Post by GuessesWildly » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:30 pm

Well, there goes 4 rounds of Golem use.

https://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-12-2019

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Re: A convenient march (June 03, 2019)

Post by Tofu » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:08 pm

Nice to see Kore returning to the plot line, and he looks righteously unhappy. Grumpy (heh, get it, grumpy and he is a dwarf, HAR! ... ok, probably not funny, I'll shut up now) Kore.

The twist & break to the top of the helm so his glowing eye(s) is distorted towards his right temple is disturbing. He has lost his shield, and I see only one of his two axes in his hands, one had it's head shattered by Kin's invulnerable tail. Does he has his multi-shot quick loading quadbolt still? I can't see them. I guess they are also damaged. I cannot recall them being lost or destroyed. In any case, his capacity to attack and defend has been greatly reduced, but I still imagine it's still a relatively huge attack and a substantial defence ...

On reflection, Kore is just astoundingly capable at escaping from pit traps. I wonder if he has a secret power AND knowing the exit route from any pit trap, AND the ability to land safely without damage from any pit trap. I mean, he has to fall in them in the first place, that would be a silly power, to not be affected by them, but the lack of taking significant damage, that's impressive. (Some little mechanic similar to Min-Max's - something like trade ability to laugh at knock-knock jokes in return for ability to featherfall safely in the last 20 metres of a pit trap) We still know a lot less about Kore than we want to, well I do any way. The enduring mystery of him is pretty impressive. An excellent character.

I am wondering if there is a point when he casts 'heal Armour' upon himself. That would be an impressive game changing spell to cast. The armour re-creation for BigEars was awesome when taking on the Axe, what about the taking of Kore's distorted Paladin mantle? Was there an armouring up stage then? I am thinking there is more backstory to come out there.

Golem - yeah, that's going to be a useful attacking bonus against Kore, if it can be used effectively ...I will bet it is only used effectively by Thaco ...

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:19 pm

My Mistake, Kore got smashed up bad with that last pit trap.

http://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-7-2018

I think I am laughing at the damage and pain he suffered - but not really ... nope, not laughing at all.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:27 pm

I haven't been commenting on the comic all that much lately, but I have to say I'm really, really excited. Rematch between the goblins and Kore, with some help from Minmax and a giant Golem. This will be a fight for the ages!
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:37 pm

Chances are still near-absolute that Minmax will prioritize saving Kin over looking for Fumbles and I can't imagine him valuing the rest as any more than truce-bound xp fodder. Even when she's safe, there's no promise they'll search for the goblins together. If anything, I expect Minmax will accompany Kin to help finish her quest and he might not even meet the goblins again until they pass Web Lake or later.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:53 pm

I thought that the crossbows were attached to the shield/the shield's rail in some fashion, but the link you provided shows that he can use them without pulling the shield in front of them. So it was really more tactics of him to shoot the crossbows while hiding behind the shield (which both items clearly were designed for).

However, on the same page, we see that he can "stash" these bows somewhere and not leave an observer any wiser (the frontal shot is very similar between your linked page and today's page; granted there was some IME fog, that might cover them, back then, but it seems they are hidden behind his huge hands more often than not), so he might still have them.

Also, I kinda think that with all those souls/essence (of previous tellers) he absorbed AND his alternate personality Senor Vorpal Kickasso, Fumbles should reasonably arguable be able to use that helmet longer than 4 rounds. o:) 8)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Goodstuff
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Goodstuff » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:03 pm

Kore... damn, he's resilient. What's up with the teeth and faces on his head? Did he eat a flea demon?

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:11 pm

BuildsLegos wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:37 pm Chances are still near-absolute that Minmax will prioritize saving Kin over looking for Fumbles and I can't imagine him valuing the rest as any more than truce-bound xp fodder. Even when she's safe, there's no promise they'll search for the goblins together. If anything, I expect Minmax will accompany Kin to help finish her quest and he might not even meet the goblins again until they pass Web Lake or later.
Unless MinMax remembers his promise to help Ears kick Satans butt.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:50 pm

BuildsLegos wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:37 pmI expect Minmax will accompany Kin to help finish her quest and he might not even meet the goblins again until they pass Web Lake or later.
Kin's current quest is finding her trueseeing, and her target is Minmax.
She came into the dungeon by using the teapot, which she assumably already has returned to her clan, therefore her previous quest we know of is finished.

It is likely that Minmax and Kin will continue their path together, IF they meet.
But this is a tragedy comic, so Kore will meet them once they met, and then the Serpent becomes His Prey....
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Arrow
Whispers Softly

Post by Arrow » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:35 am

MY first thoughts reading the VR-helmet description was "ahh, pretty useless for combat unless Kore will conveniently march into the room soon. Maybe they can use the golem to pick themselves up to an upper floor"

Then as I was reading the next panels my thoughts were: "wtf, did this comics just read my mind?!"
Also -very cool and so excited to see a fight against Kore again!

I'm guessing they will each take their turn with the helmet, throwing it around like passing a ball as their 4 rounds are used.
I'm guessing that by the end the golem will be badly damaged (or possibly totally destroyed) and Kore will remain standing. He is too cool to loose to a statue. No idea what will happen next; maybe they can outrun him, assuming he lost his crossbows.
Last edited by Arrow on Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:03 am

Kore is still outside the mountin in which the dungeon is.
But he felt the mountain vibrate through the Golem's stamping.
If Kore knows the dungeon very well, he might know that someone is playing with the Golem.
He also knows the GAP is in there.

