The Awesomesword Wanes (COMPLETED)

For all games that are now over.
LoneStarNorth
Former Mod
UStream Username: LoneStarNorth

The Awesomesword Wanes (COMPLETED)

Post by LoneStarNorth » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:00 pm

EPILOGUE 1:

Thinks Twice, as Clan Teller, takes The Awesomesword in hand and raises it towards the Essence Of Awesome. The legendary blade begins to react as it draws nearer and nearer toÔÇö

"WAIT!!"

"Okay, carry on."

Thinks Twice plunges The Awesomesword into the sphere of unstable Awesome energies. The blade begins to absorb the Essence Of Awesome, regaining its former lustre, and sending waves of magic cascading throughout the dungeon!

The energy wave collides with and passes through the Clan Fourem Goblins. It seems to have no effect on them at all.

The same cannot be said of the non-Goblin members of the group. Each begins to undergo an incredible transmutation.

The Skull Crab has become an enormous Stone Crab! This beast's thid carapace is nigh impenetrable. Having taken residence within the fossilized skull of an ancient giant, no known attack can harm it!

The Homunculus has become a mighty Homunculus Titan! With a greater muscle mass than even the strongest of ogres and complete immunity to fatigue, few creatures can match it in raw destructive power!

The Stirge has become an elegant Stirge Drake! No longer a mere parasite, but a swift and deadly predator, no beast of the land OR sky can outmaneuver it.

Pistachio the Kobold, first of your allies met within the dungeon, undergoes the most incredible transformation of all.

He becomes...

My God.

HE BECOMES...

...Pistachio the Kobold.

Apparently he can't actually get any more powerful than he already is. He's hit his ceiling.

Thankfully the pets remain loyal friends and companions, and Clan Fourem's departure from the dungeon is uneventful. At long last they reemerge into daylight, two Goblins short but their mission completed. The Awesomesword has regained its full power... and then some! However, with its restoration to its original state, the carved messages from the Clan's legendary founder, Master A Dungeon, have been completely erased. Oh well. Perhaps it's time for the Awesomesword to carve a new legend.

With these thoughts in mind, the Goblins return home.

THE AWESOMESWORD
Atk +12. 20% chance to kill an enemy outright.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: The Awesomesword Wanes (COMPLETED)

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:30 pm

► Show Spoiler

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles
UStream Username: Zathyr

Post by Zathyr » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:37 pm

Aw man, I knew I should've expended that staff to get an elemental! Think of how elementaly it could've gotten!
Image And always make sure your dragons are happy little dragons.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:58 pm

Thanks LSN and players. It was fun to watch.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:00 pm

Totally awesome! I love the picture of Halley completely dwarfing Climbs while he hugs him. :D

Oh, and who is riding Climbs in the last panel?

ChroniclerC
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by ChroniclerC » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Obligatory questions!
Any pets or polymorphs the party missed out on?
What of the Red Dragonling?
Anything that the party missed out on that you would liked to have seen them deal with?

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Martin: I believe that is Listens. Note the yellow eye outline.

Also, I love how most of the party don't even seem to be goblins anymore. :-P

mnementh
Former Mod

Post by mnementh » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:08 pm

moo.

mnem
Also, arf.

vidius
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by vidius » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:35 pm

squee.

LSN always makes me happy
"Winter is coming"

Arles
Game Master
UStream Username: sir_arles

Post by Arles » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:39 pm

Great game, great epilogue.

Good job, guys!

SuperFiver
Remains Silent

Post by SuperFiver » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:27 pm

Glad to finally see the light.
Good game guys.

Lonestar: what did the other silver mask do?

