Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:23 am

"I'm not good at sneaking, so might need to take that into account, but I'm good to go if you order it, Corporal."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:18 pm

"At this point I am not sure how sneaky we will need to be."

She considers the situation then nods.

"Jaq, Dama, Kroshav, Celus, Lurn and myself will attempt to catch them, or at least slow them. The rest of you, excluding Jesp and Fand, follow Ern. If you haven't seen us after four hours return here."

She turns to Dama and Ern,

"Do your magic and let's get moving immediately, Dama take the lead."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:18 pm

"At this point I am not sure how sneaky we will need to be."

She considers the situation then nods.

"Jaq, Dama, Kroshav, Celus, Lurn and myself will attempt to catch them, or at least slow them. The rest of you, excluding Jesp and Fand, follow Ern. If you haven't seen us after four hours return here."

She turns to Dama and Ern,

"Do your magic and let's get moving immediately, Dama take the lead."

Dama and Ern quickly move around the selected group and smear dirt on their hands while casting a spell on each. Once done Dama takes her bearings before saying,

"Stay close, I can find the best path to follow them... probably."

She then begins running unnaturally quickly.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:37 pm

Jaq follows, enjoying being able to run faster than he usually is able.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:27 pm

((Anyone doing anything special as you run or just focusing on keeping together?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:55 pm

Lurn's just following. Since he'll be joining them there's no need to give preliminary healing. ((And yes, I should've meant Celus, not Arbelm. Must have misread when the people who were injured were mentioned.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:34 am

((No worries, Celus and Kroshav are both a bit injured. I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page.

Can someone in the army group give me a d20 please.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:49 am

My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:42 am

Everyone begins to follow Dama, but those that have had their speed increased quickly begin outpacing the rest. Arbelm calls back,

"Take a break if you need it, you're no good to anyone if you get to a fight exhausted."

Dama doesn't follow the path of the hobs exactly and knowing their general direction is able to judge slightly quicker paths but after about a half hour everyone is breathing heavily and Arbelm asks between breaths, "Dama...how...close...are...we?"

Dama responds, "We...are...closing...on them...but-" Dama suddenly slows and stops looking around a small clearing and bending down to examine trampled grass. She takes a deep breath and explains, "They stopped here. Left maybe twenty minutes ago. Still nine of them. Do we break or should we push on?" Celus takes a mouthful of water from a skin skin and tosses it to Dama who drinks sparingly before tossing it back with a thankful nod.

Arbelm looks around at the others, "How are you feeling? Can you keep the pace another twenty minutes and still be ready for a fight on the other end?"

((Push on or take a break? If you decide to push on you will need to make a DC 12 con save. If anyone decides they need a break, everyone stays.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:01 am

"I'm confident... In my endurance... And, I can... Ease one... Person's burden."
((If we push on, whoever has the lowest CON score can get a Guidance for +1d4.))

I'm willing to push on. Roll if we go (Spoiler because each person's rolls shouldn't influence other people's decisions):
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:00 am

((Celus, Dama, Kroshav and Arbelm seem to be holding up equally well for blessing purposes. Not as well as Lurn and better than Jaq.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:34 am

Guidance for Jaq, then, if we agree on continuing.
My game:

My characters:

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:56 am

(If failed, are we getting another level exhaustion until we sleep decently?)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:06 am

((Nope, but it can delay the group longer than taking the break. Maybe much longer if you roll very poorly. Rolling very well will have a benefit as well. I am a benevolent god!))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:21 am

(Ok, if more exhaustion is not a possible side effect, Jaq will not be against pushing on)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:30 am

((At disadvantage still for Jaq ;)))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:34 am

► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:44 am

((Good, cus I was wrong to ask for it! You would need two more levels of exhaustion before you would have disadvantage on saving throws. Thanks for the roll though!))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:59 am

((Guidance doesn't help on saves, just ability checks. Resistance is the spell you need for saves.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:16 am

Arbelm clearly doesn't want to wait and when no one calls for a break she signals Dama to keep going. After another ten minutes of running everyone, excepting Dama, begins to flag. Celus grows increasingly pale before he stumbles to a stop and his breakfast forcefully leaves him. Kroshav and Jaq aren't far behind and everything seems slightly muted. Both manage to keep their breakfast down but only just as they walk slowly. Kroshav and Arbelm seem better but not well. Arbelm walks to Celus who is now leaning on a tree.

"You able to walk?" Celus shakes his head and mutters, "Gonna need five. Sorry." Dama looks east and offers, "I can go ahead and scout them? They are close."

Arbelm wipes sweat from her brow angrily, "What do you three think? You're the hobgoblin experts."

((You are going to be delayed for five minutes and then will have to walk a bit before you can run again. Should Dama scout ahead?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:20 am

"If they get the drop on you, don't think we're able to come to help out."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:57 am

"Agreed, we'll catch them eventually, let's not hurry out there alone and have something bad happen."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:30 pm

Dama narrows her eyes and look back to the east before saying,

"Ya, probably for the best to stick together."

After a few minutes Celus rises and the pursuit continues, albeit at a magically enhanced walk. The magic speed wears off a short while later. After another five minutes Celus is able to run again.

Dama notes the hobs have extended their lead a bit.

((Perception checks please))
---
Jemma finishes her breakfast and retrieves Joe's herbs and incense in a large bag and takes the coin.

"Enjoy... I guess?"

((Is Joe going to summon Ruby now? Would Ves like to attune the cloak? Or are you just heading west now?))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:22 pm

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:34 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler