Kore Has Some Complaining to Do, June 10 2019

Discuss the comic here!
BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Kore Has Some Complaining to Do, June 10 2019

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:07 pm

[ https://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-13-2019 ]

Kore is about to get much more difficult to draw.
Last edited by RocketScientist on Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Re: Kore Has Some Complaining to Do, June 10 2019

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:54 pm

First round, putting on the helm and it activates. Second round, glare. Third round, pulverize. Fourth round, dwarf tossing. Then, RUN.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

GuessesWildly
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by GuessesWildly » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:27 pm

In the words of a certain mister Ice Cube,

It's on like Donkey Kong

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:49 pm

It's nice to see that his... skin condition... morphs and moves. We've only seen a snapshot of it so far. It being animated what not clear then. This is more expressive and easier to draw. Good call Thunt.

I also like the face on his temple looking at the statue with that startled look.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:07 am

Aegis J Hyena wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:54 pmFirst round, putting on the helm and it activates. Second round, glare. Third round, pulverize. Fourth round, dwarf tossing. Then, RUN.
I'm 99.100% certain that glaring is a free move, to say nothing of spending rounds shouldn't start until the helmet is ON ALREADY. Besides, did you forget that Thaco and Big Ears will also get their 4 rounds each?

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:04 am

As a GM I always count glaring as free moves. As well as kracking knuckles, spinning daggers(if you're a rude but cool guy), gritting teeth, giggling. I think most players would want to stab whatever GM does not.

TheOneThatGotAway
Whispers Softly

Post by TheOneThatGotAway » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:05 am

How about just geting Kore in a choke hold / headlock / armlock and walking in just shishkebapping him with normal weapons while he's stuck? I hope they found that to be a better solution than trying to actually defeat him in 12 rounds time with a slow, cumbersome golem.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:15 am

If the golem is used to restrain Kore, he can probably just use Remove Paralysis to either open the arms, damage or even destroy it. What they need to do is demolish his armor and ax; reduce his threat-level as much as possible before making a break for it.

Rooks
Speaks Quietly

Post by Rooks » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:20 am

C'mon Complains. Please for the love of God, smash the hell outta Kore. We've been waiting so damn long for a scenario where someone squaring off with Kore has an advantage. Seems like it might finally be here.

Goodstuff
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Goodstuff » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:56 am

Would Ears be able to use the golem though? Wouldn't it be seen as dishonorable to face an opponent with a remotely controlled creature from a distance?

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:29 am

Not if the enemy in question is overwhelmingly more dangerous and there are no other options. Dishonorable methods are ideal compared to letting evil do its thing.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:51 am

Goodstuff wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:56 am Would Ears be able to use the golem though? Wouldn't it be seen as dishonorable to face an opponent with a remotely controlled creature from a distance?
No. Imagine bashing a paladin player for standing on top of a wall, pouring boiling oil at the undead instead of riding out to face them. Or to deploy catapults at a necromancer keep during a siege.
They are lawful good, not lawful single minded. As long as they are truthful, constant, beacons of hope, good and order, I say they pass for paladins.

If he used the golem to steal candy from children, sure. To stop Kore? Give paladins a break.

ForgetsKeys
Whispers Softly

Post by ForgetsKeys » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:31 am

I'm a little worried that Complains will either A) run into the wall or column and be unable to move the golem, or B) wander out into the open and be an easy target for Kore. The fact that the golem mimics moves (rather than obeying mental commands) seems like a big disadvantage in this situation.

And I'm also hoping they use the golem to restrain Kore. I want him to answer some questions.

Arrow
Whispers Softly

Post by Arrow » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Goodstuff wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:56 am Would Ears be able to use the golem though? Wouldn't it be seen as dishonorable t....
When I read that first part of your question I thought you are referring to his big ears and the small helmet and it made me chuckle...

So I'll now answer what I imagined you are asking -
- yes, I believe he will, since its a magic helmet, and these things resize to fit oversized ears.

