com/comic/10212011-2

Why didn't dies turn into dust here?

Jochi
Speaks Quietly

Post by Jochi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:54 pm

I sort of suspected only his klik-bits would turn to dust, not his dwarf-bits. But then, since the poison only affects dwarves, his klik-bits might not have changed either. This is going nowhere I would have predicted.
I'm still not sure why Bowst didn't mercy-kill him to put him out of that pain. He was going to die anyway, and the pain was unnecessary.

0z79
Whispers Softly

Post by 0z79 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:28 pm

So, now I know why Kore's missing that half of his face.

I'm sorry, but I'm pretty much %100 sure that Forgath +Timey-Wimey Bullshit + Klik stuff = Kore.

Ansan Gotti
Mutters to Themself

Post by Ansan Gotti » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:35 pm

I think I'm supposed to be really moved by this page. I'm just not, however. Can't figure out if it's due to my feeling that all of this is a bit out-of-left-field, or due to my strong belief that Forgath is about to come back anyway per the stated plan. Probably a bit of both.

seawied
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by seawied » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:38 pm

0z79 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:28 pm So, now I know why Kore's missing that half of his face.

I'm sorry, but I'm pretty much %100 sure that Forgath +Timey-Wimey Bullshit + Klik stuff = Kore.
Foregath's repaired face is on the other side

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:06 am

Drakoth wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:07 am I joined just to beg you not to switch to the goblins just yet! Please stay with this storyline! I wanna see what happens :'(
Despite my previous post, I fear Thunt may return someplace else.
Like the Well of Darkness.
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:I'm drawing a really gross wall from the Well Of Darkness module. I'll tweet out my progress.
But then, this may be for the Goblins:Animated project....
Because Dies Horribly, Saves a Fox, and Biscuit, as well as the Prince Grem already left the WoD...

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:32 am

Shouldn't the indestructible bit of his beard still be ... well, indestructible?

And yeah, seeing him turn into dust makes me think the klik-reforming might work, so it's not perma-death but a temporary thing.

But we still haven't gotten an explanation why a klik like woody would take a bite out of a metal, shape-changing magical axe/sword. It bugs me so much.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Drakoth
Remains Silent

Post by Drakoth » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:11 pm

Krulle wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:06 am
Despite my previous post, I fear Thunt may return someplace else.
Like the Well of Darkness.
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:I'm drawing a really gross wall from the Well Of Darkness module. I'll tweet out my progress.
But then, this may be for the Goblins:Animated project....
Because Dies Horribly, Saves a Fox, and Biscuit, as well as the Prince Grem already left the WoD...
You gave me hope, and then you ripped it away rofl

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:36 am

Drakoth wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:11 pmYou gave me hope, and then you ripped it away rofl
Then let me give you hope again:
https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/1095812517849313280 wrote:It's coming along. Now I get to start the fun shading and colouring. (This is for the module I'm working on, not for the comic.)
► Show Spoiler
https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/1095958274732519425 wrote:I'm sorry Trump! I draw slowly! Get off my back! Geez!
► Show Spoiler
So, we'll stay likely, as this wall is not for the comic.

reason for edit: put spoiler tags around the images, so the post becomes easier to read and scroll past

Bapuvitttssf
Of Few Words

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:55 am

Master TMO wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:13 amI don't see any warts on Salt, at least. Yet...
There is no reason it should happen.

Indeed, Salt touched a full-of-warts part of Forgath on previous page, as mentioned here:
Goodstuff wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:47 pmJust wanted to point put that Salt touches Forgath’s left shoulder (which is covered in blister). This aint over...
But the annoying klik itself mentioned in panel 5 of this recent page that:
Salt wrote:(...) if we get scratched or bitten, we'll be come infected too.
Simply touching blisters should not have any effect.

Zeus1976
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Zeus1976 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:08 am

Bapuvitttssf wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:55 am
Master TMO wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:13 amI don't see any warts on Salt, at least. Yet...
There is no reason it should happen.

Indeed, Salt touched a full-of-warts part of Forgath on previous page, as mentioned here:
Goodstuff wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:47 pmJust wanted to point put that Salt touches Forgath’s left shoulder (which is covered in blister). This aint over...
But the annoying klik itself mentioned in panel 5 of this recent page that:
Salt wrote:(...) if we get scratched or bitten, we'll be come infected too.
Simply touching blisters should not have any effect.

I have to agree with you, i think of it almost like a zombie virus, injury by them will get you infected but basic touch usually doesn't.

DrinksTea
Mutters to Themself

Post by DrinksTea » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:19 am

Wha?! NO! Forgath!! No! Please! Not you too! Not you too...

Well played Thunt! Well played.

I was going to leave it at that, but I really can't help myself, and feel the need to comment:

It's NOT like a virus. It's warped shapeshifting magic. A Klik mustn't EAT other shapeshifting magic because they're basically made of shapeshifting magic. So passing along the warped magics by scratching or biting makes sense. By touch does not: because a Klik can touch (hold) a shapeshifting magic items. We see Ward holding the Axe of Racism after the bite has been taken out of it! BUT: maybe like a zombie virus??? (Because I've always assumed there must be a magical component to an zombie virus... there's lots of reasons!!!)

The beard is NOT indestructible: it's theoretically almost impervious to physical damage. Poison on the other hand is not physical damage, not to mention that the reconstructed beard is powered off Forgath's IME... so if Forgath dies, no more IME, no more beard.

Dies doesn't turn to dust because HIS arm repair job was NOT done properly (and is a separate entity from Dies: as opposed to Forgath's repair jobs which were done properly, and thus are a part of him).

As for why a wood eating Klik would take a bite out of the Axe of Racism... maybe the handle is made from wood????? There is no reason it couldn't be silver coloured wood...

Mockery
Remains Silent

Post by Mockery » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:45 am

WearsHats wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:01 pm Will he be a regular dwarf? Will he have the Klik patches? Will he be a Klik? Something else?
A few different thoughts leap to mind:

1. Forgath having so many different Klikbits in him means he comes back as Klokgath.

2. He's still an unknown quantity, so the attempt to bring him back doesn't work right.
2a. Ward shrugs and goes, "Welp, the gross meatbag's gone, let's go." This may or may not come after a failed attempt: Ward's empathy for anything that isn't another Klik has thus far been completely nonexistent. Salt might try afterward and fail more spectacularly, or succeed?

3. The encroaching hell-ness may mess things up.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure Forgath's suffering isn't done.

Sessine
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Sessine » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:20 pm

Mockery wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:45 am Regardless, I'm pretty sure Forgath's suffering isn't done.
However he comes out, I bet he'll be easier to draw.
► Show Spoiler

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:10 am

0z79 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:28 pm So, now I know why Kore's missing that half of his face.

Yeah. Me to. Souls or evil deeds will be his positive. Him eating evil will make him not lose his paladin status.
It'll also turn out that Kin was a cursed dwarf all along, and that Kore died falling down the pit.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.