Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:13 pm

Yeah, just one size difference is enough. Medium-sized pokemon do extra damage when Stomping Small ones.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:34 pm

Exp reminder :paranoia:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:59 pm

SuperVaderMan wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:08 pm Did you miss Lonaki's attack, Mort? And I'm just checking, but did you account for Koa's Rock Slide being Fairy-typed, against the Conkeldurr?

Also, for everything that got Flinched, it'd be helpful if you could note their adjusted initiatives. Especially since apparently there were a bunch of invisible ghosts, and I'm not sure how many of those got hit? Everything flinched should have -5 init.
Yup and yup. You had him delay until after Koa, and I forgot that he was doing that. I'll have to fix that. I can tell you all ghosts got flinched though, should be listed in their part of the initiative?

And I can note the initiative, sure. Later, though, can't while I'm at work.
Synch wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:11 pm Interpretation question:
Effect: Stomp Flinches the target on 15+. If the target is
at least one size category smaller than the user, Stomp
deals an additional 10 damage.
Does this mean if the target is small and pokemon is medium, additional damage is dealt? Or does 'at least' mean that the user must be large and the target small?

Also m0rt, did you factor in that Bjorn's Glacial Ice gives a damage reduction of 6 against rock type attacks against Sneak? Pretty sure he'd still be wasted though, just wanted to check.
Nope! Feel free to remove 9 damage, though I don't think it's enough yeah. And Vader is correct.
Dusk9 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:34 pm Exp reminder :paranoia:
Is alright, hadn't actually forgotten yet, but not had the chance to do it though :P

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:05 am

Intercepting Roy's attack means the Nurse can't act at all this round, right? I'll accept that. He lives for another round, but the literal god is incapacitated.

Oh, and here's another thing: Roy heals from Drain Punch. Half of however much damage he dealt (64- the nurse's defence * any type modifiers).
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:40 pm

M0rtimer wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:59 pm
Nope! Feel free to remove 9 damage, though I don't think it's enough yeah. And Vader is correct.
Haha he lives! 1HP! :lol:
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:15 pm

I'm holding off on posting until Lonaki's attack resolves, btw. I'm not sure who it's hitting and what that'll affect. Like, I'm assuming the Conkeldurr would've taken the hit for its trainer, but then wouldn't that eat up the General's Pokemon Turn, preventing Uyum from Intercepting Roy? Uyum seems to have two turns per round, though, so idk :shrug:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:43 am

Sorry if i dont post. I have school stuffs. I noticed buttercup fainted, but she shouldnt had any injuries and still be up. Also haley intentionally moved a lot closer to the commander, within 6 m to be precice.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:07 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:43 am Sorry if i dont post. I have school stuffs. I noticed buttercup fainted, but she shouldnt had any injuries and still be up. Also haley intentionally moved a lot closer to the commander, within 6 m to be precice.
You're right, I'll move Haley still. And Buttercup was injured on your sheet- Was that not from the previous battle, should they have been at full health?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:55 am

The previous battle she was in was the gym, which all her injuries should been healed.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:04 am

Keeping your sheets up-to-date is important. It makes things less confusing for the GM, who has a ton on his plate already :thumbsup:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:10 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:55 am The previous battle she was in was the gym, which all her injuries should been healed.
In that case, Buttercup should still be up I believe.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:26 pm

Did an update, the conkeldurr is KO'd after Lonaki's attack

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:12 pm

Also, Izzy and Irene get 378 exp to share among their pokemon

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:54 pm

I think I'll have Lonaki delay until just after Buttercup to see what she does. She's lined up to make a pretty good Dazzling Gleam attack, and I don't think either Intercept maneuver is able to do anything about it? Intercept Melee requires the opponent to be adjacent to whoever you're intercepting for, and Intercept Ranged doesn't block AoE attacks.

On another note, I'm suspecting the Hooded Grunt of being a secret Ghost, so that's why I'm waiting. They'll be a good Crunch target if the General's dealt with :shifty:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:13 pm

SuperVaderMan wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:15 pm I'm holding off on posting until Lonaki's attack resolves, btw. I'm not sure who it's hitting and what that'll affect. Like, I'm assuming the Conkeldurr would've taken the hit for its trainer, but then wouldn't that eat up the General's Pokemon Turn, preventing Uyum from Intercepting Roy? Uyum seems to have two turns per round, though, so idk :shrug:
Wait, shoot, Uyum is the nurse? I thought that was the metal arm thing. No wonder I couldn't find her initiative. How awful has my reading been with this fight? >.>
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:30 am

Kay gets 176xp, going up 2 Levels to Lv34 and earning herself +1SATK and +1SPD.
Fern gets 89xp, gaining 1 Level (Lv31) and +1SDEF.
Finally Maku gets 113xp, also going up 1 Level to Lv31 and gaining +1HP.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:04 am

So I just did some digging since I wasn't sure what kind of action it was to pick up an item off the ground, what with us trying to get Uyum's ball back. It's not under the rules for what can be done with actions, but there's mention of it later under the Attack of Opportunity rules:
p. 241, Combat Maneuvers, Attack of Opportunity wrote:»» An adjacent foe uses a Standard Action to pick up or
retrieve an item.
So it looks like it costs a whole Standard to pick up an item, same as retrieving and using an item from your pack. Pokemon look to follow the same rule.
p. 228, Commanding Pokemon wrote:Pokémon can do the following with a Standard Action:
»» Pick up Held Items

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:13 am

Seems so, yeah.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:29 pm

M0rt, did you forget that I had Tops out? Right next to the Grunt.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:26 am

SamWiser wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:29 pm M0rt, did you forget that I had Tops out? Right next to the Grunt.
Yes, I'll have to fix that.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:24 am

Suggestion for Arch's move if they don't get back:

- Have Buttercup Disengage 1 N and use Dazzling Gleam to hit the General and the Hooded Grunt. They're both still Vulnerable from their flinch, so they're easy to hit.

- If Buttercup's KO'd, have Haley swap her out for Archie the Archen. Then have Haley Thunderbolt the Staraptor, regardless of Buttercup's status (it's only a Shift to swap KO'd pokemon)

No suggestion for Drake since I think Theis just likes posting last :P

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:09 am

Sorry. I have classes that i need to work on. Buttercup dazzling gleam is good. One of my ideas for haley was to sleep powder on the commander after everybody intercepted for him and use the grappling gun to get the masterball, but no idea if possible.

That being said not on here much

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:20 pm

Yes.. That's totally it and not at all me procrastinating because these huge battles are slightly confusing :shifty:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:30 am

I mean, if you want me to offer suggestions, I could :lol:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:56 pm

Speaking of, it's been over a week since the last post for our battle. If you could get around to taking Drake's turn, it'd be greatly appreciated :shifty: