Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:27 pm

Jolly looks down at the body then takes in the bloodied states of Celus, Jolly and Jaq before moving in close to Kroshav and Jaq giving them both a hesitating pat on a not wounded spot. He whispers,

"Well, looks like this isn't gonna count as a win? Or maybe a little since ya killed'm? Not sure if it makes up for those soldiers though."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:33 pm

Lurn gives a sad shake of his head to Arbelm's question, "I am perhaps only a little too weak to do so, but the weakest of resurrection spells require the one being returned died no less than a minute ago, and even if I were granted the strength, it would take me an hour to prepare myself for use of new spells, and we would need time to gather a great many diamonds... That aside, one of the reasons my Lord abhors the undead is that their souls are forcefully dragged back into this world, against their will. I cannot perform such an act, even if it were possible."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:37 pm

"Someone should check their pockets and we should get going."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:14 am

Arbelm listens patiently to Lurn, her face unreadable after her outburst.

"Very well. Search the body quickly but we will be bring it with us in case they have someone able to resurrect him, as that seems to be possible."

Dama gives the body a once over finding only a small coin pouch and several pouches containing different items likely related to spell casting. Arbelm then orders,

"Okay, Lurn take the body. Everyone else keep your eyes open. We are going to keep moving as fast as we can until we get back to the camp."

Arbelm directs Ern to take the lead and the enlarged group begins jogging west. Arbelm herself stays near the back along with Dama keeping and eye out for more tails but neither spot anything and an hour later the group emerge from camp. After a brief stop to identify yourselves to the much larger patrols of the woods Arbelm directs you all back to your spot in the camp to rest while she heads to report and takes the hob's body with her. The shorter legged members of the team greet you with a late lunch.

((Back at camp! Doing anything while Arbelm makes her report?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:53 am

Lurn's just taking the time to centre himself. He's failed several times in quick succession, and he couldn't bury their fallen foes either, which doesn't sit well with him. He needs time to recover.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:59 am

The few healers in the camp are also quite busy based on the number of people moving around the medical tent but after a quarter hour a harried looking woman in blood covered clothes comes to the group to check on the squad's injuries. Her healing is all non-magical but she does what she can before moving off to see to another group.

((Mechanically if you roll a hit dice you can add an additional +2 to it.))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:53 am

Jaq will take a short rest.

When he finds a suitable place to rest he will motion Lurn over to join him.
He will do most of the rest in quiet, holding the magic box near his not-well hand, pondering what the box could actually be.
Hit dice: 1D6 = [5] = 5

Hit dice: 1D6 = [1] = 1

I forgot to add the +2, so that would have Jaq up to his full health now.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:03 am

Jolly joins Jaq and Lurn, sighing as he sits besides the pair. Fend comes over and hands some thick soup, a different color from the day before, and a couple of bread pucks to the seated trio with a nod and smile.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:34 pm

After what must have been hour a weary Arblem returns to the squads spot in the camp. She doesn't say anything as she first goes and gets a cup of water that she drains. Setting the cup down she waves everyone in so she can speak rather than shout,

"The count of casualties, including those too injured to be able to fight without magical healing, is 84. The hobgoblins lead three other attacks than the one we faced, though they seemed to be feints to distract from the attack on the circle. Only those guarding the road managed to capture one of the attackers, so along with the two we capture there are three prisoners. Unfortunately none of those captured have revealed anything, yet."

She pauses for questions before continuing,

"Our squad managed to eliminate all but one from the groups that attacked the circles and additionally identified their operating base's location for elimination today. For that we have the captain's praise and Kroshav, Jaq, Lurn, Celus, Dama and Ern will receive special commendation when an opportunity for it arises. For the remainder of the day the un-injured in our squad will take light guard duty and the rest will be allowed to recovered. Tomorrow we will accompany the soldiers heading to Grenmyr."

((You doing anything with your afternoon? Please ask whatever questions you have of Arbelm as well.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:02 am

Lurn waits until Arbelm is finished speaking, then brings out his own voice, "I have a spell which can heal six; it takes time, so it isn't workable in a battle, but I can at least help to recover some small number of the injured. Tomorrow I would be able to heal another twelve, though that reserves none of my more powerful spells for potential combat." Pausing, the large man sighs, "One of the duties of my order is to minimise deaths, and to tend to those who cannot be saved. I would like to do just that, whether it be assisting the medics or burying the fallen, but I'll follow your orders if you wish to have me on guard duty."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:06 am

Arbelm takes in Lurn's offer,

"I will speak with the medics and see what help they think you can provide today, tomorrow I would have you conserve your strength as we move into even less secure areas. Are you familiar with standard medical care practices to provide them with assistance as well? Otherwise I would have you on patrol. You are frankly too familiar with these woods and what is normal not to be. The fallen will be taken care of with all due consideration for the service they have given."

