Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:39 am

Only got actions from Drake for the second group so far, I'll be taking actions from them soon :shifty:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:22 pm

M0rtimer wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:00 pm Yeah, might be one round for Maku to get to the front and start making new entrances, though.
That's fine, Izzy will wait until the guy(s) inside seem suitably distracted.

Per check: 25
Stealth check: 17

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:57 pm

I am so sorry for disappearing like that. I moved in with my mom last weekend and just started a new job today, so with the stress of all that, I've been spending a lot less time on fun internet things. I should have told you guys to act for me if I don't respond, but I didn't even think about it. I'm sorry.

So yeah. I should be back now, but just in case, if I don't respond with a day or so of the update, feel free to choose for me. Again, I'm sorry
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:05 pm

did a quick couple fixes to the big combat going on, also has an image now... Update for Irene and Izzy hopefully today still!

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:16 pm

Neat! Quick note, I just remembered that Isabella could have Heavy Armor on right now, depending on if she wanted to put it on back at the temple.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:36 pm

Right! Yeah, she'll be wearing that knowing the situation.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:39 pm

Can someone KO the Granbull before Rawku goes, so he doesn't kill a poor doggo? :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:41 pm

I'm assuming we're going with 1 stone shard per hit with the sword, even for AoE attacks? What about for Pass attacks where there are multiple accuracy checks?
My current inclination right now is to just say "one stealth rock per attack", which is free bonus damage with every attack but... Maybe? Hmm...

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:52 pm

Also, double post but...
Seeing the Tsareena charge in, Koa bodily shoves his big Rhydon out of the way with a Melee Intercept, taking his place! Koa's skin instinctively hardens against he incoming, razor sharp leaves (Stone Guardian, +5 DR for one full round). In total Koa takes 42(14) damage, leaving Rawku in peak condition!
Given the AOE, I'm not sure if that'd work in this instance? It attacked the tiles in a triangle beneath it, so a push straight from the left would keep Rawku in the AOE- And I don't think it's possible/supposed to be the intention you can shift from a different direction to push them in a different one..?

On the other hand, assuming one has the movement, and can make the required check... Maybe not a big issue? What are your guys thoughts on what can/can't be done regarding that?

In each case, if you're going to be intercepting for last turn, Koa wouldn't have an action left this turn.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:57 pm

Koa didn't push Rawku from the left, he pushed from below. The Tsareena moved when Koa and Rawku were still lined up like this:
► Show Spoiler
Also Koa has Defender, so Intercepting just takes a Shift action.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:58 pm

I mean... I'm with your initial call. It doesn't make sense that you have the time to run around to the other side of the person you're pushing out of the way and then shove them.
(Whether or not Koa's actually in the right position to get Rawku out of the road isn't really relevant to what I'm saying, I'm just talking in the general sense)
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:00 pm

Hmmm..... I think you are allowed to intercept an aoe. Let me check....
Note: If the target that was Intercepted was hit by an
Area of Effect Move, and the 1 meter push does not
remove them from the Area of Effect, the Intercept has
no effect since they are still in the area of the attack –
it would cause the Interceptor to be hit by the Move
however.
Here we go. Would it push the Rhydon out of range?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:03 pm

Oh right- You wouldn't have seen the original position when they got hit and... admittedly, I thought Koa was on the left, but I don't recall for certain. I'll just let it slide and assume you probably have a better idea of it, which is probably true :P

And defender, right. All in order then I'm pretty sure.

And that AOE thing is exactly what I was saying Burns, in that pushing Rawku (from the position I thought them to be) would still have them in the AOE

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:06 pm

Also asking again about Alex being badly hurt already because I don't remember there being combat since we last had time to heal and I don't remember seeing a reply confirming or denying that.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:10 pm

Dlover wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:06 pm Also asking again about Alex being badly hurt already because I don't remember there being combat since we last had time to heal and I don't remember seeing a reply confirming or denying that.
Heal to full HP at least. How many injuries does he have..? Probably would have healed at least one..?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:20 pm

Sitting on 2 at the moment.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:08 pm

I just realized Haley's putting the Granbull to sleep, woops. Maybe Haley could delay until after Koa goes? Then Rawku could go beat up a rat while it's asleep.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:24 am

Dusk9 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:22 pm Per check: 25
Stealth check: 17
Reposting my rolls from earlier.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:10 am

SuperVaderMan wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:08 pm I just realized Haley's putting the Granbull to sleep, woops. Maybe Haley could delay until after Koa goes? Then Rawku could go beat up a rat while it's asleep.
Uh sure. Haley can do that.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:56 am

Just realised I had 2 pokemon missing from my pokedex, and that bumped Bjorn up to Level 12!

So thats +1 SATK, and edges spent on Master Athletics and Master Survival.
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:31 am

Just waiting on Theis, right? :shifty:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:39 am

Just been busy for the most part. Also, I'm notoriously bad at putting out combat updates... :paranoia:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:00 am

Oh right, been swamped with work. Ghos intercepts for Drake and Drake retaliates with his own gun I guess
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:13 pm

A few notes/questions about recent the update:
- Are you sure the Krokorok is still up? It got hit by a pretty hefty Fairy attack from Koa, when it was already Heavily Injured.
- Koa should be NE of the Granbull after Slicing through it and the Krokorok
- Rawku lost a Tick of HP from the Vortex, putting him at 82 HP.
- I asked Burns earlier in the OOC if he'd have Haley put the Granbull to sleep after Koa attacks it, to free up Rawku to go Drill Run the Raticate. Would you allow that, or is it too late? :paranoia:
- Shouldn't Roy be at a lower HP total? He's taken 42 damage so far, but he's only missing 21 HP (31 if you count the gun injury I think)?

Also, that's not a ruby, Burns, that's one of Koa's Stealth Rocks

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:32 pm

...Oh. Oops I thought it was a ruby that the commander dropped!