1 = 0

Discuss the comic here!
Zambee
Whispers Softly

Re: 1 = 0

Post by Zambee » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:39 am

I just figured that the psion wasn't thinking in entirely mathematical terms. More like 1=Existence and 0=Oblivion.
All things are 1, oblivion doesn't exist yet is 0, if he can assign mathematical values to things and make the universe accept that, he could then "trick" creation into believing 1=0, assuming the rules of reality for the universe/multi verse he exists in are different to our own. Which they are to some degree, since our reality doesn't allow for psionics, mages, talking animals and anymugs. His existence depends on the fantasy imagination of the DM and the folks playing the game, so theoretically, you could do more or less anything that is otherwise imposable if you can make it sound plausible from a campaign or story telling point of view. "A wizard did it"/"Deus ex machina" works well enough for the purposes of a story. So 1=0 could happen. The fans/players may not be entirely happy with that, but the Psion and DM may not care.

EatsAPeach
Speaks Quietly

Post by EatsAPeach » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:27 am

He'll make one tiny mistake and it will come out as 'one over zero,' and Tailsteak will start drawing the comic.
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the International Communist Conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
--Jack D. Ripper, Gen. USAF, ca. 1963

Ikul
Remains Silent

Post by Ikul » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:36 am

wonderdrow wrote:When 1 + 2 = 3 then 2 = 3 - 1

When 1 + Ôê× = Ôê× and 0 + Ôê× = Ôê× then 1 = Ôê× - Ôê× and also 0 = Ôê× - Ôê×

One is nothing in the eye of infinity.
Of course, infinity isn't a number, you can't use it like that.

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:05 am

EatsAPeach wrote:He'll make one tiny mistake and it will come out as 'one over zero,' and Tailsteak will start drawing the comic.
I thought I was the only one here who knew about that! I absolutely loved that comic, glad to know it wasn't just a fever-dream I had.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:52 pm

Gamer_2k4 wrote:Do I really need to point out that the "proof" of one equaling zero isn't a paradox at all, but just bad math?
The proof is an alteration of reality. If 1 = 0 then nothing can in turn exist, have existed or be anything but nothing; aka being anything but nothing is 1 = 0 as correct math in the reality of MoM. It isn't bad math when it is the correct math of that universe.