The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:42 am

Welcome to a world of fantasy in which....regardless of what he may have done...he's still an Orc.

I would trust a goblin to be our chef before I trusted an Orc.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:44 am

But I already named him Remy and made him the new party mascot! You can't hurt Remy!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:51 am

Don't worry, I'm sure Maji is more than willing to put the guy out of his misery.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:52 am

Maji is most likely to want to keep him for his skills. :roll:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:53 am

Guess we'll find out.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:14 am

Maji will smugle him his usual ingredients when the opportunity arises :roll:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:41 am

Nem won't suggest this (she doesn't like temples), but why not take him somewhere like a temple where he can work, and the clerical staff will have at least a couple of levels in smiting in case he does turn bad.

He needs a prison where he isn't a danger, and where the gaolers aren't a danger to him, otherwise what's the point? And he is pretty dangerous - he took some decent chunks out of Maji before we knocked him out.

So I'd suggest we do that or kill him cleanly now. The other options suck for him.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:50 am

Interesting question for Spider then: Does cooking the subject negate Maj's ability to turn into said subject later?
Anyway, Randy is going to want input from the prisoners. They'd be the most likely to know if extenuating circumstances apply. If Renny there is used to going and collecting his ingredients himself, then he's too dangerous to be rehabbed. If (as is likely) he was just provided the ingredients, then there's some potential.
I agree that releasing him on his own would just be cruel. He'd either starve death, die of thirst, or one of the tribes would start doing nasty stuff to him. And while orcs are rather inclusive in their tribes, they don't have a lot of use for non warriors and would likely either kill him or use him as a piñata for their entertainment. That's why I was wondering if he was connected to someone with some authority in the group. He doesn't appear to have been abused.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:02 am

Actually...I just thought of one more option.

We convert one of the wagons into a "prison" and we bring him with us. And then we use him as an attack dog during fights. Could also become a traveling circus kind of.

I'm actually being serious...we can tell him that the wagon isn't actually a prison of course..but...I mean, why not...as much damage as he did to Maji, he'd be a formidable enemy in a fight..and imagine having an Orc on our side.

I suggest that we Randy say something along the lines of "Would you like to join us." Then release him and see what he does.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:07 am

Except you're missing the part where he's deaf and mute. Also can't read. It's literally impossible to give him orders.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:09 am

Actually I don't believe that he is deaf. Mute yes, and a bit daft...but not deaf.

Have Randy ask him to hold up a specific number of fingers to determine.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:12 am

Might be easier to ask Dornikal & Co. They've been there long enough as slaves to probably interacted with Renny. Heck, they probably even know what his name is and possibly his back story.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:15 am

Hmm, maybe. Not sure. Don't think Ulmwin or anyone else is still gonna agree with that plan, though.

Also, my personal theory of the guy is that he used to be a great fighter, until he got that injury. Kept him around even if he turned to be rather simple afterwrrds.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:20 am

<<Suspicious look>>. Better not be Gorlock. That would trigger all sorts of problems. Randy is under blood oath with that one. Whatever his feeling on the matter, he would have to fulfill his oath or be held accountable as an oathbreaker.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:23 am

You should ask him if his name is Gorlock..if he says hurm than you could assume its a yes and kill him....problem solved.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:23 am

I don't think Spider would want to resolve Randy's backstory in quite that manner. :lol:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:25 am

Yeah, I agree with badge on the first part. I'm guessing his INT score has dipped to somewhere near 3-4 and he's lost the mental ability to speak. He seems able enough to hear and understand orc. Maybe some simple yes-no questions are in order.

Otherwise, I agree with M0rt. Nem isn't going to tolerate the capture / abuse of a disabled orc at all, under any circumstances.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:30 am

Few things,

Spider my worry about coins was just because you'd noted that the orcs didn't have any on them. I read too much into that and figured you were setting up a treasure hunt :).

Weapons Dornikal has A LOT of space in his inventory since he doesn't wear armor and is pretty strong. This leaves the space for, right now, weapons.

Lastly don't try to pass your moral dilemmas on to the poor, poor slaves :P.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:30 am

Abuse? letting him fight and potentially die in combat...there is no greater honor.

Though in reality...I say we just kill him...and personally I think it's Maji and Tess's problem...since they're the ones that didn't put it down.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:36 am

If anyone has a reason to hold a grudge (besides the prisoners that is...) it would by Randy, and even he's not enthusiastic about doing anything nasty to him. He's less about vengeance and more about justice at this point.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:40 am

There is another solution to this.

Let one of the former prisoners (NPCs) do the deed...give them whatever revenge they need.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:48 am

Theis2 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:14 am Maji will smugle him his usual ingredients when the opportunity arises :roll:
He won't make the others eat it at least. :p

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:13 am

BadgeAddict wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:30 am Abuse? letting him fight and potentially die in combat...there is no greater honor.

Though in reality...I say we just kill him...and personally I think it's Maji and Tess's problem...since they're the ones that didn't put it down.
Keeping him chained in a wagon for the rest of his life and only letting him out to perform fight? I'm pretty sure that's abuse. It certainly is in Nem's mind :)

Anyway, we have no idea what he wants or who he is or anything, which is why some yes-no questions from Randy might help. He might be fine staying here and quite capable of finding food and water. There is a well right there and it'll eventually not be poisoned. Hell, he could open a greasy spoon diner and sell food that needs a CON save.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:16 am

We'll come back in a couple months, and he'll have started his own little in the middle of nowhere restaurant. :lol:

All that's on the menu is called "mystery meat" though...

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:17 am

BadgeAddict wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:40 am There is another solution to this.

Let one of the former prisoners (NPCs) do the deed...give them whatever revenge they need.
Question is will they want it? They may view him as just as much a victim as they were. I don't blame him for trying to take Maj out. Wouldn't surprise me if the rank and file didn't sneak up on him and abuse him from time to time. You might get twitchy too, if you were subject to the occasional ambush and beating.