Idle Made It All Better, Feb 11 2019 and Literally the 11th Hour

Discuss the comic here!
Goodstuff
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: Idle Made It All Better, Feb 11 2019 and Literally the 11th Hour

Post by Goodstuff » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:26 am

DrinksTea wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:19 am As for why a wood eating Klik would take a bite out of the Axe of Racism... maybe the handle is made from wood????? There is no reason it couldn't be silver coloured wood...
I think it's made out of metal, and Ward, the magic item eating klik, took a bite out of it and blamed it on the warped one. He's already eaten a magic sword, fits his diet better than the bark-eating one.

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:18 am

GathersIngredients wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:32 am But we still haven't gotten an explanation why a klik like woody would take a bite out of a metal, shape-changing magical axe/sword. It bugs me so much.
Possibly magic items always count as a Klik's positive, or at least are appetizing even if they aren't nourishing (in other word Buzz looked at the axe and went "ooh, bacon!", even though he's normally "vegan").

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:10 am

Goodstuff wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:26 am
DrinksTea wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:19 amAs for why a wood eating Klik would take a bite out of the Axe of Racism... maybe the handle is made from wood????? There is no reason it couldn't be silver coloured wood...
I think it's made out of metal, and Ward, the magic item eating klik, took a bite out of it and blamed it on the warped one. He's already eaten a magic sword, fits his diet better than the bark-eating one.
That's what I've been saying. Ward probably knew about Buzz's affliction for a while and that he'd made a good scapegoat.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Master TMO
Speaks Quietly

Post by Master TMO » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:46 am

DrinksTea wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:19 am As for why a wood eating Klik would take a bite out of the Axe of Racism... maybe the handle is made from wood????? There is no reason it couldn't be silver coloured wood...
I think all *normal* Klik's eat metal and have a negative (blood for our original Klik, stone for Buzz). It's when they become warped that they gain a positive, and Buzz then started eating wood.

Morgaln
Likes to Contribute

Post by Morgaln » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:05 am

Master TMO wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:46 am
I think all *normal* Klik's eat metal and have a negative (blood for our original Klik, stone for Buzz). It's when they become warped that they gain a positive, and Buzz then started eating wood.
Nope, every Klik has their own positive: http://goblinscomic.com/blog/thuntonian ... iks-part-1

0z79
Whispers Softly

Post by 0z79 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:11 am

I apologize for my profanity, but... this is kinda fucked. It's way morbid to dwell on a character's death for, like, 8+ frames.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:51 am

Not so much, it's just the sequential art way of showing a gradual process; Senior got the same treatment, last we saw Dies & Fox.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

ilikeboris
Remains Silent

Post by ilikeboris » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:55 am

Update! Update!

Seriously, last night I had a dream that not only was the main comic not updated, but Thunt had started a whole new comic that wasn't even in the same world. I don't think it was prophetic unless his drawing quality goes back down to when he first started Goblins. But it was so real and I woke up convinced that I read it last night.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:24 am

[url]https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/1102840839007494144[/url] on 5 March wrote:I know I've been really quiet lately. Everything is cool, just working through some stuff. I'm alive and well, just been staying off the internet for a bit. I'll be back soon.
Hmm, maybe he IS preparing some other stuff (besides the module for the Well Of Darkness)....

Scrolling Thunt's timeline further down:
[url]https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/1096902632348704768[/url] on 16 February wrote:There will be no Goblins update this Monday, because I've been focusing on getting this module finished. But the comic isn't going to switch over to other characters and leave you wondering if Forgath can be brought back. That gets sorted one way or another, first.
Nope, he should stay.
I hope this comforts you sufficiently before your next night...

Edit: Hmm, the [ url] tags within [ quote=""] tags are broken. Previously I could even use [colour] tags there, but that was broken since the forum update (new phpBB likely can't take it).
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:31 pm

Krulle wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:24 am
[url]https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/1102840839007494144[/url] on 5 March wrote:I know I've been really quiet lately. Everything is cool, just working through some stuff. I'm alive and well, just been staying off the internet for a bit. I'll be back soon.
Hmm, maybe he IS preparing some other stuff (besides the module for the Well Of Darkness)....

Scrolling Thunt's timeline further down:
[url]https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/1096902632348704768[/url] on 16 February wrote:There will be no Goblins update this Monday, because I've been focusing on getting this module finished. But the comic isn't going to switch over to other characters and leave you wondering if Forgath can be brought back. That gets sorted one way or another, first.
Nope, he should stay.
I hope this comforts you sufficiently before your next night...

Edit: Hmm, the [ url] tags within [ quote=""] tags are broken. Previously I could even use [colour] tags there, but that was broken since the forum update (new phpBB likely can't take it).
It works if you only have text within the URL tags. I can't get it to take color or formatting tags, though.
Thunt_Goblins on 5 March wrote:I know I've been really quiet lately. Everything is cool, just working through some stuff. I'm alive and well, just been staying off the internet for a bit. I'll be back soon.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:02 am

Oh I know the difference between [ url=*url]name[/url] tags and [ url]*url*[/url], but previously the quote tag left the text after the [/url] tag in the normal black....
The handling of the quote tag has been changed with the phpBB update.
I just wonder why the developers took such a large step backwards....

Nothing sincere, just observing.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

ilikeboris
Remains Silent

Post by ilikeboris » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:34 am

Krulle wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:24 am I hope this comforts you sufficiently before your next night...
Thanks. And now I realize that it was a dick move to clamor for an update when I know that Thunt has periods where he shouldn't push himself.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:40 pm

Krulle wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:02 am Oh I know the difference between [ url=*url]name[/url] tags and [ url]*url*[/url], but previously the quote tag left the text after the [/url] tag in the normal black....
The handling of the quote tag has been changed with the phpBB update.
I just wonder why the developers took such a large step backwards....

Nothing sincere, just observing.
I figured you knew the difference. I was just pointing out that plain vanilla tags still work, in case anybody cared. :)
ilikeboris wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:34 am
Krulle wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:24 am I hope this comforts you sufficiently before your next night...
Thanks. And now I realize that it was a dick move to clamor for an update when I know that Thunt has periods where he shouldn't push himself.
No worries. Everybody wants an update. It's not like you were rude about it. :)