Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Ruined Kingdom: All is rubble

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:16 am

Psychotic, your actions are again set to ruin the kingdom...

(are we done with our actions or are there still orders to give?)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:22 am

PSychotic wrote:Magister, I need you to make one pool of real gold and a pool of acidic gold. I'll be installing a pool of real gold for you in your quarters because you've been doing such an awesome job. The acidic gold will be the basis for this new trap idea I got yesterday.

Dragonknight, make sure that the Magister's pool is filled with acidic gold. I need a good laugh and the Magister needs to lighten up.
How about we don't do that, yea?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Magister: Improve your labs and start making gold. Sooner or later we will need to start paying our armies as well as that mercenary...
... I woud vote just having the magister use the 1 major purchacha to upgrade his stuff. and making as much gold as possible asap. This will probably be more valuable then the acidic stuff (were not under atack) and were to weak to start fooling people with fake gold and it will likely backfire and give us a bad rep.

The Magister seems pleased as he hears you grant him the funds to do some significant upgrades to his laboratory. He seems significantly less pleased that he would have to spend an entire season transmuting gold.

"Very well my Lord" he says with a sigh, quickly followed by a cough which escalates into a fit. As he recovers he briefly addresses you again. "I will spend another season transmuting gold, as I do realize it's current importance. That being said, I do hope you will find another source of income soon my Lord." From the tone he finishes the sentence with, your not sure if it's supposed to be an request... Or a threat.

>The Magister will spend a season transmuting gold.
Mercenary: Bring me your general, and I will pay you to clear the entrance / exit tunnel. It is time I had a proper lair again and not this pile of crumbling rubble.
Clear my lair and rebuild the walls and columns so that they will once again support the ceiling and bring me this general. I would like you to start this immediately, when you are complete i will pay the price of two major purchases, one for the clearing and one for the general.
Take no loan

Surprisingly enough, the Mercenary seems excited- Regardless of the fact you asked more of him, and request of him to only pay once he is done.
"Aha, very well Freyahl! Now, I do not usually seen allow my services to only be paid afterwards... But ah, I do believe you are a, well, dragon of honest words! So if you say that my money shall await me once my men finish the job, I shall wait upon that time. After all, I believe that after you have seen my men at work, you won't ever doubt again you are getting more than you pay for!" He says with an almost obnoxious smirk on his face.
"And I shall send you my general as well. I believe he shall be delighted to hear the fact you may be interested in hiring him! If you would not want him, well, I can hardly charge you the required coffer of gold... But I do believe you shall find his services useful." He says, giving a full bow with his hat, as he leaves to fetch his men.

>The Mercenary will renovate the resting chamber for one major purchase.
>The Mercenary will fetch his general.

>All members of the court have been given a task.

>Time passes...

lozlo
Speaks Quietly

Post by lozlo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:43 am

oeeeeee. I'm really curious how all of this is gonna pan out :D
I hazz egg :D

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:45 am

....Lick the mercenary. Because we still have not done this very important action yet :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:50 am

Yes you did! :P

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:52 am

How did I miss that? XD I bet the merc is going to tell people of the dragon's ...quirk but oh well! :P

....that and the layout of our place... OH WELL.

lozlo
Speaks Quietly

Post by lozlo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:19 am

no matter, next season were FREEEEEEE

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:59 am

Unless of course it's a trick to make the ceiling collapse on you...

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:31 am

>It is the 306th year after slumber.

>It is winter.

A cold downdraft rushes through the small passageway, which you hope you will soon see widen into an exit from this place- Very soon it would appear, as the Mercenary returns only a day later.

Accompanied by the mercenary is a rather short but stout guy- Seemingly all of the hair that is supposed to grow on his head grows on his face instead, as his beard has grown to adequate length, whilst his head seems to be almost bald. You would almost say he is a dwarf from legend- Though you would have expected them to be shorter. The man, unlike the mercenary who is dressed in fine robes, seems to stick with working clothes, his sleeves rolled up so high basically all of his arm is visible, showing a lot of muscle- And dirt, as if the man was afraid to wash himself. He scans through the roughhewn cavern- At times knocking the walls, or putting his ear against the ground. He does this for a few minutes, before eventually turning back to the mercenary. He leisurely waves his hand, as to indicate "do as you please." Upon those words you briefly take back a step or two as you feel the cavern rumble- Tiny bits of the ceiling coming down, as you see a small piece of it being pushed up- The dwarf making gestures as if he were physically lifting it up. The ceiling rock is pushed up about a meter, hardened- And the dwarf-like man seems to live an intricate design behind as he finishes, moving a few meters to repeat the step on a different part of the ceiling. The mercenary seemed briefly amused as you briefly believed he was bringing down the ceiling on you.

