I am Señor Vorpal Kickass'O!

Also: *sniff and tears*
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Inspired
Game Master

Re: 1 September 2019: Flurry of Blows

Post by Inspired » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:42 am

I could not help but sing the opening of "O fortuna" upon seeing that last panel.

Sh*t's gonna go down.
aka LooksAndSmiles, or L&S for short.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:47 am

"I am the dread pirate Kickass'o, and I have come for your souls! The dread pirate Kickass'o takes no prisoners!"
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:11 am

This is nice. Kore has shown that he is the adult in the room. Fumbles is back in the story again. Things are happening. Nice movement of focus in the scene. I adore the frame where Kore has a mouth-telescope as the right side of his head. I like how miserable the tormented faces look when Thaco punches them.

I wonder if we really needed the cut-away to Fumbles on the previous page. I think this would have worked just right without it.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:35 am

This would inspire more help if Fumbles could actually, y'know, DO anything. He's still a character who has 3/11 or 4/11 of a level in each of his character classes, so even if his fumbling doesn't happen here, he has little ability to be anything other than a distraction. The only way this could work out is if Kin or Minmax blunders into the room behind Kore while he's looking at "Vorpal".

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:50 am

Or Ears does something drastic to get into that helmet.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:04 pm

https://twitter.com/EllipsisGoblins/status/1168199343397990400 wrote:In the latest Goblins page, you can finally see my plan for why visually, Fumbles has the word "MONSTER" on his forehead and why the mustache is the size and shape that it is. Those visual cues have always been leading up to him becoming this. http://goblinscomic.org
So, it's not accidental you can read monster through the flames....

reason for eddit: corrected the tags
Last edited by Krulle on Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

HiddenSanity
Remains Silent

Post by HiddenSanity » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:24 pm

Excellent, the perfet Distraction for Ears to save the day after.
redfeather wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:35 am This would inspire more help if Fumbles could actually, y'know, DO anything. He's still a character who has 3/11 or 4/11 of a level in each of his character classes, so even if his fumbling doesn't happen here, he has little ability to be anything other than a distraction. The only way this could work out is if Kin or Minmax blunders into the room behind Kore while he's looking at "Vorpal".
I Kinda agree, but you've forgotten, he's a seer now, and we have no idea exactly how powerful of a seer he is.

sshipway
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by sshipway » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:43 pm

I still think that the Staff of Releasing (forgot its official name) will have an unexpected effect on Kore who does indeed appear to have a bound demon or souls in him.

If Fumbles can't defeat Kore, then they're all dead within 6 rounds as the other 2 are already at -6 and -3 respectively.

Gazirra
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Gazirra » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:56 pm

If Fumbles has the same spells that Young and Beautiful had, then he's effectively a cleric. And since he has a literally unprecedented number of goblin imprints in him, then he's super poweerful
I want him to start dropping high-level Flame Strikes down on Kore

LarsenSan
Mutters to Themself

Post by LarsenSan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:40 pm

Gazirra wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:56 pm If Fumbles has the same spells that Young and Beautiful had, then he's effectively a cleric. And since he has a literally unprecedented number of goblin imprints in him, then he's super poweerful
I want him to start dropping high-level Flame Strikes down on Kore
LOL, I was going to say this very same thing. Goblin fortune tellers have access to cleric spells, the more imprints they have, the more powerful spells they can cast. So I can expect Fubles to have access to, at least, level 7 spells.

wordelo
Mutters to Themself

Post by wordelo » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:16 am

Yeah I can see fumbles casting mass cure something wounds to heal his allies first. since Kore doesn't seem to have his crossbows he has no ranged attacks maybe he continues to assault thaco and complains. and then fumbles heals or flame strikes or something. This is what I have been waiting on for so long when fumbles unleashes his full seer power.

I've read Order of the Stick which the main characters are pretty high level but goblins has low level characters facing off against at least a 14th level paladin. the odds were always stacked against them until fumbles gained that seer power and the GAP got several magic items that can help in their fight.

And then there's Big Ears who I think is going to cut off his big ears with the axe blade and put on the helmet finishing Kore off with the golem. Elli has said several times that every fight reshapes the characters in the fight and Big Ears losing his ears would be a huge change.

then we go into the new enemy of the land which is The Sacred.

Delphince
Remains Silent

Post by Delphince » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:14 am

I'm just now realizing that the soul-growths on Kore's face are not only animated, but constantly shifting around like a fluid mass. That's creepy as hell.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:39 am

i wonder how much of that shifting is due to the enormous efforts of work it would take to keep track of the different faces when turning Kore's head or the angle of camera. This way, it just shifted some, because you're drawing the faces differently each time anyway...

joeydov
Remains Silent

Post by joeydov » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:06 am

Krulle wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:39 am i wonder how much of that shifting is due to the enormous efforts of work it would take to keep track of the different faces when turning Kore's head or the angle of camera. This way, it just shifted some, because you're drawing the faces differently each time anyway...
Its going to be a B×€#h to animate that in the cartoon :shock:

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:15 am

IF they even do that. To a degree they can change some things. Maybe they'll just leave it at a stationary version....

TheOneThatGotAway
Whispers Softly

Post by TheOneThatGotAway » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:23 am

Soooo how is he going to move around now? I wanna see the great Señor Vorpal move side to side by using his staff like a gondolieri would. OOO SOOLLLEEE MIOOOOO!!!

I feel like he's just going to be a distraction. Big ears is up to something, and we all know what...

Inspired
Game Master

Post by Inspired » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:31 pm

TheOneThatGotAway wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:23 am I wanna see the great Señor Vorpal move side to side by using his staff like a gondolieri would. OOO SOOLLLEEE MIOOOOO!!!
That is actually hilarious. Imagine Kore and the GAP fighting to death below, meanwhile Fumbles calmly "paddling" above in and out of vision, singing italian opera pieces and throwing a heal spell now and then (to punctuate the music).
aka LooksAndSmiles, or L&S for short.

Furmanda
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Furmanda » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:59 pm

LarsenSan wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:40 pm LOL, I was going to say this very same thing. Goblin fortune tellers have access to cleric spells, the more imprints they have, the more powerful spells they can cast. So I can expect Fubles to have access to, at least, level 7 spells.
If he had 7th level spells, wouldn't he be able to ressurect Chief already?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:22 am

Krulle wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:04 pm
https://twitter.com/EllipsisGoblins/status/1168199343397990400 wrote:In the latest Goblins page, you can finally see my plan for why visually, Fumbles has the word "MONSTER" on his forehead and why the mustache is the size and shape that it is. Those visual cues have always been leading up to him becoming this. http://goblinscomic.org
So, it's not accidental you can read monster through the flames....
To further this:
https://twitter.com/EllipsisGoblins/status/1168662324854415360 wrote:I found this concept sketch of Vorpal, from years ago.

Dendr
Mutters to Themself

Post by Dendr » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:47 am

My name is Vorpal Kickasso. You've killed my brothers, prepare to die.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:29 pm

Furmanda wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:59 pm
LarsenSan wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:40 pm LOL, I was going to say this very same thing. Goblin fortune tellers have access to cleric spells, the more imprints they have, the more powerful spells they can cast. So I can expect Fubles to have access to, at least, level 7 spells.
If he had 7th level spells, wouldn't he be able to ressurect Chief already?
Elli has said in the past that ressurection magic is incredibly rare in her game world. Even if Fumbles is now very high level it is unlikely that he will be able to resurrect anyone.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:03 pm

SeeAMoose wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:29 pm
Furmanda wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:59 pm If he had 7th level spells, wouldn't he be able to ressurect Chief already?
Elli has said in the past that ressurection magic is incredibly rare in her game world. Even if Fumbles is now very high level it is unlikely that he will be able to resurrect anyone.
Case in point, Dellyn would have had Sarel Caine resurrected by now if he could.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:08 am

Glemp wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:03 pm
SeeAMoose wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:29 pm
Furmanda wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:59 pm If he had 7th level spells, wouldn't he be able to ressurect Chief already?
Case in point, Dellyn would have had Sarel Caine resurrected by now if he could.
Dellyn always struck me as a fraud and a blowhard. I never believed him to be "high level" as he claimed. Saral Kaine was level 7 a few years back if Chiefs gawking over his belt was related to the death of his father (slayed by a level 7 barbarian), and I figured Dellyn was not to far ahead. Also( I am threading on really thin ice here, as I know very little about DnD) would he not need a cleric, wizard or bard (perhaps paladin) for that kind of things? He was himself a ranger if I recall correctly.

Plus, it might even been a matter of not having the time to get around to that. Dellyn died not to long after Saral did, and he did have a demon torn up city to salvage/snake to rape/booze to drink.

Furmanda
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Furmanda » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:55 pm

Yeah, the scarcity of resurrection magic can mean two things - either clerics simply don't get the spell even if they are the usual level that grants it. Or there is a scarcity of sufficiently advanced clerics - Goblins is supposed to be pretty low-level grade world, so I assumed that is the reason here.

I guess that the goblin fortune teller also might not be entitled to all due cleric spells, even if he had 7th level spells slots and even if those naturally included resurrection for real clerics.