Kickstarters worth sharing

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
fifty
Whispers Softly

Re: Kickstarters worth sharing

Post by fifty » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:30 pm

Hurrah, Our project has just passed 100% so we're funded!! I'm sooo happy, thanks to any of you wonderful Goblins that supported us!

...and if you haven't had a look yet then please do, any extra support now is going straight to funding more and better art so we get a really polished product!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/188 ... rrarum-rpg

Orbis Terrarum - British swords, sorcery & science - now on DrivethruRPG :)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:35 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
nice to hear a success story :)
I'll see later this month, If a new RPG book to my far to big collection is what I'll give myself in an early Christmas gift :)
-Best regards LAYF

fifty
Whispers Softly

Post by fifty » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:38 pm

Thanks LayF :D

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:40 pm

:)
A question, how will it be available after the Kickstarter (in case I don't have the chance) and... well.. really the leather bound version... will it be obtainable at any point? (I have a weakness for that kind of books :P )
-Best regards LAYF

fifty
Whispers Softly

Post by fifty » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:30 am

At the moment we're planning to print and distribute ourselves, and yes that will include a leather bound version :)
Not sure of the cost of that option yet but it will be less than the pledge level as that includes other rewards.

..maybe you could pledge at the 2gbp point anyhow, that way you get to be listed as a patron & if you do buy later you'll still be in the list of our supporters?
I certainly consider you a supporter for your encouragement on this forum! :)

fifty
Whispers Softly

Post by fifty » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:33 am

Woo-hoo We've just hit our first stretch goal so we're dancing around with excitement! :)

...for starters the stretch goal means we get a whole bunch more art by Gary Chalk of Lonewolf gamebooks, Talisman boardgame, and early Warhammer & White Dwarf mag (Although I don't know how many of these were released outside of the UK?)

Now we're just hoping with your support we can keep it up and hit the next one!! 8)

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:56 am

The King's Armory:
Looks like an interesting tower defense game in a board game format. Ends in 15 days.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

fifty
Whispers Softly

Post by fifty » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 pm

We're on our last week of the KS campaign now and really hoping for the next stretch so please come and give us some goblins support - you know you want too!! :thumbsup:

FINAL WEEK!

boneguard
Of Few Words

Post by boneguard » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:10 am

Recently, Cakebread & Walton had posted on their webpage and Facebook page this kickstarter: Crios RPG a World War 1/Fantasy setting from Battlefield Press Inc. which uses Cakebread & Walton Renaissance d100 rule system.

I find the whole idea of combining these two elements very original and very interesting as it will bring a different type of approch, also I always enjoyed d100 systems as most are fairly compatible (as they tend to be derivitive of Chaosium RuneQuest/Basic Role play System) and Renaissance is particularly fun to play with. And finally there is not enough RPG out there that covers World War 1 Era (or WW1 like Era).
You can keep your precious reality, I got a kingdom to save from a horde of savage orcs and then go and do this wetjob for Mr. Johnson.

fifty
Whispers Softly

Post by fifty » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:06 am

Phew - been busy, busy, these last few days, Orbis RPG actually funded a few days ago and I've now sent out the 1st PDF to everyone -
So thanks again to all the goblins fans that kicked in to support us! :)

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:13 pm

Doesn't look like they're going to hit it, but it's an interesting idea. Big dreams by just two people.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:13 pm

Science experiment book for kids. Looks pretty cool. Already funded, working on the first stretch goal. With not much time to meet it! (Campaign goes for another few weeks, but the stretch goal needs to be hit by Saturday.)

Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:38 am

Of possible interest to some: Anti-Capitalism: The Musical!

Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Custom mini kickstarter

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:12 pm

I have no affiliation with this project, just thought it was cool...

How long til they add a customizable goblin race?

edit: moved to dedicated kickstarter thread. -RS
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Re: Custom mini kickstarter

Post by Gryphonic » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:31 pm

I am totally throwing money at this.
Does anyone see if there's a place saying how much the minis will be to order after the kickstarter is over?
Image Joiiiiiin ussssssss.....

