Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:51 pm

"You ok?"

Ves scrambles quickly over.

"What happened?!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:54 pm

"No worries, Cap'n here is so used to looking through Ruby when he flies, she thought she'd give it a try. "

Kroshav puts shields his mouth from Joe with a grinning stage whisper and a wink.

"She's not very good. "
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:56 pm

"Well everything hurts but it feels much bett'r thanks ta Krostav, Ah'm mostly glad Ah ain't dead. Ah think Ah slipp'd but Ah cannae rememb'r."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:17 pm

Jolly just rubs his eyes and leans on a boulder.

"Everything. Everything's tryna kill us."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:56 pm

((... Really should have just let the guy who was giving everyone bonuses go last. Since, y'know, the hook lasts an entire damn hour, and there was literally zero benefit for anyone to have Lurn go before them. But y'know, okay.

As for the damage to Joe, can we have Lurn heal her before Kroshav? Grave Circle clerics get guaranteed maximum healing on a target with 0hp, so Cure Wounds would heal 13HP. If we hit any trouble, Lurn being down one spell slot is a lot better than Joe being injured and Kroshav being down one spell slot.))

"Trying is the key word. Nothing has succeeded."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:05 pm

((Kroshav's first impulse was to get her stabilized with a hit of Lay on Hands, unless Lurn had conveyed otherwise to him and had been right there on hand, he wouldn't have delayed keeping her from dying by getting her back to 1 HP.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:29 pm

((He wouldn't have been standing right under the rope, so I guess I'll save my spell slot.))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:59 pm

((Sorry! I have the same impulse with my grave cleric in my RL campaign! It hasn't come up yet, but eventually someone is going to want healing when they are in single digits... my dwarf follower of Kelemvor uses a shovel as his weapon of choice, so I'm going to ask them to close their eyes, then crack them on the head before healing them.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:04 pm

((Eh, not really your fault, I've just been really irritable today. It's stupidly hot, a constant flow of water isn't quite enough to completely stave off headaches, and I hate everything.))
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:08 pm

((Not sure if it's been explained to him adequately, since he at least somewhat thinks you worship Kevin, but if you want to say Lurn let Kroshav know, he can be sure to call the cleric in for healing of downed folks in the future.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:50 pm

((Fine for whatever turn backs on time to have Lurn do the healing instead.

What you doing now that Joe is more or less recovered?))

Jolly doesn't look reassured by Lurn's pep talk.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:06 am

((Nah, we worked out that Kroshav would be healing Joe before Lurn could react anyway.))

With the difficulties dealt with, Lurn moves to Kroshav's side, "In the future, it would probably be better to let me handle people that badly hurt. Normally the healing my Lord provides is no more powerful than that provided by yours, but being that I worship the Lord of the Dead, my arts are particularly effective on those nearing death." Glancing at the cliffs around them, the large man shrugs, "If we have to climb another cliff to get out of this ravine, we may wish to be providing the best healing possible in the near future."
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:47 am

"Let's... Take a short break. Ten, fifteen minutes and we'll move on. Joe, get yourself feeling better, catch your breath, and if you can get our rope back down I'd appreciate it."

Ves scouts on a little way to get a better feel for the canyon now they're in it.

((Little bit fluffy here- she's mostly taking a walk to clear her head a little after one of her clients nearly died))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:52 am

Joe dismisses the hook and lets gravity do it's thing. "Takin' a short break sounds wond'rful."

Ruby chirps, seemingly happy his master is okay. "Aw ye were worr'd about meh." She gives him head scratches.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:25 am

Kroshav nods. "Suppose you ought to be the last one up, in case there are any other... whoopsies climbing out?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:35 am

Ves will calm down a little and go back to recover and repack the rope.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:49 am

((Moving along the bottom then? How long will you do that?))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:51 am

spiderwrangler wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:25 am Kroshav nods. "Suppose you ought to be the last one up, in case there are any other... whoopsies climbing out?"
"Ah'd rath'r not be tha last un out, just incase Ah do fall again. But Ah think that if ye pull us up one by one then it shouldnae be as bad."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:54 am

((we're not climbing out tho, were walking up the inside of the crevasse. Climbing out is for later))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:03 am

((Sorry, Kroshav was talking to Lurn. Joe should NOT be the last one out when it comes to it.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:04 am

((Okay, when would Ves start looking for a place to climb out? If at all?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:42 am

((Hopefully before it starts to rain. :lol: ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:54 am

While in the crevasse, Jaq would be start using/practicing his hiding/scouting skills, he will stay about equal in the lead with Ves, but on the other side of the crevasse, trying to be quiet and stealthy. He lets the others know what he is doing. "I need to practice being stealthy out here in the wilds, so this seems like a great place to practice and start trying to do it..."
Stealth: 1d20+8 = [19] = 27

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:56 am

"I see you! Mar'lin? Oh... that's a rock.", Kroshav says, playing hide and seek with the elf.

1d20+1 = [4] = 5
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:31 am

(I will have to deal with the name issue with Kroshav before we are back home.) :)