"Reinforcements your majesty! No worries- He knows what he's doing, so he won't bring the ceiling down, haha! Anyways- I shall fetch my general, shall we?" He says, deparing with haste- Later on the day returning, the dwarf slowly but steadily reworking the ceiling.

>The Mercenary has completely renovated the resting chamber.

You sit down with the man, who happily introduces himself to you. Most of the time is spent with him talking mostly about himself and his past. It seems he has been in many a war- Starting with him being a regular soldier, learning the basics of battle and strategy, but already at rather young age getting a promotion to captain, corporal... He chuckles a bit as he said that allied kingdoms would sometimes ask if he could come and teach their respective generals during their prime... And then quickly skims the part of how his kingdom fell and he ended up with the mercenary. Of which he is certainly evasive- He does seem like he enjoyed his stay with him, but that he wishes to move back to the "glorious old days". So your not sure if he just wishes to move on from that brief period, or HAS to be secretive about it.

Regardless of all that, he seems like a skilled man that loves the call of battle, judging by how deep he goes whilst telling about his previous ones. But neither is he immoral- The one exception to his story is that he doesn't go in full detail of the gore of battle, and that he did seem heartwrenched when he had to speak of battles he had lost even one of his men in. It seems as if whilst he adores battle, he dislikes the fact that sometimes, it means that there is no other option than death- Though he has long accepted that fact.

Eventually, after a short silence in which he believes there's nothing more to say, he stands up, thanks you, and says he hopes to see you again.

>The Marshal is a master tactician and warlord. He would oversee both security of the city and any potential threats from outside sources.

The Magister enters, nearing the end of the season. The longbearded man had by this time done an absolutely splendid job- The resting chamber, originally just a roughly hewn cave with a few pillars for minor decoration, had been turned into what could just as well have been the royal ball room- The ceiling had been raised at least a meter, an intricate design spread all over it, all coming together in the middle of the room, shaped into an dome form besides the varying heights it was first. He had done the same with the walls, making the room far larger then it was before. While he did so slowly, it was still a lot faster then a whole group of men could do at his own- And a lot better too. You'd almost feel guilty for paying only one major purchase for the work done... The Mercenary had send him to work on the actual passage a while ago- It seemed like he wanted to further decorate the hall first, but the mercenary send him there to assure your freedom at "earliest convenience". Your not sure how far he's gotten since he started on the top, but supposedly it cannot be far longer...

"I did as you wished my Lord." The Magister speaks up. "I think you'll be glad to know that with my new equipment I was far more successful in my transmutation efforts. It was... Boring to say the least, but I ended up with triple the amount I had achieved previously my lord. I do hope this will be enough to settle your needs for now."

>The Magister has created gold enough for three major purchases.
>The Magisters patience has decreased.
>The Magisters patience is now ordinary.

The Dragonknight was training her men- With help of the Dunwall family, she had amassed a small force of warriors. The Dunwall had been slightly hesitant at first, but eventually co-operated better then she could have expected- Helping her in training and recruiting. They of course expected something in return, even if it were to be approval of their work- But that she would simply report to her Lord. She said her goodbyes, leaving the men in temporary care of the family so she could report to him.

But ended up not needing to- As instead you came to her.

Releasing a proud roar, and finally flying (a little bit clumsy, as your wings had gotten slightly stiff) over the city. Your happy to finally be free, flying. The populace looks towards the sky, in awe. That you are happy to see- Less so to see the state your city is in. Most buildings lay in complete ruins. Some primitively built buildings lined the streets- The temporary shelter the artisan had arranged. But most if not all else was either completely destroyed or damaged in some form. Even the castle, which you had once believed to be so strong, had been reduced to at least half it's height it used to be. But now your free- So it will become time to make a change to that.

>The Dragonknight has trained 3 units of common troops. (Now having 4 troops in total)
>The Dragonknights patience remains elevated.

You return to the entrance way to your resting place- Finding that the man, even after having finishing his worked had not been sitting still, further decorating the entrance with now, a dragon-like head sticking out above the doorway. The Mercenary awaits you- He bows, saying he'll expect his gold shortly. He leaves as you move back to the place you've spent so long to see the work the Artisan has done- Not being able to resist the urge to build at least something, and wanting to take use of the now rather impressive hall, he has built a small tribune- It's purpose to seat the representatives of the families, the diplomatic decision of which family should have one of their members become regent. About 20 families show up with a representative, including the Libera family. In the end though, the votes seem to go mainly in the direction of the four bigger families. Eventually, with a small surplus of votes from the others... The Gilden family comes out on top. As was likely to be expected, the Libera family got none.

>The artisan arranged the appointment of a regent.

The regent proudly walks up, bowing before you, happy to have been given this position. The nobility seems generally pleased- Some less then others, especially the Etrange family, but a sense of diplomacy makes it so the general reaction is applause.

"Thank you families for your trust in mine. I will gladly take the title of regent upon myself... And on that note, will adress the priorities I and my family should address." He says, turning to you-

"Beginning by the fact we should make sure our people are pleased. Currently they are in unrest, a situation we should hardly try to keep..."

"And, once we have settled their unrest, I suppose that after we get the most basic facilities running once more, we should seek to restore trade. An kingdom is more often then not judged by the strength of their trade after all! If they see our trade flourishing, they will more often then not assume we are standing on steady ground."

"Now, my family has already developed a 5 year plan which I will no-"

The regent gets interrupted as the dragonknight comes storming down from the hallway- Quickly kneeling before you as she speaks with haste.

"My lord, the villagers have heard of the voting that has happened- They claim that their demands are being ignored only to settle the nobility's wishes, demanding that the Libera family be made regent- I believe they may even have been further provoked by some of the tribes. They are marching for us as we speak my lord. I have put the men on guard at the entrance."

"This is bullshit!" One of the nobles shout- "The Libera ain't nobility! What in Ragnarok's name are they even doing here!"

"I agree!" shouts another one- "I propose a vote to have them removed from these seats and back with the common rabble!"

The nobility all shout their agreements to the proposal, besides ofcourse the Libera family itself- From up above, you can hear the yowling of the townsfolk...

>The regent is a spokesperson to the people, it's main purpose to make sure the population has their needs cared for and they are content. As you have chosen a member of the Gilden family, they also receive bonuses to anyting relating to trades.
>The regent's patience is ordinary.

>The city lays in ruins!
=>The city has been provided with shelter.
=>Key structures remain ruined.
=>The castle is in state of disrepair.
>Rhenovia has claimed part of your land!

>The people are in open revolt!

>The mercenary is available.
>The Dragonknight is available.
>The Magister is available.
>The Artisan is available.
>The Regent is available

► Show Spoiler

Alavar
Enjoys Chitchat

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Free at last

Post by Alavar » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:02 am

I have always wanted to try this "democracy" idea :classy:

Of important note, I lick the Regent first. When that issue is cleared out of my mind....
Dragonknight, watch my back, please.
I fly above the common rabble making show of roaring and throwing fire just centimeters above their heads, just to show what I could do to them if they wouldn't stop... And then I give a proposition...(conveniently placing myself on a building above the rabble)

"Choose (appropriate ammount - few dozens maybe) most representative individuals from your crowd. Nobles will have the same ammount of votes, and church will get a few. From now on, all decisions you would make. Regent will keep his place as head of your assembly, and envoy between you and me. And he will be the one chosen by nobles... for now. Mine will be finishing voice, as it should always be.

I will propably rewrite it in better way :P
Last edited by Alavar on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:35 am, edited 8 times in total.
Please keep in mind any health advice should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm not 'very' experienced (yet :P)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:05 am

Magister: Why don't you have a bit of fun with the revolting people?

