The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:28 am

((I completely missed that, yes!))

"Yes. We would like to discuss your identification of the item. We know how to activate it already, which I can show you, but we would like to know what else it is capable of doing. We don't have a great deal of coin, but I have gems to trade for your services if that is acceptable?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:00 pm

Ulmwin appears more than interested with the case, trying out the hidden latch system at least once himself, giving a more than reassured nod at it. He finishes up his little song, and does the final couple minute adjustments to the tuning... Before gladly packing the lute away now in it's brand new protective case.

"Got to say, more than an impressive piece of work. Should I ever find myself again in this region, I know who to visit for work!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:04 am

The passersby look at Zokk in confusion before hurrying about their day.

"Ah yes, very good. Gems would certainly be acceptable.", he says, rubbing his hands together, "I'm sure that the means to activate it will come up in our investigation of the item's other properties. I believe we discussed 20 gold plus three gold per hour. As long as you have enough to cover final expenses, a deposit of 10 gold now would suffice."

The craftsman smiles as he watches you exploring and admiring his work, giving you a nod as you pack your lute away.

"I'm glad that it is to your liking! Should anyone else in your travels like my work, feel free to send them my way!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:56 am

Zokk’s leaves drop slightly as the passerby runs off. They decide not to disturb anyone else and just wait patiently.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:57 am

Nem nods, and offers 10 GP worth of gems.

"I will return at sunrise. I assume I can count on your discretion and care in this matter? This item is extremely valuable to my employer, and he would be most displeased were anything to happen to it."

Assuming the wizard agrees, Nem will hand over the orb and take her leave.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:00 am

An old woman totters up, leaning on a cane and has a seat on a nearby bench under Zokk's branches. She doesn't seem to have realized that the tree wasn't there yesterday, as she sighs and massages her knee.

"Indeed.", he says as he slides a felt lined tray across the desk for you to place the orb and gems on.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:17 am

Randy wanders out of the store, looks on with some amusement. "You may have a future in landscape design, Zokk. Do you and Gordon want to wait here in case the store owner needs you for measurements? I was thinking of going back to the inn to get the lance and bringing it back here to study while we wait. I admit I'm starting to get curious about it."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:24 am

"Hmmm? I'm sorry, what are you asking me young man?", the old woman looks to Randy in confusion, noticing the sleeping Gordon.

"Oh, my apologies." She turns back to her watching of the folks passing on the street.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:58 am

Nem places the items on the tray.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:00 am

Zokk gives a little chirp. ”Dooo yooouuu thiiink soooo? I doooo nooot miiiind waaaaiiitiiing heeeereeee.”

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:38 am

Ulmwin nods, agreeing- Figuring he need not be pedantic pointing out he likely wouldn't be in this specific area for long enough to do anything of the sorts... But who knows what the future may hold? He bids his goodbye, glad to have his love back, seeing if he can track down Randy still... Who knows what Gordon might be up to by this point.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:35 am

He slides the tray back across the desk, a smile on his lips.

"Excellent. We'll see what we can find out.", he says as he steps around the desk and extends a hand to gesture to walk you to the front of the building.

"Oh, my! Be careful up there, you don't want to fall!", the old woman peers up into the branches for the person who must be climbing about up there.

"Ah, yes, well there is the matter of the balance on the case? Ten gold, I believe we agreed on?"

((That was 83 pages ago, but you agreed to pay for the case when you picked it up...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:57 am

(Oh, right! Yeah, Ulmwin would have borrowed the gold from Dornikal, just thought I had already paid before. I mean, IC it's not something I think Ulmwin would have forgotten, unless the mighty DM rules otherwise :paranoia: )

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:12 pm

((I mean, you were excited about your lute, botched a few performance attempts, and just got a nice new case, it'd be perfectly understandable! He's not angry about it, or thinking you're trying to duck out intentionally, just gently reminding you. Assuming you then remember and pay him, he'll thank you for your business and encourage you to stop by any time.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:18 pm

(I mean, there's the potential complication he literally wouldn't have money on him unless he got it beforehand... But I'm going to assume he wouldn't be that forgetful :paranoia: )

"Oh, of course not good sir- Just a moment." he notes, digging out the small purse he had made sure to collect earlier- Fifteen coins neatly prepared in it, five extra in case there might have been complications... One of those gets added on to the total now- A tip for good service.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:37 pm

"Thank you again! I hope that case carries your fine lute safely on all sorts of travels!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:46 pm

Insight: 1D20+2 = [5]+2 = 7

Can she get a read on that smile...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:08 pm

Zokk moves their branches so that the lady has a better look. ”Noooo ooooneeee uuup theeeereee. Ooonlyy Zooookk. Heeellooo niiiceee uuuumaaan.”

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:27 pm

Randy is smiling and ready to try to calm down any panic Zokk may precipitate. "It's okay, ma'am. It won't hurt you. In fact, it'd probably enjoy your company if you enjoy it's shade. It's new to people and would love to talk with you so it can learn more about them."

persuasion: 1D20+2 = [13]+2 = 15

(( Randy may be opening a can of worms here if she's the town gossip. :P ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:11 pm

She frowns, peering upwards.
"When I was a girl, trees knew when to stay quiet... But I suppose you're not a bad sort. Don't think I've ever met a tree proper. Do you have a name, tree?"

He's probably just excited about the chance to study a new magical item.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:35 pm

”Theeeey speeeaaak buuut maaanyyy caaan nooot beeee heeeaaard byyy friiieeends. I aaam Zoook. Heeeelloooo.”

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:42 pm

"Humph. I'm Evelyn.". She holds the back of her hand up to the tree.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:10 pm

”Heeellooo Eeeveeelyyyn.” Zokk has no idea what to do with her hand. They tilt their head branches and moves one of their hand branches and mimics how the woman has her hand.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:15 pm

She weakly grasps it. "Nice to meet you Zoook. What are you doing here?", she asks bluntly.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:19 pm

Nem frowns a little then internally shrugs and heads back outside to meet Dornikal.

"Until tomorrow then."