Goblins Minesweepers - Character Recreation

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: Goblins Minesweepers - Rearmed

Post by WearsHats » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:34 am

You don't have a skill yet. You need to level up. You earn two skill tokens per level (you'll be presented with four to choose from). You can only equip tokens while off the map. You may trade tokens with other players. You can, in place of a token, level up an existing skill. But, in order to do that, you first have to "lock down" that particular skill (so you can't swap it out or trade it away).
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:25 am

I just had a thought. If one levels up, can they take a new skill, lock it and level it up at once?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:32 am

Oh, thanks wears, and i apologize for my lack of knowing....perhaps one day...

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:50 am

Perhaps one day you would have found a thread with rules. But (un)fortunately I decided to find it for you.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:20 am

unfortunately? i would thank you but clearly i should tell you where to stick it instead....since today is opposite day :D

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:50 am

gamecreator wrote:I just had a thought. If one levels up, can they take a new skill, lock it and level it up at once?
I see nothing against it. If you already know the skills and which route you want to upgrade them, you can save time with that. The only thing that might be against this is what if you find a skill token later you would have wanted to lock down more, but now you don't have the space? OR you players discover a new game mechanic which suddenly makes you feel you should have taken another skill? Ah, the possibilities... >:D
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:51 pm

Stumbles buys a jacket (3 gold) and a sword (6 gold, sum 9 gold) and switches out visions (inactive -> active) for greed.

Isn't there a shovel or something in the shop? Might be useful if we have to dig around a lot. ^^

Also,any estimate how big the map is going to be, yet? *curious is*
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:16 pm

Wears, did you notice my offer to loan you a gold for the detector? :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:20 pm

GathersIngredients wrote: Isn't there a shovel or something in the shop? Might be useful if we have to dig around a lot. ^^

Also,any estimate how big the map is going to be, yet? *curious is*
No, you don't need a "shovel" item for digging, it's an available action for everyone. (Let's just assume you can dig by default. It's easier than keeping account of every item possibilities, and you might get some unwanted ideas to use that shovel for something else.)

The map will be of four parts, and you start in one quarter. It will be about 10 x 12 (as a minimum, but likely bigger), but it is yet to change, as I'm still playing around with the layout and map items to see how much playable area remains but still looks okay, and so on.

Yeah, I know preparing a map takes long (I just don't want a bad map), but it will be smooth afterwards.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:07 am

Theis2 wrote:Wears, did you notice my offer to loan you a gold for the detector? :P
No, I totally missed that! Thanks!

I'll pay you back as soon as I can. And owe you a favor.

And I'll buy a detector! My precious!
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:57 am

I will continue with Flags fuses.

I already started to think about running this game as I liked it very much, if one of my own ones would be finished. But as none of them is anywhere close to that, good to see you run it again. :D
:zzz:

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:57 pm

Recruitment ended already? Darn! Is there any way to bribe my way into this game? *No-Legs pouts pathetically*

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:57 am

Zigit wrote:Recruitment ended already? Darn! Is there any way to bribe my way into this game? *No-Legs pouts pathetically*
Interest duly noted. Feel free to join in the next map! :)

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:21 pm

Can i still get in on a waiting list for the next game?

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:32 am

Just make a character.

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:50 pm

. .
. . .

EPIC MEGA NECRO B.M.U.P.

So, considering that I am alive, and I assume some of the former players hang still here, I have to ask:

What shall happen to the original mine sweeping?

The game got cancelled because [reasons noone cares], but that does not mean I still don't have the parts, including everyone's progress, the current map and future plans.

One thing is certain: I cannot make more than one update a week currently, and that will be weekends. I - personally - think that minesweeping should be a fast pacing game, and it would be a rather inferior experience to play it by one post a week. Nevertheless, the game has depth (you have characters, skills, equipment, etc.), so maybe I could extend the game to more of a role-playing game, where the map is actually only the background?

- I can make quick updates if the game is text-based during the week, and can bring a graphical update during the weekend when you guys actually move around. It would be a lot different from the current game, imho, it might not even have the same appeal.

- Alternatively, I could keep the original update style, only without images, and one picture at the end of the week. So basically, you will have to play semi-blind during the week, and there would be an image posted at the weekend to catch up. This solution could keep the pace at a satisfactory level, however it will be a quite probable source of mistakes made on everyone's part, which could accumulate until the visual feedback at the end of the week.

- Even more alternatively, we could change the game entirely? I have several game ideas that are based on a modular skill system, so it would not take much tweaking to "export" your characters to different adventures? Who knows, some of those might even include a classic mine sweeping map. :paranoia:

I'm genuinely interested in everyone's opinion who's ever played and/or still wants to play, so please post! If you say "screw it, I like Nerre's game more, because it's shiny and fast", I totally accept that too, since that is indeed the case. Tbh, I'd even rejoin it if I had more time. (As I think posting randomly once or twice every week would be a burden for the other players, I'd rather not do it atm...)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Goblins Minesweepers - Where Have All The Flagpoles Gone

Post by WearsHats » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:52 pm

I'd be interested in playing again. Reasonably fast paced would be good, but I could deal with slower. I personally would not do as well without some image to work from, but would be fine with a simple text grid and the occasional color sprite update just for seasoning.

► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:19 pm

I'm highly interested in ... well, ANY form you'd bring the game back.
I've grown quite fond of Stumbles and I'd love to play him again.

I wouldn't mind the weekend updates. Or daily text updates, and I keep track of it on my own map. Or... what ever other ideas you might have. :bomb:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:36 pm

I would also like to continue. I'm ok with either weekend updates or text updates.

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:29 pm

I'm ok with either weekends only or the roleplaying option, if it's not too much trouble for you...

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:34 pm

I would like to play again, and I don't mind any of the options, I think the half blind during the week might add some chaos/explosions as when you started the game.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:00 pm

I don't do well in roleplaying genre. Aside from that, anything is acceptable. I can even provide schematic maps for text updates so people would have idea what is going on (like Gathers, I tend to have my own "extended" map; might make the second one as well).

Also not many people seem to like Nerre's game, there are only three of us playing despite all free spots available.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:49 pm

I want to rejoin with my old char if possible. :)

(Flags Fuses, I think he was light green..or orange?)
:zzz:

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:19 am

So, that's 7 players for a restart, I guess that would work well.

Now, if you manage to make visuals for the maps for yourselves, that would certainly be a help.

One thing: I don't know how my december will be, but if I am at home, I won't have internet, and I definitely wouldn't restart a game only to pause it for about a month again.

Still, the last adventure has some pretty neat stuff at the end (spoiler, it's not what you got so far), so what I could (should) still do is to finish that last map properly. The only problem is, not everyone from that map is around afaik, but I could remove them and place you in? (I'm looking at you Zigit, I think you missed the entry into the start of it, but could still make it to the end/restart... :D )

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:19 pm

Oh, I'd like to join, please.