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:27 am

I love it how Sarge makes Thinks wait for him to resurrect Skully first, and how miffed Thinks looks for it. :D I also love that Don't has an airborne pet he can ride, that ROCKS! (I wonder if I should rename him Malcolm... :mrgreen: )

I also love ho Pistachio, never mind all his awesomeness, still has trouble keeping up with the rest of the gang. :lol:

I would like to know what the chest riddle was all about and what would have been the reward for solving it.
Also, I'd like to know if there would have been any possibility to resurrect any fallen goblins. (RIP, Dungeon Keeper and Cursed Armor) and what their (and any other missed out on) secret destinies were.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

ThinkingOfNames
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by ThinkingOfNames » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:25 am

LSN: You just made my day. It had been long enough that I wasn't expecting the interruption to be for Skully, but I am really glad it was. Pet are proven to improve the living quality of Old Senile Goblins, Sarge gonna need Skully. The Fact that she is near invincible is a plus, no way he can hurt her accidentally now.

Looking forward to the rest of the Epilogues.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:04 am

LSN
I must say, i envy you your sense of form, color and proportions
...That said...

...I Loved this game, I watched it for a long time, great going, and great ending.
-Best regards LAYF

LoneStarNorth
Former Mod

Post by LoneStarNorth » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:04 pm

Some questions answered to tide you over until I finish Epilogue 2.
ChroniclerC wrote:Any pets or polymorphs the party missed out on?
Nope.
ChroniclerC wrote:What of the Red Dragonling?
What of him?
ChroniclerC wrote:Anything that the party missed out on that you would liked to have seen them deal with?
You decided not to get the fourth key, which I made that whole chest puzzle for. What you had to do was open chests to see what was in them, then figure out which two are the correct ones. Entering those coordinates would open the door. There was lots of different stuff in them; magic weapons, potions, rings, several traps... but the correct ones were the two EMPTY chests. Because that quarter of the dungeon was AIR themed, get it?

You guys tried to do it backwards (using coordinates to make the chests open; they weren't locked!) then decided to just fight hte boss. A little disappointing after I came up with things to go in every one of those chests.
SuperFiver wrote:Lonestar: what did the other silver mask do?
It was another Mask Of Relentlessness, the same as Hides had on. Which was not ACTUALY a cursed item, it just makes you really hate thieves.
GathersIngredients wrote:Also, I'd like to know if there would have been any possibility to resurrect any fallen goblins. (RIP, Dungeon Keeper and Cursed Armor)
Nope.
GathersIngredients wrote:and what their (and any other missed out on) secret destinies were.
Dungeon Keeper's destiny would be fulfilled automatically once every room of the dungeon had been explored (except for the very final treasure room).
Thinks Twice had to put on the Circlet Of Treachery, which causes him to be possessed by it. And so he thinks twice every turn, get it?
Wears A Cursed Armour had to "wear" an Awesomefist. As in get punched by it.
Fights A Losing Battle had to attack a monster with all its stats higher than his by himself. He was SO CLOSE to getting this on when he attacked that Mimic early on, but after that he always had really good stats so he never got this one.

ChroniclerC
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by ChroniclerC » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:20 pm

LoneStarNorth wrote:Some questions answered to tide you over until I finish Epilogue 2.
ChroniclerC wrote:What of the Red Dragonling?
What of him?
Could he(she?) have been a pet if you were able to ditch the imp (and if so, what would it have been like)? Would they have had to fight it had a goblin not been there when it hatched? Is it going to live a horribly confused life now, thinking it's an imp?

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles

Post by Zathyr » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:06 pm

What exactly were the conditions for Wanders Off's destiny? I know I achieved it but I wasn't exactly sure what the trigger was - time or distance or direction or what. Also was the Remove Curse part of secret destinies always planned, or did you decide to throw us a bone with that one?

Also, what was the deal with the clock turning black?

ThinkingOfNames
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by ThinkingOfNames » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:40 pm

LoneStarNorth wrote:[...]
You decided not to get the fourth key, which I made that whole chest puzzle for. What you had to do was open chests to see what was in them, then figure out which two are the correct ones. Entering those coordinates would open the door. There was lots of different stuff in them; magic weapons, potions, rings, several traps... but the correct ones were the two EMPTY chests. Because that quarter of the dungeon was AIR themed, get it?

