The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:51 pm

One of the guards brings Dornikal his hammer, though none of them move to help him in looting, perhaps deeming it low on the list of priorities.

"Начало удаления систем поддержки покоя."

Ulmwin and Subject 2....
► Show Spoiler
There is a wrenching pop as tubes and cables connected to the gnome's flesh begin to withdraw and retract back into the extended lid of the chamber, leaving behind circular holes in his flesh that leak a white fluid.

The gnome goes limp as weariness washes over him, his eyes fighting to maintain consciousness.

As the last are removed, the top of the chamber rises up and settles back in place on top of the middle tube, the light dimming.

"Все камеры незаняты, переходят в режим ожидания."

Ulmwin and Subject 2....
► Show Spoiler
There is a click, and a subtle thrumming that had previously not been noticeable winds down, the chamber and the lit displays within the fog cloud going dark. A few moments later, the portal flickers in size, before shrinking, contracting against the shell of the multi-legged barnacle creature with a hissing squeal.

[BBvideo=100,75]https://youtu.be/4Xw0Q5u0CVo[/BBvideo]

The shell liquefies where it is being constricted by a the tear between planes, before the portal flickers and shudders again, snapping shut to just a thread of glowing blue-green waving in the air. The front half and the remaining legs crashing down into the inch or so of water still covering the floor, viscera and half digested dwarf and human plopping into the water from the mostly closed slit of portal.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:58 pm

thinkslogically wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:32 pm Cool. Nothing to worry about then.

She goes to help him into the Commanders tent
In case you missed it on the previous page :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:00 pm

He leans on your arm in thanks as you help him in. Another guard holds the flap aside as he and three others are ushered in. The first two are being seated, and other guards are cutting or removing parts of their uniform to be able to assess their injuries, someone runs up with a brown jug and some squares of white cloth and thrusts them into your hands as a seat is found for the guard you accompanied.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:04 pm

Nem heads around the room, washing blood and presumably sewage off the injuries with no small amount of distaste. She suggests to Ily that she understands how he feels and then focuses on eavesdropping on the Commander.

Perception: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:06 pm

((Give me a Medicine check please.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:16 pm

Randy relaxes and begins to investigate the various abomination remains.

Investigation: 1d20+1 = [10] = 11

They're "fish people" is about all he determines. He gives it up as a bad idea and wearily goes looking for Coljin. Remembering that Coljin has the healing dagger, he calls over to Anders. "Commander, get your most seriously injured together. I'll see if our healer can do something for them."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:14 am

Dornikal accepts his warhammer with a nod of thanks and then takes a startled few steps back from the shrinking portal as it bisects the monster. When he is sure the portal isn't going to just suddenly reopen a few steps away he walks over kicks the anemone beast's remains.

"Good work lads and lasses! Showed those monsters their place."

Now that things have calmed down he wonders if he has every heard anything about sea creature abominations or anything about the realm he was in.

((Not sure of the appropriate roll for that knowledge check would be, it could be religion if they discussed the plane of water as a demonic realm? If it is just intelligence no modifier if it is religion he gets a +2.

Abomination and plane knowledge check: 1D20 = [18] = 18
))

As he ponders this he will begin collecting the dead guards, or their pieces, respectfully placing them apart from the monster's. He will whisper a prayer to Dumathoin beseeching him to comfort them and guide each to their afterlife and god.

When all that is done he will gather his javelins and try and recover the missing coins.

Looking for meh stolen gold: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 am

Ulmwin shrugs, before answering the question concerning his name: "Ulmwin". He also briefly takes the opportunity to point to Coljin, also introducing him: "Coljin". Sadly, they're going to have to find a way to communicate better before he can answer the other questions...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:22 am

Weariness overtakes him and the gnome slumps into the guards arms.

Based on the other gnomes reaction he wasn't sure that his own name was Belros. A slight sense of relief fills him when the other gnome comes over, but he isn't sure why.

As the other gnome points to first himself and then the other other gnome and says repeats a word, the gnome finally gets that it is making introductions.

An entire any of questions on who he is and where he's from and how he got here flood his mind as everything fades to Black.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:09 am

When Coljin does see Randy he has a lot to say, and he does it fast and excitedly.

"This machine is old-Gnome magic, like when we were down in the blight dungeon. It's really strong stuff. Seems like the Gnomes of Old really knew there stuff! I wonder how we all forgot that! Anyhow, This here tattooed gnome was held in that chamber and I think he was put to sleep and he is from many hundreds if not more years ago. He doesn't speak a language I can understand and he is very weak...but I think he will be ok, he just needs lots of sleep and food and care to get back to normal." He takes in a deep breath and then begins talking again, "And over there" he points, "is Maji's body. Someone has to grab that and bring it back out of here. Could you maybe do that with Dornikal's help? I think he'll be heavy. Oh, and these guards from the city have been great, Randy. And," he points to the ground, "someone should check out this stuff that the monsters left laying around this chamber. It seems they collected stuff and left it here. Some might be valuable."

Once he lets Randy talk, he agrees that the healing dagger should be used. He will move to a more center area of the room and ask anyone that is hurt to move closer to him and he explains that the dagger will create a magic rain that will heal anyone within the rainshower. He will make sure the new-old gnome is within this effect, get out the dagger and set it down in the proper manner so that the magic water healing begins.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:56 am

If there's room Randy will participate in the healing rain. Otherwise he'll give priority to the more seriously injured.
When that is done, he'll go check out Maj's body.
Investigation: 1d20+1 = [12] = 13
He does this half-heartedly. He collects some of the more obvious items, then gestures for Ulmwin or Coljin to check him for anything he missed. He's clearly depressed.

"Dammit."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:02 am

((Dornikal would want to give Maji a blessing to Dumathoin but I am not sure where it falls in the timeline that everything is happening on? He would also like to move it over to where he is placing the guards to be brought out of this place, carrying the dead dragonborn himself awkwardly if needed.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:52 am

Anders and the guards gather the wounded and bring them to where Coljin is. Holger tags along, oddly holding his hand to his face the whole time. Once everyone who needs a bit is nearby, Coljin places his healing dagger and a soft rain begins to fall.

((Via the healing rain, Dornikal is back to full, Holger is at 26/33 and Randy is at 23/37. All of the surviving guards are back to full, with the exception of Anders, who has taken injuries, but seems hearty enough.))

Dornikal ponders the creatures, and what he saw on the other side. He comes to the conclusion that the portal didn't connect to the plane of water, the elemental planes feature their element a lot more strongly, had they been dragged there, they likely would have been in an endless ocean, and quickly been pulled or drifted from the portal... probably never to return. Perhaps it was some pocket dimension? If so, hopefully these things are now restricted to it, and more hadn't already gotten out and escaped the cavern system... might be good to see where those other tunnels go, and make sure they're clear of these creatures. However, the drifting thread of light from the portal is still present, though shut for now, really need a way to make sure it stays that way.

Ulmwin and Coljin notice that there is a lot of 'loot' by the central tube, some of it having been hastily shoved aside to make room for 'Probably-Not-Belros'. Among the scattering of unfamiliar items, the gnomes do see Maji's magical belongings... the mask, the belt, the amulet, etc. It seems they were stripped from his corpse and placed in front of the tube.

Dornikal and the healthy guards make quick work of gathering their dead, the guards standing by silently and allowing the dwarf to administer what blessings he can offer. On his way to join Randy at Maji's body, Dornikal scoops up 16 gold that was scattered on the floor in front of the portal.

Randy sees the abraded and pierced flesh of his friend, many of his injuries similar to those of the young man he helped heal a few hours ago. His belt, mask, and medallion are gone, and it seems his pack has been torn into. As Dornikal approaches, something twitches within the pack...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:03 am

Randy jerks upright, takes a step back, and snaps the lit sword around and points it at the pack.
"Careful. Something just moved in there..."

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:31 am

When Coljin sees Maji's belongings in the pile of 'loot' he will pick it up. He recognizes the belt, mask, medallion and gems from the blights (Maji never used the large blasted claw gem). "These should get distributed to the party, some could be useful." he tells Ulmwin.

He is still concerned over the old gnome's health and will stick near him at this point and let someone else go help Randy.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:35 am

((Coljin would judge the gnome's physical age to definitely be older than either he or Ulmwin, somewhere around 100-150 years old (a bit hard to tell, with the bald, and saggy skin thing, which makes him look older). Since gnomes reach adulthood at 40 and can live to be 350+, puts him on the younger side of middle aged, comparable to a human in their 30s.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:40 am

The gnome comes back from the darkness of questions and starts to wonder why he's so chilly. His eyes fall to the ground, looking at his own self, seeing faint tattoos and markings all over himself. As he stares he realizes that he isn't wearing any clothes.

где моя одежда ?! ты взял мою одежду? почему ты снял мою одежду !!

For ulmwin
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:19 am

Randy cautiously approaches the backpack and tries to carefully flip it open with the sword tip.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:26 am

Randy spots the yew sprig that Maji spent a few evenings meditating over. It reaches a couple twigs towards him and chirps.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:37 am

Dornikal pulls his sword at the twig.

"That one of them blights ye fought before?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:45 am

The sprig bends its twigs over itself defensively before chirping again and wiggling, pushing down with its twigs, but isn't able to push itself free. It raises its twigs to Dornikal and chirps again.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:02 am

Ulmwin can't help but let out a small sigh, shaking his head at the question if they took his clothes off, his eyes turning to the "loot" besides the tube which he claims all for himself.

"Are there some clothes in there? We should get him dressed if so."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:02 am

Randy looks at the twig carefully. "Noooo, I don't think so. While I wouldn't put it past Maj to try to keep one as a pet, it doesn't look like them. It looks like that piece of yew he meditated with." He bends down, and looks closer, no longer threatening with the sword, but keeping it between he and it. He thinks furiously.
"Are you Maj's pet.... or are you Maj?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:12 am

Dornikal judges the twig to be a limited threat and looks instead at Maji's corpse with a sad sigh.

His looks over at Randy when the man asks if the twig is Maji, patchy eyebrows raised.

"Could'e do that? Live in a wee stick?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:15 am

((There are at least some scraps of clothing, bits of sailcloth, and the like. You could find something to cover his nudity.))

The sprig pauses before waving its twigs side to side, then points at itself and chirps. It points at Maji and give a different sounding chirp.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler