Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:15 pm

...I am not exacly sure what is going on. Like what the fork is with the portals? Why is there a projection? Why isn’t Haley closer? Also why does him holding the pokeball have any significance? Does this mean we can grab enemy pokeballs and use then against them?
Portals? What portals?

Projection is a pokemon. Sort of. You probably don't want to test how real or how not real it is.

I believe I moved Haley as far as possible. Is her overland higher than five?

And no, you can't grab pokeballs and expect the occupant to magically obey you. Well, at least not as long as you're not dealing with ancient cursed artifacts made by a literal god to enslave another one.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:17 pm

Yes, her overland is 7. By portals i mean the round things on the map that look like portals

So why can he command her then from just from obtaining the ball?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:19 pm

Right, in that case she can move two more squares up- Consider yourself there.

And those are supposed to be trees.

Already answered your other question.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:31 pm

Sooo what I am hearing is that if we obtain said artifact we can?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:51 pm

That does seem to be the implication.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:56 pm

Arch's talking about the colored circles above the Sharpedo projection, which is just some UI stuff from using Roll20.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:58 pm

Oh! Derp, sorry, I somehow completely blanked to the fact I forgot to deselect the sharpedo before taking the screenshot. What Vader said, yes. :roll:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:17 pm

Btw does this still count as the same Scene as with the hostage fight? For the purposes of Moves and Koa's sword effect.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:39 am

M0rtimer wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:05 pm Oh boy, here I go killing again.
Is it Alex? That guy's had it coming for a long time. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's already died. Like, three times. The weepinbell just felt so bad about eating such a friendly guy that it called upon the gods to make him immortal.

Also, I need to confirm some things for my actions:

1. What was the action to send out a pokemon? Shift or Swift? By raw it's shift, but I can't remember if we had an alternative for that, or if that difference is only in official battles or what.

2a. Movement speed. For a trainer, it's 3+(Ath+acro)/2. That division rounds down, right? So for Alex it would be 3+(2+1)/2=4?
2b. The Sprint action gives +50% movement for the turn. Does that apply before or after equipment changes? So, with his Running Shoes Alex gets +1 to movement speed. Now, if I'm right about movement rounding down I guess this doesn't really matter, since 5/2 and 4/2 both end up at 2. But if I'm somehow magically wrong it would make a difference.

3. What action is it to command a pokemon after it's sent out? Did we have a homeruled Command Action or something for it?

Basically I'm checking all these rulings because I need to work out whether, on my next turn, I can either do a lot of damage to the commander or force the Nurse to Intercept.

My Nefarious Plans (because I'll forget them by the time I have answers if I don't write them down.):
► Show Spoiler
Outside of that... Heads up folks, Alex is gonna be his usually smarmy ass self and try to draw attention to himself. If you can, avoid being a detriment to that. Let the dude with two "You actually don't hit me" moves do the tanking of a god's attacks for a bit.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:28 am

1. To send/recall a single pokemon out it's a Shift, two pokemon is a Standard. The only exception to this is recalling a KO'd pokemon (or conceded, which is homebrew), which is only Free if you send another pokemon out in it's place, which is still a Shift.

2. Yes, Alex's Overland is 4, and Sprint applies to your total overland, equipment and buffs included.

3. Trainers have something called a Pokemon Turn that's used to control their pokemon. You can use it whether your trainer's awake or KO'd.

As for your plan, Alex should be able to move 7 meters. (4+1)*1.5=7.5, round down to 7. Not that it matters, because you still need to Shift + Standard to move + send a pokemon out. But if you can still make it somehow, Koa just Flinched everyone there, so you should have an easy time getting the hit off.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:37 pm

Damn, I was really hoping things would be janky in my favour. But... without sprinting I can get Roy released two spaces north of Koa, and then he can cover the distance to land a punch... Problem is that I'm just praying things don't move around by the time it reaches my turn. XD Still, gonna try it, 'cause a Drain Punch would take off like... A quarter of a trainer's health, at minimum.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:55 pm

Dlover wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:39 am Outside of that... Heads up folks, Alex is gonna be his usually smarmy ass self and try to draw attention to himself. If you can, avoid being a detriment to that. Let the dude with two "You actually don't hit me" moves do the tanking of a god's attacks for a bit.
I think that makes it official. Alex has actually been suicidal this whole time and the universal powers-that-be are the only thing keeping him alive.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:35 pm

did we not confirm that when he literally trash-talked Xerneas? The legendary god with giant point antlers? directly to his face, too. The guy has literally zero fear, falling into a bottomless chasm and surviving either drove him insane or convinced him he's immortal. Or both. Probably both.
But seriously he can straight up negate two attacks (on different turns) through the use of Aura Powers and Magic Shield. He's like the most effective human tank possible.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:08 am

Just Drake left on our end, right? Unless we're waiting on a power plant battle update first :shifty:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Generator battle would come first, yeah. Sorry, been busy with festival stuff :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:31 am

cripes, it's been a whole week already hasn't it..? I'll try and find some time to make an update. :oops:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:51 pm

Update is halfway done. Vader, Koa got infatuated though. Do you resume as is and do halved damage, or adjust your targets to not hit Uyum?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:58 pm

Oh sure I can move the AoE up, centered 1 North of the Boss to hit just him and his Conkeldurr (and the hooded grunt if he moves into position?).

The big thing I wanted was to see if the Fairy Rock Slide could finish the Conkeldurr so Lonaki could get a big hit in, so this is fine.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:43 am

Fair! I think I might be mixing up how infatuation works just a tiny bit though- I think you get a -5 damage penalty regardless? And it's halved stats when attacking the one you're infatuated with? Not sure, doublecheck if you want, I cant until I'm home. :P If that changes anything?

You can go ahead and give me a save roll for it already though.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:14 am

Correct!
February 2016 Playtest Packet wrote:Infatuation: Infatuated users take a -5 penalty on all Damage Rolls that do not include their Crush as a target.
For determining Damage Rolls that do include their Crush as a target, the Infatuated target’s Attack and Special
Attack are halved. The user is cured of Infatuation with a Save Check of 16+ made at end of turn.
So Koa would only be doing 28 damage to the two rather than 25 damage to several more, RAW. I'd be interested in seeing what your ideas are though.

Infatuation check against Uyum (16+): 1d20 = [11] = 11
Nope!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:26 am

I think the new infatuation rules are ok? They're better than "you can't attack the one you're infatuated" with, at least.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:13 pm

Also, I've noticed Bruce sheet seems to be WAY out of date..? Sam, have you ever looked at restoring injuries?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:42 pm

To be fair, I constantly forget too.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:08 pm

Did you miss Lonaki's attack, Mort? And I'm just checking, but did you account for Koa's Rock Slide being Fairy-typed, against the Conkeldurr?

Also, for everything that got Flinched, it'd be helpful if you could note their adjusted initiatives. Especially since apparently there were a bunch of invisible ghosts, and I'm not sure how many of those got hit? Everything flinched should have -5 init.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:11 pm

Interpretation question:
Effect: Stomp Flinches the target on 15+. If the target is
at least one size category smaller than the user, Stomp
deals an additional 10 damage.
Does this mean if the target is small and pokemon is medium, additional damage is dealt? Or does 'at least' mean that the user must be large and the target small?

Also m0rt, did you factor in that Bjorn's Glacial Ice gives a damage reduction of 6 against rock type attacks against Sneak? Pretty sure he'd still be wasted though, just wanted to check.
► Show Spoiler