You guys tried to do it backwards (using coordinates to make the chests open; they weren't locked!) then decided to just fight hte boss. A little disappointing after I came up with things to go in every one of those chests.
[...]
I knew we forgot to try something...

sonic3535
Remains Silent

Post by sonic3535 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:06 pm

Amazing! Thanks to all involved for a wonderful game to watch. :)

SuperFiver
Remains Silent

Post by SuperFiver » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:47 pm

What would of happened if we let the skull clock tick all the way down again?

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:16 am

Thanks for answering all those questions, LSN. I got some more. ;)
LoneStarNorth wrote:You decided not to get the fourth key, which I made that whole chest puzzle for. What you had to do was open chests to see what was in them, then figure out which two are the correct ones. Entering those coordinates would open the door. There was lots of different stuff in them; magic weapons, potions, rings, several traps... but the correct ones were the two EMPTY chests. Because that quarter of the dungeon was AIR themed, get it?

You guys tried to do it backwards (using coordinates to make the chests open; they weren't locked!) then decided to just fight the boss. A little disappointing after I came up with things to go in every one of those chests.
Ok, then, what was in those chests, and could we have taken it with us?

Also, back to the Red Dragonling: If he could have been a pet, what would HE have turned into when the other pets got morphed?
What would have the elemental summoned by the staff have had as stats, and would they be morphed, too?

What would have happened if we kept on giving imp essences to the dabbler imp?

Would anything special have happened if we got the last key and unlocked the last door to the room with the awesome essence? (Except that we probably would have had ladders on that side, too, so we could have used all the platforms more easily...)
Also, how did the keys work? I didn't quite understand how limited movement got because of them. I think one of us tried to pick it up in one round and pass it along to the next goblin and that didn't work out. He couldn't move with the key in the same turn either. (But my memory could be fuzzy.)

What was the condition for the robot owlbears to become active? (I assume it might have something to do with taking the key...)
What was in their respective chests and did we get it? (I forgot. And I can't look it up. Stupid forum eradication!)
What was the deal with the blackened skull heaps? Where they just there to tell us those creatures are really REALLY dangerous?

What was the deal in the ROPE room? What would have happened, if we hadn't cut off all those skeletons?
How did the "ghost" monster in the dark work? (I don't remember what it was called, but it kept regenerating and retreating into another part of the room, and when we killed it, it gave use the shroud.)

Was there any corpse we missed out on our dungeon crawl, that would have had something useful to say with those speak with the dead potions? If so, which one(s) and what would they have told us?

Would it have been possible to kill the purple worm without using the walls (and without a crit from the awesome sword)?

How exactly does the wizard's hat improve the various wands?

If we had paid the orc from the bridge and then killed him on the other side, would he have cut the bridge, too?
Would the adventurers have made the bridge unusable, if we didn't beat them to it?
Also, what loot didn't we get, because of the adventurers?

I'm assuming if any goblin had fallen into the lava without it being cooled down by the water, they would have been insta-dead?
What would have happened, if we pulled the lever to let the water out WITH the kraken still in it (if that was possible at all)?

What were the stats of the "transformer kobold"? :grin:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles

Post by Zathyr » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:32 am

GathersIngredients wrote: Also, how did the keys work? I didn't quite understand how limited movement got because of them. I think one of us tried to pick it up in one round and pass it along to the next goblin and that didn't work out. He couldn't move with the key in the same turn either. (But my memory could be fuzzy.)
That one I should be able to answer, if memory serves. The reason the relay didn't work was because picking up the key and dropping the key were actions. And ... it was too big to be handed off directly? That or passing it would be an action for both goblins, which is functionally equivalent to setting it down anyway. With only one action per round, someone couldn't pick it up, move, and drop it in the same round. They couldn't even pick it up and set it right back down.

ThinkingOfNames
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by ThinkingOfNames » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:13 pm

Zathyr wrote:[...]

That one I should be able to answer, if memory serves. The reason the relay didn't work was because picking up the key and dropping the key were actions. And ... it was too big to be handed off directly? That or passing it would be an action for both goblins, which is functionally equivalent to setting it down anyway. With only one action per round, someone couldn't pick it up, move, and drop it in the same round. They couldn't even pick it up and set it right back down.
As I recall that was it, yes.

