The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by Theis2 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:20 am

So there are two guards in the front and the back, once every minute or so they patrol around the house. Holger suggest using that time to act and go in from the side, through a window, or try to cast sleep on the one in front and move in before he wakes up if possible. He's open to alternatives though
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:10 am

If they're circling the house, we could subdue then individually in a quietish spot and go from there? Sleep+Randy+maybe a distraction from Nem/Ily could work?

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:05 pm

Randy would be willing to give it a try.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:49 pm

Would having a map of the grounds make it easier for you guys? It's entirely possible that it may never come to combat, but may help in being able to plan an approach?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:48 am

Probably would. Might be this evening before I could look at it though. Depends on your imaging program (The one you use for stat blocks is straight out for here at work.)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:55 am

Only if it's not a problem to make one :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:57 am

Ha! You're assuming I'll have it together by this evening! I will have to work on getting one together. I'll probably make a 'rough' one that can be adapted to a more detailed one in case it DOES come to combat.

That is the easiest format that I have ready access too, depending on how work is about checking personal emails with attachments, I could potentially send it to you direct...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:00 am

Usually doesn't get that worked up about e-mail attachments interestingly enough. Of course, we don't just hand out our work emails typically. I could make an exception or two. ;)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:32 am

Yeah that's was wondering about a personal email account like a Gmail or something that you can check while at work.

I could also post them as links to a Google doc if that would be any easier.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:12 am

Don't know about the Google doc working or not. Usually the firewall blocks checking personal e-mails at work. Could give you my personal, but it'd have to wait for the end of the work day. I shoot stuff to and from my personal account all the time, including Jpeg and gif. My major concern is that my actual name is essentially the work email. And while I think I can trust you all with it, I do want to be cautious with it so I don't have to have a conversation with the OIG if my email account suddenly starts getting commercial spam.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:54 am

Totally get that. If you want to see if google docs work, here's a link that may or may not take you to a test page.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1nLk ... sp=sharing
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:56 am

Hmm... Acts like a dead-end link for me. Not the usual firewall message, just that the page can't be found. Not sure what to make of that.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:23 pm

Not sure why it's not posting as an IMG... But...

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:06 am

Hmmm....
Neutralize the two at the back and as long as the two at the front stayed put and we didn't make too much noise about it, we'd have access to the main house through either window or door. Sleep used to be an area affect spell. I'm assuming it still is?
Zokk could get us in close, Holger could send them to nappy time, Randy and Tess could tie them and then we could enter on the sneak.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:02 am

Keep in mind that they to a patrol where one leaves the front, walks around the east side to the back, and one of the guys from the back walks around the west side to the front. That would mean that the front has a brief window of just one guy on it, but there tend to be more front facing windows, so if Gibbs, Pembleton or the housekeeper happen to look out, you're running more of a risk of being spotted.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:09 pm

Pick off the one on the back door first after his buddy walks around the corner, then get the replacement as he comes around? Take the 3 rd guy by ambushing him when he walks back and have Randy stroll up pretending to be the replacement until he gets close enough to distract him while Holger sleeps him from the other direction?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:49 am

Dornikal is back at the inn if you need him. He is okay sneaky but it isn't really his thing.

Also he is incredibly recognizable in this town.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:01 am

We got a slight problem with sleep being that I still only have 1st level spells, so the likely hood of it working on them might not be very high.
Holger would also like to try to do it without attacking the guards if possible. Tess or Holger should be able to open the windows with mage hand (if they can be opened).

We should have a couple of minutes to get close and get in between patrols, which might be enough if we don't have to fiddle with locks or unhinging a window from the outside?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:11 pm

Whenever you want to enact your plan, or if you have anything else you want to check or try, feel free to post it in the main thread. I'll take anything in here to be you guys just planning out what you're going to attempt. That way you don't have to try to do it IC.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:37 pm

So maybe what we can do is see if either Tess or Holger can open a window with Mage Hand, and then Zokk could use Pass without Trace to get the team to the window between circuits by the guards. He could then pull back out of the way to wait for Tess to Message him to come back in and cover our exit. And Randy'll promise not to start anything just to collect a hat. :P

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:17 am

We need to be within 30 ft, so we probably have to do it in reverse order and get close first and then mage hand it open.

How big are the windows? Could we pull a tree through them or would we have to leave Zokk behind?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:30 am

It'd would be awful hard to do. They have decent stealth, and PWT would help, but you're still cramming a big tree through a window.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:36 am

I think it'd be easier to break through the wall, then roll a nat 20 on deception on the "window" always having been that big. :roll:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:47 am

I mean, Zokk would be able to fit through, but it'd be a bit of a squeeze. You're also trying to do that in the middle of the sunny afternoon, with four guards patrolling outside, and at least three people inside the house.

Doable, especially with PWT, but think there'd be disadvantage in there somewhere.

The stairs here are probably more soundly constructed than the ones at the Lame Goat at least.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:05 am

While having Zokk in the building might be useful, I'd say it'd still be optional as long as we kept things quiet. He could be the back up in case something went wrong and the entry team had to fight it's way out. It'd be pretty obvious if there was something going on as all the guards would suddenly pile into the building...probably shortly followed by some form of noisy pyrotechnics. :P