Her voice is overly stern on the last bit of her reply. Clearing her throat she looks around for more questions.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:54 am

"I am practiced and highly skilled in the application of medicine, yes. It's all been firmly drilled into me."
My game:

My characters:

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:17 am

Jaq's face falls a bit when he hears they are heading towards Grenmyr, yet further from Stenrek and some higher powered clerical help. Jaq would like to talk to Arbelm, but doesn't want it to be in the form of a meeting with everyone else hearing his woes about his curse. He will wait to speak to her in a more private way.
(From what we know, Grenmyr has already fallen/occupants fled, correct?)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:33 am

((Last you all heard Grenmyr was under siege but still holding, though that was a day ago. Even if Grenmyr has fallen Bridgeway, the city on the Duchy's northern border with Balyon, is still closer than Stenrek. You haven't heard anything about the state of Bridgeway, one way or the other.

Jaq knows Bridgeway is a city on the scale of Stenrek whereas Grenmyr is less than a quarter the size of his home.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:59 pm

Kroshav grins at the mention of special awards, and nods as Lurn is offering healing, as he has a bit of Lay on Hands remaining.

HD: 1D10+2+2 = [9]+2+2 = 13
1D10+2+2 = [6]+2+2 = 10

HD: 1D10+2+2 = [1]+2+2 = 5

((Brings him to 34 HP))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:50 pm

Seeing no further questions Arbelm motions for Lurn (and Kroshav if he points out he is willing to help with the healing) to follow her. She moves through the camp to the medical tent that Lurn visited the day before. As opposed to the day before the tent appears to be completely filled and any trace of skunk has been replaced by the smell of burnt hair, meat and vomit. Arbelm tells you to wait outside while she goes in. A short time later she re-emerges with a grim, blood covered man. He looks between Lurn and Kroshav (if they are both there) and says,

"The corporal says you can heal six? Follow me."

The corporal nods and heads off on a different task. The surgeon leads to a smaller tent that looks to have belongs to an officer but been converted. Ducking inside the smell of sickness and burnt meat is almost overwhelming and hits like a wall. A single lamp shows that most of the ground inside the tent is filled with nearly still bodies. Someone is weeping quietly and there are a few groans but no one reacts to your entrance and no one is here providing them aid. In total there are eleven, most horrifically burned but two look have been in fight - one with a gut wound and the other with a head injury.

The surgeon walks in and gives the injured soldiers a detached inspection before pointing at six and saying,

"Them. They are the most urgent."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:22 am

Lurn follows silently, until the man indicates which he is to heal, at which point he nods and begins preparing Prayer of Healing, "It will take ten minutes for me to complete the spell, if you have no desire to watch."

Prayer of Healing: 2D8+5 = [5, 3]+5 = 13
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:47 am

"I'll stay." He then goes to those he didn't indicate should be healed and does a quick check of each before giving them a drink from a flask he is carrying that after a few moments calms or relaxes those who are semi-awake.

As the prayer to his god finishes the six soldiers it was placed upon glow a purplish blue, shuddering as their burned and sloughing skin smooths back in most places. Four of them begin to try and sit up, the other two stirring lethargically. Giving Lurn an approving nod, the surgeon moves between the newly heal and helps them to their feet and guiding them out of tent slowly before calling a passing conscript over to guide them to a spot for those not needing constant attention. With a last look at the remaining five in the tent the surgeon takes Lurn's arm and guides him back to the main tent and goes inside with him. The tent is filled with burn victims in various states of care.

The surgeon quickly outlines where Lurn can find supplies before heading off on another task pausing only long enough to say,

"Thank you for that. They wouldn't have lasted until sunset."

((Give me a medicine roll.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:20 am

Medicine: 1D20+7 = [7]+7 = 14

"It's my pleasure to be able to aid others."
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:40 pm

Kroshav has a bit (4 HP, I think) left of Lay on Hands, but should have 1 spell slot left he can use to cast Cure Wounds.

"Not as good at it as my firbolg friend here, but point me at those that need it most."

He will call on his gods to heal the next most injured, spreading the LoH around as much as possible.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:44 am

The surgeon directs Kroshav to one, the one with the gut wound, and watches the healing. The woman moans as he removes the bandages over her stomach and examines the wound critically.

"A bit more if possible." Assuming Kroshav gives another point of healing the surgeon nods and re-wraps the wound. "She has a chance now." Moving to another, very still burn victim the surgeon nods down. The burns on the victim's face are bad enough that their species and gender are impossible to tell. A point of healing causing them to give a rasping breath. The last point is directed to the man with the head wound, who doesn't wake or respond in anyway.

((If you want to use that Cure wounds you can roll it. Also did Kroshav want to work triage in the big tent with Kroshav or be on watch?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:18 am

Cure Wounds: 1D8+4 = [3]+4 = 7

He's not as trained as Lurn, but he's got a strong stomach and a good bedside manner. He'll assist as needed, but otherwise just be giving what comfort he can. He'll have Hep or Dama come fetch him if needed.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:05 pm

Another soldier's burns heal to shiny pink skin in places. She rises groggily and she is guided away. The surgeon gives Kroshav a nod and sends him with Kroshav.

((Give me a medicine roll anyhow for Kroshav. Jaq doing anything?

@Forest group... anything?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:29 pm

((Yup, just assisting... and hopefully not killing anyone.))

Medicine: 1D20+1 = [1]+1 = 2
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:03 am

Joe investigates tree trunk. Nature [1d20+2] = 10+2 = 12 investigation [1d20+4] = 7+4 = 11

(Sorry I been busy with school stuff.)