Regent: First a more important matter is at hand! *lick*

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:13 am

Maybe you can do some Psychological manipulation and give Libera family a title that hold no importent but clam down the mass. It just like when Boss promoting an employee to a job that doesnt do anything other then satisfied their demands.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:25 am

Mercenary, your money is here for you. Is it possible for you to help me rebuild any buildings in my Capital?
Marshall, I realize that war is a necessary evil. Could you help my dragonknight rebuild my army and help her create a cadre of rangers to scout the lands and keep the peace/
Dragonknight, would the soldiers be able to become members of the Claw?
Magister, Thank you for spending your valuable time creating me gold. I have grown tired of these tribes, can you please destroy one of them to put the others in line.
Artisan, my thanks to you for playing messenger. Now i have another task for you, begin rebuilding the city walls.
Regent, I see you are already failing at your job to keep the people calm. Thus I am making a temporary decision. House Libera will serve as regent until peace is restored. If there is a problem with this decision, then you can take it up with me personally.

PSychotic
Of Few Words

Post by PSychotic » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:26 pm

"REEEBIRTH!" I shout as I devour the Gilden regent whole. Burping a toasty fire out, I turn to the Libera head and mightily bellow, "You are the new regent, the face for our REBOOORN government! You shall help guide this nation back to GREATNESS! Serve me well, Libera! NO! Serve our country well!"

And then I fly off, shouting "REBIIIIIRTH!" and imbuing the citizens with the ultimate present- awesomeness. I then go and get involved in some shenanigans for a season and return to the throne a changed dragon.

egreham
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by egreham » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:31 pm

Get Magister and Dragonknight
"Magister, it comes to attention that you have worked under ... unstimulated conditions. I am sending you with Dragon Knight to ... "control" the revolt. I give you permission to use any means, except those that will lead to actual harms. I'm pretty sure your imagination can accommodate for incorporeal illusions. *chuckle* My only regret is that I'll be too busy for such entertainment dealing with business here."
"Dragonknight, make sure Magister does not go out of bounds, and with him bring your army and see to it that they get this one message clear: I do not and will not tolerate revolts. Order shall prevail."

Turns to the nobles.
"What is a country that exists only to serve its nobles? What are you, noble, without its "common rabble"? A noble over nothing. A meaningless title that childishly holds dominion over an abandoned kingdom that nothing cares about.
If you seek to feel superior over a people, you are welcome to do so. However, if your lust for pride and power blinds you with your action, then you are most definitely guaranteed that you shall see quick, and utmost disfavor from me. Let not this very critical fact be forgotten: this is a broken, fledgling country in the eyes of others. Do you want to prove them right when we are weak by ignoring a civil unrest? I recognize that even in your self-interest, you still respect and serve me and your country. ([low, but more threateningly] or should I doubt otherwise?). Prove to me that you have the capacity for the necessary humility to see beyond your self interest, and I will see to it that each of the families be rewarded with power and resources for their effort."

Turns to the Libra, with a tone that has released most of its brooded frustration and displeasure, but with a threatening aura that further displeasure is certainly discouraged.
"I shall neither grant you the title or power of a noble, for the requirement of having such responsibility is not popular support, but merit. However, I will give you a voice, one that will have equal standing as any of these nobles. Whatever is it that concerns the common people, I shall reserve a ear. I also give you the expected responsibility of upholding the people's needs as your cause. Prove to me that you have not gotten this far in front of me by tricks and false promises to win the support of the uneducated, weak, and the desperate. I expect reports and action, and most importantly results. Serve me well and your country, then I shall see to it that you will be rewarded in aid."

"Your foremost task will be to make sure the discontent does not arise to revolt again."

Turns to Dunwell.
"I've gotten report of your honorable support in the development of our army. This has become far more significant as the incoming invasion is starting to take our lands. I commend your effort, and you will be rewarded."

To summarize:
-send Magister and Dragonknight and her army to control the immediate revolt.
-allow Magister entertain himself through use of any means, except those with actual damage and harm, to raise his patience
-intimidate + reason with the nobles that the severity of the situation does not allow petty pride and sole self serving goals.
-reason with the Libra that without merit, the title of nobility cannot be endowed. grant them direct line in which they can report the people's need.
-have Libra calm future revolts as their first task.
-praise Dunwell, consider reward options

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:55 am

what if we had two regents..

1. the regent for the nobles

2. the regent for the people.

If a conflict arises where its nobles vs the people, the people will normally win.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:42 pm

There are good suggestions here so I'm not going to put much more except to add my vote that the people must be listened to and to appoint a noble who will voice their interests.

