► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:29 pm

Perception 1d20+2 = [19] = 21

(using up all of my good rolls now...next combat I might really suck if law of averages kicks in)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:31 pm

((Well, if that's the case, I'll be primed for action!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:32 pm

Per [1d20] = 19

(I forgot if its been said are the shrooms edible?)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:39 pm

thinkslogically wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:28 am And don't eat these!"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:06 am

Perception: 1d20+7 = [20] = 27
Lurn with his gods blessed all-seeing-eyes over here. XD

Also, I'm just gonna...
Nature: 1d20-1 = [2] = 1
Okay, yeah, Lurn doesn't know the horror of how mushrooms tend to get their nutrients. (Pro tip: It's by eating dead things.)
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:00 am

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:17 am

No more than thirty feet away a lump of grass and roots lifts and something smooth and as wide as Kroshav's chest pokes out at about waist height (head height for Joe).

Lurn spots it immediately and begins to move behind a nearby tree, a split second later everyone but Kroshav has spotted it and have a chance to dodge out of the way as whatever it is sprays something white in their direction!

((Dex save from everyone but Kroshav, I already have Lurn's.))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:01 am

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:02 am

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:06 am

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:28 am

The thick whitish liquid splashes over Jolly and Kroshav. Kroshav is caught completely unawares but Jolly, unfortunately, got to see it coming and lets out a surprised yell as he gets hit. Everyone else manages to duck, dodge or twist out of the blast.

Immediately after firing whatever it was it fired, the thing disappears back under the earthen hatch.

Jolly looks down at his now white slimy chest and starts desperately wiping at it and says, panic rising in his voice,

"Wha? Wha is it? Gods get it off me."

Kroshav is covered in the same slime, some even on his snout. It smells a little like off wine left out too long.

Lurn notices another earthen hatch opening 20 feet behind the group.

Jolly perception: 1d20-1 = [14] = 13
Jolly Dex: 1d20-1 = [5] = 4
Lurn Dex: 2d20+1 = [14, 8] = 15

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:33 pm

"Feckin spid'rs!" Joe moves away from the webbing and readies a firebolt to launch at the spider when it shows its ugly mug again.

Dex [1d20+4] = 13+4 = 17
Halfling powers activate!
Firebolt reroll[1d20+4] = 3+4 = 7

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:29 pm

"Does the slime hurt?" he asks the two who got covered in it.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:46 pm

Jolly stops scrapping at the whatever, briefly, and gives Jaq a terrified look and says,

"No, thats bad? Hells it musta burned through everything or something. Spiders?!"

Before trying to get his new, unfamiliar scale armor off quickly. It goes poorly.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:58 pm

"What the fork?!... Gross..."

Kroshav pulls out his pick and slams it down into the mound that just gooed him, trying to lever the lid up.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:10 pm

Ves sees Jolly try to get out of his armor and tries to identify if the white stuff if dangerous:

Nature: 1d20 = [8] = 8

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:37 am

Kroshav rushes 30 feet to the mound of dirt and roots and tries to flip it open to repay whatever it was for whatever it did.

((Strength check please.))

Ves takes a moment to ponder Jolly's situation as he continues to try and unbuckle things quickly. The white stuff doesn't seem to be causing any harm to Jolly, beyond the emotional. The only thing that it vaguely reminds her of is rather thick bird poop? Which based on what she just saw does make sense.

The mound that Lurn saw opening now opens and a large insectiod head pokes up, then another one beside it. They have thin heads with generous jaws and their compound eyes are fixed on the group. Their expressions are utterly alien to Lurn. One makes a quiet clicking noise.

((The two heads Lurn sees now belong to small creatures, the back end he saw maybe half a minute earlier was larger.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:30 am

Lurn fixes his attention on the new arrivals. "It's not burning you. It's stinking you. Making a smell to follow or target, or maybe to mess with your senses. That's what I'd bet on, since more things are popping up from another of those hatches. That or whatever that was just dumped its garbage on us without realising it." Glaring at the two new faces, the firbolg raises one hand, points at the creatures, and then makes a very rude gesture.

"Joe, could you just clean those two up? Just to be safe."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:52 am

Upon seeing Lurn gesture at them the smaller creatures make a sound like an ungreased wheel and duck out of sight, the earthen hatch closing over them.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:50 am

Strength: 1d20 = [11] = 11 (+7 if Athletics applies)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:27 am

Kroshav hooks his pick into the mound and levers it back easily enough. He glares down the hole after his attacker but instead finds a large, dark tunnel that slants steeply down and to the northeast (away from the party). He can hear some faint rusty metal on metal sounds and popping/clicking.

The tunnel is wide enough for him to walk without problem but he will have to hunch down should he decide to pursue.

((He can see 90 feet before the tunnel gets too dark and curves a bit. He can't see any side passages or intersections from the opening.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:33 am

"Don't go running into the beast's lair, Kroshav."
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:36 am

Ves grabs Jolly's hands to stop him taking his armour off.

"Jolly, stop! You're not hurt, and this stuff is... Just, shit I think? but taking your armor off is an easy way to get killed. Lurn! Kroshav! What are these things?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:51 am

"No damn clue. The smaller ones seemed skittish. Hid the moment I pointed at them. If they're a threat, they use a distraction like this to attack by surprise."
My game:

My characters: