Civilization V: Real Life in the way, calling it quits.

Home to all current Forum Games.
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: Civilization V: Heart of the Maelstrom: 599.09

Post by LAYF » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:37 am

Race:
1 Goblins (Feytala)
1 Lizard Stallions: (Borys, )
5 Drow: (madmartin, LAYF, Nolandking, TTW, astrosteve, )
1 Ponies: (kida, )
4 Grippi: (Badgeaddict, Moose, Jib, ttwig)
1 Centaur: (burns, )
1 Wemic: (Davecom3)

General Location: (based on the above info, come up with whatever you want)
1 Ruins of an ancient civilization, scarred by war (Feytala)
6 Floating Islands in the sky: (Badgeaddict, Nolandking, burns, TTW, astrosteve, Borys )
1 Moderately sized island, or chain of islands (madmartin, )
3 Cave system on the edge between a rain-forest/dessert (LAYF, kida, ttwig )
1 Cave near Rain Forest (Moose)

Tweaks:
4 Lycanthropy (TTW, burns, astrosteve, Madmartin26)
5 Celestial Event (kida, Feytala, TTW, Badge, LAYF)
6 Arcanely Boosted (LAYF, Feytala, Moose, Badge, Nolandking, astrosteve)
3 Technological (burns, Moose, ttwig)
0 Mysterious Benefactor ()
3 Underdark Connections(Madmartin26, Nolandking, kida, )
1 Magic Zone (Davecom3)
1 Resource Source(Davecom3)

**Extra tweek vote If Drow becomes the dominate race is:
1 Lycanthropy (Nolandking, )
2 Distressingly Furry (Badge, Feytala, )
2 Celestial Event (kida, astrosteve)
1 Technological (Burns, )
5 Underdark Connections( Madmartin26, Davecom3, TTW, ttwig, LAYF )

A little changing.. not much...
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:38 am

A quick tally of whats what and whos who. (the following allows people to see everyone who has voted and whether or not they have voted as much as they can)

Feytala - (1 Race, 2 tweaks, +3) Has voted completely
Madmartin - (1 Race, 2 Tweaks, +3) Has voted completely
LAYF - (1 Race, 2 Tweaks, +3) Has voted completely
Nolandking - (1 Race, 2 Tweaks, +3) Has voted completely
TTW - (1 Race, 2 Tweaks, +3) Has voted completely
Astrosteve - (1 Race, 2 Tweaks, +3) Has voted completely
Kida - (1 Race, 2 Tweaks, +3) Has voted completely
Badge - (1 Race, 2 Tweaks, +3) Has voted completely
Burns - (1 Race, 2 Tweaks, +3) Has voted completely
Davecom3 - (1 Race, 2 Tweaks, +3) Has voted completely

Borys - (1 Race) Can still vote for tweaks
Moose - (1 Race, 2 Tweaks) Can still vote for possible 3 Tweak
JibJib - (1 Race) Can still vote for tweaks
Ttwig - (1 Race, 1 Tweak, +3) Can still vote for 1 normal tweak

This list does not mean you have to vote, only that you have options to do so.
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:52 am

(and this is why i'm not voting :P)

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:57 am

(Yeah, I definitely know what you guys mean, It makes you care about this stuff way too much. Ah well, i guess we can just look forward to when the voting is over and we're all part of the same tribe. :) )

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:01 pm

(Huh, I think the voting has been a fun little mini-game. Even if I get nothing I want, THIS is not going to bum me out tommorow. Stuff that bums me out is much bigger than a game.

Edit: I do hope BA feels like he got something he wanted out of the voting, namely a large % of the tribe are frog people.)
Last edited by ThroughTheWell on Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:03 pm

Alright, four pages for one vote is two or three too many... I think I'm going to shut the votes now rather than in three hours, before it gets to be 10 pages long. Next post detailing the starting scenario will be up later today. Drow win the dominance run population-wise, with an arcane boost, a celestial event, and underdark connections.

Interesting times, indeed...
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:06 pm

► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:14 pm

And so let it be know that on this day Aegis J Hyena king of Civilization V: Heart of the Maelstrom put an end to the Vote War.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:15 pm

I guess it makes sense. Drow do take slaves of races other than drow, so I imagine most other races may be slaves to the primary race, though some are very prideful, so they might not take kindly to that.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:21 pm

Nolandking wrote:And so let it be know that on this day Aegis J Hyena king of Civilization V: Heart of the Maelstrom put an end to the Vote War.
Ok, I laughed for a good minute or two at that.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:22 pm

True. I guess it depends on how good or evil our drow are; while drow are known for being slightly evil, whether they actually are evil or not depends wholly on the individual person and city(Not that i have to say monsters have feelings too on the goblins forum, but still). I suppose the gripli could be allies, while the low population races could be current or former slave races(Meaning that most of them are slaves and only a few are free, or they were all just freed from being slaves). Or maybe our starting popuation is the remaining population of a drow trading town, and everyone was a respected member of the society before(So factions, but no slavery or one controlling another), who knows.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:23 pm

The grippli are not slaves.....they are religious zealots...or...whatever aegis makes them.

and come on madmartin, seriously, what makes you have a say in whether or not everyone is a slave to the drow, you got your underdark connections...

And no LAYF, no matter how upset about where voting was going, i wouldn't (and couldn't) shut down the game.

Its just sad to give life to something and pushing it out of the next on its maiden flight, only to watch as it flutters a bit and then drops like a stone.
(having come up with grippli, the floating sky-islands, and world tweaks)

At least I'll have my Floating sky-islands... Though, I still haven't learned my lesson on coming up with ideas in the presence of Aegis, and...as he said, if you hate how tweaks turned out, you can blame me.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:28 pm

Given that these drow are rejects, I hope that the rest of the races are not treated as slaves. They should have enough population for a revolt if the GM puts the slave spin on things.

Again badge, I don't understand your sadness. The frog people are 28% of the population. That seems great to me if I wanted frog people in the game. They just are not as numerous as the drow. I don't see that as a tragedy. Do you, really?
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:30 pm

Badge, given the stipulation you added, you can always look forward to the people voting to the drow to become inactive.
If enough become inactive your frogs could become dominant ;)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:38 pm

Tragedy - I'm not gonna cry myself to sleep tonight, It just would have been interesting had they been dominate. Sadly I feel that alot of people went for drow due to a possible 3rd tweak instead of drow themselves.

And yes, having kept track of a lot of the stats of the last Civ, I'm sure that people will come in and drop off as time passes which may change things. Which is the whole idea of "shares/stocks" in a race, and given that new people starting in (nikohl) need to place a vote in a race when they join (no matter who is dominate) can add an interesting twist to the game.

In all honesty, I'm really just looking forward to the game starting, because i think that the new twists that have been added will make it extremely interesting.

As for a character, yes, i voted for frogmen, and i plan to be one, and if that means leading a rebellion (smite evil) against the evil drow.....so be it...But i will see where the cards (and dice) fall. Good luck everyone and may we finally conquer the world.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:40 pm

Guys, I'm really sorry. I may have given him ideas while doing some maths for him. If something awful happens and I notice it's similar to the sentence I said, I'm... well, I'm not sorry and I won't tell you it was because of me. >.>

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:50 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:Tragedy - I'm not gonna cry myself to sleep tonight, It just would have been interesting had they been dominate. Sadly I feel that alot of people went for drow due to a possible 3rd tweak instead of drow themselves.
Nah.. I vent for Drow's because they are the only Elf subrace I like (I really hate all the Wood/High/Aquatic/Shoal/Avariel/Snow/Wild/Harrow/Green/Lythari/Dark/Star/Ghost/Painted/Gray/Ignan/Abysal/Air/Earth/sun/moon/silver/blood/Arctic/Desert/Jungle/Eladrin and what the hell have we Elves)
*I'll add them as i find them.... stupid elves...
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:51 pm

you realize, nikohl, that now anything bad that happens we can merely and instantly blame it on you.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:59 pm

Oh don't worry. Most of my votes are going to be accompanied by "That wasn't me! and THAT wasn't me!"

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:20 pm

Oksay, badge, I don't like the Idea of being multiraced at all... And I don't like Frogs. And ugly races in general. I mean... Frogmorphs, really ? Also, Next time... Three Tweaks from the start and they are all good. No Drow-Extra. In Fact it was one of the reasons I didn't vote for them... I liked them very much, but I am irritated. Currently it seems I get the magic Civ I wanted the last time this time... But I thought about playing a straightforward warrior or a greedy bussinesman this time.... Oh well, whatever.

Now you have it.

I still love you. You know that. With all your leathery Natural-Armor-Skin and your Overdivine Zealotism... :)

Ah, I look forward to the Roleplaying, which I suppose will be even more intense than last time... And I am more or less counting on a nearly-constant Inner-Tribe-War... Save when we have to defend to the outside.

Also, I finaly need to know how to contact you and Aegis, so i can take part on the "Throwing Ideas around"-process o:)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:45 pm

First things First: Aegis posts and we get the "lay-of-the-land" so to speak. basically you get location, races, and setting and then, only then, we decide whats going on. Having Floating Sky-islands should be fairly wicked, how that ties in with underdark connections (which i dislike because it dictates a location without being a location (thats merely a peev of mine)Yes madmartin, i mean you)...anyways, how that ties in with the whole scheme of it, who knows but the great Aegis himself.

So, we've got 7 different races that are for some reason or another stranded on a floating island (or "chain" of floating islands) in the sky...the first thing that comes to mind is some way to travel between (new word sky + islands = Skylands), then even moreso, how are we supposed to travel from our skyland down to the continents on the ocean below. (second question, are there continents, and is there an ocean below, i suppose there has to be, if there was ever an underdark).

So many questions that will be answered at the time of Aegis's post. Looking forward to it.

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:49 pm

I am counting on portals which lead from isle to isle... Or down... And are important ressourcces. Control a portal, control everything that comes through...

Also in fact we have 13 races, because "Goblins" stands for Goblins, Hobgoblins and Bugbears, while Lizardman stand for the huge ones, the workers and the skinks... And they have amazons (Or maybe not, they're not dominant...)^^

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:56 pm

Badge will probably get a pet stone dragon to fly on...

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:57 pm

Yeah, goblins is probably only goblins, as they aren't dominant.

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:14 pm

Whatever... I just looked at the Pony-thing... Holy... Couldn't read it for five seconds before getting caries because of overwhelming sweetness/cuteness...

Mmh... No... Not going to kill them. To cute... Want to ride one... Enslaving is the way to go... :)

I am so progressive.