Another Prophecy Theory

Discuss the comic here!
OnceUponATime
Whispers Softly

Re: Another Prophecy Theory

Post by OnceUponATime » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:28 pm

Like The Rotting King mentioned in the post above, we saw that dies horribly had a -10 and wasn't dead, and we can see that the goblin in here (http://www.goblinscomic.org/07132012/) is dead and doesn't have a -10 over his head. so a -10 isn't the only way to ensure death, and it doesn't even necessarily do.

Your.Master
Mutters to Themself

Post by Your.Master » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:25 pm

I'm almost certain I heard during one of THunt's live draw sessions that while he puts some intentional misdirections and ambiguities into the prophecies and foreshadowings, the Viper Clan being a potential "serpent" was a complete accident that he seemed to find kind of frustrating (since people aren't finding the subtler misdirections he worked on? Just speculation).

I could be misremembering. Or THunt could be lying. But there it is. So I think the Viper clan is not the serpent.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:04 am

RocketScientist wrote:IIRC, someone in another thread somewhere checked, and said that -10 isn't consistent. If GS came back now it would feel a lot like shoddy, soap opera style writing (e.g. dun-dun-duuuuun... so & so is back from the dead!!! *audience gasp*).
I remember someone stating that THunt confirmed the missing -10 above GS was his error. (Retold from a live-drawing session).

And if GS came back, that would seem out of character for me.
From the conversation between Minmax and GS, the guards and GS,... I got the impression, that the player seemed to be fed up withhis character Dellyn Goblinslayer, and would likely start a new character instead of re-lifing Dellyn.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:43 pm

So... my guess now...

MM, Forgat + Kin exits the maze and faces the GAP.
Kin stops MM from attacking the GAP.
Kore, in rage over seeing a Dwarf alongside a Monster (Kin) uses distraction of Kin stopping MM to kill Forgat.
MM starts to hate Kin for distracting him. Using his not so smart quick conclusions to decide that Kin - Kore + GAP is in fact ALL evil..

How does this sound?
-Best regards LAYF

Reirrac
Whispers Softly

Post by Reirrac » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:10 am

I think this would be out of character for Minmax. It's not like she killed the dwarf by accident, she merely have been a distraction in your scenario and he kinda is in love with her. If something makes him think Kin is evil, it will be worst than that.

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:10 am

I think the simplest explanation given the current facts is that Kore initially teams up with, or is seen as a friend by FMK until he realizes what Kin is, and reacts as Ruby did, only with violent force instead of an odd look. Forgath will die a bad death, and I suspect Minmax will also be grievously injured, possibly to be rescued by the Goblin Party.
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

Bad At Jokes
Whispers Softly

Post by Bad At Jokes » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Also, looking at the page where MM and Forgath are talking to the wall, the wall actually says "If you ever finds those goblin guys it's going to end badly for you both"

It's pretty obvious by now that it is FMK teleporting to the GAP and with the prophecy, i think its pretty obvious that Kore is the dwarf.

Scorvos
Remains Silent

Post by Scorvos » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:43 am

If you want to have the Hollywood ending - some time after all evil has been vanquished - all goals accomplished. An elderly Minmax and Forgath return to Brassmoon.
Minmax: "I remember this wall; didn't it tell you you were going to die in a fight with some other Dwarf?"
Forgath: "Oh, my fighting days are over; Unlike this wall prophesy are not made of stone."
Wall: "No I was right - in fact you died at the hands of a Dwarf over 5000 times in the Maze of Many. The first time was against Forgath #180, Hammer to the Face. The next time was Forgath #183 - pulled out your Liver and smothered you with it. Then you were ..."
Minmax: "You want to go get a Drink?"
Forgath: "O.K. but - no throwing people though the window."

Chango
Remains Silent

Post by Chango » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:13 am

Has anybody thought that the love between MM and Kin might fuel the hate in some of the alt kins? or maybe even in Kore (love between a human and a monster might fuel a lot of hate in that guy!)