However, they must not be allowed to tantrum and get what they want either. I vote that we go upstairs, show ourselves to the people and tell them that we stand on the brink of a new age and that we will bring a new era to the world. Then give them a nice terrifying, fiery flyby to encourage them back to work

lozlo
Speaks Quietly

Post by lozlo » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:36 am

yes! "encourage" them!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:43 am

Just a quick post to say I have tests from Tuesday- Thursday, so whilst I'll try to churn out one update during that time, it is looking unlikely. :)

However though, Psy, as your suggestions make me laugh, regardless of the fact nobody else is going to agree with them... Have a little non-canon update.

"REEEEEEEEEEEEBIIIIIIIIIIIIIRTH!" You shout, devouring the Gilden regent whole- The nobility stands in shock as you turn to the Libera representative- "You are the new REEEGEEENT, the face of our REEEEBOOORN government! You shall help guide this nation back to GREAAATNESS! Serve me well, Libera! NO! Serve our country well!"

You then rush through the passageway, flying up and away above the townsfolk, breathing fire into the sky as you shout - "REEEEBIIIIIRTH!"

The entire population anonymously decides you've gone crazy and quietly decide to move in with one of the neighboring kingdoms.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:49 pm

Become the ruler of that neighboring kingdom and repeat the process... OOCly, of course.

PSychotic
Of Few Words

Post by PSychotic » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:43 pm

That... that made me smile so much M0rt. It's everything I've ever wanted.

And Dave's right! If my unnerving charisma and insanity can bind together two foreign peoples one time, then it can do it a second time!

... Okay, so we're going to need at least three cratefuls of TNT to get it done. Please don't ask what they're for guys as it will only ruin the surprise.

TBFProgrammer
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by TBFProgrammer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:05 am

Walk out to the masses, with the head of house Libra in tow. Appoint them the position "Speaker of the People" and say they shall be equal in court to the Regent, but remain a non-noble house that the people may replace at their pleasure. They are to work with the people to institute a system for determining who should represent them in the future.

Take off with the Magister to wipe out whichever tribe killed the diplomat that was sent to them.

Leave the Dragonknight, Marshal and army to be charged with protecting what remains of the city. Tell the Marshal that in this he shall prove his worth to you. Tell the Dragonknight to evaluate the performance of the Marshal in comparison to the nobles already leading the army, and do any restructuring of forces necessary to ensure a fair evaluation.

Have the Artisan draw up plans for new docks and, assuming the Speaker is able to calm the populace, organize their construction.

The Regent is to set the nobles the task of preparing for the resumption of coastal trade, chief amongst this being the construction of new ships or barges.
The Barefoot Programmer

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:53 pm

Regent, I see you are already failing at your job to keep the people calm. Thus I am making a temporary decision. House Libera will serve as regent until peace is restored. If there is a problem with this decision, then you can take it up with me personally.
"What is a country that exists only to serve its nobles? What are you, noble, without its "common rabble"? A noble over nothing. A meaningless title that childishly holds dominion over an abandoned kingdom that nothing cares about.
If you seek to feel superior over a people, you are welcome to do so. However, if your lust for pride and power blinds you with your action, then you are most definitely guaranteed that you shall see quick, and utmost disfavor from me. Let not this very critical fact be forgotten: this is a broken, fledgling country in the eyes of others. Do you want to prove them right when we are weak by ignoring a civil unrest? I recognize that even in your self-interest, you still respect and serve me and your country. ([low, but more threateningly] or should I doubt otherwise?). Prove to me that you have the capacity for the necessary humility to see beyond your self interest, and I will see to it that each of the families be rewarded with power and resources for their effort."

To Libera:
"I shall neither grant you the title or power of a noble, for the requirement of having such responsibility is not popular support, but merit. However, I will give you a voice, one that will have equal standing as any of these nobles. Whatever is it that concerns the common people, I shall reserve a ear. I also give you the expected responsibility of upholding the people's needs as your cause. Prove to me that you have not gotten this far in front of me by tricks and false promises to win the support of the uneducated, weak, and the desperate. I expect reports and action, and most importantly results. Serve me well and your country, then I shall see to it that you will be rewarded in aid."
"Your foremost task will be to make sure the discontent does not arise to revolt again."
what if we had two regents..

