September 14 2013 Goodbye

Discuss the comic here!
Breathes-Fire
Remains Silent

Re: September 14 2013 Goodbye

Post by Breathes-Fire » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:41 am

Anyone considered the possibility that the IME material might be immune to the effects of oblivion holes? Possibly PsiMax might know this and therefore allow out FMK to win just to be rid of them, since they will not be as much of a problem next run.

PsiMax *SHOULD* know that this outcome won't be the same outcome next time. He's already gone through enough times to know this. In fact, who's to say he hasn't already gone this far every time, and this is how he constructed the gears in the first place?

WastesTime
Is Heard Often

Post by WastesTime » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:32 am

Or maybe, just maybe, Sapphire has messed up Psimax's gears in a way that will reset his memory or him when the Maze resets. It is possible that the Three Kins will push our FMK ino the winning circle and they will rush to the Teapot while the Maze resets? When they enter the blue circle they technically win, so maybe the Maze resets while they can still loot the room and then go to their homeland by entering the red circle? They have to take the Teapot with them and they will probably end outside the Maze of Many entrance.
"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"

T' Northerner
Of Few Words

Post by T' Northerner » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:07 am

Thunt tweeted that someone would win in the next update, and we also know the Psimax issue gets resolved, so I'm pretty convinced by the 'Psimax gets pushed into the winners circle' theory.

napslikecat
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by napslikecat » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:23 am

Just a little realization
Minmax said his vision is all purple.
Psimax has 2 purple eyes, so his vision must be really purple.
Minmax is wearing purple armor.
Does this mean it's hard for Psimax to see minmax? Instant camouflage?

Jochi
Speaks Quietly

Post by Jochi » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:21 am

WastesTime wrote:
Maur wrote:Wait, Goblins are kid friendly? With all that gross violence? And showing Onyx without bra would make it not so?

That is seriously weird.
Yes to violence, no to sex. That's USA for you
I had a friend that visited Australia. His accent was educated West Oklahoma, a little toward Midwestern from West Texas. Sitting in a bar with the Aussie friends he was visiting, a stranger came up and said, "Excuse me, are you from Canada?"
He blinked, surprised. "No, I'm from the US. Do I sound Canadian?"
"Nah, mate, we could tell you were from North America, and when we want to know where a North American is from, we always ask 'Are you from Canada', because if they're from the States, they just say, 'Nah, I'm from the States', but if we ask a Canadian if they're from the States, they get MAD."
The moral of the story is, THunt is Canadian; you might want to be careful implying otherwise. I don't KNOW that he'd take offense, but I've known Canadians who bristle even at hearing the anecdote I just related.

WastesTime
Is Heard Often

Post by WastesTime » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:23 am

@Jochi

I wasn't directing that to Thunt, rather to Maur who was in turn responding to other posts about Goblins turning away from "kid friendly" just because Thunt wanted to show Onyx's breasts.

Still, I don't think Thunt would mind (I hope not, I do know the difference between Canada and the U.S. :D)
"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"

Jochi
Speaks Quietly

Post by Jochi » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:31 am

WastesTime wrote: Still, I don't think Thunt would mind (I hope not, I do know the difference between Canada and the U.S. :D)
Yah, me too. According to Heinlein, Canada is 'that part of the country that has the good sense to NOT send their money to Washington.'
A quote that rankles a lot of Canadians more than the true story I told. Of course, one rejoined, "No, we send OURS to OTTOWA. That's LOADS better..." while grimacing.

Tarnagh
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Tarnagh » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:19 pm

stevedj wrote:Question: Any speculation (or funny ideas) of what drink Forgath summoned? (or did I miss that discussion earlier in this thread?) Hopefully it is more than just... a-beer-and-goodbye?
Love Potion #38? :) It would fit nicely with the "love will fuel hate" thing. Even if it's not really true. 45 minutes til update, woo!

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:52 pm

Well, what do you expect? Contrary to the wishes of the Founding Fathers, the United States has long since become a de-facto Christian nation, probably the single most such apart from the Vatican city-state (assuming you count Catholic as Christian, which some do and some don't). I'm not sure what the exact percentage of self-identified Jesus-believers in America is, but it's well north of 2/3 and probably of 3/4. In a nation whose government is even slightly democratic, that inevitably means that the prohibitions of religion playing a role in governance are going to be shredded in short order, receiving lip service at best while the actual-and-self-proclaimed majority rewrites the laws of Man to conform to what they consider the laws of God.

Christianity has a long history of considering violence an acceptible counter to other violence, blasphemy, "moral corruption", and various other offenses, all while finding various reasons to restrict, regulate, or outright prohibit all but the most strictly-biologically-necessary forms of sexual expression. It's almost certain not what George and Ben and Tom had in mind (to the best of my recollection, all three were avowed Deists, and thus regarded God as having no hand in the day-to-day workings of Earth), but it was the inevitable consequence of their desire to let the people run the country, when the people consisted primarily of the descendants of exiled religious extremists from England, whose lineages became more of an echo chamber for their radical beliefs with every passing generation. (Granted, that was only the first step on the path to where we are today; the Civil, World and Cold wars almost certainly all played a critical role in watering the initial seed of a problem, and had even one of those wars not happened, the chances are we'd have managed to remain somewhat more moderate on these issues.)
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Simon
Speaks Quietly

Post by Simon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:07 pm

napslikecat wrote:Just a little realization
That's brilliant, I hope something like this happens!

Unlucky-for-Some
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Unlucky-for-Some » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:20 pm

WastesTime wrote:
Still, I don't think Thunt would mind (I hope not, I do know the difference between Canada and the U.S. :D)
Wait ... there's a difference?

;) :ktongue:
All hail the power of the stick!

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:21 pm

WastesTime wrote:Or maybe, just maybe, Sapphire has messed up Psimax's gears in a way that will reset his memory or him when the Maze resets. It is possible that the Three Kins will push our FMK ino the winning circle and they will rush to the Teapot while the Maze resets...
What's the rush? Maze "reset" is on Manual now. :)

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:42 pm

Simon wrote:
napslikecat wrote:Just a little realization
That's brilliant, I hope something like this happens!
Kind of like when people wear green clothes on a greenscreen? Wouldn't that just make MinMax appear to be a floating pair of arms and a very angry head?
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie