The keystone Chronicles

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: The keystone Chronicles

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:14 pm

Alright, would sat the second work for anyone, starting at 3pm then say? If not, how would next week look, 9/10?

Session 10 summary

After the tense last battle, the group took a moment to recover and lick their wounds in one of the nearby rooms. During said time, Dinnus finally managed to catch up, after his excursion on the infinite staircase, having found it to lead to a Rudd warehouse, and spending some time conversing with what was going on. He met with Flint, more than a bit peeved, and spent some time catching up with Uther and debating about what to do... Before, finally all of them deciding to push forward once more.

Heading down the staircase, they found Rudd, by now clearly complicit in this matter- Trying desperately to get the group to return back upstairs, trying to call out her authority... Naturally, this doesn't quite work as hoped, eventually causing her to pull out her secret weapon. A wand she had collected earlier, pointing it threateningly at the group!

Uther was not going to allow this to pass. Fey stepping close, he quickly managed to disarm the noble that, indeed, wasn't quite made for combat, before trying to knock her out. Sadly, it did fail, as the trap was sprung- A familiar voice calling out for the woman to join him, as all the aberrations, previously hidden in the darkness of the room, began to attack- And Uther, having rushed ahead, took the brunt, almost dying..!

Luckily he manages to escape, returning to the relative safety of the backline, as the battle ensues, and the villain shows himself. It's "the prince", Loreal again- Though he quite plainly states while that may not be his name, they can keep calling him that if they like. A brief speech about how each time he gets killed, he just gets sent back to the abyssal plane- There to have "fun" with the group all over again.

His trap was not enough however, the party slowly winning... As a last resort, the devil charmed Dinnus, swaying him to his side as he felt himself compelled to fight! Dragged in close, as the first strikes began to fall against the devil, he delivered a devastating kiss to the man in question, having him collapse on the floor! The others looked to finish off Loreal as he slowly laid bleeding out, before he could try and charm someone else...

But Dinnus wasn't going to take being charmed, then downed in such an embarrassing manner. Channeling hidden strength, with the last of his power he got up- And immediately struck down with a flurry of holy blows! As the sword, imbued with holy force, went straight for the demon's neck he left a couple parting words:

"See you tomorrow."

With Loreal slain once more, the adventurers had time to locate, and fix the seal- Just in time for the rest of the nobility to arrive once more, having brought in more reinforcements. After some consideration, it is decided to reward the adventurers for their efforts, and their silence about the whole excursion. Just a little signature on a "little" contract, as the group found themselves rewarded with a hefty pouch of coin, and some magical items.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:17 pm

If it is going to be at 3 P.M. central European time I won't be able to join, unfortunately.

Thanks for the write up!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:24 pm

Alright, noted Rodgeir, skipping that for now then unless both Dusk and Quarg could. Similarly if both Dusk and Quarg are available sunday I'm afraid they'll have to forget about poor Gray a bit longer.

How would everyone do for the 9th and 10th? Or 16th/17th? (Week after that was already no option if I remember correctly?)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:28 am

Those dates are workable for me, again preference on a bit later.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:03 am

They're fine for me if the timings work out.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:07 pm

My schedule is flexible still for those two weekends...though the weekend before American T day is now sort of shot here also in La La Land... :shock:
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:46 pm

9th/10th doesn't work for me, and the weekend after is probably a no as well.

Honestly I'm starting to think it might be better for me to just drop out. My weekends are a lot busier than they used to be, and finding the time to get away for an evening/afternoon is much harder.

Plus, it's probably the best time for Krannoc to leave the group too; he can hang around in the Dwarven city and do more research on the seals and/or this devil who keeps popping up trying to ruin everything.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:44 am

It'd be a shame, but if there's no other option. You'd always be welcome, of course :)

Let's try and pin down the 10th for now, late evening? (starting at like ~6:30?)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:24 am

Works for me

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:39 pm

I'm not sure if that time will work, but assume not for now. I'll let you know when I find out tho.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:48 pm

Let me know what'd work for you- Ideally we'd do something that works for everyone :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:35 pm

Earlier works for me, so it's like mid-afternoon for you guys which doesn't suit Rodgeir and he had to miss out on the last one :)

It might be ok, I just need to check

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:48 am

Alright, duly noted. We'll keep the tenth pinned for now, and will see what we do at the time. If it's just three of us I'll have something a bit shorter queued up but we'll still play :)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:58 am

Just let us know, I have already gotten approval if it is later (18:30ish).

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:01 am

Yes, we'll plan the session for that time :)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:49 am

So 6:30 Central European Time on Sunday the 10th?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:15 pm

Indeed

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:07 am

Game will be starting in a bit over a hour! :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:42 pm

Had a good session, if a bit shorter! Will try to do a recap soonish, then we can plan for next session :)

Any ideas on when/when not you guys would be available in the coming weekends?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:12 pm

This just a ping for my fellow players since my weekend is fairly flexible at the moment...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:23 pm

Oh right, I should probably be taking care of this stuff :paranoia:

My weekend is completely booked I'm afraid. How are you guys for the coming couple weeks?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:53 pm

Next is fully booked,the one after is okayish.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:43 pm

Session 11 summary

After doing various business in the dwarven city, the group of adventurers once again awaited the next reset... And following it, put the next target on their list: The village of Fallowstone, from where they would be heading to Ironcliff tower, a tower where besides the next seal, they could potentially find more information about these seals in question. Their mission ends up slightly delayed, however - As they receive a friendly summons by the king of Keystone, Addeldus. Luckily, after plenty worry of evil being afoot, it appears that worries were for nothing, everything appearing legitimate, the king and his court no ordinary men. Having somehow learned of the adventurers exploits, he swears to help as available, and that he'd have some manner of help prepared by next preset - Handing the adventurers a supposed magic letter for this, that he'd be able to use next time.

Finally, they set out, arriving in the... Very rural village of Fallowstone, where soon enough they were interrogating the mayor. It did not take much to discover that they did know of Ironcliff- And that they had been dealing with them, as the tower supplied most of their food and other wares... All supplied by their friendly necromancer.

After convincing them that a necromancer was not a friend, they got a local fisherman to help bring them closer to the shore from where one of the necromancer's accomplices, Doran sails his ship from- Only to find that it appeared Doran had noticed their ship sailing out, deciding to meet them halfway..! After sneakily boarding, the party finds the man in question to be strangely hospitable, and after talking about their quest, Doran insisted they should meet with his master. After some heavy doubt, especially given Uther discovering his undead nature (under a heavy, heavy layer of cologne), they agree and become BEST FRIENDS. (This is definitely what happened despite Dinnus' oath to kill all undead.)

And so, (after a small tussle with native wildlife), the party is on way to this so called necromancer, with their new friend...

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:53 am

Ping...since nothing seems to have happened here and all have vanished...
Except for the elf...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:28 am

Think we were paused until this week due to the US holidays?