1. the regent for the nobles

2. the regent for the people.

The nobility breaks out in shouting of disapproval- Even the Libera family seeming to join in when the proposal of "two regents" is brought up- The Gilden regent does his best to calm them down as he turns back to you- He has to pause briefly due to another impulse of yours compelling you to lick him first, but by this time the court has pretty much grown accustomed to it as the regent regains his composure a short while later.

"With all due respect my lord, but I was literally appointed only one minute ago. I can hardly have failed a task if I had not even been given one yet. The appointment of a regent will not magically soothe the anger of the population that has been brooding for almost a year."

"That being said, yes, of course, appointing the Libera's as nobles or regents even would certainly do just that. And while I certainly do not carry a grudge for them, since they have done a great deal to earn the people's trust as they did, when it comes down to it we- All of us- Have earned our title of royalty years in the past by heritage, feats accomplished by our ancestors- Dunwall who raised the army, Etrange who forged alliances with many of the neighboring kingdoms, my own family that single-handedly brought trade here... You should know my lord! You were there! Has it occurred to you that suddenly this family appearing out of nowhere and perhaps even becoming regent could be... Insulting towards that?"

"Regardless- Even the Libera family agrees it's a terrible idea to have two regents! The very role of the regent is to stand as communication between the people and the nobility, expressing the people's concerns. Having two regents, one for the people and one for the nobility is simply useless because of this. All you would achieve is one of either having a meaningless title, and I believe that as neither the populace nor the people will be fooled by it for very long... That if you really want to have the Libera as regent you should just do so. But at this point of time, it's similar to giving a child a treat just because it keeps yelling that it wants it. Sure it'll shut them up, but is it truly what you wanted?"

The Libera representative rises - "Regardless of the decision my lord, we will do our best to help calm the populace. A revolt is, after all, good for none."

The following questions were asked after the revolt had been taken care of- One way or another:
Mercenary, your money is here for you. Is it possible for you to help me rebuild any buildings in my Capital?

"Ah... My apologies Freyahl- My artisan was very skilled, as you clearly see!" He gestures broadly at the halls. "That being said, you, ah, noticed his expertise lay in molding what was already there. Which is a lot harder to do if there is nothing to actually base himself on... That, and he is a perfectionist- I fear that a task as the restoration of a common building would be below him. If you would have something special in mind for him however."

"Anyways, to return to your question your majesty! Can we? Hah- I'm a resourceful man your majesty. We can get something arranged- For the correct price of course."

"Anyways- I assume the services of your potentially future marshall have proven worthy for you? Than I will gladly take the required payment for him as well- And as always, I look forward to future trades."

>The Mercenary has collected his payment of two major purchases.
Marshall, I realize that war is a necessary evil. Could you help my dragonknight rebuild my army and help her create a cadre of rangers to scout the lands and keep the peace/

"Ah, of course my... I suppose I shall be referring to you as my "Lord" from now on. Very well my Lord. I have heard tales of your order, and mostly good things I assure you. It will be my pleasure to work beside her."

>The marshall may work with the Dragonknight to secure the peace within the land.
Have the Artisan draw up plans for new docks and, assuming the Speaker is able to calm the populace, organize their construction.

"Very well my lord." The Artisan says, briefly pausing as he seems to expect you to do something... Eventually realizing you're not going to lick him this time, he bids his farewell, assuring you the job will be done.

>The Artisan will work on restoring the docks.
Dragonknight, would the soldiers be able to become members of the Claw?

"No, my lord. They are man of willing nature, and while they are certainly not unskilled... They lack the basic capabilities a Claw should exhibit. I could teach them the very basics a claw should exhibit, but this alone would not prove enough to become a full fledged member of the claw. It wlould vastly improve their capabilities in combat, however. But it is an intensive training. I believe it will take an entire season for me to teach them all they would be capable of handling."

>The Dragonknight may train one unit of common troops to elite troops.

>All court members but the artisan are available.
>There is one major purchase remaining.

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:08 pm

"Regent, I grow tired of these talks of political matters. I do not care how results are made nor your excuses. Surely two measly morsels will be able to cooperate with each other. I know of not which family came first on this land, nor do I see any reason to care."

...What happened to the magey guy?