LoneStarNorth
Former Mod

Post by LoneStarNorth » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:01 pm

EPILOGUE 2:

Wanders Off began patrolling the mountains surrounding Clan Fourem's home valley with his Power Armour. Using his drill hands, he was able to cause avalanches to block the less defensible passes leading in, as well as to bury many an inquisitive adventurer. He would spend many weeks at a time in the mountains; at first it was thought that he was simply very dedicated to his job, but it was later confirmed that he just couldn't find the way home. One day he went for a bathroom break and was never seen again.

Hides His Face became guardian of the many treasures and magic items that Clan Fourem eventually amassed. No youngling would ever again try to sip a potion having once been caught and suffering one of Hides' epic scoldings on the subject of thievery. When it came to light that he spent the long night watches whispering quietly with his Mask, many in the Clan began to question his mental health. The Mask continued to guard the vault long after Hides passed away.

Listens Well felt certain that there must be some way to reliably resurrect Goblins who fell in battle. He used his mimicry abilities to infiltrate many human cities and colleges. He was captured several times, but always managed to escape. Although he never learned the secret of resurrection, he was able to teach his Clanmates much about human behaviour. Other Goblins eventually took to spying on humans as well. Listens' greatest achievement, besides his part in retsoring the Awesomesword, was in teaching his people the use of toilet paper.

Don't Remembers Anything took a interest in non-Teller spellcasting. Through study of various wands, potions, and staves recovered from adventurers, he made great headway in understanding latent magical abilities. After many years he learned that some Goblins possessed innate sorcerous talents, and a new Clan role was christened: the Channeler. He also learned how to build copies of his legendary Water Gun, leading to annual waterfights involving everyone in the Clan.

Climbs Trees became the greatest Worg trainer the Clan had ever known. His ability to transform into a canine himself gave him unmatched insights into the beasts' mindsets. Otherwise his life after the dungeon was fairly uneventful, except for a brief court battle where an Imp sued him for child support. The case was thrown out of court when the child in question ate the judge and burned the courthouse to the ground.

Unfortunately, Sarge's senility only got worse as time went on. During times of peace he spent most of his time wandering aimlessly about the village, grouching at any younger Goblin that crossed his path. During attacks, however, his clarity of mind would always return immediately. He was able to lead warriors into battle long past the age when most Goblins would be helpless and bedridden. Most notably, he was able to rise from his deathbed after three days of delirium, slaying three adventurers. Only after the final invader fell did Sarge himself lay down to die.

Fights A Losing Battle became uncharacteristically aggressive. He seldom if ever removed his Owlbear Suit and developed a bit of an addiction to Potions Of Rage. He took to wandering the woods of the valley on his own, living independently from the Clan. However, he jumped at any opportunity to leave the valley and fight humans, such as rescuing captured Goblins ,or tracking (and slaughtering) nosey adventuring parties. There was talk that he might have to be banished, lest he break the Clan law forbidding Goblins to attack one another, but before anything could come of it he left the valley looking for Wanders Off. He never returned.

Thinks Twice returned the Awesomesword to Clan Fourem, as was his duty. He then resigned as Teller, swore of healing, told the Clan elders where they could stick their laws, and went on a permanent vacation to a beachhouse he singlehandedly "liberated" from a couple of humans.

A leper colony was established on that same beach six months later.

Pistachio integrated into Clan Fourem. He used his innate tunneling abilities to dig new homes and storerooms out of the mountains. He never took another point of damage as long as he lived.

The three pets that returned with the Clan Fourem warriors continued to serve loyally. Exactly one year after the warriors' return, all three of the pets vanished without a trace.

► Show Spoiler

ThinkingOfNames
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by ThinkingOfNames » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:44 pm

"Did they really think dying of old age would stop me from doing my duty?" *Collapses*

Once again you made my day, LSN.

Also: "SKULLLYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!"

That had to be the last blow to Sarge's sanity...