The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:38 am

While Jaq and hope wait for holy to get across, Ves starts tying three ropes together, and then tying a harness loop around Jaqs waist.

"Just in case. Make sure and secure that when you're across."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:05 am

(( Ummm...What? :? I think you posted in the wrong game, Thinks. Either that you got really chummy with the guards really fast. :P ))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:08 am

Medicine check: 1D20+7 = [20]+7 = 27

Coljin takes a very close look at the tattooed gnome's health and the apparatus still hooked in to him.
He wants to figure out the best way to keep this man alive and well.

Depending on what he finds he might instruct others to do something.

(The dice want to keep this ancient gnome alive!)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:22 am

((NVM, that was for the wrong game))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:21 pm

Randy zips an arrow past the guards, the shaft sliding through the gap in the creatures carapace and detonating inside, a splat of viscera spurting back out and landing at Dornikal's feet. The multitude of spindly legs go limp, the creature's carcass blocking the majority of the open portal.

The portal shrinks by a foot or so, as some tentacle-y appendages reach around the gap between the shell and the edge of the portal, but it's not wide enough for any of the other creatures to squeeze through.

((Yay! Nice shot Randy!))

Coljin checks the ancient gnome's vitals, and is able to tell that whatever was just injected into his system is some sort of stimulant, perhaps to counteract the effects of being in the tank for so long. His pulse and breathing are faster than normal, but he seems to otherwise be breathing well following your administration of healing. There is a severe loss of muscle tone, the skin rather loose across the bones. As long as you are able to keep him alive through the next bit of his ordeal, he should be able to make a recovery in time.

Tess follows his eyes and spots a bat wheeling overhead. He must have been looking at that.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:47 pm

The guards follow Ulmwin's orders and restrain Subject Two.

"Администрирование второго раунда возрождения лекарства"

Ulmwin...
► Show Spoiler
The gnomish figure tenses, his breathing easing a bit as his eyes loll about, trying to focus. They fix on the guards holding him down, and widen in alarm.

He struggles weakly, but the guards, even though a bit surprised, have no problem in keeping him restrained. He begins shouting weakly in a rasping voice.

"Отпусти меня, люди! Ты знаешь кто я...я... Кто я...?"

Ulmwin...
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:28 pm

(( Yay! Playing Gate roulette is a little nerve wracking. :P ))
Randy breaths a sigh of relief. " Keep an eye on that thing. Make sure whatever is on the other side doesn't pull it back or push it through."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:39 pm

Dornikal will hack at any tentacly things trying to get around it.

"Can one of ye lads or lasses grab meh that hammer over there? An' meh gold if ya can. Ye see it on the floor there? Might have to lift to check under'm."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:59 pm

Ulmwin approaches, trying to offer some calming gestures, beginning to speak in gnomish. He figures that's the best chance of his voice being recognized, even if what the gnome himself is speaking is no longer the "modern" gnomish...

"Easy there, we mean you no harm. Can you understand me..?" he asks, trying to gesture to the machine behind the gnome, before rhythmically tapping his hand, hoping to make clear that they're waiting for the process to finish.

1d20+7 = [5] = 12

((Dice why do you forsake me))

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:22 pm

Убери свои руки от меня! где я, где ты взял меня! что ты делаешь со мной!

For ulmwin
► Show Spoiler
The gnome is highly agitated. His eyes keep looking between the two guards holding him down and the gnome standing over him.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:32 pm

Cool. Nothing to worry about then.

She goes to help him into the Commanders tent

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:38 pm

"He's not happy about this..." Ulmwin shakes his head softly. "But we gotta keep him restrained until the machine finishes." He speaks, considering for a moment as he taps his chest, before saying "Ulmwin", repeating it once or twice, waiting to see if the gnome across him would understand his intention.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:48 pm

The gnome bears his teeth at the two humans holding him down and growls. He can feel his heart pounding in his ears. He turns his attention to the gnome speaking and his growl lessens. Perhaps this gnome here is in charge and could tell him what's happening.

Скажи своим людям, чтобы они отсоединились от меня, мне нужно ..... чтобы ..... мне нужно .....

The gnome relaxes a bit.

Вы должны быть ответственны за это место, где я ... кто я ... что происходит !? почему я ничего не помню ?! что ты со мной сделал!!!

And then gets agitated again.

For ulmwin
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:18 pm

Ulmwin tries to give his most sympathetic look. He nods to his request, indicating he understands and again tries to signal that he just needs to wait a bit for the machine to do it's work. He doesn't want to risk something happening to the guy

"Coljin, was there a name or such on the tube..? He seems like he might be suffering some amnesia. Guards, try and loosen up a bit if you can, but make sure he can't run for now alright?" he speaks, first in gnomish to his friend, then common to the guards.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:20 pm

The guards loosen their grips.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:23 pm

Ulmwin does motion with hands flat, raising up and down, trying to indicate he should hold back and relax for now

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:25 pm

"Isn't he just a bald gnome? I don't think he can hear ours..."
"Shush, let them handle it."

Two of the guards have a hushed conversation.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:01 pm

As the guards ease up their grip, the gnome realizes two things. This other gnome that isn't him... Or is he... The gnome pushes this thought away... This other gnome understands him and is definitely in charge.

Мой извиняющийся командир, кажется, что вы ... вывели меня ..(the gnome for first time seems to take in his surroundings, looking around the room). из этого танка ... что это за место? как долго я был там, ты положил туда? (As he asks questions, which get away from him quickly, the gnome becomes highly agitated once again.) почему ты меня туда положил !!!

For ulmwin
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:04 pm

In gnomish, “I saw nothing I could read. I think with time he will be healthy but he is very thin and needs to get muscle strength. What is he saying Ulmwin?”

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:12 pm

((Just as a reminder for Ulmwin, you did read the following on the tube before.))
spiderwrangler wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:21 am
Ulmwin, you move over and place your hand on the inscription, the letters shifting in your mind to make sense.

SEALED IN THE YEAR 784, BY THE AUTHORITY OF LORD GENERAL BELROS, FOR REVIVAL IN TIME OF NEED
TRAINED PERSONNEL ONLY
CLEARANCE LEVEL 6 REQUIRED

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:15 pm

Ulmwin nods when the other gnome asks if he got him out, scratching his head when the gnome asks what this place was, apparently as clueless... Before shaking his head when the gnome accused him of putting him in there, trying to point at the way they came in to hope and signify that they only just entered. He hopes that this healing process finishes soon so he can at least release the gnome and show he has no hostile intentions. He also decides to take a moment to wave around at him and everyone surrounding him, shaking his head while saying "Belros"- Curious if that might trigger memories, and making clear that they were not affiliated with him.

"He seems to be remembering nothing, including his own name... Right now he's panicking thinking we might have put him in there." Ulmwin says, speaking more generally again in common. "Do we have any rations on us, perhaps?"

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:37 pm

Confusing thoughts flood the gnomes very empty mind. Belros.... That name sounded familiar.. Maybe that was his name...Belros... It seemed familiar.

The gnome calmed down gradually again, following the other gnomes hand actions and squinting his eyes as if a clearer image would help him understand what was happening.

He then slowly points to himself "Belros?" He sounds out the syllables slowly, trying to mimic the other gnome.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Ulmwin shakes his head, though somewhat doubtfully, seeming not sure but... Not convinced, either.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:12 pm

(( I take it we're off combat turns for the moment?))

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:33 pm

если я не Белрос, то кто? что это за машина, к которой я привязан? .. (the gnome scans the room again and talks a bit more quietly)... кто ты и как ты стал командовать таким количеством людей?

For ulmwin
► Show Spoiler