Arrow
Whispers Softly

Post by Arrow » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:57 am

I was expecting the page to be the goblins hearing Kore getting closer (or maybe Ear's detect evil triggering, or maybe Senor's prophet skills triggering) - I was expecting the Goblins to find out Kore is coming and prepare.

I'm very happy we skipped that part - we're getting to the good part faster

Rooks
Speaks Quietly

Post by Rooks » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:47 am

Generic wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:51 am
Goodstuff wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:56 am Would Ears be able to use the golem though? Wouldn't it be seen as dishonorable to face an opponent with a remotely controlled creature from a distance?
No. Imagine bashing a paladin player for standing on top of a wall, pouring boiling oil at the undead instead of riding out to face them. Or to deploy catapults at a necromancer keep during a siege.
They are lawful good, not lawful single minded. As long as they are truthful, constant, beacons of hope, good and order, I say they pass for paladins.

If he used the golem to steal candy from children, sure. To stop Kore? Give paladins a break.
2nd'ing what Generic said. Lawful Good doesn't mean tactically stupid. You are stopping a known evil using a magic item.

GazC
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by GazC » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:58 am

My prediction for the next few thread titles,

"Kores bad day, part X"

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:27 pm

TheOneThatGotAway wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:05 amHow about just getting Kore in a choke hold / headlock / arm-lock and walking in just shishkebapping him with normal weapons while he's stuck? I hope they found that to be a better solution than trying to actually defeat him in 12 rounds time with a slow, cumbersome golem.
Considering Fumbles didn't notice himself slowing down, it must match the controller's movements, speed and all. Which actually makes this the best temporary weapon a small character could ask for.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:10 am

Yeah. It would probably make the movement faster even. The fist of the Golem goes faster than the fist of the Goblin. The stride is longer, and so on.

Having your squishy flesh body messing around with a little dance routine while the fight is happening can not really be considered an advantage though.

Jochi
Speaks Quietly

Post by Jochi » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:38 pm

I was thinking surprise round sneak attack damage -- but barbarians don't get that. Or monks. Never mind.

Bapuvitttssf
Of Few Words

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:10 pm

Generic wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:49 pmI also like the face on his temple looking at the statue with that startled look.
But does that mean Kore is now aware of the moving statue? Because it is part of him, can Kore see what this face sees?

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:50 am

Bapuvitttssf wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:10 pm
Generic wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:49 pmI also like the face on his temple looking at the statue with that startled look.
But does that mean Kore is now aware of the moving statue? Because it is part of him, can Kore see what this face sees?
In that case, if I were him, I would ditch the incredibly vision and hearing impairing helmet he's got going. Having literal eyes in the back of your neck would be worth trading some protection for I think. Particulary for someone like Kore who goes solo.

Got me thinking about who made the equipment for him. Did he show up in a heavy hooded cloak at a blacksmith one night?

Scene:Woolen cloak dripping with rain. Faint sound of tormented souls in the background. Other than that and the sound of the storm, everything is quiet. The village hounds are all silent, afraid to make a sound. The smith looks at him, holding a single candle in a trembling hand.

"I need armor. All of the armor. With this cool garage door of a shield I made up. With an eye slit that matches up with the single eyeslit in my helmet. Look at these cool drawings I made... What? Measurements? You need those? Alright. I'll remove the cloak.
You seem nervous? Are you... Afraid? Perhaps because you're evil? "

Wonder how many blacksmiths he murdered before he found one who did not flinch anywhere throughout the process.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:09 am

I wouldn't put it past Kore to learn blacksmithing just so he could avoid such hurdles.

Shardstorm
Of Few Words

Post by Shardstorm » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:19 pm

Can we get the link added to the first post please?

https://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-13-2019
- ANZ based gamer and reader.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:02 pm

Shardstorm wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:19 pm Can we get the link added to the first post please?

https://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-13-2019
Done