Biscuit Theory

Discuss the comic here!
Miryafa
Whispers Softly
UStream Username: Miryafa

Biscuit Theory

Post by Miryafa » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:28 pm

The 3 adventurers trapped in the Egg were part of Biscuit's adventuring party.

Facts:
-Biscuit entered the dungeon through some means 600 years ago
-The key to the dungeon had been lost for a very long time
-Adventurers usually travel in groups of at least 4
-Biscuit was the only one at the bottom of the stairs, but...
-The orb was still there.

So, maybe Biscuit's group entered the maze, and they got caught by the egg. Biscuit didn't know how to free them, so he went on. At the bottom of the stairs, he traded his soul for the orb, perhaps thinking that as long as he got the orb he could escape from the demon. But he couldn't, and so was stuck there until Dies and co banished the demon.

Thoughts?

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Re: Biscuit Theory

Post by Glemp » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:34 pm

Miryafa wrote:The 3 adventurers trapped in the Egg were part of Biscuit's adventuring party.

Facts:

So, maybe Biscuit's group entered the maze, and they got caught by the egg. Biscuit didn't know how to free them, so he went on. At the bottom of the stairs, he traded his soul for the orb, perhaps thinking that as long as he got the orb he could escape from the demon. But he couldn't, and so was stuck there until Dies and co banished the demon.

Thoughts?
Why would Biscuit trade his own soul knowing that when a demon take possession, they certainly aren't going to let him walk out? And no, I don't believe that Biscuit would be naive enough to think that the demons would no matter what important details they left out.

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Interesting. The panel with the egg-contents is here.
Four dead humanoids, (one more with brown hair on the next page). One of them an elf, by the ears. (Do elves like orcs?) One with a sword, one with a mace, one with an axe (which is nearest the elf, but never seemed like a very elvish weapon to me). Could be a warhammer on the next page. Their armour is quite valuable-looking, so they are relatively high level.

The other theory is that Biscuit was put in place specifically for the demon to sustain herself with over the centuries, when the Well of Darkness was built, by the builder(s).

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:08 pm

Oh, speaking of the deal, Fox really should have wondered why, if the demoness' offer was genuine, she still had the Orb after gaining Biscuit's soul.

Miryafa
Whispers Softly

Post by Miryafa » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:07 pm

RidcullyJack wrote:Interesting. The panel with the egg-contents is here.
Four dead humanoids, (one more with brown hair on the next page).
Ah, you're right, I missed the 4th. Well, the theory seems much less plausible now.

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:26 am

I think that when biscuit came the last chamber he had at least one living companion. After talking with demon he decided to betray Biscuit and sell his soul. But afterwards he got useless ordinary stone and was forced to leave/killed by demons.
Complains of Everything in Minelings.
Boro in Call of Ctulhu - Filipstad
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

In God School as Dies in Battle

My own game! Castle Story Open for everyone!

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:39 am

Borys wrote:I think that when biscuit came the last chamber he had at least one living companion. After talking with demon he decided to betray Biscuit and sell his soul. But afterwards he got useless ordinary stone and was forced to leave/killed by demons.
Demons can only take souls by agreement. Biscuit himself would have to give his souls unless the other guy owned it already.

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:05 am

So he decided to sacrifice himself, but the other one was fooled into taking wrong orb/killed afterwards. Just like later Dies and Fox, but Dies' two souls saved him. Biscuit probably wasn't forced to sacrifice, because of his clan specific.
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

Unlucky-for-Some
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Unlucky-for-Some » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:21 am

When I saw the topic of this thread for the first time my first thought was that it was some weird Goblins version of String Theory ... :D
All hail the power of the stick!

Miryafa
Whispers Softly

Post by Miryafa » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:13 pm

Unlucky-for-Some wrote:When I saw the topic of this thread for the first time my first thought was that it was some weird Goblins version of String Theory ... :D
"The motion of a point-like orc can be described by drawing a graph of its position with respect to time. The resulting picture depicts the worldline of the orc in spacetime. In an analogous way, one can draw a graph depicting the progress of a string as time passes. The string, which looks like a small line by itself, will sweep out a two-dimensional surface known as the worldsheet..." ;)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:02 pm

Miryafa wrote:The 3 adventurers trapped in the Egg were part of Biscuit's adventuring party.

Facts:

Thoughts?
Please read this page:
http://www.goblinscomic.com/10142011/ wrote:
► Show Spoiler
This implicates that the demoness already owned Biscuit when she was captured and put in the dungeon.
Or that Bis uit was given to her as food.
We don't know, and likely never will.
Biscuit's soul might have been property of the demoness for more than six thousand years....
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:13 pm

As I recall, Biscuit also repeats the 600 years in his speech to Dies and Fox shortly after that.

Miryafa
Whispers Softly

Post by Miryafa » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:13 pm

Krulle wrote:Please read this page:
http://www.goblinscomic.com/10142011/ wrote:
► Show Spoiler
This implicates that the demoness already owned Biscuit when she was captured and put in the dungeon.
Or that Bis uit was given to her as food.
We don't know, and likely never will.
Biscuit's soul might have been property of the demoness for more than six thousand years....
If anything, the passage you quoted implies the opposite (that the demoness captured Biscuit after entering the maze) because she says "I was captured and trapped here over six hundred years ago," and "I have spent the last six hundred years summoning and killing him."

Not that demons are known for exactness.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:12 am

DrinksTooMuchCoffee wrote:As I recall, Biscuit also repeats the 600 years in his speech to Dies and Fox shortly after that.
nope.

Dies Horribly says that, and Biscuit does not deny or confirm that.
http://www.goblinscomic.com/05082012/ wrote:
► Show Spoiler
We don't know how Biscuit got in there.
As I wrote above, for all we know he could have been the Demoness' possession for longer than the Demoness' time of imprisonment in the Well of Darkness.

The implications I get are, that Biscuit's soul has been given to the Demoness as nourishment during her imprisonment while she protects the Orb of Blueoodlight.
And to be nourishing over such a long time, you'd need a very strong character that doesn't succumb to the hopelessness of such a situation.

Edit: corrected the spellchecker "correction" bloodlight/bluelight.... :(
Last edited by Krulle on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:38 pm

Are you colorblind? The orb has a red light, not blue.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:43 pm

*bloodlight
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:27 pm

Even if Biscuit wandered down into the dungeon as part of an adventuring party and willingly entered into a pact with the Demoness, we have no reason to believe that he was bargaining for the orb, particularly since he didn't seem to care about it in the slightest once he was freed.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

Corrupt User
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Corrupt User » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:40 pm

The Demoness would've died of starvation without a soul. And then merged back into hell or something. Being chained up in the dungeon was probably a better option for her. Anyway, whoever built the dungeon probably gave her Biscuit, with the suffering he suffers being enough to keep the Demoness alive but not strong enough to break free or anything like that.

Miryafa
Whispers Softly

Post by Miryafa » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:21 pm

Liesmith wrote:Even if Biscuit wandered down into the dungeon as part of an adventuring party and willingly entered into a pact with the Demoness, we have no reason to believe that he was bargaining for the orb, particularly since he didn't seem to care about it in the slightest once he was freed.
After being tortured for six hundred years after the rest of the party is dead, I doubt anyone would care about an orb whose only ability seems to be to regenerate a limb.