38 Ways To Kill A Psion

Discuss the comic here!
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: 38 Ways To Kill A Psion

Post by LAYF » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:13 am

Well.. again.. written numbers are a human(oid) concept that holds no power over the universe...

according to the Kin's. a 38 cal bullet would not kill him, as the 38 is only a representation of a human created measurement. It must be a universal 38.
Such as 38 bullets, 38 ways to kill, dimension 38 objects are all kryptonite...

Reference: Panel 10 says:
"No 'feet' are just a unit of measurement arbitrarily designated by humanoieds. It's not a universal constant"
-Best regards LAYF

The Rotting King
Mutters to Themself

Post by The Rotting King » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:12 am

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:Well.. again.. written numbers are a human(oid) concept that holds no power over the universe...

according to the Kin's. a 38 cal bullet would not kill him, as the 38 is only a representation of a human created measurement. It must be a universal 38.
Such as 38 bullets, 38 ways to kill, dimension 38 objects are all kryptonite...

Reference: Panel 10 says:
"No 'feet' are just a unit of measurement arbitrarily designated by humanoieds. It's not a universal constant"
Huh...You know, I was just making my bi-weekly badger awareness post, but I just realized something... does that mean Psimax was never even in danger from Kin's tail, and he just spazzed out and blew her up?

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:15 am

The Rotting King wrote:Huh...You know, I was just making my bi-weekly badger awareness post, but I just realized something... does that mean Psimax was never even in danger from Kin's tail, and he just spazzed out and blew her up?
Perhaps, but it's also entirely possible that his general invincibility didn't extend to being strangled. After all, that's not an external force attacking his corporeal shell, but his corporeal shell's own innate weakness of requiring air, which the strangulation prevents him from gaining. The ability to summon infinite numbers of psionic shields doesn't offer any protection against failure to meet biological needs.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:15 am

Well.. no....
While his one weakness is 38, he is not 100% immune to everything else... just really really resistant...
-Best regards LAYF

The Rotting King
Mutters to Themself

Post by The Rotting King » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:25 am

So theoretically, if Minmax had gotten a good hit in with a normal sword by pure luck, Psimax could have been injured then?

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:11 am

Yep.
-Best regards LAYF

Morrack
Mutters to Themself

Post by Morrack » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:12 pm

willpell wrote:
The Rotting King wrote:Huh...You know, I was just making my bi-weekly badger awareness post, but I just realized something... does that mean Psimax was never even in danger from Kin's tail, and he just spazzed out and blew her up?
Perhaps, but it's also entirely possible that his general invincibility didn't extend to being strangled. After all, that's not an external force attacking his corporeal shell, but his corporeal shell's own innate weakness of requiring air, which the strangulation prevents him from gaining. The ability to summon infinite numbers of psionic shields doesn't offer any protection against failure to meet biological needs.
So, theoretically, they could have drowned Psimax in the River of Healing Potion.
I know that story-wise, that could never have happened but it would make a cool death, no? :)

Would be even cooler if his head fitted in Forgaths mug ;).

Corpsificus
Speaks Quietly
UStream Username: Corpsificus

Post by Corpsificus » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:59 pm

Corpsificus wrote:I got 38 problems but a Psion ain't one.
Actually now that I think about this comment, 38 problems should be sufficient to exploit Psimax's mathematical weakness. :P
Misery enjoys company.