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Custom mini kickstarter

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:02 pm

edit: moved to dedicated kickstarter thread. -RS
Thanks RS, I don't do a whole lot of KS stuff (other than GAR, of course), so didn't know there was a dedicated thread for this sort of thing.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:04 am

No problem. It's cool. People looking for kickstarters come here, so maybe more people will find it. :)

boneguard
Of Few Words

Post by boneguard » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:15 am

This is a new Kickstarter: Era: The Consortium that began a couple day ago.

It is a SCi-Fi RPG that looks promising, the premise and background provided appeals to me and I love the idea of a simple intuitive Dice system presented.

Plus the Free shipping for UK, Canada and US is also a great plus.
You can keep your precious reality, I got a kingdom to save from a horde of savage orcs and then go and do this wetjob for Mr. Johnson.

Newter
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Newter » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:20 am

I saw this awesome kickstarter that is located in Canada! (Yay cheaper shipping)

It makes stuff that looks like it easily fit in the world of Goblins. Pretty crazy awesome Chainmail designs.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... icking-off

Cheers,

Newter
Yay Dragon eggs!ImageImageImageImage

kdtompos
Remains Silent

Post by kdtompos » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Fate of the Norns: Ragnarok - Denizens of the North
Dark Age of Vikings, at the End of the World
Blood and darkness soak the Cosmic tree... From the fractured Viking Kingdoms of Norveig to the Siege of Asgard, Ragnarok is here!
Here's a kickstarter worth giving some attention to (though it doesn't have goblins in it... except perhaps tiny trolls). The setting has been out for a little over a year and is a fantastic one for anyone who like Vikings or Scandinavian folklore. It's a tabletop RPG, but instead of using dice it uses Runestones that you pull from your characters collection of runes in their place. The art is absolutely phenomenal, the setting is dark and steeped in history and folklore, and the gameplay has me absolutely hooked on the system (once I got the hang of it).

This kickstarter isn't for the game, but for it's first sourcebook, which will be over 200 pages of lore including: key players, fantastic locales, mythical items, new archetypes, and another published adventure to utilize.

What's best about this kickstarter is that there are ways to get access to the whole setting (both of the previously released books in addition to this new sourcebook) as a package while supporting the new endeavor. You can get all PDF's for pretty cheap, or the hard copies for just a little under retail price.

Kickstarter Link

If anyone is curious, here are some reviews on the setting as well. I've been playing it for about 6 months and I'm quite hooked :D

Fate of the Norns: Ragnarok Website
New Year, New Game: Fate of the Norns: Ragnarok
PA Report: Forget Skyrim, Play Fate of the Norns
RPG.net Review

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:32 am

This one:

Planets 3

5 days to go... come one Goblins, make me happy :D (I pledge)
Last edited by WearsHats on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed formatting
-Best regards LAYF

boneguard
Of Few Words

Post by boneguard » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:54 pm

Ran into this a bit last minute but better late then never: Enemy of nan is a Macbeth adaptation with Great actor: Sean Bean, Rupert Grint, Charle Dance, James D'Arcy, Jason Flemyng and Neil Maskell.

It's at 71% of goal, with 67 hours left. It need another 70K, but every Dollar Help

Also it's not a 100% clear, but Every pledge level also include the DIgitial Reward from Lower pledge:

So a pledge of 35$+ gives you:
Physical reward of that level + Soundtrack(25$ reward) + A Digital copy of the film (15$ reward) + Proof of concept short film (10$ Reward) + Thank you (1$ reward)

Personally any film with Sean Bean is something I would love to see.

Vorak
Remains Silent

Post by Vorak » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:02 pm

Its already reached its funding goal but there are still a few days left on the Erfworld Kickstarter to fund the print run of book 2 and to hire an artist for book 3.

I just wish it was an option to get the old joint Goblins/Erfworld/OotS T-shirt for a pledge :D

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master
UStream Username: Theonewhoisodd

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Thu May 01, 2014 4:27 pm

Dear lord! Just when I thought I was free of spending all my money on Kickstarters I found this thread. Can we also have a thread to showcase kick starters that we think are absolutely horrible?
My Kickstarter

"There is no such thing as overkill, there's kill and there's gravy." -Kurik

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri May 02, 2014 4:31 am

Oh, hey! Welcome back, Odd. :)

Kickstarter panning thread? Could be fun, but could also get kind of mean-spirited. But hey, one man's Kickstarter trash could be someone else's treasure...

► Show Spoiler