Arrow
Whispers Softly

Post by Arrow » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:53 am

Krulle wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:03 am Kore is still outside the mountin in which the dungeon is.
But he felt the mountain vibrate through the Golem's stamping.
If Kore knows the dungeon very well, he might know that someone is playing with the Golem.
He also knows the GAP is in there.
what? no, thats not what I understand -

I understand Kore near the underground river they fell/slid into, it could be just the place GAP were standing a short while ago.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:45 am

Things Krulle hasn't noticed:

1: Unless the Maze of Many's "land of home" promise is specific, Kin will need to travel direct south for at least a week to get home, not factoring random encounters along the way, and it's only a day later that she uses the teapot. The reason I believe she wasn't teleported straight home is that Thunt promised we're going to visit every dot on the map, which includes "Silkscale Clan". If the quest is already complete, there's no reason to go there; thus Kin must have stashed the Jade Teapot somewhere safe, most likely to the east of the Dragon's Maw. Not the most iron-clad thing to insist, I admit, but Thunt keeps the breaking of his promises out of how this story unfolds.
2: Those are Kore's own thumps and Thunt is always particular about his sound effects fonts.
3: Kin appears where Minmax was a moment prior, and proceeds to meet Kore WHILE STILL INSIDE THE DRAGON'S MAW.
Last edited by BuildsLegos on Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:55 am

Goodstuff wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:03 pmKore... damn, he's resilient. What's up with the teeth and faces on his head? Did he eat a flea demon?
If you're new to the comic, you should start reading at a point long before Kore's face-reveal which in turn is before the Axe of Prissan broke. I suggest Minmax & Forgath's first appearance, as they usher fingers into the story.
Generic wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:11 pmUnless MinMax remembers his promise to help Ears kick Satans butt.
If only because he hasn't been bonding with "Big Yellow", that's exactly the type of promise he wouldn't remember until the opportunity to keep it was presented and even then, he'll probably be made aware of how futile is will be. Big Ears will most likely need to go alone and give his life to ensure The Sacred's machinations are squandered.
Last edited by BuildsLegos on Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ForgetsKeys
Whispers Softly

Post by ForgetsKeys » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:44 am

Oooh, this could lead into a good fight. Seeing as I've never played D&D, I'm wondering how much can be accomplished in four rounds. Plus, Kore's pretty smart, and using the helmet leaves you vulnerable. My prediction is that they'll use the statue to constrain Kore. If one of the goblins can trap Kore in a bear hug on round four, the statue will freeze and Kore will be trapped, and then maybe we'll finally get some answers out of him.

Also, what do you think the original purpose of the statue is? I doubt the creator of the Dragon's Maw just put it there to help any adventurers in case their major nemesis happens to stroll in the room after them.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:43 pm

BuildsLegos wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:45 am Things Krulle hasn't noticed:

1: Unless the Maze of Many's "land of home" promise is specific, Kin will need to travel direct south for at least a week to get home, not factoring random encounters along the way, and it's only a day later that she uses the teapot. The reason I believe she wasn't teleported straight home is that Thunt promised we're going to visit every dot on the map, which includes "Silkscale Clan". If the quest is already complete, there's no reason to go there; thus Kin must have stashed the Jade Teapot somewhere safe, most likely to the east of the Dragon's Maw. Not the most iron-clad thing to insist, I admit, but Thunt keeps the breaking of his promises out of how this story unfolds.
2: Those are Kore's own thumps and Thunt is always particular about his sound effects fonts.
3: Kin appears where Minmax was a moment prior, and proceeds to meet Kore WHILE STILL INSIDE THE DRAGON'S MAW.
I don't care about that promise of point 1, and have forgotten that one anyway...
2. Are they? I find it weird Kore seems to notice something in those thumps, and stops (to listen, or reflect on the sound).
3. I noticed that one, but forgot it again before I posted.

It's my memory thing....
This comic is intersting, but far from things I need to remember....

Another thing: the remaining axe should have a crack...
Thunt's reply to a Russian reader who noticed the following:
ImageImage

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:13 pm

I think it's just an effect of the giant feet. It looks like he is not moving, evwn though he is supposed to be walking. Him hearing the sound would make sense to have him connect back with the GAP, but I think as Builds does. He is just making noise of his own.

https://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-3-2018
Last edited by Generic on Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keighvin1
Remains Silent

Post by Keighvin1 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:45 pm

I think Gathers Ingredients has a point, but for the wrong character. I’m worried they’re going to leave and Kore, of the many faces in his IME, control the golem for quite some time.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:24 pm

Keighvin1 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:45 pm I think Gathers Ingredients has a point, but for the wrong character. I’m worried they’re going to leave and Kore, of the many faces in his IME, control the golem for quite some time.
If I was a tormented ghost chained to the lovechild of Shub-Niggurath and Chewbacca, I would sure as hell not cooperate during my 4 rounds.

TheOneThatGotAway
Whispers Softly

Post by TheOneThatGotAway » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:58 am

4 rounds is VERY short it would seem. Barely enough time to look around, point, stomp a little and strike a pose... Also, do the rounds count for everyone at the same time? What did Thaco do with his four potential actions?

Vetala
Remains Silent

Post by Vetala » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:05 am

Unless our enemies want to conveniently march into this room for us.
Now that is koreshadowing.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:31 am

Krulle wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:43 pm Another thing: the remaining axe should have a crack...
Thunt's reply to a Russian reader who noticed the following:
ImageImage
Looks like some read your post, because now it's fixed. :)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:19 am

Why would Thunt need to read anything here when, as Krulle's link shows, he already responded to the tweet directed at him?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:02 pm

Well, the link is comparatively small...

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:25 am

Considering Kore is strong enough to frequently destroy his axes, I am surprised he did not go for maces or hammers instead.